March 28, 2024, 02:41:53 PM

Author Topic: Khalifa St Fort "De Real Deal" Thread  (Read 27107 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Khalifa St Fort "De Real Deal" Thread
« on: May 29, 2015, 09:47:35 AM »
Ato Boldon Guides Khalifa St. Fort To Her Dreams
By Johanna Gretschel MileSplit Spotlight May 27, 2015

With a sizzling 11.43, Khalifa St. Fort ran the third-fastest wind-legal 100m in the nation this year to win the Golden South Classic last weekend. The victory was noteworthy not only as the final auto qualifier for the adidas Dream 100, a showdown amongst the nation's best sprinters at the adidas Grand Prix on June 13, but also for defeating the best short sprinters in the state of Florida.

Some of those girls were her former teammates. St. Fort, a junior at St. Thomas Aquinas, was not part of the Raiders' third consecutive Florida Class 4A State Championship team title earlier this month.

No one will say exactly why, but the powerhouse sprint program - which has produced multiple state champions as well as the national high school record in the 4x200m (1:33.43) last year - may be without the fastest kid in school.

St. Fort's last race in the gold and blue uniform was an 11.46 (+4.4) 100m runner-up finish at the Texas Relays in March, which came at the heels of racing legs on the 4x100m, 4x200m and 4x400m relays.

That was her last meet, period, this season before Golden South.

St. Fort is no longer coached by Alex Armenteros, the STA head coach and 2014 National Track and Field Coach of the Year, as named by the National High School Coaches' Association.

But his replacement is no slouch. That's Ato Boldon, the four-time Olympic medalist and the Trinidad and Tobago national record holder for 50m, 60m and 200m. Since retiring from the sport in 2004, Boldon has developed into one of the most recognizable personalities in the sport of track and field. He is an ESPN and NBC Sports broadcast analyst and was recently named an IAAF Ambassador.

"Understand this is not what I do - go seeking high school athletes," Boldon said. "I am busy traveling the world and broadcasting in my jobs as broadcaster and ambassador for the sport, but when I see a young talent being wasted, I am compelled to get involved."

Lost In The Mix At A Powerhouse

Krystal Sparling and Khalifa St. Fort finished second and third, respectively, for St. Thomas Aquinas in the 2014 Florida Class 4A State 100m finals with Diamond Spaulding taking fifth. The trio also took second, third and fourth in the 200m finals.

A year ago, St. Fort was just one of many talented sprinters on the St. Thomas Aquinas roster.

She was nowhere near the star on a team that featured Kendall Ellis, a 52.95 400m/24.18 200m talent; Krystal Sparling, a 11.34 100m/23.34 200m runner as a junior; and Diamond Spaulding, an all-star pick-up after transferring from American Heritage with 11.51 100m/23.00 200m credentials.

With a total of about 30 highly competitive student-athletes on the roster for a team that swept the boys and girls state titles, St. Fort was the one who got lost in the mix.

"Unfortunately, St. Thomas had too many kids on it so it was hard for Coach Alex to coach us on individual aspects when he has such a big team," she said.

As a middle schooler, she was a 12-second 100m sprinter. But two years later at STA, she was still awaiting improvement.

Bewildered, her parents reached out to Boldon for guidance. Luckily for the St. Fort family, one of the most well-regarded personalities in the sport of track and field resides in Miramar, Florida and was willing to evaluate their daughter.

"I said to [Mr. St. Fort], 'she could be as good as she wants to be, she's definitely exceptional.' He looked at me, like 'you must say that to everyone.'

"I am extremely busy so I am not in the habit of going out and seeking athletes to coach," Boldon said. "...I said, 'I think she's exceptional and I would be willing to work with her.'"

This evaluation took place in March of 2014. Two months later, St. Fort had improved from a consistent 12-second sprinter to an 11.7 girl. She contributed a solid 22 points to the 2014 Florida Class 4A state title, including two third-place finishes in the 100m and 200m, as well as a leg on the winning 4x100m relay. By the end of the championship season, she improved her PR to 11.51.

This all while attending her regular after school practices at St. Thomas Aquinas, then training with Coach Boldon on weekends and a few days during the week, as schedules allowed.

"She ran 11.51 last year and... she was really bad out of the blocks because no one had ever showed her how to start properly," Boldon said. "That was No. 8 in the country last year."

The St. Forts told Armenteros that they were consulting Boldon before they approached the analyst.

"Because he had such little regard for her, he said, 'no problem,'" Boldon said. "She went from 12.5 to 11.5 in a matter of months. Then it became a problem for him."

St. Fort started training full-time with Boldon in October, doing conditioning to prepare for this spring.

Khalifa St. Fort was the surprise victor in the 2015 Golden South Classic 100m.

"By the time she went back to practice, she was looking different, blowing everybody away in practice," Boldon said. "And I think it just became, you can't serve two masters. And buying into my philosophy, she couldn't buy into the philosophy at her high school. It became a problem for St. Thomas Aquinas for her to be working with me."

St. Fort suited up one final time in the Raiders' gold and blue for the Texas Relays during the weekend of March 25 to 28, where she ran her then-PR of 11.46.

"After Texas Relays, we had a little bit of issues, but I'd rather not get into specifics," St. Fort said. After that, I decided to train with Coach Ato full-time... I have nothing bad to say about the St. Thomas Aquinas program, it just wasn't working with me physically and personally."

