April 23, 2024, 03:49:20 AM

Author Topic: Keron Cummings Thread.  (Read 40271 times)

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keron Cummings Thread.
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »
Cummings has resumed training https://www.facebook.com/345075305587502/videos/vb.345075305587502/1390711047690584/?type=2&theater

Thanks for the update. I could only imagine how enthusiastic he must feel to get back to prime form to have an opportunity to get ah call up for national duty.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2016, 12:23:53 PM »
Well done warrior.  Wow, didn't they say 10 months?  Steve Austin yes  :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2016, 12:45:34 PM »
Well done warrior.  Wow, didn't they say 10 months?  Steve Austin yes  :beermug:

:rotfl: yuh just date yuh self
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2016, 12:49:13 PM »
Welcomed news!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hopefully upon sound advice.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2016, 12:35:30 AM »
this is pressure.... the pool is getting bigger and bigger with talent.... We going to win the CFU cup or the Caribbean cup this yr

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2016, 05:39:15 AM »
Great news. Not everybody can come back so quickly.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »
Great news. Not everybody can come back so quickly.
Ah get lil worried deh,ah tort yuh was going to say,nobody can come so quickly.Anyway brilliant news for the Warriors. :D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2016, 02:31:10 AM »
Shot footballer Cummings eyes Guatemala return.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Shot National footballer Keron Cummings is back on the football field but not training as yet. Yesterday he continued his therapy, doing strength work with the use of the football with his team Japs North East Stars.

He said he wants to play with his club before the season ends on May 31 which will give him an opportunity to be spotted by national coach Stephen Hart once again. “My goal is to be back in the T&T team for the Guatemala return game in September, and to do that I must play with my club in the T&T Pro League soon” the midfielder explained.

He was shot in December last year while returning from a night-out with friends by a lone gunman in front his door. The bullet shattered his femur, leading to emergency surgery to save the leg. No one has yet been held for the shooting, but Cummings gets regular updates from investigating officers. 

‘Ballpest’, as he’s commonly known, has since been eager to get back on to the field. He began swimming a few months ago and doctors recently gave him the okay to begin strength work. He told the Guardian when he is done with strengthening his body, he will resume training.

“I cannot run fast or kick the ball as yet, but I want to get back on to the football field so badly. It is frustrating to see football being played and I cannot fit in on the action” Cummings said. Cumming was seen working out with his team, with an elastic band tied to his waist, as he tried to extend the band as far as possible. He was building strength in his legs and upper body while sharpening up on his ball control as well.

Today, he’s expected to begin additional strength work with national team trainer Tobias Ottley. The trainer described Cummings’ progress as refreshing, saying it was testament to the desire and will the player has to recover.

“I think both Cummings and national sailor Andrew Lewis are in the same category, which is above average recovery. It is not what the time line said for Cummings’ recovery but he has been doing well” Ottley explained.

He added “This may have stemmed from his therapy, where he spent almost every day in the sea and doing whatever necessary for him to recuperate.”  He pointed out they have been in constant contact with team doctor Terrance Babwah before they do anything.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2016, 09:56:50 AM »
not to discourage the youth, but he not making this team for a few years, he actually have to come back better than before.. a la 6 M $ man, as Barataria pointed out.. Don't rush it..2018 is 2 years away.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »
not to discourage the youth, but he not making this team for a few years, he actually have to come back better than before.. a la 6 M $ man, as Barataria pointed out.. Don't rush it..2018 is 2 years away.

He eh dat young. He go be 28 next month.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2016, 08:49:06 PM »

Keron is one of our best midfielders ... So I don't know what that 2 year comeback you referring to.. Hyland is the one that lucky to be on this team tbh
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:51:20 PM by Controversial »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2016, 12:05:48 AM »
What happen to the fella with $6 mill in his legs?  Was that Cummings? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2016, 12:23:07 AM »
It was Molino, and it was $1mm.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2016, 08:06:33 AM »

Keron is one of our best midfielders ... So I don't know what that 2 year comeback you referring to.. Hyland is the one that lucky to be on this team tbh
it seems like when you have an idea in your head its damn near to impossible to get it out, now what is your obsession with khaleem hyaland mate, and while we are at it did you see the last game we played and the monster game hyland had and the two valuable blatant goal assist?

