March 28, 2024, 04:40:26 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)  (Read 66896 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Guatemala Game (2-Sept-2016)
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2016, 01:19:00 AM »
WATCH: Hart announces T&T 24-man roster for World Cup Qualifiers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-INeR1PR8vY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-INeR1PR8vY</a>

So Monday it will be made official... That's good news for us and Bostock...

I will say this, pound for pound we have one of the most talented teams in concacaf besides Mexico..

I'm hoping for us to go in the top 3 of the hex..

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2016, 07:55:40 AM »
Good going Hartie.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2016, 08:08:16 AM »
So the Bostock situation is still up in the air. On one hand Harte sounds confident. On the other, he chooses his words wisely i.e. "the situation will be resolved by Monday". Nothing carved in stone as yet. But the positive to take is that it was a matter of timing. People were on vacation, etc.. If Harte said that Fifa and the English FA were still mulling over the issue, it would have been a negative thing to hear.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:45:31 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
It will be interesting to see the composition of that final back 4.

I have a preference for Bateau, Mitchell, Williams and David in that order. Haven't seen Mitchell for over a year though but he was our best defender for a couple years, very quick and strong in the tackle.

Marshall is good on the ball but him and Abu Bakr lack a bit of foot speed. Bakr likes to leave his feet too early for me but is second to Bateau in the air. Cyrus is least preferred for me, great talent but loses concentration at times on the right. Hart likes him though.

We have tried a few combinations in that central defense. I think that is one area where we have to establish that pair for the hex. In the 2006 run there was never a doubt who was starting at CB. I do like the depth that any of 6 called up can play CB .
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2016, 11:48:48 AM »
I find Mitchell can be a little wild at times but other than that I like him as a defender. Not currently a fan of Cyrus, but people who know better than I do seem to like him. We'll see who SH decides to play. Like the idea of David and Williams as the fullbacks.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »
WATCH: Hart announces T&T 24-man roster for World Cup Qualifiers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-INeR1PR8vY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-INeR1PR8vY</a>

Thank you  :beermug:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »
Ticket in hand!!  I eeeeennnnn!!!!......kudos to whoever thought of using the Lotto booths as a source of purchasing tickets.....real convenient......as someone posted earlier, I don't know why we can't keep them....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »
Ticket in hand!!  I eeeeennnnn!!!!......kudos to whoever thought of using the Lotto booths as a source of purchasing tickets.....real convenient......as someone posted earlier, I don't know why we can't keep them....
Tobago or Trinidad? Which lotto booth?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2016, 08:09:57 PM »
Tobago or Trinidad? Which lotto booth?
I imagine it would be all of them...the system is networked
I pity the fool....

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2016, 08:33:33 PM »
Some places in Tobago say they haven't got any as yet

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cyrus, Hector ready for Guatemala
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »
Cyrus, Hector ready for Guatemala
TTFA Media

Two of this country’s home-based professionals, Daneil Cyrus and Hughtun Hector are holding their guards for Guatemala but are confident that the “Red Army” can pull off the desired result on September 2nd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium that will push Trinidad and Tobago through to the Concacaf hexagonal stage for the 2018 Word Cup Finals in Russia.

The duo got valuable playing time for W Connection in their Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League 1-1 draw with Honduras Progreso at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Thursday night. T&T head coach Stephen Hart was in attendance along with TTFA President David John-Williams and both men would have been pretty happy that the two players put in a decent effort and came out injury free from the encounter before joining the rest of the team on Sunday for a live-in training camp.

“It was a good match for both of us a week away from the big one against Guatemala,” Hector told TTFA Media.

“Playing against Central American teams can always be a tricky affair and this game came at a good time for us. I haven’t played against Guatemala in a while because of the injury but I know the squad that we have in place for this match has all the power to defeat them on Friday. They will be coming hard at us but we are more hungry for the result because we know it is an important game for us,” Hector added.

“I think all the players are ready. Kenwyne is back home and has been getting himself ready and myself and Cyrus have been working very hard to have ourselves in good shape. Once we all come together everything will fall in place nicely for this game but we are ensuring that we take no chances,” said Hector who has 36 international appearances.

