April 26, 2024, 03:30:02 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)  (Read 45561 times)

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (18-Nov-2014)
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2014, 10:14:29 PM »
I seem to remember Latapy and Yorke getting cuss playing for we too. People saying they doh show up and does only play for they clubs, etc. So I eh sure the comparisons to current players are so invalid after all.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2014, 10:15:11 PM »
So where do our MNT go from here???

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2014, 10:15:19 PM »
Are you guys listening to the comments by our opponents?

At this point it does not matter. another final, another loss

The comments don't change the outcome? Agreed. However, they are emblematic of a continuing dynamic in contests between both nations. On the evidence of that, I would have preferred to have seen evidence of our understanding of that "undercurrent".

When you have a JA captain politicizing a clean victory, it's evidence that we continue to not get the Jamaican psyche in competition.
so true. i say no class on his part and look how he barely wanted to shake timkee's hand. i for one don't trust jamaicans and never will. they hate us and we should never think other wise. of course there are those who don't feel like that but they are very few but they hate trinidadians for the most part.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2014, 10:16:33 PM »

My last comment in this thread.

Disappointed in our so called star players the most. Jones, Molino, Hyland. We create individual threads on the forum rating up these players but unless they can show why they are cut above the rest in these important games we need to stop with this false sense of believing they can walk in the shoes of Latapy and Yorke in the near future.

This is nonsense with respect to Molino, and perhaps harsh on Hyland. Jones is reasonably open to critique, but once he's on the field ... it's a systemic issue of how to play ... even granted that he has a style of playing that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Also, constantly using Latas and Yorke as benchmarks is doomed for failure.

EDIT: In any event, it's important for us to celebrate our own ... no problem with a thread with individual focus on any of them.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:21:31 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2014, 10:16:46 PM »
So where do our MNT go from here??? Will some of these players call it quits?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 18, 2014, 10:19:58 PM »

My last comment in this thread.

Disappointed in our so called star players the most. Jones, Molino, Hyland. We create individual threads on the forum rating up these players but unless they can show why they are cut above the rest in these important games we need to stop with this false sense of believing they can walk in the shoes of Latapy and Yorke in the near future.

The problem is that even when Latapy and Yorke were at best, Jamaica was always a tough game, especially in Jamaica.

I really think many of our players DO NOT have a proper understanding of the Jamaican mentality.

Although, the Jamaican team tonight was technically superior to the T&T team (the warriors were lucky not to lose by two or three goals), it would have been a tough game nevertheless even if we had the better team on paper.

Jamaica's midfield and defence made us resort to kick and hope football, and many of our players were very lethargic in possession and pressured into giving the ball away.

Our national pride needs to come back

We understand the JA mentality quite alright. And we did beat 2 games last year. But that is beside the point. Our team had nothing to show. Midfield. Zilch. I am not a big KJ fan, but he got next to nothing to make a decent attempt at goal. Right now this is not even Gold Cup material team. We better get some decent midfielders very fast. Very disappointed. Definitely not Copa material either.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 18, 2014, 10:20:03 PM »
to the gold cup obviously. im not unhappy we lost as much as im unhappy that we were out played in the final attacking third by a mediocre team, not one shot at the keeper which is beyond embarrassing.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 18, 2014, 10:22:49 PM »
to the gold cup obviously. im not unhappy we lost as much as im unhappy that we were out played in the final attacking third by a mediocre team, not one shot at the keeper which is beyond embarrassing.
Yes I know we're going to the GC but I'm looking at the bigger picture in terms of if the players will be willing to com back and play under the current TTFA administration.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 18, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »
I thought Cyrus and Aubrey were fantastic tonight. Joevin Jones was brilliant too.

The entire backline were brave and gave 100% ... Molino tried and tried but cannot fault his effort and Hector and Boucaud just could not get going.

