March 28, 2024, 04:30:07 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (25-Mar-2016)  (Read 42484 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (25-Mar-2016)
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 09:36:13 PM »
Playing dead to ketch Cobeaux alive
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2016, 06:26:34 AM »
Warriors bond is key says Bateau.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

As the Soca Warriors resumes its 2018 World Cup qualifying quest next Friday against St Vincent and the Grenadines in Kingstown, Russian-based defender Sheldon Bateau believes there is a key element that can push the team through to the end of its qualifying course.

Bateau, the first T&T player to play professionally in Russia, has been an integral part of the squad under Stephen Hart for the past year or more. His two goals in the group phase of the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup set T&T on track to the quarter finals stage. He missed the Copa Centenario qualifier against Haiti in January due to club restrictions but expects to see a revitalized T&T side later this month.

“Missing Haiti was heart wrenching, knowing that I couldn’t be there to fight with the boys and also the fact that I know if we had performed the way we could we would surely be in the Copa right now. But that’s in the past and I hope we can move on and continue doing well on the road to Russia,” Bateau said yesterday.

The former T&T Under 20 captain, who appeared in two FIFA youth World Cups in 2007 and 2009, has a strong faith in his teammates and staff headed by Hart, along with the backing of the Football Association, as the efforts for Russia qualification resumes.

“I think the main strength of the team that creates the tight bond we have is firstly the mixture we have of youth and experience. Our experienced players can relate to the younger players so there’s no gap in communication which helps to keep a certain level of humbleness and maturity within the group.

Secondly I think we’re all on the same page when it comes to wanting to change football in T&T and taking the team and country back to the level we’re suppose to be on,” Bateau said. The ex-KV Mechelen player is expected to feature in T&T’s two World Cup qualifiers on March 25 and 29.

The former San Juan Jabloteh player wears number 19 for Russian club FC Krylia Sovetov Samara.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »
Skipper already in Trinidad!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Trinidad Sports Reality

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 10:57:33 AM »
T&T 22-Man Squad for St Vincent game

Adrian Foncette/Goalkeeper/Police FC
Marvin Phillip/Goalkeeper/Morvant Caledonia United
Yohance Marshall/Defender/Murcielagos FC)
Daneil Cyrus/Defender/DirecTV W Connection
Sheldon Bateau/Defender/FC Krylia Sovetov
Mekeil Williams/Defender/Colorado Rapids
Aubrey David/Defender/Deportivo Saprissa
Justin Hoyte/Defender/Dagenham & Redbridge
Neveal Hackshaw/Midfielder/Charleston Battery
Jomal Williams/Midfielder/W Connection
Andre Boucaud/Midfielder/Dagenham & Redbridge
Kevin Molino/Midfielder/Orlando City
Levi Garcia/Midfielder/AZ Alkmaar
Hughtun Hector/Midfielder/W Connection
Sean De Silva/Midfielder/Central FC
John Bostock/Midfielder/OH Leuven
Khaleem Hyland/Midfielder/KVC Westerlo
Joevin Jones/Midfielder/Seattle Sounders
Willis Plaza/Forward/Alianza
Shahdon Winchester/Forward/W Connection
Trevin Caesar/Forward/Orange County Blues
Kenwyne Jones/Forward/Al Jazira

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 01:19:59 PM »
WARRIORS!  WARRIORS!  WARRIORS!   ;D    ;D    ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 02:08:13 PM »
Is Jonathan Glenn injured, or just dropped?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »
WARRIORS!  WARRIORS!  WARRIORS!   ;D    ;D    ;D

ENT!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 03:12:51 PM »
Where is Jonathan Glen and Guerra?

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 05:07:45 PM »
Nice selection... The re-introduction of Molinho may have pushed out Glenn... Harty know what he doing

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2016, 07:16:28 PM »
Not so fast. How all know Glen out of favor?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2016, 09:02:15 PM »
Where is Jonathan Glen and Guerra?

Glenn's season starts in May and Guerra hasn't played many competitive matches in 2016. Hart probably didn't want to gamble especially with alternatives being available.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 04:12:05 AM »
Phillip
Williams
Bateau
Cyrus
David
Jones
Molino
Boucaud
Hector
Bostock
Kenwyne

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 05:15:55 AM »
Phillip
David
Bateau
Williams
Hoyte
Jones
Boucad
Molino
Hyland
Bostock
K Jones

Tough to get into the defence even with the absence of Bakr and Mitchell. Williams because he is good there also, and David out left.

Bostock because no Cato. Molino starts.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2016, 06:04:39 AM »
A man with a Trinigrandmother could get a passport and yet another player whose father is a Trini can't get one as yet ! Nah I eh buying that story. This sounding too much like a "Zamora"  soap opera .

Ps I born day and all the frigging paperwork to get a passport is unreal! Ummmm

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2016, 07:11:28 AM »
i think the lineup should be like this

------------- KJ ----------------
-----Levi ---------- Molino ----
-----JJ ------------- Bostock/Hector
--------- Hyland/Boucaud --------
David --- Bateau ---- Williams -----Hoyte
------------ Philps ----------------------

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 08:41:48 AM »
believe it or not..The Paperwork/passport issue is really the father problems...Leroy..he have to sort that first
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2016, 08:43:15 AM »
A man with a Trinigrandmother could get a passport and yet another player whose father is a Trini can't get one as yet ! Nah I eh buying that story. This sounding too much like a "Zamora"  soap opera .

