March 28, 2024, 07:29:09 AM

Author Topic: Levi Garcia Thread  (Read 151524 times)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Garcia Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 06:48:09 PM »
Interested to hear :

- Is he still under contract with Central FC, If yes, will they receive a transfer fee or Compensation Fee?

- If he is with Central F.C will he join their roster till the end of the season ? Or will they loan him to another local club. I really hope nobody freezes the kid out and he can play football and not be inactive till November when he turns 18.

-If he is a free agent I really hope Sosa will get him a 6 month deal with a club here. Be it Super League with his hometown team.

- Will he join AZ in the summer for Pre Season? Those June/July introductory months will help him to settle in Holland and also get to grips with the methods of the coach etc.

If anyone can answer those questions it would be appreciated.

I really like this kid, he is a very polite driven young man. I am shocked he did not feature more in Jamaica.

Would like to see him and a few others from the U20 drafted into the Senior Team to train and learn from the Senior Pro's and possibly feature in some international matches.

Levi and Corbin should be in and around that squad... I was impressed with Muckette and Hackshaw... Shannon Gomez is a winner and a good right back option.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 02:55:47 AM »
Garcia, 17, to play in Eredivisie.
T&T Newsday Reports.

Seventeen-year-old Shiva Boys’ Hindu College standout, Levi Garcia, has signed a pre-contract deal with Netherlands Premier Division Club, AZ Alkmaar.

At his official unveiling into the highly competitive Eredivise yesterday, Garcia was displayed by team technical director, Earnie Stewart, who assisted in the youngster penning a three-year deal with an option for a two-year extension. However, the young man will be unable to kick-start his professional career on the European stage until November 20, when he turns 18 years of age.

Speaking after his introduction yesterday, the ex-Central FC player hoped to be an inspiration to other young footballers in Trinidad and Tobago.

“I’m delighted to have signed my first overseas professional contract. It has not been an easy journey but I worked hard and I continued to believe. I want to thank everyone who supported me in Trinidad and Tobago, my family, my friends and my teammates and past coaches. I want to also thank my agent Humphrey Nijman and Dion Sosa for all their efforts and support,” Garcia said.

Former US international Stewart commented on Garcia, saying, “He has great speed, a good understanding and a powerful shot in his left foot. We see him mainly a promise for the future.”

Moving from Central FC to AZ was not a smooth deal, with TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips contacting the parties involved and recommending mediation. Garicia’s representatives met with an attorney and came to an agreement which allowed Levi to depart from Central FC.

Presently, AZ Alkmaar sit in fourth position on the Eredivise 2014/ 2015 League Standings. They currently trail league leaders PSV Eindhoven, Ajax and Feyoonard respectively. Once they maintain a position within the top four finishers at the end of the season, Garcia may be able to experience UEFA Champions League football for his debut season.

The young man has already represented top-flight local team T&TEC, played two years of Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL), represented the red, white and black in Under-17 and Under-20 duty and was later signed to Central FC.

Garcia alongside St Ann’s Rangers player Kadeem Corbin visited the Dutch club last year to undergo trials but is the lone representative selected thus far.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 03:05:46 AM »
i hope levi  is keeping match fit though
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 06:58:01 AM »
Well done, Yute! God Luck. Blessing from the Almighty, Jah! Congrats to Sanch, FS and Sheldon(if what I read is true). Good move.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 05:16:54 PM »

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
Big up!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 11:32:57 AM »
Nice going Levi. Keep yuh head on.
I Remember when this same Earnie Stewart used to give the socawarriors presshah with his speed dong the wing playing for USA.
He knows the Trini potential well.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Levi prepares to head out to Holland - a little glimpse...
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 10:54:48 AM »
A little glimpse of some of the work we are doing with him, 1 hour and 15 mins of high intensity work with heavy repetition ...the folks in Holland have made very specific demands of what they want him doing prior to arriving at AZ. Some of our youngsters also want to get better so they come out before their training begins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbkuDAaeZWU

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Levi prepares to head out to Holland - a little glimpse...
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 11:34:30 AM »
wonderful work
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2015, 09:30:48 AM »
That is high intensity?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:33:38 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »
Anthony I like the work .. I believe this is the type of work the players need a lot of.