Cyrus knows what it takes to defeat the Guatemalans having played against them twice in his 56 international appearances and those two outings saw T&T come out on top 3-1 at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup and in last November’s World Cup qualifier in Guatemala City.

“We won the two games but they were no push overs. In the Gold Cup we had a great start with the goals by Sheldon (Bateau), Cato (Cordell) and Joevin (Jones) and then we had to really stand up strongly to them in the last qualifier,” Cyrus said.

“But on Friday I think they will come with a kind of revenge mood and we have to be ready for it. Once we do the right things and we don’t allow them to settle down then we will take care of the match and then be able to look ahead to the Hex,” Cyrus added.

“Our defenders will up for it and I am sure the rest of the squad will be looking to get it together. It is important for us as a team and a country to progress in these qualifiers.”

The Guatemalan side, captained by Carlos Ruiz, arrives in Port of Spain on Sunday to prepare for the match. Tickets for the encounter are on sale at Lotto locations nationwide priced at $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2016, 08:09:41 AM »
WATCH: The 24-man squad named for our World Cup Qualifiers against Guatemala and United States.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xbhjvQYyfIo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xbhjvQYyfIo</a>

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2016, 09:51:54 AM »
Apparently the Guatemalans plan to play a 442 diamond with a deep backline. Same formation they played against Panama.

Would mean they would be narrow in the middle and give up the wings. Would be great to get some crosses and means our wing play would be important. Thats already one of our strengths.

I wonder what formation hart will use to counter and what personnel.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:56:04 AM by Trin »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2016, 12:34:59 PM »
Apparently the Guatemalans plan to play a 442 diamond with a deep backline. Same formation they played against Panama.

Would mean they would be narrow in the middle and give up the wings. Would be great to get some crosses and means our wing play would be important. Thats already one of our strengths.

I'm sure it will be 4-2-3-1

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2016, 02:04:40 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/x7QqHGjWflw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/x7QqHGjWflw</a>

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2016, 02:35:38 PM »

I'm sure it will be 4-2-3-1

I agree, the other option is 352 and we don't have the personnel for that. Who starts in midfield?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »
i don't see Aubrey on in the Dallas vs Houston game and wondering if the Warriors start training already or Aubrey didn't make the team.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2016, 09:09:50 PM »
Some places in Tobago say they haven't got any as yet

uuuuuummmm.......hhhhhhmmmm....*sigh*  I got mine in Point Fortin.....just chose a random Lotto booth and walk in and got the tickets......I eh understand why that can't happen in Tobago.......*sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Garcia coming off strong preseason for Guatemala affair
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2016, 06:25:10 AM »
TTFA Media

It’s been just over six months since Levi Garcia made his senior international debut for Trinidad and Tobago which he marked with a match-winning double to lead the “Warriors” to a come from behind 3-2 victory over St Vincent and the Grenadines at Arnos Vale. And the 18-year-old from Santa Flora, now a seasoned pro in the Dutch Eredivisie is hoping to again bring his a-game for Guatemala on September 2nd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The game, similar to the one in March, is another one in which The Red Army need a result to keep their qualifying hopes alive as a point will push T&T through to the hexagonal final stage while a victory will keep them on course for finishing the semi-final group on top of the pack heading into the closing fixture against the United States on September 6th in Jacksonville, Florida.

“It’s going to be a big occasion for us and I am seeing a tough game as well for us on Friday,” Garcia told TTFA Media “But we will be ready for it. We have an amazing team spirit and a great squad that will pull us through.

“I have not played against Guatemala before but I have seen the games and I know the Central American style so I expect they will come all out and try to stamp their authority. But we have shown that we are capable of putting them on the back foot which is exactly what we will need to do. Once we settle in early and we make sure to avoid any silly mistakes then the game will be ours,” Garcia said.

Garcia has played in all three of AZ Alkmaar’s matches so far this season and is expected to feature for them on Sunday before arriving in Port of Spain on Tuesday to join the T&T team. He also scored three goals for the club in their preseason campaign.

