March 28, 2024, 10:52:42 AM

Author Topic: Keron Cummings Thread.  (Read 39818 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Keron Cummings Thread.
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2016, 03:32:55 PM »
I'm happy he's back.. We need him in the Center of the park

:beermug:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2016, 01:06:42 AM »
Cummings hope for September return.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Midfielder Keron Cummings is sticking to the belief that he can  make a return to international football in September when the national team faces Guatemala and the United States in two World Cup qualifying matches.

It’s an ambitious thought considering that Cummings has not played international football for 2016 after being sidelined by a gunshot wound early in the year but having fully returned to training, who knows what the future holds. Cummings has been named in Central FC’s provisional squad for their CONCACAF Champions League campaign which begins with a match against MLS outfit Vancouver Whitecaps at the Ato Boldon Stadium on August 2nd.

If he plays and does well enough, T&T head coach Stephen Hart could be hard pressed to consider the player. Central also hosts Sporting Kansas on August 16th,  more than two weeks before T&T faces Guatemala at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

“I’m feeling great at the moment and I feel I could make the national team for the two games in September but it’s God’s call and the coach will have a decision to make. He has to do what is best for the team. Obviously I would love to be in the squad because it has been really difficult missing all the matches this year but I know I should be patient as well,” Cummings said.

He said: “The rehab went very well and I got clearance from the doctor to step it up even before they thought I would be ready, so that was a good sign. For me it’s just about getting match fit and hopefully I can play in the Champions League for Central and get my fitness back to a good level again.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2016, 03:44:28 AM »
Yes brother, hard work and determination...it'll come, just keep your head up and keep at it! Happy to hear he's back training. Well done!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2016, 05:45:37 PM »
How has he been playing in the local league, i notice he was not on the team last 2 games, is he ready to go?

He is a key man for us in the Hex

between cummings, garcia and jones we have 3 boss left footing dont remember ever seeing any team local or foreign that had that must dept with the left foot.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2016, 08:41:15 PM »
How has he been playing in the local league, i notice he was not on the team last 2 games, is he ready to go?

He is a key man for us in the Hex

between cummings, garcia and jones we have 3 boss left footing dont remember ever seeing any team local or foreign that had that must dept with the left foot.

Argentina, pardna.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »
Updates on Cummings local based...

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2016, 06:19:04 PM »

Slightly better recently but still a good way off in terms of form and rhythm. Central's system at times doesn't suit him but still no goals and 1 assist from 14 appearances

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2016, 06:54:14 PM »

Slightly better recently but still a good way off in terms of form and rhythm. Central's system at times doesn't suit him but still no goals and 1 assist from 14 appearances

No guarantees of course, but he should get to sharpness.

Saw him away to Morvant. In the dregs, prior to penalties, he created a chance (really a fraction of a chance) merely by pivoting in the opponent's area ... and the shot was there to be taken ... the crowd was expecting the trigger because the pivot semi-sold the keeper with the defender ... but confidence took Keron to a less convenient angle and he worked himself out of the "half-chance".

I say 'confidence' based on his body language. He knew what he wanted to do and did it, but he lacked the sharpness to pull it off. It wasn't that he overelaborated.

When his goal comes, it will be a BIG goal. A major contribution. Give him time.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2016, 06:59:48 PM »
People eh realize to come back from type of human-induced injury period and be playing ball again is nothing short of a miracle.  Happy for this brother....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2016, 07:47:40 PM »

No guarantees of course, but he should get to sharpness.

Saw him away to Morvant. In the dregs, prior to penalties, he created a chance (really a fraction of a chance) merely by pivoting in the opponent's area ... and the shot was there to be taken ... the crowd was expecting the trigger because the pivot semi-sold the keeper with the defender ... but confidence took Keron to a less convenient angle and he worked himself out of the "half-chance".

I say 'confidence' based on his body language. He knew what he wanted to do and did it, but he lacked the sharpness to pull it off. It wasn't that he overelaborated.

When his goal comes, it will be a BIG goal. A major contribution. Give him time.

I'm happy he's back on the mend... he probably will not be selected again for national duty, David johns plans are not winning...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Have the TT police found the man who shot Kerron Cummings?
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2017, 11:38:20 AM »
It would be interesting to see what his real motives were... don't be surprised he's been killed or if he were interrogated for his motives that it would be some disturbing info that would be uncovered, implicating others... I doubt protective custody is even realistic in Trinidad to be honest...

