15 (35.7%)
Brent Sancho
0 (0%)
David-John Williams
0 (0%)
Foreign Investor
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: TTFA News Thread.  (Read 117101 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA News Thread.
« on: October 15, 2014, 02:02:05 AM »
TTFA, Ministry of Sport plan to chart football forward.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Minister of Sport Rupert Griffith has agreed to meet with officials of the T&T Football Association (TTFA) to discuss the future development of the game locally.

According to a media release sent out by the TTFA yesterday, Griffith has been in communication with TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and will hold formal discussions this week charting the way forward and outlining the ministry’s support for football going forward.

The release stated: “Tim Kee has indicated that the minister has expressed a great deal of enthusiasm in supporting all competing national teams and has monitored the progress of the senior men’s national team, the Under-20 and Under-17 men’s team and the senior women’s team, all of which are currently engaged in competition.

“The Ministry of Sport and the Sportt Company continue to be our biggest supporters and by all indication, their contributions to the success of these teams will continue going forward. Our discussions will be centred around this and means of having systems in place to ensure there is timely and relevant support for our national teams,” Tim Kee said.

According to Tim Kee, financial support from the Ministry of Sport has played a significant part in the successes of several national football teams since 2012 including the men’s senior team, which finished second at the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals, reached the quarterfinal of the Concacaf Gold Cup in 2013, finished third at the 2013 OSN Cup in Saudi Arabia, defeated Jamaica twice in 2013, played high-profile friendlies and topped the Caribbean Cup semifinal group in October 2014.

The women’s team also finished winners of the Caribbean Championship in 2014 while the Under-17 men’s team topped its CFU first round group and are into the final round of Caribbean qualifiers for the Fifa Under-17 World Cup and the Under-20 men’s team were also crowned Caribbean Champions in September, 2014.

The Women’s Under-17 Team also captured the Caribbean Championship title last September, while the national Under-15 women’s team finished a commendable third at the 2014 Concacaf Championships in the Cayman Islands. The Women’s Under-20 team also came to within one win of qualifying for the 2014 Fifa Under-20 Women’s World Cup after reaching the third place playoff in January, 2014. These, with the aid of the Ministry of Sport.

RELATED NEWS

Minister Griffith to meet TTFA.
T&T Express Reports.

Minister of Sport Dr Rupert Griffith has agreed to meet with officials of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) to discuss the future development of the local game.

According to a TTFA Media release yesterday, Griffith has been communicating with TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee and will hold formal discussions this week about charting the way forward and outlining the Ministry’s support for football.

The proposed meeting comes a week after the financial plight of the national women’s football team received international exposure after coach Randy Waldrum took to Facebook to beg for aid to feed his players upon their arrival in Dallas for a training camp.

Yesterday, Tim Kee indicated that the Minister had expressed a willingness to support all competing national teams and had monitored the progress of the senior men’steam, the Under-20 and Under-17 Men’s team and the senior women’s side, all of which are currently engaged in competition.

“The Ministry of Sport and the Sportt Company continue to be our biggest supporters and by all indication, their contributions to the success of these teams will continue going forward. Our discussions will be centred around this and means of having systems in place to ensure there is timely and relevant support for our national teams,” Tim Kee said.

The TTFA boss noted that the support of the Ministry of Sport had played a significant part in the successes of some of the national teams since 2012, including the senior team which finished second at the 2012 Caribbean Cup Finals, reached the quarter finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup in 2013, finished third at the 2013 OSN Cup in Saudi Arabia, defeated Jamaica on two occasions in 2013, played high profile friendlies against Argentina and Brazil in 2014 and topped the Caribbean Cup semi-final group in October 2014.

The women’s team also finished winners of the Caribbean Championship in 2014 while the Under-17 men’s team topped their CFU first round group and are into the final round of Caribbean Qualifiers for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup. The Under-20 men’s team were also crowned Caribbean champions in September.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:35:34 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Minister Griffith to meet TTFA.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:08:57 AM »
Ah wonder if it go be another pappyshow like de National Football Consultation dat was held under Anil Robert's watch.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 06:35:48 AM »
De TTFA sitting here and waiting for help, what if all this dont fall through? whats their plan b? do they have any plans to make money on their own?

