15 (35.7%)
Brent Sancho
0 (0%)
David-John Williams
0 (0%)
Foreign Investor
1 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: TTFA News Thread.  (Read 117123 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Who should take over for the TTFA
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
Kenwyne Jones calls for new blood in the TTFA and also for a strong functioning Players Association to fight on behalf of the players.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rtEpp6Uo68Y</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 03:23:50 PM »
WTF Elan and Bakes agree on something.....judging by how cold it is outside hell really has frozen over.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 03:27:56 PM »
I say anyone who have that vision to take T&T football program to higher level and beyond

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 03:28:03 PM »
this don't sound too good coming from jonsey. it seem like the coach has had it and has made up his mind to to bounce and the players also because of their loyalty to the coach wouldn't rep the country under another coach. oh dear look at trouble again for trinidad football.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 03:34:13 PM »
I don't think it's so much as who is in charge as much as it it what plans they have and their ability to secure support, resources and finances to implement those plans to make the FA successful.
We need someone who can -initially- bring people in who's willing to volunteer and commit their time to assisting in streamlining the FA.

Positions that need critical attention

- Public Relations
- Marketing
- Fundraising (separate from sponsors)
- Program Development (from the community to the World Cup) Not that it's correct or we should do it but.....
- Coaches Education

well said!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »
Bakes talking sense on many issues.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 03:48:21 PM »
I can't believe after all these years the TTFA in this shit...Tim Kee and the old staff have to really step down and give brighter head a chance to take this FA forward in a big way

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
i warned everyone about tim kee and all sport but no one listened, in fact, that's when the herd arose and i dismantled them, all of them...

it's time to wake up T&T

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 04:24:45 PM »
i warned everyone about tim kee and all sport but no one listened, in fact, that's when the herd arose and i dismantled them, all of them...

it's time to wake up T&T
i think tim kee is doing his best ATM it's just that his political affiliation makes him and obvious target more or less for funding the federation. you must remember what keeps us back as a people is our pettiness and prejudices and if politicians decide to bury the hatchet then i believe a lot would be accomplished. nothing new here to see, just the same ole same ole. my only concern is if the coach stays or leave, i couldn't take another uprooting of the coach and another system introduced that the players have to adopt too. this would be a huge set back.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »
Then he have to choose.

One or de other.

A politician or the TTFA president.

Anytime you start playing politics everything will fall apart.

Politician are build on lies, remember that, anywhere and anyone, they are corrupted and lie a lot.

I want de TTFA do do well, but they really need to start thinking out of the box.

How long will de government bail they out?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
Flex is Ok for PR and he could be part of an interim executive who can create change and to hold proper and transparent elections.some of the members of this Committee could include a rep nominated by the 73 team, the strike Squad and the 2006 soca warriors . The problem is too big for one man. This committee could work for a year to put things in order . A rep of the ministry of Sport or Sport company can also be appointed because they seem to be running football. We want an executive body free of nepotism. After the Corneals regime , it is now the Phillips and son team Sheldon and Lincoln , what a shame! We can't go on like this!

Good post.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 05:21:27 PM »
I don't know anything about the inner workings of the TTFA, lets examine the reason why change personnel in TTFA.

Firstly our media guy isn't doing an adequate job with interviews, the youtube channel looks a bit shaggy for a lack of better wording and the coverage in terms of post/pre-match is poor in my opinion. If the government is the main funds holder there is very little the TTFA can do in terms of paying the players. There is a process involve anytime government of tnt is involved especially when it comes to money.

In my humble opinion the way this team is projected in the media plays a big part in getting sponsors involved. I think we need personnel that can work to find sponsors. The most important thing for TTFA is to find ways to be self sufficient. Selling shirts, promoting merchandise/advertisement for companies, etc etc.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 11:21:04 PM »
TTFA's admin and development process are way,way off the mark, to me, there are no solutions near in sight.
I wish them (TTFA) well. Hart is still experimenting with this team even though knowing that the mindset of success of the modern game comes from playing on the pitch.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:10:23 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA News Thread.
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »
New TTFA same problems.