Back to Competition

With a two-month layover between the Texas Relays and the Golden South Classic, neither St. Fort nor Boldon knew what to expect.

"I've never had two months off from racing," St. Fort said. "[But] it didn't affect me at all, to be honest, because the same intensity I bring to practice is the same intensity I have in a race. So nothing feels different."

Training full-time with an Olympian is not easy.

"I have a lot of people who come and do not last a week with me," said Boldon. "It's not a democracy. I am very set in my ways."

But having one philosophy to follow has helped St. Fort focus.

"Coach Ato's philosophy just works better for me to understand the sport," she said. "He explains everything that we're doing and he makes sure I understand what we're doing and why we're doing it and the dangers of what I could do if I don't do it right."

See below for a typical training week with Khalifa St. Fort and Ato Boldon.

DAY   TYPICAL TRAINING
Monday    9x60m or 6x60m followed by all-out 200m, or 300-200-100 ladder
Tuesday   Form starts out of the blocks to 10m, 20m mark - "making sure my drive phase is okay," arms are where they're supposed to be, make sure I'm staying low"
Wednesday   9x30m or 5 starts coming out of the blocks to 10m, 4 starts to 20m, 3 starts to 30m
Thursday   Stairs Day - 1 flight of 24 steps, girls climb in 5 double-legged bounds, boys do 4 bounds
Friday   OFF Day or practice block starts
Saturday   Race Day or 7x100m
Sunday   OFF Day

The key test is Thursday's stairs workout.

"When I watch my athletes go up the stairs, I know how ready they are," Boldon said. "When they do it in a very, very easy fashion, I know they are ready.

"Khalifa did that in the last two weeks and she's running 60 meters in the low seven seconds range and then to see her go up those steps, it's just a question of she has to go up [to race] and execute."

On the line at the Golden South Classic 100m, St. Fort got set in her blocks next to Sparling and Spaulding, who were hot off a Raiders team title at the 4A state meet. The PA introduced the high school junior as the least heralded of the St. Thomas Aquinas trio.

"One girl from St. Thomas is gonna make it, but probably not the one most people thought was gonna make it between Spaulding and Sparling," said MileSplit race commentator Brandon Miles. "It's St. Fort!"

It was St. Fort who snuck up on the inside, racing a personal record of 11.43 as the surprise victor.

The adidas Dream 100 is on Friday, June 13. But before that, St. Fort and Boldon will travel to Trinidad and Tobago for the national junior trials to qualify for the World Youth Championships this summer in Cali, Colombia.

"My mom's side of the family is from there so I have a lot of family there," said St. Fort, who visited the Caribbean nation once as a seven-year-old. "I've always wanted to run for them in the Olympics and it's something that [Boldon] made possible. It makes me feel really happy that I'm about to go down the same path that he went down and that I'm able to make the country that I hold dear to my heart proud."

The next step is qualifying.

The first step was believing.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:37:00 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
REAL DEAL: Ato heaps praises on St Fort
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 03:28:52 AM »
I think she now deserves her own thread and congrats to Khalifa once again on your WYC 100m silver! :applause:

REAL DEAL: Ato heaps praises on St Fort
By Kwame Laurence, kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Jul 19, 2015, 9:39 pm AST (T&T Express)

PROUD ON THE PODIUM: Trinidad and Tobago's Khalifa St Fort, left, poses with her IAAF World
Youth Championship girls' 100 metres silver medal, in Cali, Colombia, on Thursday night.
Also in the photo are gold medallist Candace Hill, centre, and bronze medallist Jayla Kirkland,
both of the United States. —Photo: © Getty Images for IAAF

"Khalifa is fearless in a way that I've never seen a young female sprinter, so she goes out there and has fun and truly enjoys it. That's championship pedigree."

Ato Boldon was high in praise for Khalifa St Fort, the 17-year-old sprinter he steered to girls' 100 metres silver at the IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia.

Boldon is no stranger to the global stage. He has four Olympic medals, and is the 1997 200m world champion. But on Thursday night, the retired track star experienced a global final as a coach for the very first time.

"New territory for me man," Boldon told the Express.

"I was nervous for that first round like never before, but she was so calm and assured she reassured me. Plus she was waving and smiling and talking to people before the race, so I said ok if she is that calm I should be too."

Boldon was very proud of his young charge.

"To be quite honest I am getting way too much credit for her progress. She is that good. She just needed someone to see it, believe In her and stop making her feel like she wasn't good enough compared to other athletes who were better known or higher rated. For me to be able to contribute to what she has done is amazing, because it's so unexpected. I never planned to be here, but I'm glad God put me here, because she has made my year!"

In Thursday's final, American-born St Fort clocked 11.19 seconds, her third T&T under-18 record in the space of nine hours. She clocked 11.39 in the first round, and then bettered her national standard with an 11.24 run in the semis. It took an 11.08 seconds Championship record run from American world youth record holder Candace Hill to deny St Fort the global title.

"Khalifa has been under-appreciated, under-coached, under-valued and under-rated for the past two years, so my surprise is not the times. I told her father she would run 11.2 when we started training last year. In practice I can see she is actually on course to run 11.0. She has had awful luck with no tailwinds at all in any of her big races since she has been ready to roll. The 11.19 was with no wind whatsoever.

