March 28, 2024, 01:53:12 PM

Author Topic: Keron Cummings Thread.  (Read 39821 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Keron Cummings Thread.
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 11:03:04 PM »
T&T at Mexico 2009-06-10 : Goal by Hayden Tinto

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/N5uZsHK4TGE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/N5uZsHK4TGE</a>

Yeah Ah remember that Tinto goal. Bullettttttttt
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 11:21:01 PM »
Players in every sport everywhere love to perform before a crowd.  Hostile or not.  It's where you get your validation.  Not just sports people, but performers in every realm.

People can say what they want about minor league. When you playing with the crowd right around the field, the emotion and adrenaline is primary. Validation is secondary as far as I concern.

I play in St.Joseph Savannah. Eddie Hart, St James Infirmary(Poor House), Red Hill, Dabadie, Trou Macaque. All them community league is just adrenaline. If this current proleague had that, then they will be well on their way to be a success. I don't know why they can't get crowds. They over 10 yrs old, they get govt subvention, but they don't draw the crowd of the old POSFL,SFL, SFA, NFL, etc and the days of ASL and them. This league is an independent league. They are not run by the TTFA. So what is their problem.

But if a player signs a contract with a pro club, he has no right playing in minor league. punto final.
how could you get the crowds when games are played on a neutral ground tens of miles away from home supporters? even the premier league has home grounds, whitehart lane, anfield, tyne side, wareside, goodison park , bramall lane, ewood park, portman road, the hawthorns. these places are all situated in or around the city center and well within walking distance.

the pro league has to find ways of bringing the games into the community where after a game the home supporters could gather at a bar or on the home pitch and celebrate a victory or drown their sorrows in a neighborhood pub.

It can be done. I have said before. Jabloteh and Caledonia should be playing at a field constructed in Aranguez. There is enough room in Aranguez to build a 5000 mini stadium(possibly turf field). These 2 teams are about 5 miles apart. Rangers and DF can play in the stadium. NE need a field in Grande. Not a massive field. You mean to say they can't buy a piece a land somewhere in Grande. What about Ojoe rd. Central and Connection have multiple options. Club Sando can play in Skinner Park.
you are saying exactly what i am saying. my point was that most people would not go all the way to a neutral location to watch a games except that they are hardcore fans. but if the games were to be kept in their community or closer to their home base and within walking distance then most likely fans will follow. but no young kid or old man aint traveling all the way to couva or marabella to watch a game especially they are from arima or st anns, that is absurd.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 03:48:56 AM »
Been saying that since I joined the site - got louder after I went to a game. Everyone I know and talk to interested in the local game also says it - so why is it so damn hard? Get some locals to clear out a Rec ground and tidy up the stands, maybe the TTFA can rent a large roller vehicle to flatten the ground or whatever.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 07:19:58 AM »
Players in every sport everywhere love to perform before a crowd.  Hostile or not.  It's where you get your validation.  Not just sports people, but performers in every realm.

People can say what they want about minor league. When you playing with the crowd right around the field, the emotion and adrenaline is primary. Validation is secondary as far as I concern.

I play in St.Joseph Savannah. Eddie Hart, St James Infirmary(Poor House), Red Hill, Dabadie, Trou Macaque. All them community league is just adrenaline. If this current proleague had that, then they will be well on their way to be a success. I don't know why they can't get crowds. They over 10 yrs old, they get govt subvention, but they don't draw the crowd of the old POSFL,SFL, SFA, NFL, etc and the days of ASL and them. This league is an independent league. They are not run by the TTFA. So what is their problem.

But if a player signs a contract with a pro club, he has no right playing in minor league. punto final.
how could you get the crowds when games are played on a neutral ground tens of miles away from home supporters? even the premier league has home grounds, whitehart lane, anfield, tyne side, wareside, goodison park , bramall lane, ewood park, portman road, the hawthorns. these places are all situated in or around the city center and well within walking distance.

the pro league has to find ways of bringing the games into the community where after a game the home supporters could gather at a bar or on the home pitch and celebrate a victory or drown their sorrows in a neighborhood pub.

It can be done. I have said before. Jabloteh and Caledonia should be playing at a field constructed in Aranguez. There is enough room in Aranguez to build a 5000 mini stadium(possibly turf field). These 2 teams are about 5 miles apart. Rangers and DF can play in the stadium. NE need a field in Grande. Not a massive field. You mean to say they can't buy a piece a land somewhere in Grande. What about Ojoe rd. Central and Connection have multiple options. Club Sando can play in Skinner Park.