Once the TTFA start getting their acts together, teams will play better and what happens off the field affect players greatly.

Its a new TTFA and still they operating like the old one.

When they are done with T&T football we will hit rock bottom twice.

Not even hotels want to give them help.

No one trusts them anymore.

The hotel wanted their money upfront again, the TTFA wanted consignment and they said no, leaving the TTFA to scrape up the money to pay for the team's hotel stay.

Some of the players and staff still not paid since the last caribbean cup.

They wanted to put the team in a Maxi before the Panama game and both said no, they not going. Panama coach was very upset to, he wanted to leave.

The women team is upset, they didn't care to play Colombia or Argentina, they just wanted a game.

The Under 15 team is still not together and they have a tournament soon.

I spoke to Sancho last week and Sancho said he will help, but the TTFA still do not have a long term plan for direct football, all they talking about the clinics etc.

He said you cannot bring a team every 3 months and expect team to grow or gel.

The TTFA has decided they will close all relationship with the media until further notice, hence the reason no one is hearing from them or their plans for T&T football, even sponsors.

They want the public support but yet they operating very self centered, how will you get the public trust?

Tim Kee told me personally, he has to answer to no one.

I asked Tim Kee how is the TTFA operating daily with no money? his reply was, we cannot disclose and preferred to remain silence.

Did anyone catch the new kit T&T sporting? If they expect to boost sales, they need to work with Joma to get better designs, no one will buy those boring looking shirts. T&T is about color, carnival, nice designs, not a simple two line shirt.

I asked Hyland if he like de kit, he watch me with a smirk.

They need to be open and get more people involved in decision making and really start taking advise from someone else, cause they are doing as they please and expect folks to jump on the waggon.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:28:01 AM by Flex »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New TTFA same problems.
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 09:19:07 AM »
Once the TTFA start getting their acts together, teams will play better and what happens off the field affect players greatly.

The hotel wanted their money upfront again, the TTFA wanted consignment and they said no, leaving the TTFA to scrape up the money to pay for the team's hotel stay.

They wanted to put the team in a Maxi before the Panama game and both said no, they not going. Panama coach was very upset to, he wanted to leave.

The women team is upset, they didn't care to play Colombia or Argentina, they just wanted a game.

I spoke to Sancho last week and Sancho said he will help, but the TTFA still do not have a long term plan for direct football, all they talking about the clinics etc.

The TTFA has decided they will close all relationship with the media until further notice, hence the reason no one is hearing from them or their plans for T&T football, even sponsors.

They want the public support but yet they operating very self centered, how will you get the public trust?

I asked Tim Kee how is the TTFA operating daily with no money? his reply was, we cannot disclose and preferred to remain silence.

Did anyone catch the new kit T&T sporting? If they expect to boost sales, they need to work with Joma to get better designs, no one will buy those boring looking shirts. T&T is about color, carnival, nice designs, not a simple two line shirt.

They need to be open and get more people involved in decision making and really start taking advise from someone else, cause they are doing as they please and expect folks to jump on the waggon.

Actually, they were 24 seater coaches provided by SPORTT & Ministry of Sport. These had been used all week, but both teams wanted 1 large bus instead of the two 24 seaters to travel to and from the game. This was arranged by TTFA with PTSC.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »
Man hot on Google now googling TTFA info that nowhere on the internet to come and drop a smack down.

If you do a cursory search on Google you will find all info you want on TTFA.  ::)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 12:45:37 PM »

Actually, they were 24 seater coaches provided by SPORTT & Ministry of Sport. These had been used all week, but both teams wanted 1 large bus instead of the two 24 seaters to travel to and from the game. This was arranged by TTFA with PTSC.

If you didn't work for the MoS you would not have posted this.