"My plan," Boldon declared, "doesn't involve getting her ready for April or May. It involves getting her ready for July and August. The surprise for me was how well she performs under pressure. At 17!? She was up against the fastest girl in history, and her attitude was she will have to run her best race ever to beat me, which is what happened. Candace's time with no wind is superior to her 10.98 with a 2.0."

St Fort's 11.19 scorcher is 14-hundredths of a second faster than the 11.33 IAAF World Championship qualifying standard. Boldon said he wants the talented teen to represent the Red, White and Black at the August 22-30 World Champs in Beijing, China.

"I am going to officially ask Monday that she be sent to Beijing, even though it will be a little complicated with school. I don't think she should go just because of the times she ran and because only Kelly-Ann Baptiste and Michelle-Lee Ahye have run faster. I think she should go because it's an investment in arguably the best young female sprinter we have ever had.

"She is ready," Coach Ato continued, "her confidence is sky high and she is hungry. I had to tell her she could not practice today (Saturday), but we are back to work on Sunday (yesterday). She can run 11.0 with a tailwind and she has nothing to lose and everything to gain by being in Beijing in terms of experience and big stage reps."

Boldon added that St Fort will enhance T&T's chances in the women's 4x100m relay.

"As people saw from Colombia she will not be overwhelmed by the occasion. The women have done well in semi-finals and not so much in finals. I would like to be given a chance to fix that. They'll be medal contenders in Beijing, Khalifa or not, but Khalifa can make that team better. Khalifa on that relay is an investment in the country's future, and the start of ending our Olympic drought on the women's side."

No female athlete from T&T has ever achieved a podium finish at the Olympic Games. Boldon believes that statistic could change at the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

"Next year might be a bit early for an individual Olympic medal (from Khalifa) at 18, but relay definitely. I think Kelly-Ann and Michelle are capable of ending the Olympic female drought individually, but if not, Khalifa is the one, in Tokyo 2020 when she will be 22. I was that age," Boldon ended, "when I ended the drought from 1976-96."

St Fort's silver was T&T's only medal at the 2015 IAAF World Youth Championships. It ended a 10-year drought at the global under-18 meet, and earned the country joint-26th spot on the medal table, with Austria, Norway, Poland and Turkey.

United States finished first with eight gold medals, five silver and six bronze, while Kenya (five gold, four silver, four bronze) and Japan (three gold, one silver, one bronze) were second and third, respectively. Jamaica, with one gold medal, were joint-16th, with Ecuador, Moldova, Romania and Switzerland.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:37:30 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great Interview with Ato Boldon & his Star Athlete Khalifa St. Fort #3 Ranked JR. Athlete in the world in the 100m.

Interview: Ato Boldon with his Star Athlete Khalifa St. Fort #3 Ranked JR. Athlete
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JCoicE2ZZ2g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JCoicE2ZZ2g</a>

PS:
Since the 2015 IAAF World Junior Champs in Cali, Colombia, Khalifa St. Fort's ranking has moved up to #2 in the World. See link: http://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/sprints/100-metres/outdoor/women/youth/2015
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:09:12 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Behind The Scenes With Khalifa St. Fort
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
We talk to Khalifa St. Fort and coach Ato Bolden about their preparations for the Adidas Grand Prix this Saturday.

Behind The Scenes With Khalifa St. Fort
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Psopiajh0SY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Psopiajh0SY</a>

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here are Khalifa's performances in the Semi-final and Final of the 9th IAAF World Youth Championships 2015 in Cali, Colombia.

Sprinting Masterclass Khalifa St Fort 11.24 PR 100m Semi World Youth Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dt-GdbC_As4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dt-GdbC_As4</a>
100 METRES GIRLS SEMI-FINAL
1 1515 Khalifa ST. FORT TTO TTO 11.24 Q CR 0.177
2 1202 Estelle RAFFAI FRA FRA 11.64 Q 0.144
3 1228 Keshia Beverly KWADWO GER GER 11.66 0.208
4 1277 Diana VAISMAN ISR ISR 11.79 0.133
5 1360 Mechaela HYACINTH LCA LCA 11.87 PB 0.189
6 1312 Vanesha PUSEY JAM JAM 11.89 0.189
7 1402 Helene RØNNINGEN NOR NOR 11.94 0.167
8 1038 Ana Carolina AZEVEDO BRA BRA 11.95 0.202

Candace Hill 11.08 CR wins 100m Final Khalifa St Fort 2nd 11.19 PR World Youth Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kdqn_w1Vmc8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Kdqn_w1Vmc8</a>
100 METRES GIRLS FINAL
1 1547 Candace HILL USA USA 11.08 CR 0.164
2 1515 Khalifa ST. FORT TTO TTO 11.19 PB 0.170
3 1551 Jayla KIRKLAND USA USA 11.41 PB 0.191
4 1031 Tristan EVELYN BAR BAR 11.59 0.137
5 1314 Kimone SHAW JAM JAM 11.65 0.174
6 1205 Hannah BRIER GBR GBR 11.66 0.157
7 1202 Estelle RAFFAI FRA FRA 11.73 0.150
8 1228 Keshia Beverly KWADWO GER GER 11.76 0.181
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:25:05 PM by Socapro »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Khalifa St Fort Thread
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »
Khalifa ST. Fort ‏@khalifastfort

http://COULD.NOT.BE .HAPPIER! Got word today that I’m heading to the @iaaforg #Beijing2015 World Championships for #TrinidadandTobago