Peltier , Jones and Hyland were very very poor. Especially Kenwyne. In a game which was always going to be a physical war he did not play his part. He did not sacrifice. He needed to be up on their 2 CB's and keep them fully occupied all night to allow Molino space to do damage in. He ended up dragging Molino into a physical game vs their defenders.

Lastly, the pitch was the worst I have seen in a long time. All tournament it has restricted us from attempting to play and it completely played into Jamaica's hands tonight and tiny tiny details can sometimes alter outcomes. Jamaica are into the Copa and have won a trophy because of it.

I cannot understand why the TTFA hierarchy did not fight tooth and nail to bring that tournament in T&T where we have multiple stadia , compared to the 2 in JAM and only 1 was used for 2 groups !
We could have played at the recently new Manny or the upgraded HCS surface and also have home advantage. We would have gotten crowds in the group stage and most definitely the final... Income generated from gate receipts and other revenue streams such as merchandise etc. You could raise money, raise interest and win your first trophy in 13 years and put us into a prestigious tournament in 2016 but no, allow Burrel to work Webb and land the most important Caribbean Cup when they finished last in their group in 2012 and we finished as finalists. Could have easily sold Webb etc on the upward curve of the national team and give us the tournament to go that one step further and win the thing.

Tiny details..we keep missing boats.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 18, 2014, 10:33:11 PM »
We understand the JA mentality quite alright. And we did beat 2 games last year. But that is beside the point. Our team had nothing to show. Midfield. Zilch. I am not a big KJ fan, but he got next to nothing to make a decent attempt at goal. Right now this is not even Gold Cup material team. We better get some decent midfielders very fast. Very disappointed. Definitely not Copa material either.

Easy to place the microscope on the MF ... However, when we get into good attacking positions and add support from the MF high up the pitch, if we don't get available shots off ... or if we don't seek to impose and penetrate, and we lose the ball through a lack of responsibility or overpassing on innocuous short passes that don't advance our cause ... then when the opponent wins possession, they are running into vacant space (at times 30 to 40 yards of it on a counter attack).

Our response to the counterattack often comes down to poor individual decision-making ... both at the point of loss of possession and  at the point of "confrontation" regarding the counter.

I don't think this game is reflective of the best we could generate, but even so look how far it took us.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:06:44 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #310 on: November 18, 2014, 10:35:56 PM »

Hart to maintain building or developing plans towards the GC and into the WC qualifiers then subject to removal in the final stages if we get to the Hex or there after.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:40:21 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 18, 2014, 10:36:07 PM »
Well because of the DVR feature, ah late. My thoughts!

I think that the name Jamaica, is synonymous with Heart & strength! They showed tonight, from their coach (who embodies the JA spirit well) all the way to the players, why if your're coming to beat them - you have to come and beat them! I think that Coach Hart started off with a safety first attitude, which I believe emboldened the JA team.

Technically superior, I dont agree - we actually didnt see the TnT team play tonight. They kinda just hung around. Timid in their approach, they could only show glimpses of actual football and part of the problem is the lack of momentum, deriving from open play. Our get it to the big man mentality, especially after some of the good football we've played in this tournament, was appalling.

It must have seemed strange, in my team line-up, when I didnt start KJ, but instead sought to Boss the midfield. We didnt only lose the battle in the midfield, but the ability to battle was taken away with the type of football we think we're forced to play, to support our captain's style.  We are losing out.

We are actually as technically gifted and speedy if not speedier getting down dem flanks and we have the inner mids to receive and feed the tru pass in tru the middle as opposed to the long time hook in and hope stuff that was on display!

With the type of team Jamrock is, I would have went with a packed midfield, with speedy flanks to keep all that "Heart and Soul" in check. Cya do nothing if yuh dont have the ball.

Lastly, to coach Hart, I think you can learn a thing or two from your counterpart tonight. He was full of vigor and it transfers. I know, thats really shitty for quieter people and its not fair that one should have to flail and flare up to instill confidence into your players, and I eh know you from Adam to know what kinda person you are, but I can sure tell you what kinda person your counterpart is.