Jabloteh are getting a stadium at the Ato Boldon ground. North East are getting one at Ojo Road. Tenders are out now. The plan is that by 2017 every Pro League club will have a stadium (although some may share like Connection & Central). Each will be income generating and managed by the clubs (i.e. 30% of income goes to Ministry for maintenance costs, 70% to clubs) This way, subventions can be reduced and maybe redirected to Super League clubs (who would also get access to stadiums for training etc)

The 3 core reasons for WPL are: help the WNT prepare for PanAm, prove that corporate T&T can be attracted to football, prove that there is a hunger for quality football in the communities and this can be serviced.
I feel that all three have been accomplished. We invited many corporate leaders such as Norman Sagba to the WPL games and they were truly inspired. I have met with several CEO's of big brands who want to take a franchise store in the new stadiums. Instead of naming them after former athletes, we would sell naming rights i.e. the BMW Stadium, the Caribbean Kool arena etc. Many companies are interested in this.

Finally, when the English Football League went into meltdown in the 80's, the UK government took active steps to help it recover. Professional football is an inspiration to many and an important part of a nations fabric. It is very much in any governments interest to make it work.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:28:23 AM by Football supporter »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »

Jabloteh are getting a stadium at the Ato Boldon ground. North East are getting one at Ojo Road. Tenders are out now. The plan is that by 2017 every Pro League club will have a stadium (although some may share like Connection & Central). Each will be income generating and managed by the clubs (i.e. 30% of income goes to Ministry for maintenance costs, 70% to clubs) This way, subventions can be reduced and maybe redirected to Super League clubs (who would also get access to stadiums for training etc)

The 3 core reasons for WPL are: help the WNT prepare for PanAm, prove that corporate T&T can be attracted to football, prove that there is a hunger for quality football in the communities and this can be serviced.
I feel that all three have been accomplished. We invited many corporate leaders such as Norman Sagba to the WPL games and they were truly inspired. I have met with several CEO's of big brands who want to take a franchise store in the new stadiums. Instead of naming them after former athletes, we would sell naming rights i.e. the BMW Stadium, the Caribbean Kool arena etc. Many companies are interested in this.

Finally, when the English Football League went into meltdown in the 80's, the UK government took active steps to help it recover. Professional football is an inspiration to many and an important part of a nations fabric. It is very much in any governments interest to make it work.

So its not San Juan Jabloteh anymore then?

Is Covua Jabloteh?

This is real brain wok.

It have men in T&T working backwards.

Just know all de clubs go end up in Central and South.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 03:11:29 PM »
Jabloteh are getting a stadium at the Ato Boldon ground

that don't make sense. You mean you have space in Aranguez to go Couva. What kind of dotishness is this. No wonder the proleague lagging.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »
Jabloteh are getting a stadium at the Ato Boldon ground

that don't make sense. You mean you have space in Aranguez to go Couva. What kind of dotishness is this. No wonder the proleague lagging.

Bear in mind that Club Sando is based in Couva.

Maybe I should form Diego Martin FC and put it in Arima and use the Municipal Stadium.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Keron Cummings to Orlando City FC?!
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 01:16:27 PM »
EDIT: Taken from TTFA FB page!

Cummings on trial at Orlando City

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Keron Cummings is currently on trial with MLS Club Orlando City.
Cummings, who scored in T&T's 3-3 draw with Mexico last Friday, joined the club a few days later. Orlando City officials were actually eager to have the player join them directly after the match but the North East Stars player opted to return home before joining national teammate Kevin Molino at the club alongside Brazilian Kaka.

The club is reportedly very keen on signing the player.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:21:24 PM by Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$ »

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keron Cummings to Orlando City FC?!
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 01:26:35 PM »

Dis man one of di baddest in we squad, 27 years old i was wondering why he never went overseas. Just goes to show dat T&T local league can create good players too
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 01:31:25 PM by Fyzo10 »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 01:49:15 PM »
Dis man one of di baddest in we squad, 27 years old i was wondering why he never went overseas. Just goes to show dat T&T local league can create good players too

Discipline. Is only this past season he get serious. He made his debut under Latapy in 2010.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 02:01:33 PM »
Great news!

Shows the benefit of National team exposure against quality opposition.

Hopefully Guerra uses this as incentive to work even harder to get similar opportunities.  Lord knows he has the talent but talent alone eh enough.

Same for other Pro League players.

On the flip side....this further weakens the Pro League as the best players usually get these opportunities.  That said....opens the door for other players to showcase themselves.

so....Cyrus....then Cummings.....heard a talk about Jonathan Glenn the other day.  Mikiel Williams and Yohance Marshall got gigs after the Gold Cup performances.

Who next?  I'd like to see Rundell Winchester and Kadeem Corbin in the mix too.  Hopefully they can step up.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2015, 02:20:02 PM »
Great news!

