April 24, 2024, 06:42:57 AM

Author Topic: NBA 2015  (Read 18163 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2015
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 08:23:11 PM »
Knicks pulling real stones this season......but with PJ at the helm we go b ah force to b reckon with in a couple years.

when cock grow teet  :whistling:
them cock go turn and bite yuh backside.......on a serious note with yuh boy out with rotator cuff surgery,yuh feel that is the end for him....I think so.....he is wuh 55 years now.

:rotfl:

I saying this for a while.  If it was down to motivation and bad mind alone, he could sweat til 100, but the human body is what it is, I think he will call it quits now, I actually hoping he does so a true rebuild for LA can occur

Jim Buss needs to step aside so Mitch can work his magic.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 12:44:25 PM »
Boi Raptors rhel surprise meh this season. Ddint expect them to sustain this lead in the standings for so long

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 01:32:10 AM »
Derrick Rose....poor guy can't catch a break from the injury bug.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »

Like nobody excited about this year playoffs or wha  :D

I really doh know who will the whole ting nah.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 07:27:47 AM »
Who against the Wizards!  ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
LOL Wizards almost let game 1 slip through their fingers but this series can go either way though.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 07:07:10 PM »
LOL Wizards almost let game 1 slip through their fingers but this series can go either way though.
Series gone..we play so much tata and still went overtime..Wizards dun

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 10:22:52 PM »
Stephen "f**king" Curry....that man jus hit a 3 to send the game into overtime after being down 20 to start the 4th.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:32:19 AM by soccerman »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2015, 03:29:55 PM »

Predicting a Cavs vs Hawks East final

So wait nah if Lebron make it to NBA final this would be his fifth consecutive NBA final?  :o

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
What boy, the Wizards in 4?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2015, 08:18:34 PM »
most disappointing finish to our season..the NBA 6th man look like the 60th..and except for the last game, maybe even the last game, our all star look like Allsop..nah Allsop was better, look like allflop

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2015, 08:17:39 PM »
most disappointing finish to our season..the NBA 6th man look like the 60th..and except for the last game, maybe even the last game, our all star look like Allsop..nah Allsop was better, look like allflop

I was surprised the Wizards was able to win in TO. They struggled in the last quarter, then won the playoffs in 4 is quite a surprise. To me at least.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 09:33:04 AM »
Steph Curry named NBA MVP....well deserved!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 11:56:43 AM »

Weary! You again! Yes, Steph deserved it. He's been playing good since he came in the league. Not surprised.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 01:33:58 PM »

Weary! You again! Yes, Steph deserved it. He's been playing good since he came in the league. Not surprised.

That use to be a tv show.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 11:24:49 AM »
Instant Classic: "I called game!"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gT8PziyuIqc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gT8PziyuIqc</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 11:26:57 AM »
THE UNPOSSIBLE BRILLIANCE OF WIZARDS COACH RANDY WITTMAN
https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-unpossible-brilliance-of-wizards-coach-randy-wittman

A strange and unexpected thing happened in the 2014 NBA playoffs. Randy Wittman outcoached Tom Thibodeau over a full NBA playoff series.

Even typing these words is surely causing catastrophic magnetic shifts in the cosmos; the Earth's poles briefly and terrifyingly flipped simply with the appearance of the words "Randy Wittman outcoached" with another coach's name after it. I would hate to be traveling anywhere near the Bermuda Triangle right now. And yet this really happened.

Wittman takes a lot of well-deserved shit for running one of the NBA's most cramped, confused, and self-defeating offenses, and steadfastly refuses to take it to heart. The prospect of this relatively inexperienced and Wittman-afflicted Wizards team meeting the playoff-tested Bulls—coached by the man who practically invented the modern brand of NBA team defense—was thought to spell doom in the opening round. The Nets openly tanked a few games to avoid the Bulls. The plucky Wizards were supposed to be meat for the grinder.

And then the series started, and Bradley Beal and Nene were brilliant, and the Wizards defense was tough as hell, and, incredibly, Randy Wittman took Tom Thibodeau to school. Beal and John Wall sliced open Chicago's vaunted defense, Nene poured in buckets from the post and the midrange, halfcourt sets generated open three-pointers, and Wittman's substitutions and lineups were sensible, even inspired at times. In Washington, with this coach, that's no small thing.

Wizards fans expected that offseason to begin sooner than it did, and they expected the replacement of Randy Wittman to be the team's most important and beneficial move. When the Wizards soundly beat the Bulls and played the Pacers tough in the divisional round, Wittman's job was secured for another season. More than that, a certain wild and mostly unpleasant idea crept into the light: is it possible to be a surly, intractable, and mostly crummy regular season coach, but somehow a good playoff coach? Are everyday regular season basketball and its intensified playoff version different enough that you can be bad—actually, truly, teeth-grindingly bad—at the former while being very good at the latter?