The fact of the matter is that when your gonna go up against Jamaica, you better make dam sure that your gonna outclass them because your not gonna out-heart them or out run them and their prowess will always keep them as the threat favorite in a face off! Come on guys, we've been doing this for some time now!

Jamaica, should be TnT's first, next friendly, when preparing for the Gold Cup Next year. Down in Jamaica! Hopefully by then, coach Hart will figure out how to walk his team into the office and come out with a win!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 18, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »
Well boyz I was looking at the quality of the pitch too. We had a plan tonite it was not to be. Plan was, hold them score late. KJ had a really tough game, there was always two or three yellow shirts on him making it hard to hold the ball up in attacking third. JA plan worked but it was risky too. JA had the most possession with home advantage so the team was forced to play the long forward balls searching for a nice drop. JA did well to stop the flow going forward. Hart uses KJ like US uses Joze, hold the ball, touch and go but that wasn't going to work on this surface.

Something I've noticed. The team always needs a captain but our captain isn't consistent, Hart is forced to stick with Jones even when he is not having the best games. Lets face it here KJ on his off days have not so good positioning, when he is been marked hard the frustration in him shows. I suggest maybe Cyrus or Jan for captain so KJ can be subbed on his off days. Hyland was poor today and it showed with his first yellow, he did have some words with the referee and since then it was hard to win his favor on 50/50 plays.

JA was quicker to win second balls in the middle, they tracked down players, we more crisp in passing, their movement was good, the switched play well and marked out our star players, all the credit in the world to them. All this talk about Latas and Yorke with comparison, they had shares of harsh lessons, tough defeats and glorious victories, each generation have to adjust to the game in that era.
Anyway the load was heavy for KJ and when captaincy becomes a burden rather than an inspiration everyone around you make mistakes.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 18, 2014, 10:39:55 PM »
that field was atrocious can't believe they held a whole tournament on this cow pasture with a big sink in the middle. how awful.

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2014, 10:48:41 PM »
I've read through some of the comments here, and though I agree with many of the points made, I have to disagree on the point that we need better midfielders.  That fact is, we don't need any more midfielders, because a lack of mid-field wasn't our problem.  Our main problem for a long time now has been strategic when it comes to the offensive third of the field. 

We don't consistently employ dummy plays...mis-direction runs...diagonal passes into the box...passes into the space, not to the man...or any number of other defense-confusing-strategic runs or passes into the opposition's defensive 3rd. 

We have players with real good skills, but for the most part we lack a football IQ.  We constantly play a school-boy Intercol style of play, where fellas expect the ball to be passed right to their feet, instead of making dummy runs, and cutting-back sharply within the offensive 3rd to collect the ball. 

Honestly, I would rather have a team with 1/10th the skill of T&T, but with the football IQ of geniuses.  Right now, we're just high on skill, but low on football IQ.

Ah gone!   :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:51:03 PM by OutsideMan »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: November 18, 2014, 10:50:07 PM »
Love our coach though. Under his guidance tnt always have a plan. If Guerra had buried that or Molino we would be singing a different tune, we had our chances, it just wasn't our night. i am sure the coach will sort things out for the Gold Cup and it will be fun to watch tnt face some of the big gunz in the region.

Look on the bright side, it's not like before where we losing to Guyana at home, be careful who's head you call for when you don't know what head you going to replace it with.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 18, 2014, 10:57:12 PM »
Love our coach though. Under his guidance tnt always have a plan. If Guerra had buried that or Molino we would be singing a different tune, we had our chances, it just wasn't our night. i am sure the coach will sort things out for the Gold Cup and it will be fun to watch tnt face some of the big gunz in the region.

