March 29, 2024, 03:44:45 AM

Author Topic: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread  (Read 74005 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Ato Boldon !!!!!! aka De Golden Boldon Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2016, 03:46:19 PM »
Ato wha yuh say beds? I am in total agreement. Do you plan to be there?

"T&T Carifta team manager Dexter Voisin wants T&T track and field legend Ato Boldon to help prepare the junior athletes for the 45th Carifta Games, which takes place from March 26-28 in Grenada"

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2016-03-18/carifta-manager-wants-ato-inspire-team

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »
Good Luck! And God Bless!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »
Heard the event was a success!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2016, 06:49:26 PM »

T&T Olympian Ato Boldon Named Sports Illustrated’s Best Television Analyst of 2016

FLORIDA, United States, Wednesday December 28, 2016 — The successes of retired Trinidad and Tobago track star Ato Boldon have continued off the track.

Boldon, a four-time Olympic medallist and T&T’s most decorated track athlete of all time, has been named as one of the best television analysts of the year by Sports Illustrated.

The 42-year-old former sprinter, who celebrates his birthday on Friday, and NBC’s Roddy Gaines were named joint best television analysts of the year by Sports Illustrated when it announced its best and worst media awards for 2016.

Read more: http://www.caribbean360.com/news/tt-olympian-ato-bolden-named-sports-illustrateds-best-television-analyst-2016#ixzz4UBSBm7N7

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2016, 07:09:29 PM »
 :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2016, 07:19:41 AM »
While my position makes me biased either way, Ato is way better than Rowdy as an analyst. Even in the swimming community, among Americans, Rowdy has his detractors. I respect Rowdy's research and colour commentary, however, I believe Ato is able to display less bias in his words and emotions, and gives real insight even among the track afficianados where potential upsets are not as apparent, which is a sign of an analyst who is on top of his scouting.

Maybe my position as a swim coach makes Rowdy's scouting less impressive to me, but I follow a good deal of track and field too. For me Ato should have won this outright.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2017, 08:12:33 AM »
Ato Boldon - Speaks Athletic Development in T&T & Star Athlete Khalifa St. Fort

Ato Boldon - Speaks Athletic Development in T&T & Star Athlete Khalifa St. Fort
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bFrdVw1Au8U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bFrdVw1Au8U</a>
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:37:07 PM by Socapro »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2017, 01:06:58 PM »
Boldon’s 200 record intact
By Kwame Laurence (Express).

Ato Boldon’s national indoor men’s 200 metres record is still in the books. Boldon established the 20.35 seconds Trinidad and Tobago standard back in 1997 in Birmingham, England.

Jereem Richards bettered Boldon’s time on Saturday, stopping the clock at 20.34 to strike gold at the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Indoor Track and Field Championships in Tennessee, USA. However, the clocking was produced on the oversized Vanderbilt Multipurpose Facility track, and will therefore not be recognised as a T&T record. The Vanderbilt track is 300 metres, while a standard indoor track is 200 metres.

But though Richards is not the national record holder, and his official personal best is still 20.57 seconds, the 23-year-old University of Alabama student has the distinction of running the fastest-ever indoor 200 on an oversized track. He takes over from American Tyson Gay, whose 20.40 clocking in 2004 was the previous “oversized best”.

Boldon told the Express he expects Richards to eventually erase his T&T indoor 200m record from the books.

“I still think he’s the one to break it, and that he’ll get under 20 (seconds) outdoors. That’s the most depressing stat we have, that no one else is sub-20.”

Boldon also holds the T&T outdoor 200m record—a fast 19.77 seconds run in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1997. Rondel Sorrillo is second on the all-time T&T outdoor 200m list at 20.16.

Richards will be back in action at the March 10-11 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division 1 Indoor Championships, in Texas. With the meet being staged at the Gilliam Indoor Stadium, which features a 200-metre track, Richards will have the opportunity to break Boldon’s 20.35 seconds T&T indoor record.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 21, 2019, 05:51:53 PM »
Congrats Ato! Saw the news on Team T&T FB page https://tinyurl.com/y4vpekbs

Ato Boldon inducted into Institute for Caribbean Studies' Wall of Fame
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:42:00 PM by Sando prince »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 23, 2019, 12:43:27 AM »
Thanks. From June. The institute never contacted me.

Just did their press release.... ???
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 23, 2019, 02:25:26 AM »
Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

I do hope, the TF admin. contact you to iron out whatever differences there may be. I don't know. Is long overdue for our women TF get a medal. I do hope they contact you soon. 2020 is right around the corner.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2020, 09:02:32 AM »
Ato voices concern for athletes’ mental state
NARISSA FRASER (NEWSDAY).

FOUR-time T&T Olympic medallist Ato Boldon says while physical training will undoubtedly be affected for athletes who were preparing for the 2020 Olympic Games, he is also concerned about their mental wellness.

Boldon, who is also a sprint coach and NBC sports analyst, was speaking on sports broadcast producer Don Cardona’s Sports in the Making podcast on Thursday. Cardona has worked with companies such as ESPN and NBC Sports.

When discussing the postponement of the Olympics to 2021 because of the covid19 pandemic, Boldon said it was not just the “right” move but “the only move.

“When you see countries like Canada and Australia pull out and say, ‘You know what? No matter if they’re having the Olympics or not, we are not subjecting our athletes to what could be possibly waiting in Tokyo, Japan.’”

Asked how such a change will affect athletes, Boldon said while he had never experienced anything like this during his athletic career, he believes a mental adjustment would have to be made.

“All of them just kinda said, ‘Okay, the work that I would have done since the fall is all pretty much gonna go away’.

“Everybody was laser-focused on being ready for something…I think the limbo is the hardest thing for a lot of these athletes, because Olympic athletes only know one speed, and that is, crank it. And right now, they can’t really crank it, because they’re not trying to be in the best shape of their lives in September. So I think that’s gonna be the hardest part for all of them.”

Cardona likened the situation to a record becoming scratched and disrupting the steady flow of music it once created.

Asked how he would help athletes to get through the next year, Boldon said, “The part that I’m worried about is athletes who would have spent an entire year not being in peak physical condition.

“That, to me, is the bigger situation, where I’m looking at my athlete and saying, ‘Okay, so she didn’t have a complete 2019 (season), and she only had an indoor season in 2020, and then she’s gonna be asked to ramp it up for 2021’. That, to me, is the tougher part.

“A lot of coaches are thinking it but they aren’t saying it. That is the real challenge.”

The two also discussed Boldon’s life, hobbies and athletic career, among other things.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>