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Khalifa St Fort "De Real Deal" Thread
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »

http://COULD.NOT.BE .HAPPIER! Got word today that I’m heading to the @iaaforg #Beijing2015 World Championships for #TrinidadandTobago

Wish her a successful career. This is just the beginning. Let us see what her future hold

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »

Wish her a successful career. This is just the beginning. Let us see what her future hold
Wow! Congrats Khalifa and coach Ato for a job well done, so far. 17 yrs and going to the WC. What a dream! God Bless!!!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 08:08:41 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago's Khalifa ST. Fort wins gold in the Women's 100m Final ‪#‎PanAmJrs‬ with a time of 11.31s

https://www.facebook.com/TTOlympicCommittee/photos/a.689083454471461.1073741834.123604181019394/891931737519964/?type=1&theater

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »
A Chance to Vote Online For Khalifa St Fort for 'Florida Girls T&F Athlete Of The Year'

http://fl.milesplit.com/articles/158617-vote-for-florida-girls-tf-athlete-of-the-year

KHALIFA ST. FORT is the new Pan American Junior 100m champion.
Running in lane 4, St. Fort,17, took gold in the Women's 100m Final on Friday in Edmonton, Canada, clocking a time of 11.31, to finish ahead of Aleia Hobbs (11.50) and Teahna Daniels (11.54), both of the USA.

Coached by T&T's four-time Olympian Ato Boldon, it was the second time that the US-born athlete with Trini roots represented Trinidad and Tobago on an international level.
Now, St Fort is a contender to be selected as Florida's girls track and field athlete of the year.

Voting is taking place online and the public has until August 2nd, 2015, to cast their votes.

http://fl.milesplit.com/articles/158617-vote-for-florida-girls-tf-athlete-of-the-year

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 06:19:34 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 11:56:38 AM »
Baptiste hails St Fort
Bright future for T&T in women's sprinting

http://trinidadexpress.com/20150828/sports/baptiste-hails-st-fort

PLENTY POTENTIAL: Khalifa St Fort at the IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia, last month. The Trinidad and Tobago sprinter earned silver in the girls’ 100 metres. —Photos: © Getty Images for IAAF.

BEIJING

The future of female sprinting in Trinidad and Tobago is in good hands.

A glimpse of what lies ahead was provided by Kelly-Ann Baptiste and Michelle-Lee Ahye in Monday's IAAF World Championship women's 100 metres final. There was a time, not long ago, when mere female representation at a major senior global meet was an achievement in itself. Now, for the first time, the country can boast of multiple finalists at the highest level.

Josanne Lucas was the first female T&T medallist at the IAAF World Championships, securing 400 metres hurdles bronze at the 2009 edition of the meet in Berlin, Germany. Baptiste followed up two years later, in Daegu, Korea with a medal of the same colour in the 100m dash.

And in 2015, Ahye joined Baptiste in the championship race, the T&T sprinters finishing fifth and sixth, respectively. Baptiste told the Express she is confident the country can go one better at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and field three women in the century final.

“I really think it could be done. The way we are running right now, in order to make the team, you're going to have to step it up. With that in mind, if we have three women running sub-11, definitely three of us could be in the final.”

Baptiste is the national record holder in the women's 100m at 10.84 seconds, while Ahye is just behind with a 10.85 personal best. Next in the T&T pecking order is Semoy Hackett, whose fastest run in the event is 11.10. She was a 100m semi-finalist here in Beijing, and also reached the penultimate round in the 200m.

Though she is just 17, Khalifa St Fort is fourth fastest of the current crop of T&T sprinters at 11.19 seconds, the clocking she produced in capturing silver at last month's IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia.

Under the guidance of quadruple Olympic medallist Ato Boldon, St Fort lowered her personal best from 11.51 at the start of the 2015 season to 11.19.

Baptiste is very impressed with St Fort, and believes she has a bright future in the sport.

“I don't think she's good just because of the times, but I spent some time around Khalifa and she reminds me of myself. She's a little bit of a perfectionist. She likes to do everything perfect, she wants to get everything right.

“Even though that could be detrimental at times, it helped me to get where I was going because I was so stuck on doing everything right and having everything perfect. Khalifa's attitude is going to get her really far. She has already done great to be running 11.19 at 17 years old. That's a big accomplishment.”

St Fort, who followed up on World Youth silver with Pan American Junior Championship gold in 11.31 seconds, is part of T&T's women's 4x100m squad here in Beijing. Five of the six women in the relay pool are in the top ten on the all-time T&T performance list, and seven of the top ten are active sprinters.

Baptiste (10.84) and Ahye (10.85) are first and second, respectively, while Hackett (11.10) is fourth, just behind Angela Williams (11.09) who represented T&T in the 1980s and 90s. Another retired sprinter, Fana Ashby (11.12) is fifth. St Fort (11.19) is currently in sixth spot but, all things being equal, will surely be moving up.

Kai Selvon (11.21) is seventh. She is just 23 but had injury problems this season and is not at the World Championships. Selvon is expected to challenge for a spot on the T&T team for next year's Rio Olympics.

Reyare Thomas (11.22), who reached the 200m semi-finals at the 2015 World Champs, is joint eighth with Lou Ann Williams. Rounding off the top ten is Ayanna Hutchinson (11.26), who recently struck 100m gold at the World Masters Athletics Championships in France.

Baptiste said she is thrilled about the country's strength in depth.