Look on the bright side, it's not like before where we losing to Guyana at home, be careful who's head you call for when you don't know what head you going to replace it with.
bro i don't think we will have the same coach come next week. on another note, i would rather lose to haiti or antigua these people have class.. i can't stand losing to these people. hawk too
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:46:56 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 18, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »
I did not understand KJ's choice of strategy on the penalty. The execution was bad in itself. Dat ball needed to be a little higher. The ball play the GK boots is not like he make some big save. He must be thanking KJ all now. I have issues with that on a first penalty. If you taking #3 and #4 and yuh know de GK playing post all the time and throwing heself left and right, I could see the rational.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 19, 2014, 12:08:16 AM »

Gold Cup preparation! Winning the Caribbean Cup is not that important outside of bragging rights.

On a related note Kenwyne Jones and Moliino both underperformed tonight and Kenwyne missing the 1st penalty in the way that he did as captain set the tone for us losing the penalty shootout.

No decent shots on goal all night in 120 minutes was also embarrassing and too many long balls to Jones who was well marked all of the time by at least two Jamaicans.
We threw away the ball too many times especially with throw-ins or goal kicks when some ball possession could have served us well as we looked patiently for more goal scoring opportunities with chances to shoot on goal.

I believe that the wage dispute ultimately affected the performance of the team as we played much better in the previous round held in T&T.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:40:19 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #319 on: November 19, 2014, 02:48:26 AM »
Runners up for a second straight time
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior footballers succumbed to Jamaica  on penalty kicks but a second place finish at the Caribbean Cup Finals is still a proud achievement and leaves a lot to anticipate going forward.

That was the feeling of head coach Stephen Hart at the end of the match in which a Khaleem Hyland missed penalty gave Jamaica the 2014 title after both teams battled to a scoreless draw before a partisan Jamaican crowd at the Montego Bay Sports Complex. This was the second straight runner up finish for T&T after losing 1-0 to Cuba in the 2012 final.

There was disappointment all around in the T&T dressing room and at the team hotel afterwards but Hart told his players that they must take the experience with them and use it to their benefit going forward.

“It was not the result any of us wanted but as a team and as the head coach of the team I thought the overall match was a good measuring stick for us and a good one for us as it relates to our preparations for playing World Cup qualifying matches away from home in a few months,” Hart told TTFA Media.

“I was proud of the way the players handled the conditions throughout the competition and especially tonight. Some people may argue that it wasn’t our best performance and fair enough. Maybe the fans back home deserved to see a better game but this was a final against the hosts and Jamaica being a team with an impressive home record, it was never going to be an easy contest. And the game showed us that.

There were some good moments for us and particularly near the end when we could have stolen it with a late winner. This is exactly what we are going to face when we are on the road for our World Cup qualifiers,” Hart added.

As he looked back at the game, he stressed the need for more international games for the country.

“We just didn’t get our rhythm going and most of the times we lacked that final telling ball that could have created more scoring chances for us. I’m not making any excuses but the schedule of four games in eight days didn’t help us and yes Jamaica showed more energy than us at times but they were at home and several of their players are playing ninety minutes of top flight football every week, Some of our players are not getting that at the moment and it’s something we will look at and work on.

“And of course we have to get a regular schedule of training camps and warm up matches if we are to find ourselves in a position where we can safely maintain a high level or consistent level of play for long periods,” Hart said.

Kevin Molino had T&T’s best opportunity in the 23rd minute but his right footer missed the upright after Kenwyne Jones laid it up for him from an incoming cross.

Jamaica kept pressing for the go ahead goal but T&T kept it solid at the back to deny the hosts. Leyton Orient midfielder Jobi McAnuff had some good looks at goal but his finishing was a let down.

T&T appeared jaded as the second half progressed and Jamaica also took their game down to walking pace at times but the hosts were determined not to let down their fans while T&T searched for something inspiring on the pitch. It almost came in the dying stages of regulation time when Guerra connected with a loose ball but his shot went inches wide to the dismay of the T&T players both on the field and on the bench.