I notice no shooter was ever found and in most cases the shooter would have killed instead of wounding, especially wounding in the leg of a footballer... he messed up because he probably forgot or got nervous and shot the wrong leg... or was sending a signal to one of our key players who was instrumental for us in the gold cup and was headed to the US and also would have made a difference for us in the qualifiers...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2017, 06:15:15 PM »
Hey, can anyone say if Kerron is playing for his club right now and if so, how is he looking?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2017, 06:40:02 PM »
Hey, can anyone say if Kerron is playing for his club right now and if so, how is he looking?

He isn't a consistent starter for Central and is still struggling to regain form. It will take some time to get back his rhythm.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2017, 06:41:21 PM »

He isn't a consistent starter for Central and is still struggling to regain form. It will take some time to get back his rhythm.

But if he doh play ...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2017, 06:43:50 PM »

He needs to play more, sitting him won't help... backward process, I hope central could shed some light
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:55:07 PM by Controversial »

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2017, 06:50:05 PM »

But if he doh play ...

He's appeared in at least 16 (11 starts or so) of Central's 20 games so far this season. It's a tough situation for him to adjust.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »

But if he doh play ...

He's appeared in at least 16 (11 starts or so) of Central's 20 games so far this season. It's a tough situation for him to adjust.

Adjust in regards to overcoming his injury or the team?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2017, 06:55:51 PM »
He needs rehabilitation abroad, locally won't serve him well..

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »

But if he doh play ...

Both. They try to do a version of an intermittent press, which is why Garcia, Paul and Mitchell are automatic starters. And De Silva, Marcano, Joseph understandably have more chemistry with the team and have been in better form.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2017, 08:56:51 PM »

But if he doh play ...

Both. They try to do a version of an intermittent press, which is why Garcia, Paul and Mitchell are automatic starters. And De Silva, Marcano, Joseph understandably have more chemistry with the team and have been in better form.

Hart is a football brain, no coaches locally can compare .... no offense to Central

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #170 on: January 19, 2017, 12:11:43 PM »

But if he doh play ...

How long do you think it will take Cummings to get back in stride?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2017, 05:58:40 AM »
Cummings ready to regain final team spot.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Central FC midfield­er Keron Cummings is grateful to be able to contest for Senior Team selection again a little more than a year after being sidelined after suf­fering gun shot wounds.

Cummings was forced to stay away from the game last year, undergoing re­hab before taking the pitch again with Central FC. And though not quite back to the form that saw him break into the starting team at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Cummings is feeling good again.

“I am grateful to God for this op­portunity to rejoin the national team and press for selection for the two World Cup qualifiers in March. And I would like to thank head coach Den­nis Lawrence for seeing it fit to bring me back in the team at this time,” Cummings said.

“I intend to give it my all, work hard and try to do what is best for the team during the upcoming training camp and hopefully I can be part of the team in March.”

Cummings was named among 27 players called up by Dennis Lawrence for a training camp beginning on Monday. If it’s one player the Mex­icans will recall is the former W Con­nection player after his second half double put them on the backfoot in the 4-4 draw during the Gold Cup in 2014.

“It’s been a long road back and I still have some way to go but I am hungry again and I really want to work my way back into the final team and try to help us push forward in the remaining qualifying matches,” Cummings added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2017, 03:44:03 PM »
Cummings eyes strong showing versus Barbados.
TTFA Media.

Central FC midfielder Keron Cummings is hoping to make a strong impression on his return to international football when this country’s senior men’s team takes on Barbados in Friday’s International Friendly at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7pm.

Cummings earned a call up from head coach Dennis Lawrence and has participated in every training sessions since the start of the training camp last month. On Friday, Lawrence will get the chance to see just how much progress Cummings has made. The player last appeared for T&T on the international stage against United States in a 0-0 draw in World Cup qualifying action in November 2015. He has since returned to action for Central FC in the T&T Pro League.

“It’s a blessing for me to be back in the national team and having the chance to make a return to international football,” Cummings told TTFA Media. “And I am grateful for coach Lawrence for giving me the opportunity. For me the main focus is fitting back into the set up and being mentally strong and ready to wear the Red,White and Black again on the international stage.

“I will know exactly where I am at the moment once I get on the field and get some minutes under my belt. The decision is up to the head coach to decide if and when he puts me into the game but as usual I will be ready to contribute in the best way possible,” Cummings added.

Cummings, who struck a double in the memorable 4-4 draw with Mexico at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, spoke about the preparations under Lawrence.