“And now with Khalifa coming up, women's sprinting in Trinidad and Tobago is really stepping it up a notch. I'm excited for what the future has to offer. And it's good to know that whenever I decide to come out the sport there's always going to be others behind me who are running at a very elite level.”

Baptiste, Ahye, Hackett, St Fort, Thomas and Kamaria Durant are the women in the Beijing 2015 relay pool. At 12.08 this morning (TT time), T&T will run in the second of two heats. United States, Ukraine and Netherlands are three of their opponents in the race. Baptiste, Ahye, Thomas and St Fort, running in that order, are expected to be the four for the qualifying round, with Hackett coming in for St Fort if they advance to the final, scheduled for 8.45 this morning.

After press time, last night, T&T competed in the second of two men's 4x400m qualifying heats. The final is at 8.25 tomorrow (Sunday) morning.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:08:03 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »

Socapro do not be quick to edit my post. Nothing is wrong with it.. We will have the same issues again

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 02:42:26 PM »

Socapro do not be quick to edit my post. Nothing is wrong with it.. We will have the same issues again

You are really an attention seeker. I did not edit your above post.

You remind me of an old grumpy widow who has nothing else left to do in life but to complain about imaginary stuff that hasn't happened.

PS:
Next time you make another childish post begging for my attention I will delete your attention seeking post to really give you something to complain about.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Watch Khalifa St. Fort anchor T&T women's 4x100m relay team into finals:

USA 42.00, TTO 42.24Q, NED 42.32Q; Women 4x100m Heat 2 IAAF World Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tKwSOv_btnM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tKwSOv_btnM</a>
Team TTO running order: Kelly-Ann Baptiste, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Reyare Thomas and Khalifa St.Fort

Legs assessment: Strong 1st leg from Baptiste; Strong 2nd leg from Ahye; Decent 3rd leg from Thomas but she needs to get up to speed quicker so that we don't lose any ground when collecting baton from Ahye in the Final; Good 4th leg from St.Fort and she will be even faster next year!

WCH 2015 Beijing - Team Trinidad and Tobago 4x100m Relay Women Heat 2
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fv090sA2hg4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Fv090sA2hg4</a>
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:49:48 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 02:50:52 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wYYgPluQhAg#t=15" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wYYgPluQhAg#t=15</a>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 03:29:08 PM by Socapro »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
Khalifa had immense support from TNT (and in here) despite her coach being a known troublemaker and deviant.

Khalifa St. Fort's 2015 season by the numbers:

100m PRs of 11.43, 11.39, 11.24, 11.19 (only 11.43 had a tailwind)

11.19 makes her #8 all-time under-18 100m

TnT junior 100m champion

TnT youth 100m record 11.19

World Youth 100m Silver

Pan Am Junior Games 100m Gold

Her Beijing 2015 World Championship bronze created significant history:

Part of the 1st female TTO relay medal at Worlds or Olympics ever
Youngest medalist at the 2015 World Championships
First and only US high school athlete to medal at Worlds
Youngest female sprint medalist in World Championship history

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:53:26 PM by A.B. »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 07:06:29 PM »
Nice one Ato, you are doing a great job.

We are looking for at least 3 of our TTO female sprinters to be in sub-11 form next year in time for Rio and possibly even 4 if both Khalifa and Semoy can go sub-11 to join KAB and MLA.

Btw I see that Team TTO is listed for the 4x100m Relay in Zurich tomorrow.
Link: http://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/timetable-entries/programme-2015/#contentTabFrame#/live/sports/at/at/js/mappings/disciplines/disciplineRoot#DisciplineInit#Zurich2015_TIMING_ATWA01101_json

Start list
4x100m Relay Women

Lane Name Nat

1 Switzerland U23 SUI
2 Norway NOR
3 Canada CAN
4 United States of America USA
5 Jamaica JAM
6 Switzerland SUI
7 Trinidad & Tobago TTO
8 Italy ITA

Seeing that you are one of our relay team coaches can you confirm if Khalifa in the TTO relay squad in Zurich?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 03:28:56 AM by Socapro »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 02:20:30 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wYYgPluQhAg#t=15" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wYYgPluQhAg#t=15</a>

Boom!!!!

Bess compilation!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 05:08:36 AM »
Thanks.

That relay is news to me, I heard about it a few days ago. Not sure of the personnel there besides KAB.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 05:31:21 AM »
Thanks.

That relay is news to me, I heard about it a few days ago. Not sure of the personnel there besides KAB.

Well I know for sure that MLA, KAB and Reyare Thomas are all competing in the 100m at this Zurich DL Meet later today so I will assume that they are also going to be in the TTO 4x100m women's relay team.
I suspect that Semoy Hackett is the 4th person in the TTO 4x1 relay team which will mean it’s the same team which ran in the World Champs 4x1 Final and won bronze with the help of Khalifa in the 4x1 Heats.
Should be interesting to see how they match up against the USA and JA the 2nd time round within the same month. I think that team should be capable of a 42 flat clocking if they perform at their best.
Hopefully they can execute what you drilled them in while you were with them in Beijing.