Did you even know anything about football? You cry because guerra gets left out of the squad who has not scored a goal from open play since Jamaica in pos three years ago and has been poor ever since, but you are crying against Hylands inclusion who mind you, scored a crucial away goal in Guatemala.

Learn the game mate and stop fighting one of our most valuable players, just ask your good friend coach hart how very important hyland's input on the team is before you chat rubbish about the player.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:08:55 AM by pull stones »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2016, 08:43:32 AM »
Well pull stones, yuh hit the nail on the head. I watched the 2nd half and the highlights yet I cannot see where Hyland could be faulted at all. He had a blinding game, he was involved in everything in my opinion. As for Guerra (and Peltier), at this current rate they'll have to really step up their game i.e. score a lot of goals or be playing consistently well to get a look in on the team right now.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2016, 09:36:26 AM »
Keron is fighting an uphill battle to make a come back to the national team. The hill has gotten much steeper since the inclusion of Garcia and Bostock and others. Guatemala might be out of reach for Keron. But give him time and he should get to where he wants to be.. Dont think he will get the opportunity to get into the MLS again. Next year he will be 29, and we have yet to see how that serious injury will impact him as a player.

As for Hyland, he either has really good games or really bad games. Rarely anything in between. Last game with SVG was probably his best game since Guatemala. I think we will start seeing more good games from him as the competition for spots on the national team becomes stiffer. Lately, he's has been playing MUCH BETTER.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2016, 10:46:06 AM »
Cummings just barely gehhin in rehab mode with respect to touches on the ball. Ah wish the thrust of the comments were more supportive of his recovery to take the field and play de game he enjoys, than to be making predictions about where his career is going or not going. Not so long ago this baller was a baller that brought all ah allyuh much joy. Doh be executioners liming by de gallows.

Cummings, big up yuh chest. Set yuh targets, do yuh thing.  Ppl said Charlie Davies wouldn't make it back. He did.

Do yuh ting!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:49:33 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2016, 10:58:35 AM »

I agree with don't rush it. 2018 is two years away, but the reality is that the intervening period counts. According to how things go, the first quarter of 2017 might be more important than the immediacy of Guatemala. BUT, in football if a man takes yuh wuk, yuh basically want it back. Point blank.

In my view, he at least needs to return to his level of competence with the ball. After that, it's going to be whether his tactical disposition fits the bill for the cause of the day.

Unless yuh trying to motivate him with reverse psychology, hard to see how yuh could say "pardna, not to discourage yuh, eh" and then expect him to smile.

When you say he not making de team, yuh mean even the bench?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:19:36 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2016, 11:16:38 AM »
Sense sylum, good post  :beermug:

Honestly, not sure I agree that it is hard for KC to get back into the national team if his form that he had right before the injury quickly returns. But time will tell and once the hex start truth be told we need all these ballers in tip top form. So let's wish them all the best...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2016, 11:27:58 AM »
all I said was, he shouldn't rush back. he has time on his side. We don't need him right now. We will need him for the hex, IF at all...don't rush.. what negativity ppl reading ? If he ketch form, and everybody at present ketch form and current team gelling..that is a negative ? Good for everybody, and maybe he will get his payday...come on fellas, be real, Keep working hard Keron, but don't rush into any game. We need you full strength when selection time 2018.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »
all I said was, he shouldn't rush back. he has time on his side. We don't need him right now. We will need him for the hex, IF at all...don't rush.. what negativity ppl reading ? If he ketch form, and everybody at present ketch form and current team gelling..that is a negative ? Good for everybody, and maybe he will get his payday...come on fellas, be real, Keep working hard Keron, but don't rush into any game. We need you full strength when selection time 2018.

These comments are more in line with the view I thought you would hold, but they didn't exactly shine through in your initial post. :beermug: Clarification appreciated.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »

I agree with don't rush it. 2018 is two years away, but the reality is that the intervening period counts. According to how things go, the first quarter of 2017 might be more important than the immediacy of Guatemala. BUT, in football if a man takes yuh wuk, yuh basically want it back. Point blank.

In my view, he at least needs to return to his level of competence with the ball. After that, it's going to be whether his tactical disposition fits the bill for the cause of the day.

Unless yuh trying to motivate him with reverse psychology, hard to see how yuh could say "pardna, not to discourage yuh, eh" and then expect him to smile.

When you say he not making de team, yuh mean even the bench?

