March 28, 2024, 06:03:57 AM

Author Topic: Edgar Vidale on i995 now  (Read 5445 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Edgar Vidale on i995 now
« on: December 20, 2005, 10:39:58 AM »
He bad talking about leo saying he have us playing dutch footbal instead of our football.
he say he want a pure trinidadain team and he dont consider these player trinidadian the not full blooded.

but i wonder if he have family abroad

« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 10:42:18 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar Vidale on i995 now
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 10:44:44 AM »
What de f**k Vidale want Beenie to do.  When is the last time yuh see we national team play Kaisoca soccer.  Dem fellas need to hush they f**king mouth and learn from the man.  Before he look to talk bout how we could build from this achievement, he looking to knit pick.  Typical Trini coach.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 10:45:27 AM »
oh and he stated the ttff neva sent him an invitation to a game since 2001
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 10:51:40 AM »
lord, they gone off track now.  talking about the imps who fake his kidnapping.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 10:54:25 AM »
vidale say he prefers a local coach in germany

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 10:54:38 AM »
Dat had to be a forumite who call just now.

They say they oppose everything Vidale say about bigger countries using players from smaller countries.

Gave example of Holland.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 11:05:15 AM »
Umbala ask a man if he know what he talking about when say "Hand of God" (for football)

Man say, YES...that anything could  happen in football.

Thank you caller good bye    :rotfl:

Earlier he ask a man what is the second largest country in the world (size)...the man bawl Australia....and that Africa first   :rotfl:

He calling people out but I have meh doubts bout how much he himself know bout the football   :thinking:
Lucky he have Joel Villafana dey.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 11:07:19 AM »
yeah i notice he punks people off plenty. Vidale need to keep his mouth hush

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 11:08:11 AM »
Edgar Vidale, Alvin Corneal and Sedley Joseph are forever trying to sabotage T&T football.  Is dem who campaign to have Rene Simoes ousted from his position.  They fight tooth and nail against Porterfield appointment.  And de ting is....Alvin did sabotage he own brother in law...de same Edgar Vidale when Vidale was coach.

These guys are something else.  

I wonder if they truly believe if a local coach was in charge if we would have been in the world cup at this point?  They have all had their opportunities and what have they achieved?  Not a blasted thing.

The most ironic, hypocritical and sickening thing is that they so against players not born in T&T playing for the team in Germany primarily because they didn't have anything to do with getting us there.

YET

They want a local coach in Germany who would have done absolutlely NOTHING to get us to Germany in the first place.

These guys are a set of haters and as long as they continue to have influence in local football, our football will remain mired in mediocrity.  I only hope and pray Anton Corneal is not cut of the same cloth as his Father and Uncle.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 11:11:11 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 11:10:37 AM »
vidale is a jackass
if he were the coach we would have been mathematically eliminated by the4th game of the hex IF we got that far
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 11:16:56 AM »
Edgar Vidale, Alvin Corneal and Sedley Joseph are forever trying to sabotage T&T football.  Is dem who campaign to have Rene Simoes ousted from his position.  They fight tooth and nail against Porterfield appointment.  And de ting is....Alvin did sabotage he own brother in law...de same Edgar Vidale when Vidale was coach.

These guys are something else.  

I wonder if they truly believe if a local coach was in charge if we would have been in the world cup at this point?  They have all had their opportunities and what have they achieved?  Not a blasted thing.

The most ironic, hypocritical and sickening thing is that they so against players not born in T&T playing for the team in Germany primarily because they didn't have anything to do with getting us there.

YET

They want a local coach in Germany who would have done absolutlely NOTHING to get us to Germany in the first place.

These guys are a set of haters and as long as they continue to have influence in local football, our football will remain mired in mediocrity.  I only hope and pray Anton Corneal is not cut of the same cloth as his Father and Uncle.
I agree all the way palos but remember the lime doh fall far from the tree,all these ex football greats believe life began and has to end with them,which happens to be all about self interest and not about developing our football so it could be marketed world wide.   

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 11:20:40 AM »
Vidale ,cumming etc l stuck on one thing we should play our brand of football a football based on our culture.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 11:28:30 AM »
Leh we try tp play we men in the women WC and pelt plenty Wine & Jook every time we score nah... ;D...jus kicksin eh

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 11:54:24 AM »
He bad talking about leo saying he have us playing dutch footbal instead of our football.
he say he want a pure trinidadain team and he dont consider these player trinidadian the not full blooded.

So he ent want men who ent born and play here? Is dat what he saying???

But he want a local coach to lead d team in Germany when is a foreigner take we dey? How men like to ride people back so?

Some men does need a lil clout now and again to remind dem where dey stand...is good he ent get invite to dem match, he ent making money to buy ticket?