Jones muffed the opening penalty and when Jan Michael Williams stopped one to bring T&T back in it after Molino, Guerra and Joevin Jones clinically converted their kicks, the Racing Genk then skied his attempt over bar to give Jamaica the Cup.

T&T are through to the CONCACAF Gold Cup 2015 but while Jamaica are through to the Gold Cup as well as the 2015 Copa America (by invitation) and the 2016 Centennial Copa America. T&T can still qualify for the 2015 Copa America but will have to do so by finishing as one of  the two play-off winners from among the four highest finishers in the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup not already qualified, or finish winners of the 2015 Gold Cup.

“We’ve made progress. I’m proud of my team. We’ve got work to do but we’re in the Gold Cup so all is not lost. We have some internal problems to be fixed and we’ve got programs to plan and implement. We’ll be fine because we’ve got a capable, committed squad and we also have some players to add who were not in this tournament,” Hart ended.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 2.Justin Hoyte, 26.Aubrey David, 6.Daneil Cyrus, 3.Joevin Jones (Yellow 42); 14.Andre Boucaud (Yellow 50) (5.Kevan George 105th), 8.Khaleem Hyland (Yellow 48); 23.Lester Peltier (13.Cordell Cato 67th), 10.Kevin Molino, 7.Hughtun Hector (11.Ataullah Guerra 82nd); 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt).

Unused substitutes: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK), 24.Adrian Foncette (GK), 12.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 15.Jamal Gay, 16.Shahdon Winchester, 17.Leston Paul, 18.Yohance Marshall, 19.Carlyle Mitchell, 27.Jonathan Glenn.

Coach: Stephen Hart.

Jamaica: 1.Andre Bake; 7.Hughan Gay, 5.Alvas Powell, 6.Jermaine Taylor, 20.Kemar Lawrence; 15.Je-Vaughn Watson, 17.Rodolph Austin (Yellow 30) (capt); 11.Dane Richards (16.Joel Grant 56th), 10.Jobi McAnuff; 18.Simon Dawkins (12.Demar Phillips 71st), 21.Darren Mattocks (9.Michael Seaton 91st).

Unused substitutes: 13.Ryan Thompson (GK), 2.Nyron Nosworthy, 3.Craig Foster, 4.Upston Edwards, 8.Nicholay Finlayson.

Coach: Winfried Schäfer.

PENALTIES

1-0 Jermaine Taylor (Jamaica), Good
1-0 Kenwyne Jones (Trinidad & Tobago), Saved
2-0 Jobi McAnuff (Jamaica), Good
2-1 Attaullah Guerra (Trinidad & Tobago), Good
3-1 Demar Phillips (Jamaica), Good
3-2 Kevin Molino (Trinidad & Tobago), Good
3-2 Michael Seaton (Jamaica), Saved
3-3 Joevin Jones (Trinidad & Tobago), Good
4-3 Rodolph Austin (Jamaica), Good
4-3 Khaleem Hyland (Trinidad & Tobago), Saved

Jamaica claims Caribbean Cup crown on PKs.
CONCACAF.COM

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica – Jamaica captured the Caribbean Cup title for a sixth time, outlasting Trinidad & Tobago 4-3 on penalty kicks after the final ended in a scoreless draw on Tuesday at the Montego Bay Sports Complex.

Khaleem Hyland missed on the Soca Warriors’ last attempt after Rodolph Austin applied the pressure by converting on the host’s fifth try.

Both sides had already sealed berths in next year’s CONCACAF Gold Cup, but the Jamaicans earned an added bonus of direct qualification to the 2016 Centennial Cup America.

The tightly-contested encounter between a pair of evenly-matched teams produced precious few scoring chances before the hour mark.

Jamaica’s Jobi McAnuff had the best in the 19th minute.  The Leyton Orient standout missed the right post by the slightest of margins after swopping in to follow-up on an effort by Dane Richards that goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams did well to save.

In a 56th minute bid to loosen up the middle, team captain Austin cranked an attempt from 35-yards out that perhaps came closer than even he initially anticipated.