“I had a strong preseason and we’ve already played three games in the new season. I feel really good at the moment. I’m just very excited as always to meet up with my national teammates for these two World Cup qualifiers,” he added.

The T&T team enters a live-in camp on Sunday while the Guatemalans arrive in Port of Spain via Panama City on a Copa Airlines flight at 4:30pm.

T&T head coach Stephen Hart will begin his full preparation on Monday with the majority of the squad.

“We have a some of the players coming in on Monday and Tuesday but we’ll start some work with those that are here on Sunday evening. The important thing will be to have everyone here healthy and ready for the match. It’s nothing new to us in terms of having a full squad in maybe three to four days before a match. We’ll focus on what we need to do and manage our preparations in relation to Friday’s match in a fully concentrated mode,” Hart said.

Tickets for Friday’s match remain on sale at Lotto locations nationwide and are priced at $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered). Gates open at 4pm on Friday ahead of the 7:06pm kick off.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2016, 10:33:47 AM »
TTFA Media

It’s been just over six months since Levi Garcia made his senior international debut for Trinidad and Tobago which he marked with a match-winning double to lead the “Warriors” to a come from behind 3-2 victory over St Vincent and the Grenadines at Arnos Vale. And the 18-year-old from Santa Flora, now a seasoned pro in the Dutch Eredivisie is hoping to again bring his a-game for Guatemala on September 2nd at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The game, similar to the one in March, is another one in which The Red Army need a result to keep their qualifying hopes alive as a point will push T&T through to the hexagonal final stage while a victory will keep them on course for finishing the semi-final group on top of the pack heading into the closing fixture against the United States on September 6th in Jacksonville, Florida.

“It’s going to be a big occasion for us and I am seeing a tough game as well for us on Friday,” Garcia told TTFA Media “But we will be ready for it. We have an amazing team spirit and a great squad that will pull us through.

“I have not played against Guatemala before but I have seen the games and I know the Central American style so I expect they will come all out and try to stamp their authority. But we have shown that we are capable of putting them on the back foot which is exactly what we will need to do. Once we settle in early and we make sure to avoid any silly mistakes then the game will be ours,” Garcia said.

Garcia has played in all three of AZ Alkmaar’s matches so far this season and is expected to feature for them on Sunday before arriving in Port of Spain on Tuesday to join the T&T team. He also scored three goals for the club in their preseason campaign.

“I had a strong preseason and we’ve already played three games in the new season. I feel really good at the moment. I’m just very excited as always to meet up with my national teammates for these two World Cup qualifiers,” he added.

The T&T team enters a live-in camp on Sunday while the Guatemalans arrive in Port of Spain via Panama City on a Copa Airlines flight at 4:30pm.

T&T head coach Stephen Hart will begin his full preparation on Monday with the majority of the squad.

“We have a some of the players coming in on Monday and Tuesday but we’ll start some work with those that are here on Sunday evening. The important thing will be to have everyone here healthy and ready for the match. It’s nothing new to us in terms of having a full squad in maybe three to four days before a match. We’ll focus on what we need to do and manage our preparations in relation to Friday’s match in a fully concentrated mode,” Hart said.

Tickets for Friday’s match remain on sale at Lotto locations nationwide and are priced at $300 (covered) and $150 (uncovered). Gates open at 4pm on Friday ahead of the 7:06pm kick off.

haha! fellaz we have to come up with a better one than this fast to give TTFF for free.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2016, 11:31:59 AM »
Kenwyne is
TTFA Media

haha! fellaz we have to come up with a better one than this fast to give TTFF for free.

The skipper is call the team the 868 battalion
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2016, 06:45:53 AM »
Read a couple reports that training sessions starting from today at the HCS. A lot of rain in west T&T over the last 48 hours with more in the forecast, there may be a switching of training venues to preserve the surface.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones: We are fired up for Guatemala
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2016, 09:12:03 AM »
Kenwyne Jones: We are fired up for Guatemala
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago skipper Kenwyne Jones says his fitness level is on point and he’s raring to lead the national team in Friday’s World Cup qualifier against Guatemala, also issuing a signal to local fans to not wait until the team is nearing qualifying before getting on board the “Road to Russia” campaign.