I love to use ladders , hurdles and a jump rope. I like to push them harder for very short periods of time to allow a short recovery then push them again just before the  breathing rate slows to normal.

But all in all ..very good stuff.. The idea behind this type of training is to allow the player to think quickly, act quickly yet maintain composure in the execution ..

Back in the day guys like Sherwood and Ivan Sampson had these qualities naturally ...nowadays we have to drill it into these kids.. So we have to know what we doing and why. They should also have their fluids on hand for immediate replenishment .
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:04:45 PM by coache »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2015, 03:30:08 PM »
That is high intensity?

That is high intensity?

Haha...that was just a part of the warm up Sam :-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 05:00:43 PM »
Anthony I like the work .. I believe this is the type of work the players need a lot of.

I love to use ladders , hurdles and a jump rope. I like to push them harder for very short periods of time to allow a short recovery then push them again just before the  breathing rate slows to normal.

But all in all ..very good stuff.. The idea behind this type of training is to allow the player to think quickly, act quickly yet maintain composure in the execution ..

Back in the day guys like Sherwood and Ivan Sampson had these qualities naturally ...nowadays we have to drill it into these kids.. So we have to know what we doing and why. They should also have their fluids on hand for immediate replenishment .

Even so, Levi was the only one who showed any kind of burst or explosion into and out of the moves.  That's not a good reflection on the other players, but it's good that Levi is still working hard and not acting as though he has arrived.  Hopefully with feedback and constructive criticism the other players (in fairness, one was a goalie?) will see where their efforts fell a bit short and pick things up.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:50:18 PM by Bakes »

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 06:31:58 PM »
Bakes, great observation - one of the reasons we video quite a bit is for this very reason, the youngsters in their own minds may feel like they're working hard but once footage is reviewed -  they can actually see where the short falls exist. Levi has a tremendous attitude when it comes to his "work", he's hungry and I believe he will succeed in Holland.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2015, 06:53:29 PM »
Bakes, great observation - one of the reasons we video quite a bit is for this very reason, the youngsters in their own minds may feel like they're working hard but once footage is reviewed -  they can actually see where the short falls exist. Levi has a tremendous attitude when it comes to his "work", he's hungry and I believe he will succeed in Holland.

That's great to hear about Levi... and I know from personal experience (albeit in another activity), the benefits of seeing for yourself what the camera objectively sees.  But I know these youths are in good hands so hopefully they'll be receptive to instruction and capable enough to incorporate the changes.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 04:32:56 AM »

That is high intensity?

Haha...that was just a part of the warm up Sam :-)

Treat us to more. Bring a snippet of the main course.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 08:56:23 PM »
Glimpse into training day 2....continuing to try to build speed of play...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uHTubWL1bU
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:02:52 PM by amwood »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 09:08:31 PM »
Looking good.  It doesn't say too much by itself, but Levi looks a man amongst boys... to my untrained eye he seemed to handle the fatigue well without his technique suffering.  The sequence where small man in the blue was shadowing him, was he supposed to try and intercept the pass?  Just trying to get an understanding on what skills (other than first-touch and return passing) the drill was supposed to be honing.  Would seem to be of added benefit if Levi was trying to hold off the defender to receive the pass.

Bubbles lapsin' man  ;D

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »
Levi is an athlete! At 17 he's really strong and very explosive...small man in blue will be amazing - at 10 years of age he's playing with 14,15 year old players already, it's big for him to have the opportunity to see Levi work, he was just asked to apply "token pressure." Young man in the black is exceptionally talented, will be going up to NC this summer to showcase himself with UNC Chapel Hill...we did some benchmark testing towards the end so we have a good sense of where Levi is now and will see where he is one week before he leaves...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 10:11:46 PM »
Levi is an athlete! At 17 he's really strong and very explosive...small man in blue will be amazing - at 10 years of age he's playing with 14,15 year old players already, it's big for him to have the opportunity to see Levi work, he was just asked to apply "token pressure." Young man in the black is exceptionally talented, will be going up to NC this summer to showcase himself with UNC Chapel Hill...we did some benchmark testing towards the end so we have a good sense of where Levi is now and will see where he is one week before he leaves...