Imagine de miister of sports is a doctor.

Dr Rupert Griffith.

:rotfl:

Only in f00cking T&T.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 07:57:55 AM »
De TTFA sitting here and waiting for help, what if all this dont fall through? whats their plan b? do they have any plans to make money on their own?

Imagine de miister of sports is a doctor.

Dr Rupert Griffith.

Only in f00cking T&T.

He's not a medical doctor. He has a Ph.D in  Education Administration and Supervision, (and a Masters Degree in Career and Industrial Technology Education).

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:58:11 AM »
I say what d Powder Puff Minister as called by Watson Duke doing meeting with the TTFA. I4get bout d good Doc is now the MOS.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 08:44:33 AM »

Imagine de minister of sports is a doctor.

Dr Rupert Griffith.

Only in f00cking T&T.

He's not a medical doctor. He has a Ph.D in  Education Administration and Supervision, (and a Masters Degree in Career and Industrial Technology Education).

Any none eh have nothing to do with Sports.

Make Ato Boldon or someone in the sport field minister of sports, they know about the sports and whats its like.

I never see a country where athletics suffer so.

And who controlling de sports body in T&T? From Tim Kee, Brian Manning, Larry Romany to Buxo Potts etc.... sucking finger and making de athletics suffer.

It should have open election.

I dont like Tim Kee for example.

I want to vote.

And who controlling de ZONES ???

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 08:58:52 AM »

Imagine de minister of sports is a doctor.

Dr Rupert Griffith.

Only in f00cking T&T.

Make Ato Boldon or someone in the sport field minister of sports, they know about the sports and whats its like.

And who controlling de sports body in T&T? From Tim Kee, Brian Manning, Larry Romany to Buxo Potts etc.... sucking finger and making de athletics suffer.

I want to vote.

You don't have to be a top sportsman to make a good MOS.
What you need is a proper combination of sports knowledge and education.

On paper both Hunte and Anil had this. But both let themselves down with projects that were not properly financially accounted for.

And who knows the man may have played some decent sports in his day.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »

I want to vote.

Your entire line or thinking is just stupid.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 12:41:14 PM »
Make Ato Boldon or someone in the sport field minister of sports,

Sam Oh Sam. You think Ato is a glutton for punishment. Ato been there, done that. And the perception that a former athlete or sport personality will make a good MOS, is not always plausible. Someone with a sound administrative background. She or he must be an effective communicator with the various sports bodies and the business community. I would be prefer she or he be an avid sports(all sports) fan. If that person represented TT is some sport, that would be great but not necessary. I feel that when a team is selected for an international event, the MOS should be there to assist. Yes they should put stipulations for the request of funds. What is so friggin' difficult about that. This is not the first time a women's going for a WC qualifying tournament. They pre-qualified right in their own backyard and had to go thru all that nonsense. That is unforgivable. I almost sure Tim Kee must have asked them for money as soon as the team qualified. But redtape and party politics cause this nonsense to happen.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 07:57:56 PM by Deeks »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:06 PM »
we've had former elite athletes in the past who were sports ministers eg Marilyn Gordon, Basil Ince and Jean Pierre yet a lot of people credit Jennifer Johnson as being one of the best in recent times. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:08:37 AM by royal »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 11:58:40 PM »
I found Rupert Griffith to be very aware of the failings of previous sports ministers. Although he may not be a sport "expert", he does like sport. In a way he is a good choice. How many times have we wanted a supporter to run sport? He is very focused on accountability, but he is also willing to listen to proposals. He is also very aware that there needs to be upgrades in community grounds to get professional football  out of the stadiums.
Obviously we need to see how he performs, but I do think he should be given the some time to settle in before we criticise him too soon.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2014, 07:56:57 AM »
I found Rupert Griffith to be very aware of the failings of previous sports ministers. Although he may not be a sport "expert", he does like sport. In a way he is a good choice. How many times have we wanted a supporter to run sport? He is very focused on accountability, but he is also willing to listen to proposals. He is also very aware that there needs to be upgrades in community grounds to get professional football  out of the stadiums.
Obviously we need to see how he performs, but I do think he should be given the some time to settle in before we criticise him too soon.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2014, 08:31:26 AM »
Is now he looking interested? Steups yuh get a job an appointment to a ministry should he not be having these talks with all the sporting bodies to find out measures of success account abilities from the onset? Steups  all we getting is one whole heap of rhetoric and politicking - another example of incompetence at the highest degree from this governance.  Is like they are reactive rather then been proactive- it took a public national and international embarrassment before talk starting.
All them ministers could hush they arse and go  sit in ah latrine and ponder the crap they doing in they ministerial house.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA News Thread.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
Who should take over for the TTFA