And—no, no, it can't be, this simply cannot be—is it possible this is true of Randy f**king Wittman?

If you begin with that premise—that somehow Randy Wittman is a good playoff coach—you can sort of see the faint outline of a shoddy but serviceable rationalization, the kind of thing that will absolutely fly in a very crowded bar if everyone is very drunk and very partisan, and exactly nowhere else. This rationalization being that Randy Wittman's miserable offense, which is designed to generate bad shots so long as the defense cedes them, might make the Wizards a tricky team to gameplan against over the course of a series.

Bear with me, please, and join me in this sodden, terrible, speculative sports bar. The general thinking goes that good NBA defenses, with their focus leveled on just one team, will have actions and counters to take away the pet plays and recurring tricks that form the bread-and-butter of the opposing offense's halfcourt attack. Sets will be anticipated and disrupted. Plays that smoothly and cleanly generate a corner three-pointer in the regular season will be bumped, chased, hacked, and otherwise foiled in a series, until both teams are relying upon willpower, luck, depth, and, crucially, talent to scrape together points.

Randy Wittman's offense undoes all this: how do you take away pet plays and recurring tricks that are designed to generate exactly the kinds of shots your defense would prefer to allow? Do you abandon your defense of the three-point line and the paint in order to stop Bradley Beal and John Wall from pulling up for 18-foot jumpers they're not likely to make? How do you box a fighter who keeps firing crisp jabs into his own nose?

Reach even further, and there is a case to be made that the Wizards offense is perfectly suited to NBA playoff basketball precisely because they are more practiced than anyone at taking the kinds of last-resort shots that offenses are likely to be stuck with against playoff-intensity defense, if only because Wittman has been drawing up plays aimed at generating those very shots all year long. Gearing up to take those shots away at the expense of literally anything else would be foolish, ergo the Wizards are the lone team in the playoffs who can and will get what they want. This is insane.

Insane, but also terrifyingly plausible. The goddamn Wizards might be the only team in the entire postseason that won't have to adjust their offense one bit to deal with the strictures and stresses of the playoffs.

This is what the Wizards take with them into the postseason, and part of what helped them become the only team to win on the road so far in these very young playoffs. Wittman has built a team that is the basketball equivalent of a weirdo who wears a fully inflated life jacket every day, day and night, who suddenly wakes up in a flooded town. The life jacket was an entirely useless obstruction to the normal processes of everyday life, and then the environment changed and look who's floating!

This will be a thing to watch, as the Wizards wade into the 2015 playoffs—where Randy Wittman has already extended his improbable and record-setting run of road success with that ugly Game One win in Toronto—with a talented core and the same dopey offense. Will they bungle their way into success? Will all the tedium and self-sabotage pay off? Is Randy Wittman, arguably the worst coach in the NBA, one of the league's better postseason coaches? These are not great questions, but the answer is coming all the same.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2015, 11:01:37 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TYqmSJuuJdw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TYqmSJuuJdw</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2015, 11:05:37 AM »

:D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6tt5xhq3rM0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6tt5xhq3rM0</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2015, 11:06:18 AM »

Look like it will be a Warriors vs Cavs NBAS final. I am predicting Cavs in 6

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »

Don't know if the Cavs team could beat the Warriors....but then again it's hard to go against Lebron.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2015, 09:29:42 PM »
ATL disappoint this series, #1 seed swept

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »
ATL disappoint this series, #1 seed swept

if again.  what get me too is that ppl in Atl doh even support that team..not one of my friends in Atl ent even self jump on the bandwagon smh

oh well i guess it is the cavs vs warriors for all the marbles

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2015, 11:28:55 PM »
LeBron played big but it was not enough, and if Irving's out that might be it

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2015, 09:30:46 AM »
LeBron played big but it was not enough, and if Irving's out that might be it

yeah just give G S de trophy, Lebron cannot do it by himself (unless JR and de rest of the team step up big time)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2015, 07:23:51 PM »

NUTTEN 4 LEBRICK

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »

Series tied at 1-1..

We will see how many GS can win in Cleveland

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2015, 10:55:41 PM »

Series tied at 1-1..

We will see how many GS can win in Cleveland

Series turning out to be more interesting than I thought. I'm surprised Lebron didn't go off on the refs afterwards because GS got away with some blatant fouls.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2015, 10:59:15 PM »

[/quote]

NUTTEN 4 LEBRICK

If Lebron and Cavs win the Championship. I will be here to embarrass you. Careful what you say early in a series.

1]; } ?>