Reggae Boyz forward Darren Mattocks, who scored in each of the first three games, was frustrated with himself for not making better contact on an 81st minute header.

The Trinidadians found a new gear with minutes left in the second half as Daneil Cyrus headed over the crossbar off a corner kick, while second-half substitute Attaullah Guerra’s low drive from 25-yards out skipped just beyond the right post.

McAnuff nearly netted in the 93rd minute, but didn’t realize he had more time to shoot and hurriedly fired over the crossbar from just inside the box.

Jamaica and Trinidad, which has won a record eight Caribbean championships, completed the competition with the same unbeaten records at 2-2-0.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:17:24 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2014, 02:59:49 AM »
Quality play needed from Soca Warriors.
By Alvin Corneal (Guardian).

The feeling of playing in a final sporting event could hardly ever be described in just a few words, regardless of what sport it is and where it is played.

The grandiose plans to play in tonight’s final against the host Jamaica, should have started just before going to bed last night for the players. The claim of nervousness which so many players tend to feel is literally par for the course by all athletes on the day of a final.

A good night’s rest is even more satisfying if the players are well versed as to the duties to be fulfilled on the field. Follow-up with a hearty breakfast and a morning walk but factors should lead towards the preparation of mental commitment to the event ahead.

I have great belief in players ensuring that the type of studs on the boot are adequate to play in any type of weather.

Having witnessed matches played by both finalists, the picture as to how the game will go, is dependent upon an honest analyst of each player, each game,  and most importantly, strategy to combat the strengths of the opponent.

The Soca Warriors may not have provided the solid organizational formula, but this is sometimes clouded by the brilliance of certain members of this talented team.

Because they have conceded four goals in three matches should indicate that the high priority should be the defensive ploy.

At no time in this tournament did we have a well-coordinated back four line, hence the reason for the soft goals being scored. This is why I believe that the main player in that line should be Daneil Cyrus, for his ability to win the ball in the air or on the ground. He also possesses the speed necessary to reduce the effectiveness of Dane Richards, a feature which the Jamaicans have been banking heavily upon in the previous matches.

The need for solid and aggressive wing defence should make Aubrey David and Joevin Jones committed to these positions, with the emphasis upon defence, rather than making those attacking runs as their preferences.

Khaleem Hyland is the challenging defender located in front of the two central defenders, primarily as a ball winner and a multi task function of moving into attack when the occasion arises.

I would rather see Carlyle Mitchell alongside Cyrus in order to make our defence the most formidable.

We possess in midfield the stability of players whose ability to be part of the cohesive midfield possession game, where control of the game will be achieved.

I expect that Kevin Molino, Lester Peltier, Ataullah Guerra and Hughtun Hector have shown that they are quite capable of forming the “engine” room.

Our skipper Kenwyne Jones has done well enough to be a factor in front, especially when the byline ball will be the catalyst to producing our goals.

Jamaica looked good for 30 minutes of the game against Haiti and rewarded themselves with two goals.

But I see great vulnerability in their defence line, which one expects that the speed and skill of both Peltier and Molino will capitalize.

This game can provide the proof of the outstanding ability of Guerra whose all-round mastery of skill, speed and creativity can be the vehicle of success for the Warriors.

Finally, our main intention of our defenders must be to avoid giving away freekicks in and around the penalty area, neither must they fail to challenge positively for aerial crosses.

Respect for the Jamaicans could be shown, but confidence in ourselves should be reflected in our play.

The Jamaicans may be remembering the final 40 minutes of their encounter against Haiti where they defended for dare life and could easily have succumbed to the Haitian pressure.

The Warriors must remind them of that discomfort as early as the first ten minutes with the expectancy of getting an early goal.

We must fight to retain our dominance in Caribbean football.

Incidentally, for the records, let it be known that T&T won the CFU tournament in the year 1981 when the finals were played in Puerto Rico and the finalists were St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Guadeloupe, T&T and the host country.