Here are the links to their individual 100m DL races in Zurich today.

http://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/timetable-entries/programme-2015/#contentTabFrame#/live/sports/at/at/js/mappings/disciplines/disciplineRoot#DisciplineInit#Zurich2015_TIMING_ATWP01101_json

Start List
100m Women - Heat B

Lane Name Nat Date of Birth PB SB Result Rank

1 THOMAS Reyare TTO 23 NOV 1987 11.22 11.22
2 BINGHAM Khamica CAN 15 JUN 1994 11.13 11.13
3 STEWART Kerron JAM 16 APR 1984 10.75 11.17
4 PIERRE Barbara USA 28 APR 1987 10.85 10.92
5 THOMPSON Elaine JAM 28 JUN 1992 10.84 10.84
6 TARMOH Jeneba USA 27 SEP 1989 10.93 10.93
7 SIMPSON Sherone JAM 12 AUG 1984 10.82 10.95
8 OKPARAEBO Ezinne NOR 3 MAR 1988 11.10 11.12
9 EMMANUEL Crystal CAN 27 NOV 1991 11.27 11.27

http://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/timetable-entries/programme-2015/#contentTabFrame#/live/sports/at/at/js/mappings/disciplines/disciplineRoot#DisciplineInit#Zurich2015_TIMING_ATW001101_json

Start List
100m Women - Diamond race

Lane Name Nat Date of Birth PB SB Diamond Points Diamond Ranking Result Rank

1 MCGRONE Candyce USA 24 MAR 1989 11.00 11.00
2 BAPTISTE Kelly-Ann TTO 14 OCT 1986 10.83 10.84
3 AHYE Michelle-Lee TTO 10 APR 1992 10.85 10.97 1 5

4 FRASER-PRYCE Shelly-Ann JAM 27 DEC 1986 10.70 10.74 12 1
5 BOWIE Tori USA 27 AUG 1990 10.80 10.81 5 3
6 CAMPBELL-BROWN Veronica JAM 15 MAY 1982 10.76 10.89 2 4
7 OKAGBARE-IGHOTEGUONOR Blessing NGR 9 OCT 1988 10.79 10.80 8 2
8 KAMBUNDJI Mujinga SUI 17 JUN 1992 11.07 11.07
9 MORRISON Natasha JAM 17 NOV 1992 10.96 10.96 1 5
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:39:21 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 07:17:08 AM »
Khalifa had immense support from TNT (and in here) despite her coach being a known troublemaker and deviant.

Khalifa St. Fort's 2015 season by the numbers:

100m PRs of 11.43, 11.39, 11.24, 11.19 (only 11.43 had a tailwind)

11.19 makes her #8 all-time under-18 100m

TnT junior 100m champion

TnT youth 100m record 11.19

World Youth 100m Silver

Pan Am Junior Games 100m Gold

Her Beijing 2015 World Championship bronze created significant history:

Part of the 1st female TTO relay medal at Worlds or Olympics ever
Youngest medalist at the 2015 World Championships
First and only US high school athlete to medal at Worlds
Youngest female sprint medalist in World Championship history

I want to say Congrats to you for coaching the 4x100 team into a medal winning performance in Beijing  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 08:09:27 AM »
Congrats, Ato. You did a fine job with Miss Pepsodent Smile!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »
It appears the TT women came 3rd in the relay behind JA and U.S. Same team as the WC.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Meet Khalifa St. Fort, First U.S. High Schooler To Medal At Senior Worlds
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 08:21:18 PM »
Meet Khalifa St. Fort, First U.S. High Schooler To Medal At Senior Worlds
By JOHANNA GRETSCHEL (MileSplit.com)
Sep 7, 2015

The best "What I Did Over My Summer Vacation" essay at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Florida probably comes from Khalifa St. Fort. The senior represented Trinidad and Tobago in three separate international track and field championships over the summer break, highlighted by a bronze medal in the 4x100m at the senior level IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China. The 17-year-old is the youngest female sprinter in history to medal at a senior-level world championship and the first U.S.-based high schooler to do so. We caught up with the track star about adjusting to different time zones, competing against the pros and her plan for the fall. Oh, yeah, and she's a fan of the Quan.

Khalifa By The Numbers

CHAMPIONSHIP   LOCALE   EVENT   MEDAL

Pan-American Juniors   Edmonton, Canada   100m   Gold
IAAF World Youth   Cali, Colombia   100m   Silver
IAAF World Seniors   Beijing, China   4x100m Relay   Bronze
EVENT   PR
100m   11.19
200M   23.55 (+2.0)

MileSplit: You raced in three different international track events ­ the World Youth Championships, Pan­American Junior Championships and IAAF World Championships (senior level). What were the differences between each event and how did each prepare you for the next one?

Khalifa:
The differences were at the Pan­American Jrs.and World Youth I was competing with athletes close to my age while at the World Championships I competed against all of my idols and all the professional athletes I look up to.

What was the biggest highlight of the summer for you?

The highlight of my summer was competing in the 4x100 for Trinidad & Tobago at the IAAF World Championships and receiving Bronze.

Describe the difference between the IAAF Worlds on the Youth and Senior levels. Did Youths prepare you for the senior Worlds?

Yes, World Youth did prepare me for the World Championships, the only difference was the age of the competitors and of course it was one of the biggest stages I had ever performed on.

How does it feel to be the youngest female sprint medalist in the history of Worlds?

It feels amazing and it is a humbling experience. I am happy I was able to contribute to the Trinidad & Tobago team.

How did it feel to break the Trinidad and Tobago national record?

It was an amazing experience I had so much fun. It was not unexpected but it was great to have competed with such a great group of athletes.

How much do you identify with Trinidad and Tobago? Do you see yourself trying out for the US national team one day?