I fed up with the constant embarrassment, the lies and false promises and the lack of ambition to make money on their own and sand on their own two feet.

Sheldon Phillips keep taking credit that the TTFA is the one paying the players when is de T&T government who have to constantly bail them out.

The players who playing they hearts out there and getting results with no food, no refreshments, no transportation, no pay, no friendly games, no local camps, NOTHING !!!

This is de only time in T&T history we dont have a local core in training. De pro league was out for 3 months (June, July and August and part of Sept)  and nothing. De ole TTFF was better in many ways.

I hear national coaches have to pick players up and bring them to training and buy food and boots for them youth players.

If the women team did not refuse to go on that plane they would have still be begging for their pay.

Now de senior men team had to boycott just to get they pay WHO DE GOVERNMENT HAD TO PAY.

I am not hearing any plans be the TTFA on what they doing to make things better.

Christmas, Carnival, throw a fete, have fund raisers, etc, etc, do something man.

Tim Kee also needs to leave de politics, he cant be a opposition politician and run the TTFA.

De TTFA just waiting with they hands open for money, like people will just give them MILLIONS and then they go take all de credit in de end.

If anybody decent get money they to could do de same.

Tim Kee is hiding to many secrets and it making it worst for them and Sheldon is burning his name to.

Get your house in order or get out.

If de job to big for you, then leave.

Ah like Sheldon, but if must put his foot down on Tim Kee or else he will be in de same mess.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:34:27 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who should take over for the TTFA
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2014, 11:47:32 AM »
Sam, I agree Tim should resign because he is PNM. As long as POS has a PNM mayor they will be starved of money to make improvements. Why you think Lee Sing bolted. The other choice is for him to join PP. Then you will see how everything will go smoothly. By he should resign and work on PNM future.

I can't see where TTFA taking credit for everything. Most of the time I have see the TTFA saying that they get the money from Mos  or Sport. They always say, this has to go thru parliament before they get the money. Go back and read some of the newspaper articles. Show us where Sheldon say he should be credited for making this or that happen. Maybe the MoS should take over the TTFA. Let the gov't run it. Or maybe you have your business partners in line to take over. Let me tell you. Who ever take over TTFA, have to bring in MONEY. Fundraisers are all well and good. But that money will NEVER be enough to support football.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:49:12 AM by Deeks »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
I don't think it's so much as who is in charge as much as it it what plans they have and their ability to secure support, resources and finances to implement those plans to make the FA successful.
We need someone who can -initially- bring people in who's willing to volunteer and commit their time to assisting in streamlining the FA.

Positions that need critical attention

- Public Relations
- Marketing
- Fundraising (separate from sponsors)
- Program Development (from the community to the World Cup) Not that it's correct or we should do it but.....
- Coaches Education
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »
Flex is Ok for PR and he could be part of an interim executive who can create change and to hold proper and transparent elections.some of the members of this Committee could include a rep nominated by the 73 team, the strike Squad and the 2006 soca warriors . The problem is too big for one man. This committee could work for a year to put things in order . A rep of the ministry of Sport or Sport company can also be appointed because they seem to be running football. We want an executive body free of nepotism. After the Corneals regime , it is now the Phillips and son team Sheldon and Lincoln , what a shame! We can't go on like this!