Hopefully Guerra uses this as incentive to work even harder to get similar opportunities.  Lord knows he has the talent but talent alone eh enough.

On the flip side....this further weakens the Pro League as the best players usually get these opportunities.  That said....opens the door for other players to showcase themselves.

so....Cyrus....then Cummings.....heard a talk about Jonathan Glenn the other day.  Mikiel Williams and Yohance Marshall got gigs after the Gold Cup performances.

Who next?  I'd like to see Rundell Winchester and Kadeem Corbin in the mix too.  Hopefully they can step up.

Guerra have talent to burn but his desire to stay local is killing his career and progress..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2015, 03:39:39 PM »
Also good to see Molino condition is looking ok. He is doing well in physiotherapy I understand.  :thumbsup:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2015, 03:54:30 PM »
Also good to see Molino condition is looking ok. He is doing well in physiotherapy I understand.  :thumbsup:

:beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2015, 02:16:14 AM »
Kevin put on some muscle too!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 02:59:12 AM »
I am so glad for this kid, very good technical player.

I hope all these other youths take note, the benefits of playing for your national team instead of just looking for a quick buck.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 03:01:37 AM »
Great news!

Guerra have talent to burn but his desire to stay local is killing his career and progress..

Guerra head in a mess, like Jemmot. He not going no where, I will be surprise if he make a T&T side again, unless we missing a few starters. Guerra have talent, is just he have to get his head straight.

Cummings on the other side, is calm and composed.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:03:20 AM by Sam »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 06:41:24 AM »
Great news!

Guerra head in a mess, like Jemmot. He not going no where, I will be surprise if he make a T&T side again, unless we missing a few starters. Guerra have talent, is just he have to get his head straight.

Cummings on the other side, is calm and composed.

Guerra don't want to come out of his comfort zone... staying in trinidad is thinking in the box.. sometimes you have to have that will to leave the shores of trinidad to better your career... i hope he gets his act together

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 09:14:39 AM »
Goodluck cummings! we have seen what a short time in the MLS has done to joevin hope the same thing happens to cummings  :beermug:

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 03:52:43 PM »
He will be much better than Larin for sure. Orlando making a good move bringing him in.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2015, 02:36:06 AM »
Cummings solid in Orlando trial.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Orlando City sees him as the perfect fill for the injured Kevin Molino and he’s looking to grab the opportunity and move into a new phase of his career.

National midfielder Keron Cummings has proven to be the new find in the national team, scoring three goals in two appearances against Mexico. The 27-year-old North East Stars player has been on trial with American MLS club Orlando City for over a week now and has reportedly impressed the management staff.

The club has had their eyes on him since the CONCACAF Gold Cup before finally inviting him to the club the week of the recent 3-3 draw with Mexico.

“It’s an opportunity I’ve been waiting out. I worked very hard to get myself up to a decent level and get back onto the national team,” said Cummings.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2015, 05:53:26 AM »
Congratulations!! Just de tuning you will need to make your contribution towards Russia 2018! Hard work and persistence...take note young talents!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2015, 09:15:22 AM »
Always nice to hear a good report.  Hope he gets his deal.

Buh wait, he taking Molino spot!  Fellas allyuh work it out eh.  ;D

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2015, 03:32:05 AM »
Any word on this soldier? I check OCFC website and I ain't see anything...he not on their roster!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Keron Cummings got shot this morning.
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2015, 10:19:32 AM »
SWO was reliably informed that national midfielder Keron Cummings was shot this morning after an attempted robbery on him. The culprit knew who he was and shot him in the leg after he resisted, as a result Cummings suffered broken and shattered bones and is warded at the Port of Spain General Hospital. No further details have been released on the extent of the injury, but SWO will update its readers once it becomes available.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 11:31:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keron Cummings got shot this morning.
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2015, 10:42:22 AM »
Yes, it's true.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2015, 11:11:06 AM »
Wdf!!! Is he ok????

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2015, 11:40:39 AM »
That is flocking crazy.

Trinidad is the worst place to live now.

Imagine they robbing a national footballer who making little bit of momey, now he could be done and it could cost him his career.

I getting to really hate my country because 90% of crimes is not solved.

Get well soon bredda, ah hope to see you play again soon.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2015, 11:42:48 AM »
This is f00king madness. I hope he is okay and is able to continue plying his trade. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sounds as if the gunman purposely shot him in the leg. I hope this gunman is found and dealt with appropriately.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2015, 11:44:00 AM »
Yes just heard a voice message from his cousin. He was shot because of robbery. I have a picture of him in the hospital that shows his injured leg. Won't post because of privacy to him. Seems like his operation went well. Hopefully he recovers well. Crazy and distasteful are some people in Trinidad and Tobago. Be safe out there. Bless

1]; } ?>