“So far the sessions have been properly organised and solid. It has been enjoyable also. Coach knows what he wants from the players and he is settling in nicely and we as players are giving it our best so that he has all the options when it comes to selecting his team,” Cummings said.

Gates open at 4pm and tickets will be on sale at the venue. Tickets are priced at $50 (Adults) and $20 (Children).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2017, 05:03:25 AM »
Cummings beginning to regain confidence.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

NATIONAL FOOTBALL team midfielder Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings is continuing to work on his fitness, as he seeks to earn selection on the Trinidad and Tobago squad for the March 24 and 28 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico respectively.

The 28-year-old Cummings featured as a second-half substitute on Friday as Trinidad and Tobago whipped Barbados 2-0 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva in a friendly football international.

This game was Cummings’ first at the international level since sustaining a gunshot wound to his right leg on December 2015.

According to Cummings, “The first game coming back out, the confidence started to come back. I feel good to know that I could come on and still get (to perform).

“The body feels good as I start back to get fit,” added Cummings.

“And we still come out and gave a good performance.

So everything is falling back into place.” Concerning his overall performance on Friday, Cummings said, “In your first game you always try to catch back your rhythm and we were (already) on top two-nil so I was just pacing myself and getting back to the normal me and getting all the players involved in the attack.”

The Central FC midfielder admitted that he has been doing extra work to regain full fitness, even though it is the off-season (the 2017 TT Pro League season is set to start in late April).

“Personally, I have no off-season,” said Cummings.

“Every day I’m doing my training because I have to get back to exactly (how I was before) and more - better, fitter and stronger. So it don’t really have any off-season for me at this point in time.” The 2016- 2017 season was his first at Central FC, having previously starred at North East Stars (now Ma Pau Stars).

“It’s the first time I ever had to go into a team that was winning,” he acknowledged. “I wasn’t getting as much playing time as I (was) accustomed but it’s a winning team.

“I just had to keep pushing myself, knowing that I had an injury to recover (from). It was a little task but it was for the good,” he ended.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2017, 05:46:09 AM »
There are some players you can easily tell are a cut above the average. Even during the half time break while the subs were doing some ball work some of the skill on the ball was easily distinguishable. The ability to receive a cross field pass juggle two or three times and volley a return without the ball ever touching the ground. Even when he came on you can tell the spacial intelligence, in his movement and interplay especially with Paul and Hector.

He still looks a bit heavy, so it raises the question on what type of conditioning training Central FC actually does. He has been with them for months to still be looking that heavy. His condition speaks more to how pro league clubs manage players more than anything.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »
There are some players you can easily tell are a cut above the average. Even during the half time break while the subs were doing some ball work some of the skill on the ball was easily distinguishable. The ability to receive a cross field pass juggle two or three times and volley a return without the ball ever touching the ground. Even when he came on you can tell the spacial intelligence, in his movement and interplay especially with Paul and Hector.

He still looks a bit heavy, so it raises the question on what type of conditioning training Central FC actually does. He has been with them for months to still be looking that heavy. His condition speaks more to how pro league clubs manage players more than anything.

The feedback is appreciated  :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KERON CUMMINGS HOMECOMING – SIGNS WITH PETIT VALLEY/DIEGO MARTIN UTD
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2017, 04:03:42 PM »
KERON CUMMINGS HOMECOMING – SIGNS WITH PETIT VALLEY/DIEGO MARTIN UTD
http://ttsuperleague.com

http://ttsuperleague.com/keron-cummings-homecoming-signs-petit-valleydiego-martin-utd/

Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team midfielder, Keron “Ballpest” Cummings will line up for his hometown club Petit Valley/Diego Martin United in the Trinidad and Tobago Super League Two for the 2017 season.

The gifted midfielder  was recently on the roster of defending TT Pro League champion, Central FC and played in the CFU Club Championships in May.

However, after helping the “Sharks” secure a historical third consecutive league title, Cummings did not renew his contract with the club for a second season.

“Ballpest” as he is known throughout the football community,  rose to prominence with the T&T National Team following a series of sterling performances in the 2015 Gold Cup, particularly against Mexico in the group stage. The playmaker struck a thunderous brace in the 4-4 draw in the match that many experts consider to be the greatest Gold Cup game ever.

His ascent was however tragically halted as he was shot in the leg outside of his home, later that year.

He committed himself to working on his recovery and at the start of the 2016/17 season,  signed for two time reigning TT Pro League Champions Central FC from North East Stars.