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
TTFA has no money.  They are at the mercy of the government.  They need a development department for strictly raising funds, but even at that, I do not know who is going to put a large amount of money into TTFA.  The big difference between this current administration and the past is the issue of ethics.  I do not see Tim Kee and Sheldon Phillips as dishonorable people.  They just have a lot of limitations in what they are dealing with.  It does not matter who is running TTFA, they are going to be faced with a lot of financial challenges. 

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
It is funny how people on the outside always have a solution

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
It is funny how people on the outside always have a solution

I don't think it solutions, but ideas. People will always have ideas and there is nothing wrong that, can't hurt. This is part of the problem with our football, people limited to receiving different ideas. You're not a President of an FA so you should not talk or express some ideas.

:-\
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 01:31:55 PM »
TTFA has no money.  They are at the mercy of the government.  They need a development department for strictly raising funds, but even at that, I do not know who is going to put a large amount of money into TTFA.  The big difference between this current administration and the past is the issue of ethics.  I do not see Tim Kee and Sheldon Phillips as dishonorable people.  They just have a lot of limitations in what they are dealing with.  It does not matter who is running TTFA, they are going to be faced with a lot of financial challenges. 

I dont think the TTFA needs to be disbanded or that they are corrupt. Maybe they are inept, but theyve had such little funding to work with. They were in a position to fail from the outset.
Hart for president

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
We need someone who can -initially- bring people in who's willing to volunteer and commit their time to assisting in streamlining the FA.

Elan, be realistic now. The only people who can volunteer are millionaires. No one who has a family to take care of,  going to work for TTFA for free!

Offline Orient Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 01:43:31 PM »
I agree with most that Tim Kee is:
1) Not fit for the role as he has announced political preference
2) His political preference is not in power therefore resulting in delays in payments, non support from Government until they absolutely must release funds or threatened, ie Women's senior team fiasco and today's drama in Jamaica.
3) A businessman not a Football man, clueless on the demands necessary to successfully run a F.A
4) Maybe placed there by Warner to protect and avoid legal issues over the 2006 missing money for all involved. Tim Kee was a part of that regime.

I think he is out of his depth and he is dragging the General Sec down with him as Mr Phillips from what I've read about him here on this forum seems to have good intentions but he has no financial support and a weak support system.

This is the first administration to not rely on Jack Warner's money.

I would like to see Tim Kee out of the picture and a good football person with business sense relative to creating a successful F.A come in.

My nominee would be Shaka Hislop. He is very charming and can be impartial to any political party in T&T for the betterment of Trinidad and Tobago Football. He can land sponsors and bring fresh innovative ideas into T&T Football.

He can set up a support system with the likes of Brent Sancho, Kelvin Jack etc. Young fresh football minds with experience on and off the field who can really take us forward and be loved by the entire nation as they are already heroes.

Born in Trini, Working in England.
Come on you O's !

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
The TTFA's biggest fault as I see it has been its failure to better engage the public directly.  Sheldon Phillips does what he can, but Tim Kee doesn't really understand or appreciate the benefits of social media, particularly in today's day and age.  There needs to be more transparency from the organization so that people would realize that nobody's playing hide the ball (if that is legitimately the case) and that funds aren't being misused or misspent.  I don't think there is any deliberate attempt to hide things from the public as has been the case in the past, but for some reason the leadership insists on playing things very close to the vest.  There are traitors and saboteurs inside the organization, but none of the stuff I'm referring to is that secretive that it's kept from these insiders... they already know all about it.  Despite that there's a sneaky campaign of lies and halftruths being leaked to and through Wired868.com, and nobody is really stepping forward to say "no, that is not the case, look the proof here."