Jones was speaking on Saturday as he looked ahead to the start of a live-in training camp today (Sunday) with the Trinidad and Tobago  24-man squad ahead of Friday’s encounter which kicks off at 7:06pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Both he and head coach Stephen Hart issued rallying calls as the “Red Army” attempts to secure its passage through the Concacaf hexagonal stage which commences in November.

“Don’t wait ’till we qualify. The team has been doing well for the past three and a half years, making steady progress and I believe we been giving a product for the nation to be proud of. This is a big game  just like those  of ’89 and the 2006 games,” Jones said on I95.5 FM on Saturday night. “The ticket cost is less than that of a boat ride so there is no excuse for fans not to fill the stadium.”

The current Central FC player who has played for teams such as Stoke City, Sunderland, Southampton and Cardiff City, made it clear that his T&T troops know very well what their mission is.

“I’ve already had that conversation with them (players) so they know what they rewards can be. We know that we have a lot of work to do and a long way to go still before we qualify (for the World Cup). Even though we have done so well in the group, no game is an easy game and we expect to always have a fight on our hands. I think the team is well prepared to go through the all the ups and downs as a team. We have matured over some time as a unit and I am quite confident in my group,” Jones said.

And Guatemala will be no exception when it comes to feeling the wrath of the “Warriors” particularly on home turf.

“We also have some fire in our bellies. In some way we have a recompense for Guatemala … for the way we were treated in Guatemala. Yes we know it’s all part of football but we are fired up for Friday,” Jones stated.

For the first time since 2004 when he joined Southampton from W Connection, Jones is not joining the national team camp for a World Cup qualifier following an overseas trip. His loan deal with Central FC meant that the big forward did not have to undergo long hours of flying from Europe.

“Of course there is going to be a difference but at the same time I haven’t been training with the national team so this week is still very important in terms of us coming together as a team again. I am fit but who knows, you don’t know what a game will call for. I have the advantage of not traveling long hours anymore to come to play but there is still the preparation to be done before the match.

“The fact that I am still here and playing is the most satisfying aspect of my career.Sometimes even though you still have the age and form, because of the direction of a team, things change and I’m happy that I was given the opportunity to be here still and given the opportunity to lead the team and hopefully that can continue,” Jones added when asked about his most satisfying aspect of his career to date.

Hart will begin his sessions on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium while Guatemala will undergo their sessions at the Larry Gomes Stadium before their one-hour session at the match venue on Thursday.

The National Head Coach also issued a call for the 12th Warrior support on Friday.

“It has always seems to be the one one missing element in our football and in our psyche… our set up in general,” Hart said.

“We have a tendency to like it only when things go well. It’s real life, you have good times, bad times and times when you need to to fight. And when you really suffer to get the result and then you get the result, the joy that comes from achieving that is something that personally drives me. The support of the people… we can’t say enough of how important that is,” Hart said.

Tickets are available at Lotto locations nationwide at $300 (covered) and $150 (covered). Gates at the stadium open at 4pm on Friday. Tickets will not be on sale at the match venue on Friday but once in stock, will be available at the nearest Lotto locations.

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2016, 09:13:39 AM »
Hi , ANY updates on training times and venues ?

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
Any update on Bostock? Supposed to be resolved today.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »

That is the million dollar question. It's 4pm est. Hence, we should've learned by now. I'm sensing another roadblock or something. I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2016, 02:35:13 PM »

That is the million dollar question. It's 4pm est. Hence, we should've learned by now. I'm sensing another roadblock or something. I hope I'm wrong.

According to his tweet, John Bostock will be unavailable for the World Cup Qualifiers against Guatemala and the United States.
https://twitter.com/johnjbostock/status/770344718198829056

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2016, 02:41:29 PM »
 :bs: >:( :cursing: ??? :frustrated: :pissedoff: :yellowcard: :banginghead: :arguing: :shameonyou: :puking: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :violin: :waiting: :busshead:

1]; } ?>