T&T lost their away game to Jamaica 2-0 and returned home to beat the reggae boyz 4-0. They went on to defeat Barbados at home and abroad, draw with Suriname in Paramaribo and beat them at Skinner Park 4-2 to reach the finals in Puerto Rico.

It is yours for the taking, Warriors, and you can make us all proud.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 19, 2014, 04:37:54 AM »
We took the Jamaicans to pk's in a final at the office...that in itself is an accomplishment. Any team that goes there face an uphill task...jamaica stuck to their plan....close down Peltier,  Molino and Jones. ..they did...technically they were better. Sad to lose, yes! But forever positive....we qualify for the Gold cup...made it to the finals...and held our own...well done warriors!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 19, 2014, 06:01:14 AM »
We took the Jamaicans to pk's in a final at the office...that in itself is an accomplishment. Any team that goes there face an uphill task...jamaica stuck to their plan....close down Peltier,  Molino and Jones. ..they did...technically they were better. Sad to lose, yes! But forever positive....we qualify for the Gold cup...made it to the finals...and held our own...well done warriors!

Wasn't at de Office. Was in Montego Bay.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 19, 2014, 06:54:57 AM »
So allyuh sure Hart will be the coach for the near future?

Offline CaribKaraoke

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2014, 07:08:27 AM »
I only watched bits and pieces, so from what I saw, the better team won.    Trinidad either was parking the bus or just waiting for a counterattack...at other points both teams and no confidence with the ball.  The announcers said the 'pressure may be getting to them' since many passes went astray and players seemed confused on the ball....if the pressure of a Caribbean Cup Final in Jamaica is getting to Jamaica...or Trinidad...then world cup hopes are dim for each side.  Pressure cannot be a factor in these games.  No concacaf games should have pressure in them.  Both teams have made it to the world cup.  There should be no pressure here except for the first few minutes of nerves.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #325 on: November 19, 2014, 07:19:14 AM »
The announcers said the 'pressure may be getting to them' since many passes went astray and players seemed confused on the ball....if the pressure of a Caribbean Cup Final in Jamaica is getting to Jamaica...or Trinidad...then world cup hopes are dim for each side. 
I think both teams was exhausted, personally. Them mistakes and bad balls near the end was tiredness not 'too much pressure.' Is plenty football everybody play in too short a span of time.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 19, 2014, 07:43:11 AM »
hope hart/ttfa tries to get nick de leon and others in the mix going foward
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline CaribKaraoke

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 19, 2014, 09:05:52 AM »
The announcers said the 'pressure may be getting to them' since many passes went astray and players seemed confused on the ball....if the pressure of a Caribbean Cup Final in Jamaica is getting to Jamaica...or Trinidad...then world cup hopes are dim for each side. 
I think both teams was exhausted, personally. Them mistakes and bad balls near the end was tiredness not 'too much pressure.' Is plenty football everybody play in too short a span of time.

I hope so, was the ball control better at the beginning of the game?  I only watched bits and pieces...and from what I saw, there was no ball control by Trinidad and some control by Jamaica.  The defenders would pass it around a bit, but once it got close to midfield, Trinidad...BOOM KICK....and hope to keep position. 

Trinidad got the skill, but didn't look like they had the patience to build an attack.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 19, 2014, 09:42:09 AM »
JONES SHOULD HAVE BEEN SUBSTITUTED DURING THE FIRST HALF

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 19, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »
The time is now to decide if it is ripe to part ways with K J.If we cannot be consistent with crosses to find him in the box,he in my view becomes a liability
I expected to see Gurera before Peltiear because he Gurera is very composed and not easiely rattled
I saw alot to like of my Warriors and also some which indicate major improvements ard required.
We achieved the most important goal,which is a good start but much more could have been accomplished
Thank you,just keep making improvement and the rewards will follow.

1]; } ?>