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 12:23:39 PM »
And some ah allyuh want jack to step dong and fellaz like these to take his place >>>> :rotfl:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 12:24:42 PM »
Most Trinidad coaches is rank shithound. We won't get anywhere if we don't accept that. We need better coaches FULL STOP. Men like Vidale and Gally  are some of the most senior coaches in this country and dem an all is still shithound. What have they done in local or international football. What is their record  ? Does Vidale even have job right now ? Steups.

These fellas just don't want any foreigners in charge of the team,  irrespective of capability.

I didn't hear the interview but if this man was talking we playing a dutch brand what does that even mean. Does it mean that we are not playing a Trini brand ? Furthermore, if this is the case, let Vidal tell the SW faithful just what the Trini brand is. How different is the way we played this campaign to other times. Same short pass, same beat, better organised defense, more fight in the midfield. All this with a "lesser" squad as compared to years gone by.  Steups. If that brand is Dutch, I don't want any Vidale version of a Trini one.

truetrini

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 12:42:08 PM »

yuh too sensitive..is all allyuh canadian dat sensitive.

de man was not referring to you.
steups

And some ah allyuh want jack to step dong and fellaz like these to take his place >>>> :rotfl:
fella yuh forgetting de biggest thing...is jack wey have dem right wey dey is..so what now?

steups
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 12:47:26 PM by Tallman »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 10:52:40 PM »
Gally and Vidale cannot be compared together. Gally took agroup of amateurs within a point of qualifying for a WC. It is the international experience that the present team has both at coach and player slevel is that have us in germany today.

Vidale is a dunce and an idiot. He like a bad cold that would not leave.As for Umbala like all jokers who have a microphone believe that they are journalists. The situation is worst where sports is concerned all and sundry feel that they can comment about sports.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 11:38:59 PM »
 He kinda have a point...Taking too much foreign born players will ruin our football in the future ...We have to improve the local game on all levels and no be so short-sighted

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 12:21:05 AM »
f**k VIDALE..... f**k SEDLEY....... f**k CORNEAL SNR.....young corneal gettin a chance so hopefuly he eh f**k up

All ah dem other men selfish and they want to sabotage local football.....wat ever brand of football takin us places is what we shud use so vidale hull yuh modder c**t and stop hating.
And wat local coach he want.... beenie take we to d WC so he go see us true til he contract done.

i glad none of dese 3 assholes is coach nah nex ting yuh kno we wudda have f**king tommy joseph as we startin striker, brigo as d goal keeper, maning playin in defence an sprangalang playin creative midfielder.....shit man.......allyuh fellas do allyuh part in allyuh days give d ppl a chance to do dey ting now nah.......is everything they have a problem wit.......Corneal snr is d same one dat didnt want birchall on d team, he wanted nigel pierre.....nigel pierre have d world of skill but he doh have HALF  d heart birchall have or else he wouldnt ah be wasting he talent an now fighting up to get a call up jus cuz we make world cup.

Can Someone plz buy these 3 geezers a first class ticket to hell so dey go stop f**kin up d only thing that bringing the country together

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »
I have a couple questions to ask Mr. Vidale...the first being what has he as a coach accomplished on an international level. The second, how many players has he developed who have played or are playing in the EPL, MLS, Serie A, La Liga or even the Bundesliga.
It's so typical of these fellas to see fault in everyone but themselves. he is one of the many reasons why TnT football stagnant.

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 12:38:13 AM »
I have a couple questions to ask Mr. Vidale...the first being what has he as a coach accomplished on an international level. The second, how many players has he developed who have played or are playing in the EPL, MLS, Serie A, La Liga or even the Bundesliga.
It's so typical of these fellas to see fault in everyone but themselves. he is one of the many reasons why TnT football stagnant.

MEP....hear wat killin me wit dese fellas.....dey eh realise how this football bring the country together....they eh seein dat yet....this is one of our only ops to save an entire generation of youth......dese fellas to selfish daz wa i cah handle dey not seein d bigger picture

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005, 03:25:08 AM »
Jack Warner for Coach :rotfl:
He doing everything else?

ps ah jes jokin
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 07:18:12 AM »
Please dont compare Gally to Vidale. Chalk and cheese.

Anton going to Germany and if one reads Anton interview, one gets the impression that he is the coach.
Why is it that we keep interviewing has been who did not take us anywhere . Football dinasaurs with old ideas.

Even in the local leaque the two top clubs have foreign coaches. What does that say.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vidale to receive Chaconia Silver Medal on Monday
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2022, 06:00:22 PM »
Vidale to receive Chaconia Silver Medal on Monday
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Former national football coach and technical director Edgar Vidale will be awarded the Chaconia Silver medal on Monday by President Paula Mae Weekes, at 5 pm at President's House in St Ann's, Port-of-Spain.