I identify with the Trinidad and Tobago team extremely well and I do not see myself trying out for a US team. I love Trinidad and Tobago as well as my teammates.

What were the biggest differences in your everyday routine in Colombia and China as compared to the United States?

The biggest differences were not seeing my parents everyday and constantly being on the go.

What was the biggest surprise about Cali, Colombia/Edmonton, Canada/Beijing,China? Which city was your favorite?

My favorite was Beijing, China. I had amazing chemistry with my teammates and stayed in a hotel with all my idols.

What was the biggest challenge while competing abroad?

The biggest challenge was adjusting to the sleep schedules.

How was your first day of school? Can you describe your travel schedule back to the United States? Did you get any sleep?!

My first day of school was great. I landed 11:45 pm and had school the next morning and I surprisingly slept well. The traveling was not too bad because I slept through most of it.

What is the biggest adjustment for you as you return to school and the normal routine?

The biggest adjustment would have to be the sleeping. I am excited to be back at school and going back to my normal routine.

Where does your training go from here? Are you on a break?

Yes, as of now I am on a break and I will not resume training for a while. My coach believes in having the adequate amount of rest in order for me to progress next season.

You wrote that when you first began training with Ato, he said, 'you have to earn the right to run on the track' and you trained exclusively on the grass. What was the turnaround moment when you 'earned the right' to train on the track?

The turnaround moment was when my drills and form improved. When I fully accepted his philosophy, he decided, 'it is time for you to put it all together.'

What did that moment mean to you?

That moment meant a lot to me and I was very excited. Coach Ato made sure I understood that just because we moved to the track it did not mean my technique should change.

What are your thoughts on Candace Hill and her national record of 10.98 this year?

I think Candace Hill is a phenomenal athlete but an even better person. My encounters with her have always been positive and I was able to get to know her when we both attended the 2015 Nike Elite Camp.

You have already surpassed the Olympic standard for the 100m [11.32] with your PR of 11.19. Did you have any thoughts of competing at the senior level World Championships this summer? Why did you choose to compete at World Youth instead?

In Order for me to compete at the World Championships I had to run 11.33 or better. World Youth was always the plan and the World Championships was an added bonus.

Do you have any thoughts of turning professional before you graduate from high school?

I have not thought about it. My main focus is training next year for Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Trials, Rio 2016, as well as World Jrs.

How does competing against strictly HS competition compare to racing against and with professionals?

HS athletes as well as professional athletes are all great competitors but racing against the professionals is a great learning experience. I was able to observe how the professional eat, warm­up, and go about their daily lives.

What are your goals for your senior year?

My goals for my senior year are to gain a 5.0 GPA at least for one quarter, Run sub 11 in the 100 meters, sub 23 in the 200, and qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics.

Fun Stuff!

The Quan or the Nae Nae?
The Quan

Weirdest foreign food you tried this summer: I kept my diet the same

Best part of being a senior at St. Thomas Aquinas: Hopefully getting an opportunity to run for my school for one more year

What colleges are you looking at? UCLA,USC,Brown and Stanford

If you could have dinner with any 3 people, dead or alive, who would you choose and why? Flo­ Jo because she was a phenomenal athlete that I never got the chance to meet, Shelly­-Ann Fraser­Pryce because of her great personality and Usain Bolt because he is the fastest man in the world.

Favorite athlete (of any sport): Shelly­-Ann Fraser­-Pryce

Johanna Gretschel can be reached at jojo@flosports.tv.

Click to view interview after World Champs with Khalifa: http://highschool.runnerspace.com/gprofile.php?mgroup_id=89&do=videos&video_id=154737

Click to view interview after World Champs with Ato: http://highschool.runnerspace.com/gprofile.php?mgroup_id=89&do=videos&video_id=154739
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:24:42 PM by Socapro »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 09:40:57 PM »
Ryan Bachoo talked to Ato Boldon about Khalifa St Fort

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153687061432996/

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Khalifa St. Fort Signs With UCLA!
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2015, 04:45:24 PM »
Khalifa St. Fort Signs With UCLA!
College Signing 2015-2016

By JOHANNA GRETSCHEL (MileSplit.com)
Nov 12, 2015

Khalifa St. Fort right after signing for UCLA College 2015-2016

Khalifa St. Fort, the nation's top female sprint recruit in the Class of 2016, signed with UCLA on Thursday evening. The move comes under the thoughtful guidance of her coach, Ato Boldon, who is an alumnus of the program and four-time Olympic medal winner for Trinidad and Tobago.

She chose UCLA over USC, Brown and Stanford.

The Florida-based St. Fort also competes for Trinidad and Tobago. The 17-year-old became the youngest female sprinter in history and first U.S.-based high schooler to medal at the senior-level world championships this past summer when she earned a bronze medal for her efforts in the 4x100-meter trials this past summer at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China. St. Fort also won gold in the 100 meters at the Pan-American Junior Athletics Championships in Edmonton, Canada and silver at the IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia, behind only national high school record holder Candace Hill. St. Fort ran her personal best of 11.19 in the finals in Colombia. Her personal best in the 200 meters is 23.50.