This no pay thing to players and staff caused a real mess. Its not just pay, its flights, proper treatment once in camp etc.

You have to remember. The foreign based pros accustom to certain standards, they not demanding the same standards, but there will be a bare minimum they expect.

For example, under Jack reign players who flew from Europe always flew Business class, now its Economy. They not complaining about that, but when they home they could at least get a proper bus ride or a hassle free hotel stay not an embarrassing one. The SPORTT bus is just a glorified large Maxi Taxi.

The TTFA is in a mess and its run very poorly and wants to players to accept no pay and play their hearts out, no insurance etc.

The June camp in jeopardy...

I suspect something serious could happen if things doesn't change.

How do you guys expect us to bring Inniss and DeLeon under this mess?

Its embarrassing.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:48:52 PM by Insider »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2015, 01:02:56 PM »

If you didn't work for the MoS you would not have posted this.

This no pay thing to players and staff caused a real mess. Its not just pay, its flights, proper treatment once in camp etc.

You have to remember. The foreign based pros accustom to certain standards, they not demanding the same standards, but there will be a bare minimum they expect.

For example, under Jack reign players who flew from Europe always flew Business class, now its Economy. They not complaining about that, but when they home they could at least get a proper bus ride or a hassle free hotel stay not an embarrassing one. The SPORTT bus is just a glorified large Maxi Taxi.

The TTFA is in a mess and its run very poorly and wants to players to accept no pay and play their hearts out, no insurance etc.

The June camp in jeopardy...

I suspect something serious could happen if things doesn't change.

How do you guys expect us to bring Inniss and DeLeon under this mess?

Its embarrassing.

so basically you complaining and don't know what really happened and you call yourself an insider?

if the ttfa and ptsc provided the buses, what the hell are you talking about?

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »

Jackass, everything under Jack reign would have been better financially as the man had money to use.

The new TTFA still in debt because of your former boss but you run to the forum and social media and continue to put your current employers on blast.
It's amazing Phillips and Tim Kee did not buss your throat yet for this open display of treachery.

Whoever you are , I'm sure you enjoyed the perks of Warner and now your imput is on low under the new regime you looking to stir the pot even further for a cash strapped TTFA and the head figures such as Tim Kee and Phillips.

I agree with you things need to change, what they doing is not perfect but don't be a f**king hypocrite.

Now run along back to hiding under your rock you coward.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:06:42 PM by Banter Banton »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2015, 04:43:10 PM »

Jackass, everything under Jack reign would have been better financially as the man had money to use.

The new TTFA still in debt because of your former boss but you run to the forum and social media and continue to put your current employers on blast.
It's amazing Phillips and Tim Kee did not buss your throat yet for this open display of treachery.

Whoever you are , I'm sure you enjoyed the perks of Warner and now your imput is on low under the new regime you looking to stir the pot even further for a cash strapped TTFA and the head figures such as Tim Kee and Phillips.

I agree with you things need to change, what they doing is not perfect but don't be a f**king hypocrite.

Now run along back to hiding under your rock you coward.

Banton, dont heat up yourself man.

Insider did not say the players or anyone else expecting the same as they did under Jack.

Read it again man.

I doubt anyone expecting the same, but some things can be a little better.

Its been 2 years now the TTFA has no money, and have been doing the best they can, however, how long will they continue to work like this?

For example, if they advertise games and sell tickets in advance folks will come out to games and they could get some much needed funds to help out or sell jerseys and have fund raisers instead of just sitting in first gear.

They waiting so long and now all teams are booked up.

I am sure there is many things they can do, every little counts.

The hotel issue is embarrassing, I though Sancho took care of that for the Panama game?

And what about the players and staff that are still not paid since the last Caribbean Cup?

Is this true?

What would you have done if you were one of the players or staff who depends on a little football to feed your family?

The TTFA should approach a buss company and asked them to donate a buss in exchange for free advertisement, it would be nice to have all the players and staff ride together in luxury.