Okay, thanks for the clarification on the kid in blue...good stuff! I did note youthman in the black technique as well.  Meant to state earlier what a tremendous blessing it is to these young men to have Levi around as an inspiration.  His qualities as an athlete and mentor aside, just the knowledge that he was 'found' and able to sign a pro contract let's them know that there's a world of possibilities out there.

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2015, 12:13:08 PM »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »
Them 10 year and 11 year old players look like the real deal, trust me, them fellas going places.

Good job by Sherwood.

You should try and get a team in the Pro League.

;D

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:50:42 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2015, 08:06:56 AM »
Love them youths.

Good job.

Glad to see ah indian they.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
One vs One (The Ultimate Challenge feat. Levi Garcia)
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2015, 11:23:13 AM »
Not the most fundamentally sound defending at times, but one or two creative moments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr9vANpvRLA

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2015, 01:58:24 PM »
Love them youths.

Good job.

Really? Is this what we encouraging on this site now?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2015, 04:19:32 PM »
Love them youths.

Good job.

doh see nutten wrong dey.....given d long perceived disinterest and stereotypical label of incompetence in d sport.......I tink is ah fair acknowledgement
I pity the fool....

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2015, 03:39:38 AM »

Sam, I would even go further than that.

I would like to see Affirmative action implemented into the College League, Pro League and the National Team.

I think each team should have at least 3 players of various minorities.  Even if they playing shit, they will improve.  It can't be worst than the past 20 years.

I do not buy into the argument that the current crop of black players making up most of these squads are the best for the team. There are players around I'm sure who don't get call or haven't been discovered in small leagues and that is a real pity.  I use to see some real ballers in Freeport and Rio Claro...

For far too other various minorities have not been given a fair shot in TNT football.  Why is it that the Dutch can have so many minorities from countries like Surinam and Nigeria.

At the grassroots level all players should all be encouraged.  We aren't tapping into this resource. 

Since Anthony Sherwood, how many people of Chinese origin play for TNT, how many Indian since Bobby Sookram, how many Caucasians since imported Birchall?

We need stronger and more open minded administrators and less favouritism.  I want to see other minority coaches be given a chance. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 04:29:29 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2015, 06:10:05 AM »
Why do our EI brothers excel in cricket? Because that is their passion. When they start to show that same passion for all other sports, then you will see changes in the make up of the various national team.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:39 AM »
Love them youths.

Good job.

I think we should encourage that. Literally we are without about 50%  or more of our population engaged in this particular sport. It could be stereotype! But this is not a racial thing it is a something that would be overcome by institutions like Amwood and other organized youth academies. I know he is not well liked, but look at what Alvin Corneal  did with his academy. At one time nearly 90 % of the T&T team was made up of former players from ALcons.
I would like to see academies like Amwood mushroom around the country, especially in places like Penal, chaguanas, Couva and other non-traditional football areas. I would also like to see these academies add cricket also so that we truly become the hub in the caribbean. I will be visiting Atwood when I go home and will also be donating financially to their future Some of us on this site should also consider this as well.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2015, 09:14:28 AM »

Sam, I would even go further than that.

I would like to see Affirmative action implemented into the College League, Pro League and the National Team.

can't back this.........players should learn the game in organized programs.....not just stuck in for the sake of diversity, dat talk bout dey goh learn is short sighted, our high school baller who supposedly good, have so many deficiencies dat being exposed at d regional level dese days and u want to add a racial quota

ALL should learn the game right to earn the right to play the game.
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>