St. Fort's plans for 2016 include qualifying for the Olympic Games.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:23:35 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 08:39:56 AM »
That is a no brainer!!! Congrats, Blessings and all the Success.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
St Fort cop Youth Award
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 09:24:12 PM »
Khalifa St Fort wins First Citizens Youth Female athlete of the year

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160130/sports/thompson-st-fort-cop-youth-awards

Thompson, St Fort cop Youth Awards*
By Mark Pouchet, mark.pouchet@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Jan 30, 2016, 8:29 pm AST (T&T Express)

Top Junior female sprinter Khalifa St Fort and Carifta standout Jeron Thompson doubled up on their awards when they added the First Citizens Youth Female and Male awards respectively to their trophy cabinet.
Exactly one month ago, the pair collected the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) Junior Female and Male awards at the TTOC’s end-of-year awards ceremony.

Friday night at the First Citizens Youth Awards at Hyatt Regency, they were again bestowed with the top junior awards after the 43 nominees had been whittled down to a field of the top 12 athletes.
St Fort (track and field) and Thompson (swimming) emerged from the group of 12 that included Tyler Cole and Kollyn St George (cycling), Sachin Kumar and Ysabelle Lawrence (golf), Christian Marsden and Amira Pilgrim (swimming), Gabrielle Wood (judo), Salisha Rahim (powerlifting) and Aaron Wilson (table tennis).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:49:02 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Junior Sportswoman of the Year Khalifa St Fort aims for more in 2016
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
‘Happy to represent Trinidad’
Junior Sportswoman of the Year Khalifa St Fort aims for more in 2016

By Sean Taylor, sean.taylor@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Jan 2, 2016, 7:47 pm AST (T&T Express)

Winning SMILE: Khalifa St Fort is elated after receiving her TTOC Sportswoman of the Year award on Tuesday evening, at the Port of Spain Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency hotel in Port of Spain.
The sprinter set a national record when she took silver at the IAAF World Youth Games, clocking 11.19 seconds. —Photo: Curtis Chase

Khalifa St Fort certainly enjoyed a breakthrough year in 2015, which culminated in her winning the 2015 Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee (TTOC) Junior Sportswoman of the Year award, at a ceremony held at the Port of Spain Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Port of Spain, last Tuesday.

The young sprinter who turns 18 in February, burst onto the scene this year when she captured silver at the IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia, in July.

She streaked to an 11.19-second finish in the 100-metre final, which set a national Under-18 record in the process; a time which not only has turned heads locally but has raised hopes of her breaking into this year’s Olympic team.

The athlete who always sports a wide grin, said she had a lot of confidence coming into 2016, partic­ularly with local sprint legend Ato Boldon’s guidance.

“I 100 per cent have confidence in myself, as well as my coach and my parents,” she said. “They would not put me in any predicament that I cannot handle, and I feel that he (Boldon) has mentally and physically prepared me for every race.”

St Fort was elated to be able to represent T&T and was even more happy with her award.

“Winning this award tonight motivates me to do well in Rio 2016,” she said. “Last season was absolutely amazing, I had a great time and I’m very honoured to represent Tri­nidad and Tobago.”

The youngster, who was born in the US to a Trinidadian mother, intends to train hard in her push towards the Games in Rio de Janeiro this year.

“The plan is to train hard and to of course avoid injury, and just work hard so I can do well in trials so I can represent Trinidad in 2016 at the Rio Olympics.”
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:06:08 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »
Congrats Khalifa!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
St Fort headlines Carifta trials
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2016, 07:40:40 PM »
St Fort headlines Carifta trials
By Kwame Laurence kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Published on Mar 3, 2016, 6:52 pm AST (T&T Express)

WORLD YOUTH SILVER MEDALLIST: Khalifa St Fort

Khalifa St Fort will be the headline act at this weekend's Carifta tri­als, at the Hasely Craw­ford Stadium, Port of Spain.

St Fort made a huge impact in 2015, earning the 100-metres silver at the IAAF World Youth Championships in Cali, Colombia. The meet was the US-born sprinter's first in Trinidad and Tobago colours. She followed up with the 100m gold at the Pan Ameri­can Junior Championships in Edmonton, Canada.

At the IAAF World Championships in Beijing, China, St Fort held her own among the se­niors, the Florida-based teenager anchoring the T&T women's 4x100m team to second spot in their qualifying heat, in a national record time of 42.24 seconds. St Fort made way for Semoy Hackett in the final. T&T finished third in the championship race in 42.03 seconds, impro­ving on the national record, and St Fort was presented with a bronze medal for her role in the qualifying race.

St Fort is coached by quadruple Olympic medallist Ato Boldon. Another US-born sprin­ter in the Boldon camp, Sarah Wollaston, is also expected to compete at the Carifta trials. Like St Fort, Wollaston's mother is Trinidadian.

Akanni Hislop, who captured the Boys Under-18 200m gold and 100m silver at last year's Carifta Games in St Kitts and Nevis, will be on show this weekend in the Under-20 sprints.

Also seeing action at the Crawford Stadium will be reigning Carifta champions Andwuelle Wright, Tyriq Horsford and Isaiah Taylor. Wright is hoping to make a successful defence of his Boys Under-20 long jump title. Horsford will bid to repeat as the Boys Under-18 javelin champion. And Taylor, who captured the Boys Under-18 shot put gold last year, steps up to the Under-20 age group.

Featuring at the trials as well will be quarter-miler Jacob St Clair, hurdler Jeminise Parris, jumpers Che Richards and Clement Campbell, and throwers Chelsea James and Akidah Briggs.

Athletes from Curacao, Dominica and St Vincent and the Grenadines will also be in action on the weekend.

The trials will be contested from 10 a.m. tomorrow and Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:44:40 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>