The most sensible post ive heard on this thread in response to max

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2016, 01:17:49 PM »

This is totally different than what you stated before

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2016, 01:27:36 PM »

it seems like when you have an idea in your head its damn near to impossible to get it out, now what is your obsession with khaleem hyaland mate, and while we are at it did you see the last game we played and the monster game hyland had and the two valuable blatant goal assist?

Did you even know anything about football? You cry because guerra gets left out of the squad who has not scored a goal from open play since Jamaica in pos three years ago and has been poor ever since, but you are crying against Hylands inclusion who mind you, scored a crucial away goal in Guatemala.

Learn the game mate and stop fighting one of our most valuable players, just ask your good friend coach hart how very important hyland's input on the team is before you chat rubbish about the player.

so one good game against svg of all teams and hyland is great again? Are you a fool or just naive? What the hell did he do against Haiti when we needed to qualify for the copa? He is not consistent and lacks quality that will be needed in the hex..

Some men are practice champs and play well for their clubs but when coming to national football they are not up to par.. When he puts in a performance like that against the US or Panama then I'll say he is improving.. Right now he can't make my squad at all..

Reality is I know more about football than you'll ever know and was exposed to higher level football than you'll ever be exposed to growing up in my family.. So let's just leave knowledge and exposure out of this talk because you are out of your league here...

This has nothing to do with Guerra idiot... Your presumptuous nature will make you look like a fool.. This is about hyland and his inconsistency and lack of quality in games that count... Putting a monster performance against svg means nothing.. Do it in the next 3 games..

Then you can come back and check me then, if not, ride out with your nonsense...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:29:54 PM by Controversial »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2016, 08:03:38 PM »
It was Molino, and it was $1mm.

Well on road to that.   :beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #146 on: May 05, 2016, 01:44:07 AM »
Cummings set to make comeback from injury.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

KERON “Ball Pest” Cummings, the Trinidad and Tobago and North East Stars FC midfielder, is set to make his comeback from a career-threatening right leg injury as early as Sunday, when his club faces Central FC in a Digicel Pro League encounter at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Mucurapo.

The 27-year-old Cummings was shot on his right thigh in the early hours of December 27 2015, after returning to his Diego Martin home.

During an interview at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo on Tuesday night, minutes after watching his clubmates defeat Morvant Caledonia United 3-1 in a Pro League fixture, Cummings stated, “(on Monday) I had a doctor appointment with (the doctor who did) the surgery. He did the scan on it and the bone healed completely.

He said I could go ahead and do full-time training.” Questioned about when he will be back in action, he replied, “all now. I started to train from (Monday) after I (got) the okay. So I’m a full-time player again.” He is hoping to get some gametime before TT ’s trio of friendly internationals, away to Peru (May 23), Uruguay (May 27) and China (June 3).

“As I say I can train full-time now so I’m just like everybody else. I’m competing for a pick.” Cummings, who has netted three times in 13 international appearances for Trinidad and Tobago, admitted, “everything’s good. I’m feeling good, strong. Everything’s coming along.”

However, he was quick to note, “life is a disappointment but it’s just one of them. I (have) overcome it already and I (don’t) even take time to study it. I aint even taking it on actually.” Asked what lessons he learnt from his situation, Cummings replied, “sometimes when you have aims and you have goals, you have to try and achieve it without company.

“This is one of the things I’ve learnt about this incident, trying to achieve your goals (you) have to try and achieve it alone. You always have to be focusing on one direction and this is just what it teach me.” He was grateful for the support he got from North East Stars during his recovery process.

“I must say they stick out with me and I want to thank them for that. I didn’t really expect them to go the full 100 (percent) with me, so I really want to thank them for that.” Finally, what was the support like from his family and friends?

“The family is always there. I want to thank my family, my girl, my father, my mother, my close friends, the national team players, the Sports Minister (Darryl) Smith, everybody who’s part they played, the strangers who come and pray I really want to thank everyone for giving me that support. That was nice.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 05, 2016, 09:06:11 AM »
Hope he is not rushing back. Would like to see the TTFA allow their doctors to sign him off too.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2016, 11:39:18 AM »
Hope he is not rushing back. Would like to see the TTFA allow their doctors to sign him off too.

Think that has occurred.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2016, 07:35:26 AM »
I'm happy he's back.. We need him in the Center of the park

1]; } ?>