Is the TTFA just waiting on the government to help or are the seeking other outlets?

There must be a reason why no one wants to help them?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2015, 05:00:49 AM »
This have to be de worst I ever see we football run.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2015, 06:06:49 AM »
This have to be de worst I ever see we football run.

I tell allyuh Affirmative action is d way to go...but nah doe study me...i always bias.

Another thing...all dem money some of them fellas making...dem cant rent ah maxi...steups...

all yuh players know d organization scrunting...well shellout some of yuh cash nah  100 pounds is toilet paper money for some fellas...

Look at George Weah as an example....

In the late 1990s, amid the fighting, Weah -- pronounced WAY-ah -- single-handedly financed the national team's World Cup qualifying efforts, setting up training camp in neighboring countries, paying his teammates' travel expenses and purchasing shoes and uniforms. He was the team's benefactor, star player and coach. The Lone Star, as the team is known, fell just short of a berth in the 1998 World Cup in France -- the closest Weah would ever come to the sport's premier event.

http://www.tlcafrica.com/weah.htm

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:14:56 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
TTFA News Thread.
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2015, 04:27:30 AM »
TTFA to sell jerseys on-line.
T&T Express Reports.

THE Trinidad and Tobago Football has acquired a mobile unit from which to sell national team jerseys and are also about to embark on the business of selling national team shorts on-line as well.

The TTFA is making the marketing drive using a grant from FIFA, the governing body for world football, to help its effort to raise funds.

TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee admitted that making many presentations to as many 28 state organisation,s had brought only limited success with funding. FIFA has therefore given the Association a hand with trying to raise some funds on its own.

“We have secured a van which is being painted with the faces of national players and so on,” president Tim Kee said. “We will have this going around so that we can sell jerseys and other memorabilia, especially at our matches.”

According to Tim Kee, the Association has also engaged an international partner which will allow them to sell jerseys on the internet via credit card.

“We are hoping especially that the diaspora will take the opportunity to support football by buying national team jerseys.”

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 02:55:37 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA merchandise and marketing info Thread.
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2015, 09:56:23 AM »
Ok, what side of the business is the International partner on? Can't be that difficult to sell merchandise online?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Creditors call on TTFA to pay off debts.
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2015, 06:01:53 AM »
Creditors call on TTFA to pay off debts.
By Rhondor Dowlat (Guardian).

An outstanding debt of $251,000 is allegedly owed to Gary’s Transport by the TT Football Association (TTFA). This figure was yesterday confirmed by the owner of the transport company, Gary Jack, 46, of Rousillac. He said the outstanding amount stemmed from transport services he conducted for several national football teams, including Under-17 and U-23 men’s and U-17 women’s football teams. The duration of time he said is from 2011 to 2015.

Jack said that he had at one time owned five 25-seater maxis but lost four, allegedly due to the non-payment of the monies owed by the TTFA. “I was forced to sell out my maxis because I had to stay afloat. I had loans and other bills and the TTFA was not paying me my money although I went to them many times literally begging them,” Jack said.

“I even had to send a lawyer letter to them demanding my payment but they kept telling me that there was nothing they could do because they have no money. They also gave me a promissory letter that will pay.” Jack alleged that last December for two weeks, every day, he went to the TTFA’s offices demanding payment.

“It was only then that Mr Sheldon Phillips called me into his office and (allegedly) gave me $11,000 in cash and he promised that he would pay the rest in January. From then to now I could never get through to Mr Phillips again,” Jack said. The father of two, also revealed that he was even forced to postponed his wedding in February.

“I pushed back my wedding to March giving me ample time to borrow money from almost everyone to have my wedding. This setback has really cost me and I just would like my money.” When asked why he kept on doing transport duties for the TTFA, knowing that he was not getting paid and causing the figure to continue building up.