Case in point, all this talk about where the money is going and "audited reports"... accounting for all monies is included in the General Secretary's report to the executive board.  Every penny from the friendlies played, to gate receipts... how much was made (or lost as the case was) and how much was spent is in it.  There are no audited statements because an audit requires the hiring of an outside accounting firm to pour over the financial statements.  The last time KPMG did an audit of the finances following the WC 2006 fiasco, it cost over $1million TT for them to do the audit.  For Lasana and the rest who keep bawling about "audited statements", where is the TTFA supposed to find money to pay for that?  You don't just commission an audit by vaps or because some jackass on a hill somewhere keep braying fuh it. 

Tim Kee needs to put the GS report on the TTFA website for everybody to see what's going on.  All of the agreements which they signed with sponsors, only for the sponsors to renege and basically dare them to sue (knowing they can't sue because they have no money and can't be antagonistic), publish that on the website. Instead of waiting for Watson and Taylor and them to keep leaking stuff to Lasana, have regular press releases on the website so that people at least could hear the other side of the story and try and pick sense from nonsense.  Instead you have self-righteous silence ("me eh do nutten wrong so I doh need to address dem allegations") on one end and a steady drumbeat of accusations on the other.  They desperately need a publicist and/or media advisor... Fuentes is a waste, all he good for is to run behind man back looking for opportunity to stab them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:53:37 PM by Bakes »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 01:52:24 PM »
This is the best forum in the world!!!!!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 02:02:05 PM »
The TTFA's biggest fault as I see it has been its failure to better engage the public directly.  Sheldon Phillips does what he can, but Tim Kee doesn't really understand or appreciate the benefits of social media, particularly in today's day and age.  There needs to be more transparency from the organization so that people would realize that nobody's playing hide the ball (if that is legitimately the case) and that funds aren't being misused or misspent.  I don't think there is any deliberate attempt to hide things from the public as has been the case in the past, but for some reason the leadership insists on playing things very close to the vest.  There are traitors and saboteurs inside the organization, but none of the stuff I'm referring to is that secretive that it's kept from these insiders... they already know all about it.  Despite that there's a sneaky campaign of lies and halftruths being leaked to and through Wired868.com, and nobody is really stepping forward to say "no, that is not the case, look the proof here."

Case in point, all this talk about where the money is going and "audited reports"... accounting for all monies is included in the General Secretary's report to the executive board.  Every penny from the friendlies played, to gate receipts... how much was made (or lost as the case was) and how much was spent is in it.  There are no audited statements because an audit requires the hiring of an outside accounting firm to pour over the financial statements.  The last time KPMG did an audit of the finances following the WC 2006 fiasco, it cost over $1million TT for them to do the audit.  For Lasana and the rest who keep bawling about "audited statements", where is the TTFA supposed to find money to pay for that?  You don't just commission an audit by vaps or because some jackass on a hill somewhere keep braying fuh it. 

Tim Kee needs to put the GS report on the TTFA website for everybody to see what's going on.  All of the agreements which they signed with sponsors, only for the sponsors to renege and basically dare them to sue (knowing they can't sue because they have no money and can't be antagonistic), publish that on the website. Instead of waiting for Watson and Taylor and them to keep leaking stuff to Lasana, have regular press releases on the website so that people at least could hear the other side of the story and try and pick sense from nonsense.  Instead you have self-righteous silence ("me eh do nutten wrong so I doh need to address dem allegations") on one end and a steady drumbeat of accusations on the other.  They desperately need a publicist and/or media advisor... Fuentes is a waste, all he good for is to run behind man back looking for opportunity to stab them.

Bakes this makes sense.

