April 23, 2024, 05:56:25 PM

Author Topic: Hart wants to keep steady pace  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hart wants to keep steady pace
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:57:19 PM »
Hart wants to keep steady pace
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Holding Mexico to creditable draws and matching them is not quite enough for Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart. But that will not prevent him from staying positive even as he identified some areas of the national team’s state of play that needs improvement d leading into the 2018 World Cup qualification.

Hart will next work with the national team from around October 5th as the team prepares for another international friendly against Panama in Panama City. He will meantime will be following Tuesday night’s World Cup qualifier between Antigua/Barbuda and Guatemala with the winner of that tie set to be T&T’s first World Cup qualifying opponent on November 13th. T&T’s first home game is against United States on November 17th.

“I think overall I will like to see us look a bit cleaner when we do win the ball, in our possession and the speed at which we move the ball forward. I would like to see us push teams back some more especially with our wide players because we do have the capacity to do that,” Hart told TTFA Media with respect to some of the improvements he wants to see in his team’s play.

The 3-3 draw with Mexico in Salt Lake City was played 4,327 feet above sea level and had its benefits for T&T.

“I think there are a few things that were good for us in that game. We played at altitude which was good for us. We know we can play in a certain way if we are organized and disciplined but moving forward, players have to know that they have to be on top of their game physically to be playing with their clubs if they want to be part of the World Cup campaign,” Hart added.

Iceland-based forward Jonathan Glenn proved to be a good find, scoring on his starting debut and setting up the second goal. This followed a Gold Cup campaign in which he remained on the bench in all four matches. US-based midfielder Trevin Caesar and 19-year-old midfielder Neveal Hackshaw also came off the bench

“I was pleased with some of the newer players. I would have liked to have made some more substitutions but I’m not into rewarding players that don’t train at their best and the players have to fight their way to get into the squad

“I think there are a few adjustments that need to be made. But certainly I would like more or less the core group of players that should be going into the World Cup qualification. Some players have cemented their positions, others are fighting for their positions and that’s a healthy situation to be in,” Hart ended.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Hart wants to keep steady pace
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 03:10:36 PM »
“I was pleased with some of the newer players. I would have liked to have made some more substitutions but I’m not into rewarding players that don’t train at their best and the players have to fight their way to get into the squad

If I was an unused sub I would be doing some serious reflection on those words

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 03:37:25 PM »

Dahis de thesis and gospel of the article right there. I reviewed the bench immediately.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »

Agreed !!!!! and well said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 09:36:14 PM »
Unused subs were Marvin Phillips, Marcus Joseph and Rundell Winchester

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 06:44:23 AM »
I think the coach is laying down some rules now, in an indirect manner when he is equating effort in practice and playing time. He is letting everybody know that they are not a sure pick. I think that is a correct approach. but when playing a top team like Mex, friendly or not, you should make your substitutions wisely. In the GC 4-4 tie, I was thinking that the coach should put on Glenn or even started him. We were already in the next round. But like the coach said that the tempo of the game was such that he did not want to interrupt the flow of the players on the field. And we pulled off a dramatic tie. So that tells you how much of a genius that I am.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 05:27:26 AM by Deeks »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 07:22:15 AM »
Hart is ah boss, plain and simple.

Once players want to play for you and they develop a bond with each other.

It will be hard for anyone to beat you.

Just 3 years ago Shabazz had almost this same team playing some shit brand, look at them now.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 02:21:27 AM »
Hart tells players to stay ready for int’l football.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

National head coach Stephen Hart is urging the national team players that are based at home, playing in the T&T Pro League to step up their game if they intend to be part of his squad for the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign.

Hart was speaking as the final fixtures for the Concacaf Semi-final round were confirmed following Tuesday’s round of matches. T&T will meet Guatemala in Guatemala City on November 13 before hosting the United States four days later in Port-of-Spain.

Hart included the likes of Neveal Hackshaw and Marcus Joseph among the new additions for the recent 3-3 draw with Mexico. Those players were not part of the Gold Cup squad while Keron Cummings and Willis Plaza have been holding their positions. Hart said the door has not been closed on any player.

“Those are going back to the Pro League have to set the standard. they are national team players and they must show that and be ready for international football at any time. And those that are going back to their clubs have to find their way on the first squad and get playing because being match fit is going to be essential in this campaign,” Hart said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>