March 28, 2024, 01:06:18 PM

Author Topic: Hutchinson ‘thrilled’ with TTFA top goal award.  (Read 544 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Hutchinson ‘thrilled’ with TTFA top goal award.
« on: May 28, 2015, 02:07:18 AM »
Hutchinson ‘thrilled’ with TTFA top goal award.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T senior women’s defender Lauryn Hutchinson was over the top last week upon receiving the news that her goal against Costa Rica in last year’s CONCACAF Women’s World Cup qualifier had been voted the top female international goal of the year.

The US-based player was invited to the T&T Football Association (TTFA) awards ceremony at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo but being out of the country, she sent her aunt Patricia Sampson to collect on her behalf. Votes for her header against the Central Americans were compiled during an online voting poll among fans, coaches and the media conducted by the TTFA earlier this year.

“It was truly a great honour and maybe the biggest of my career. It was a big surprise also which I did not expect,” Hutchinson said.

“I’m still thrilled about it and it feels great to be recognised. Hopefully women’s football continues to grow and I hope to be part of it. I’m definitely looking forward to the Pan American Games and other campaigns coming up for the T&T women’s team.

“We are motivated as ever to push through the tough times and bring any kind of championship back home. We want to do anything we can to make you proud in the upcoming Pan American games. Let us keep setting the bar high for our young females that want to chase their wildest dreams,” Hutchinson said about her future hopes for the national women’s team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>