I have not seen Lasana tell a lie. He may sensationalize (par for the course) somethings but not sure about lies. As you say, the FA needs to come forward and address certain things, not everything. The press good, bad or ugly plays their part and the FA ca't get too caught up in that. So far they had 3 issues that I think they dropped the ball on in addressing players and then the public. Other than that I really don't need to hear them defend small things they are being criticized about. Just take it o the chin.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 02:08:36 PM »
sorry guys i know im new here but i have been on this site for years browsing when ever i could. been a fan of local football and is somewhat familiarized with what has been taking place, and from where i stand what we are seeing here is still the effects of the old guard (TTFF). i honestly believe that timkee and phillips have the best of intentions but unfortunately that don't pay the bills. i think that the blame goes to the local business community who has shown no intent on supporting sports in this country and the MOS who's playing a game of political spite. as it stands oli camps has not only left the federation broke but also in arrears. while tim and phillips have to scratch and claw for what ever help they could musta, which is very unfortunate. nothing new T.I.T.

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 02:17:38 PM »
This is an excellent thread!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 02:22:21 PM »
Bakes this makes sense.

I have not seen Lasana tell a lie. He may sensationalize (par for the course) somethings but not sure about lies. As you say, the FA needs to come forward and address certain things, not everything. The press good, bad or ugly plays their part and the FA ca't get too caught up in that. So far they had 3 issues that I think they dropped the ball on in addressing players and then the public. Other than that I really don't need to hear them defend small things they are being criticized about. Just take it o the chin.

Call it lie, call it half-truth, call it misrepresentation, call it exaggeration if yuh want... it have plenty.  You have to consider, who is Lasana's source? And do they have an agenda?  Case in point, the whole thing about putting off elections, the TTFA is not the only FA in the world that FIFA gave an extension of time to modernize their statutes and bring them into compliance with FIFA's general statutes.  FECA (the Cameroonian FA) got the same 9-month extension, for exactly the same reason.  Lasana make it seem like TnT was the only place in the world this happen.  And worse, the spin he put on it was that FIFA do this "illegally" (never mind that Article 7 of the FIFA statutes gives them just that authority), and in collusion with Tim Kee so that Tim Kee could avoid/delay elections and hang onto power longer.  Like 9 months is really something to hang on to.  You might say he didn't lie, I would say if he not lying he's deliberately misleading the public.  The end result is that he's helping undermine trust in the TTFA (which is precisely what Watson wants, since he was one of Tim Kee's opponents last elections and likely will be again at the next), which in turn prevents local businesses from wanting to align themselves with the organization, and gives the government ammunition to treat the FA as it does.  This is why the gov't feel they so bold that they could just bypass the FA now and pay players, past and present, directly.  Exchanging public funds for political capital.  This is the kind of underhand shit that the public not focused on.  Is only "Tim Kee and dem is crooks, they have to go!!"

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 02:33:44 PM »
Bakes this makes sense.

Call it lie, call it half-truth, call it misrepresentation, call it exaggeration if yuh want... it have plenty.  You have to consider, who is Lasana's source? And do they have an agenda?  Case in point, the whole thing about putting off elections, the TTFA is not the only FA in the world that FIFA gave an extension of time to modernize their statutes and bring them into compliance with FIFA's general statutes.  FECA (the Cameroonian FA) got the same 9-month extension, for exactly the same reason.  Lasana make it seem like TnT was the only place in the world this happen.  And worse, the spin he put on it was that FIFA do this "illegally" (never mind that Article 7 of the FIFA statutes gives them just that authority), and in collusion with Tim Kee so that Tim Kee could avoid/delay elections and hang onto power longer.  Like 9 months is really something to hang on to.  You might say he didn't lie, I would say if he not lying he's deliberately misleading the public.  The end result is that he's helping undermine trust in the TTFA (which is precisely what Watson wants, since he was one of Tim Kee's opponents last elections and likely will be again at the next), which in turn prevents local businesses from wanting to align themselves with the organization, and gives the government ammunition to treat the FA as it does.  This is why the gov't feel they so bold that they could just bypass the FA now and pay players, past and present, directly.  Exchanging public funds for political capital.  This is the kind of underhand shit that the public not focused on.  Is only "Tim Kee and dem is crooks, they have to go!!"
Thank you for expressing my sentiments

1]; } ?>