“I have been working for them since 1999 and I does really try to help them out and I keep working because they keep promising to pay and I keep telling myself, well right, they will pay me but it is overbearing now,” he said. When contacted yesterday for comment, TTFA’s general secretary, Sheldon Phillips acknowledged the debt owed to Jack but added that he (Jack) was not the only creditor.

Phillips said when the TTFA took over from the T&T Football Federation (TTFF), they were met with about $36 million in debt, with over 100 creditors. “We have been able to gradually pay off some of these debts, close to $28 million. For the Soca Warriors 2006 was close to $18 million and about $10 million in television debts,” Phillips said.

He added that in order to pay off all the creditors, the TTFA is quickly moving to develop additional revenue streams, which he said, will also allow them to lessen its dependency on the government. Phillips disclosed that this will be done through the creation of a new brand called “Soca Warriors”.

He said, “Through FIFA’s Win Win programme we are able to develop the first phase, which is licensing and merchandising of the Soca Warrior brand so the textiles and other items can be sold from the website and different point of sales throughout the country and internationally. We also made a deal with the World Soccer Shop.

“We will also develop our intellectual property, which will enable the TTFA to become more self sufficient. The model that took place before was controlled by one person, who had deep pockets and we have had to depend on the government to help us, coming out post, the Jack Warner era (former FIFA vice president). With the government support, the Ministry of Sport, FIFA and Concacaf bridge, we are able to still maintain our teams, number one in Caribbean and the youth team operating in the competitive level.”

In the third phase of the transformation process, Phillips said is the commercial development, which will allow the creation of a fund, in which the proceeds will go directly to the benefit of the players and coaches. “This will ensure that the two pillars in the game of football, the players and the coaches will be paid on time. Even though we still have creditors, we have a plan and a vision to get out of the mess we inherited,” Phillips said.

It is also alleged that the TTFA also owe an undisclosed amount of money to the Normandie Hotel in St Ann’s. The Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC) has sought legal action against the TTFA to recover $1.4 million for services for the period August-September 2010. Phillips said that in a bid to restore public trust and confidence the TTFA is currently in the process of compiling seven years of financial records, from 2008 to present, “We will provide a full transparent financial recording system.”

He also said that when the audit is completed it will be published.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
Re: Creditors call on TTFA to pay off debts.
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2015, 02:31:49 PM »
The new brand is "Soca Warriors" but the old belief of promising to pay and not paying is still prevalent. Some people real dotish yes. You working on a promise to get paid since 1999? What? Dem ah idiot dat. Still operatng under Jack Warner's M.O. I promise to pay you tomorrow for a job done today but, p.s., doh hold yuh breath. Exhale partner. Yuh doh have any money but yuh getting paid every month.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »

They paying off debts of the TTFF or just the ones they want to or who persistent like Gary Jack?

Maybe someone will close in like before and seize things like the FA Cup trophy or the brand Soca Warriors for non payment or not being the true registered owners.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2015, 03:59:37 AM »
They don't have the money - this isn't new news in that respect. Better than them going bankrupt though - poor guy though.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2015, 05:51:04 AM »
This is crazy. I can  see TTFA being liable from the time Tim Kee started.  If you did business with  Tim Kee , I  can't see  how he can deny it. But transactions with TTFF, with Camps and the Special Advisor should be directed to those two.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2015, 11:06:19 PM »
Maybe it should be directed to the current President who was a Vice President and served previously as Chairman of the Finance Committee.

The current President who lauded praises on JW while he served with him on ExCo and remembers he didn't do anything when $ was being used to fund an election campaign.

The same President who has decided to follow JW's example and use football to further political ambitions.

If he started off with a noble cause fine but that time has passed and he has made a hell of a lot of enemies inclusive of players fed up of instability and self serving administrators.

This is crazy. I can  see TTFA being liable from the time Tim Kee started.  If you did business with  Tim Kee , I  can't see  how he can deny it. But transactions with TTFF, with Camps and the Special Advisor should be directed to those two.

1]; } ?>