With the newly formed Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) starting in June 2017, it offered Cummings the unique opportunity to play for his hometown team as he attempts to rekindle a joy for playing and fluency on the field.

“I decided to come and play for my village team to try and find that joy in football again,” stated Cummings.

“It’s not that I stopped loving football or anything like that. I just wasn’t feeling myself. So I decided to take a little time out from the professional level and spend time with my family and friends as well as do some more therapy work on my leg.”

Cummings also commented that the life of a professional footballer is quite demanding and that he was looking forward to being able to be with his family and his children for the next few months at least.

“Right now, I am just focused on my family and friends and being with them. ”

He continued, “once I playing football and I performing, in whatever division, it shouldn’t matter. Once you could play, you could play. So Super League is good for me right now, especially as I’m home.”

The prospect of seeing one of their more talented sons on the field has certainly lifted the spirits of those in the community of Petit Valley/Diego Martin.

Cummings is expected to make his League Two debut against Youth Stars on Saturday 1 July 2017 at 4 pm at Diego Martin North Secondary School Ground, alongside former Central FC stalwart Keion Goodridge, twin brother Keino Goodridge and Samuel Delice.

In the other match-ups, opening round winners, Central 500 Spartans and Prisons FC will face off at Youth Training Centre Ground (Arouca), while Harlem Strikers will host Marabella FCC at Frederick Settlement Ground.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2017, 06:41:39 AM »
‘Ball Pest’ Cummings joins Super League outfit.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

FORMER TRINIDAD and Tobago football team midfielder Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings has joined TT Super League’s League Two outfit Petit Valley/Diego Martin United, as a free agent, having left three-time TT Pro League champs Central FC during the off-season.

The 29-year-old playmaker has struggled to regain full fitness and form since he suffered a gunshot wound to his leg, near his Petit Valley home, on December 27 2015.

At the time, Cummings was an integral member of North East Stars, as well as the national squad under the guidance of Stephen Hart.

Cummings joined Central FC ahead of the 2016-2017 season but he hardly managed to get an extended run, both at club and national level. He last played for T&T during a 2-2 draw, away to Grenada, in a friendly international on April 29.

However, the easy-going midfielder is hopeful that his stint at Petit Valley/Diego Martin United can see him, not only reconnect with his fans in his community, but earn a contract with a Pro League club in the near future.

In a telephone interview yesterday, Cummings noted, “It’s a community team, and the only reason why I had the thought of coming back and play, until the transfer window opens back, (is because) I wanted to spend some time with the family.

“It’s a village thing, so I just decided to spend time with family and still play football,” he continued.

Asked about the response of the community regarding his move, Cummings replied, “That’s my home team, that’s my village team.

(The) boys will always show me that love. I have experiences to share with them.” He went on to add, “Some players, even (if) they are free agents, they wouldn’t give up (better opportunities) to come and play with their village (because of) pride.” About his fitness level, he said, “I feel good.

It’s just to start to get back form.” However, he does not envision himself returning, as a player, to Central FC. “I (have) crossed that bridge,” he admitted. “I don’t want to cross back that road.

I was a little challenge playing with them but that’s how it (goes) in life sometimes. Not everything you (do) get exactly how you want.” With his new chapter, at least at the club level, Cummings hopes that he will still catch the eyes of the national team’s technical staff, headed by coach Dennis Lawrence.

“Nobody (from the TT staff) hasn’t checked me or called,” he admitted, “but everything will fall into place. God is a good God.” Assistant Petit Valley/ Diego Martin United team coach Gordon Pierre, who is also a television football commentator, spoke of the addition of Cummings, as well as ex-Pro League players Samuel Delice, Kadeem Corbin and twins Keion and Keino Goodridge, to the Petit Valley/Diego Martin United squad.

“To have them back home, we’re trying to rebuild the western peninsula. After passing Port of Spain, there is no (top-flight) team representing the west,” Pierre said. “We’re glad to have back our senior players.

We understand the sacrifice they made in terms of giving up their (immediate) chance to be on the national team by coming down (to the Super League level).” Pierre continued, “we want to build back the community as well.

We think that football belongs to the community and we have set ourselves a three-year plan to be playing at the highest level of football in the country.”

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2017, 07:23:10 AM »
Rough world out here, hang in there KC, enjoy your football and keep pressing...such is the nature of the life...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2017, 10:24:56 AM »
3rd division football yes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>