He was nominated by the Veterans Football Foundation of T&T (VFFOTT). The award should have taken place in 2021 but the COVID-19 pandemic ruled it out.

The Chaconia Medal is given to people (citizens and non-citizens) who have performed long and meritorious service to the country tending to promote the national welfare or strengthen the community spirit.

Vidale, the brother-in-law of former national footballer and coach Alvin Corneal, has been a household name in T&T, as a former national footballer, coach, cricketer and football administrator.

The height of his career was coaching the now-familiar national football team of 1973 in the FIFA World Cup qualifier against Haiti in Port-au-Prince where the team scored five legitimate goals but they were disallowed. T&T lost 1-2 to the home team.

Vidale on Sunday still remembered that controversial match following which the officials, referee, José Roberto Henríquez of El Salvador and Canadian linesman James Higuet were subsequently both banned for life by the sport's world governing body, FIFA.

Now 88, Vidale said he felt very happy and honoured to be receiving such an award.

"I am not surprised that I am getting the award but the one I am getting is what I am surprised about. It is a pretty distinguished award. It shows that my colleagues and countrymen appreciate what I have done over the years," Vidale said.

Apart from coaching arguably one of the country's most talented football teams in a qualifying tournament, Vidale was also president of the Southern Football Association, vice president of the T&T Football Association's Technical Committee, several other titles.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2022, 06:49:47 AM »
Edgar was the coach of the TT 1974 CAC games football team that won the silver medal. They lost to Cuba on pks. Should have won gold to be honest. They beat Mexico 2-1 in the semis. Peter Mitchell scored the winner. That was the highlight of his football career. Unfortunately.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 06:52:00 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
National award recipient Vidale backs local football coaches
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2022, 08:38:23 PM »
National award recipient Vidale backs local football coaches
By Stephon Nicholas (T&T Newsday)

FORMER Trinidad and Tobago football coach and technical director Edgar Vidale believes local coaches need to be supported to allow this country's football to reflect the colour and creativity of its people.

Vidale, 88, was awarded the Chaconia Medal Silver on Monday for his contributions to sport and community service.

The Chaconia Medal is given to people (citizens and non-citizens) who have performed long and meritorious service to the country tending to promote the national welfare or strengthen the community spirit.

He was nominated by the Veterans Football Foundation of T&T (VFFOTT).

Vidale was also president of the Southern Football Association and vice-president of the T&T Football Association's technical committee.

Vidale told Newsday on Friday, "I feel very proud. It's a distinguished award. I also think it's a reward to me because of the fact that so many people believe I have helped them. It's a gift to want to serve people and they appreciate it as they do."

Asked what was the highlight of his football career, Vidale recalled T&T's agonising second-place finish in the 1973 Concacaf Championship. T&T amassed six points in the campaign while Haiti, boosted by the the infamous 2-1 victory over T&T in Port-au-Prince, finished with right points.

The controversial loss saw Haiti win the tournament and qualify for the World Cup in West Germany. Salvadoran referee Jose Roberto Henriquez was later banned for life by FIFA.

"The competition was part of my highlight in serving the country, even though everybody should know it was sort of a notorious competition," he recalled. " We scored five goals (against Haiti) – all legitimate. Unfortunately, we didn't have the technology as we do now or else the goals would have stood."

Vidale said he maintains the belief that a local coach should be in charge of T&T football.

"I am one of those who thinks we could produce our own coach in Trinidad. Our footballers, like any part of our culture – steelband, calypso – comes from our life. Football should have the same approach.

"The same way people recognise Brazil, Spain, England (brand of football)...People want to see (local football). I don't think a foreign coach could see that."

Vidale noted he was also a good cricketer as well.

"Most people don't know I played at a high level in cricket too. I captained the South team, at the time the most prestigious game was the North vs South."

Vidale, who was primarily a batsman, recalled playing against high-quality opposition such as former West Indies batsman Andy Gauteaume.

Browne hailed the impact of Vidale on national sports.

"It was my pleasure to VFOTT nominate him for the award for his long years of devoted and loyal service to T&T football. He was also a cricketer – an outstanding cricketer – of national repute. My own view is that it was long overdue. We at VFOTT had honoured him the year before along with other national contributors.

"On behalf of VFOTT, I express my sincere thanks to Her Excellency, the President of the Republic Paula-Mae Weekes and the Prime Minister for considering Mr Vidale for the Chaconia Silver award, which was well deserved."

Browne also congratulated Jerry Hospedales (Chaconia Medal Gold) and Lincoln "Tiger" Phillips (Humming Medal Silver) on their national awards.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2022, 01:40:44 PM »
Good call on Edgar Vidale. Almost stunning that at 88 ... without Selby weighing in he would have been on the margins. :applause:

1]; } ?>