Ps I born day and all the frigging paperwork to get a passport is unreal! Ummmm

I also thought you could not get a T&T passport from a grandparent? Didn't we have a number of players in the past with a grandparent from Trini that were interested in representing us but were not able to because they needed a parent that was Trini. I don't think I imagined this.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2016, 08:44:50 AM »
Phillip
David
Bateau
Williams
Hoyte
Jones
Boucaud
Molino
Hyland
Bostock
K Jones

Tough to get into the defence even with the absence of Bakr and Mitchell. Williams because he is good there also, and David out left.

Bostock because no Cato. Molino starts.

Jay, ah like yuh squad.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 09:11:43 AM »
Any body making the short run over to Vincy for the game? I going. Back in time for the home leg.

$182.50 USD for return ticket (Fri - Sun). My parents are Vincy and I've been to St. Vincent many times, as recent as August last year. They are really excited about the game and believe they have a chance.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 11:05:40 AM »
Any body making the short run over to Vincy for the game? I going. Back in time for the home leg.

$182.50 USD for return ticket (Fri - Sun). My parents are Vincy and I've been to St. Vincent many times, as recent as August last year. They are really excited about the game and believe they have a chance.

Since is LIAT may I humbly suggest that you go from Thu because you may just land in St. Vincent after the game.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:07 AM »

Since is LIAT may I humbly suggest that you go from Thu because you may just land in St. Vincent after the game.

COSIGNNN.

Look ting. Ah get to cosign "a weary". :)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 12:59:08 PM »

COSIGNNN.

Look ting. Ah get to cosign "a weary". :)

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 02:41:13 PM »
Good team, good luck to Hart and his crew.

Remember the field there might be an issue.

Lets not be too confident.

Guyana and Haiti though us that.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
WATCH: The Soca Warriors begin preparations for the World Cup Qualifiers against St. Vincent and the Grenadines

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sh2kDujIBvY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sh2kDujIBvY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 06:57:14 PM »
Just back from the Stadium for the Monday night training session...me and Small Magician.
good..intense...sharp...Hart pushing them along...good vibe and spirit..
only had like 16...so guess some men coming in tonight..or one or two did only morning...not sure...
I know the main question will be " How Bostock look ??"...well...QUALITY....very expensive left foot.
Also Molino looking good...happy to be around type vibe.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1090671420983697&set=a.640933745957469.1073741826.100001225493088&type=3&theater
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 06:58:19 PM »
WATCH VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1129940660390898/

The T&T Soca Warriors team is almost back to full strength with the return of some familiar faces for Friday's World Cup Qualifier with St. Vincent and the Grenadines in their back yard. The Skipper, Kenwyne Jones, has made the long trek from Dubai to be back with his teammates but there are two big differences - one a familiar face and the other a late addition. Ruskin Mark watched the team train on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and filed this report.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 07:02:45 PM »
WATCH VIDEO: https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1129940660390898/

The T&T Soca Warriors team is almost back to full strength with the return of some familiar faces for Friday's World Cup Qualifier with St. Vincent and the Grenadines in their back yard. The Skipper, Kenwyne Jones, has made the long trek from Dubai to be back with his teammates but there are two big differences - one a familiar face and the other a late addition. Ruskin Mark watched the team train on Monday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and filed this report.

Good to see Molino back in the squad.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 09:27:29 PM »
I saw Bein Sports will be showing the game on Friday at 3:15pm

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 01:48:35 AM »
Final leg of Preparations begin for Friday’s qualifier.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

English-born midfielder John Bostock got his first feel of local soil with his new Trinidad and Tobago teammates on Monday morning as the Soca Warriors kick started their final training camp head of Friday’s 2018 World Cup qualifier against St Vincent/Grenadines in Kingstown.

Bostock touched down in Port of Spain on Sunday night joined the rest of the T&T squad for a 9am session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Head Coach Stephen Hart welcomed him along with captain Kenwyne Jones and English-based duo Justin Hoyte and Andre Boucaud as well as newly signed Charleston Battery midfielder Neveal Hackshaw, Trevin Caesar, Khaleem Hyland and Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino who appeared in his first full national team practice since his dreadful knee surgery just around a year ago.

“It’s great to finally be here in Trinidad and Tobago and to get in my first session with the rest of the national squad. I’m quite excited about it and now it’s just about getting on with the preparations for the game on Friday. The conditions are quite hot but good all the same. I’m just really looking forward to settling in and making a positive contribution,” Bostock said after the session. His father, also named John, is Trinidad and Tobago-born from Diego Martin.

Some of the other overseas-based players carded to come in by Tuesday include Seattle Sounders midfielder Joevin Jones as well as Dutch-based Levi Garcia and Russian-based defender Sheldon Bateau, Mekeil Williams, Willis Plaza, Yohance Marshall and Aubrey David.

“Today’s first session was just to get the players settled in and get the legs going a bit. We’ll settle into full stride once everyone’s here. Of course it was good to welcome Bostock into the squad and this was also Molino’s return to the team,” Hart said.

The home-based pros including Sean De Silva, Shahdon Winchester, Jomal Williams, Hughtun Hector and goalkeepers Marvin Phillip and Adrian Foncette all took part in the session and Keron Cummings, showed up in good spirits as he continues recovery from a gunshot wound. Cummings was able to juggle the football as he spoke to teammates at the venue.

Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Boucaud spoke about the importance of the few days leading up to the match on Friday which will kick off at 3:30pm at the Arnos Vale Recreation Ground.

“We had a short, sharp session this morning which was quite good especially for myself and a few of the boys who just came in from Europe and other parts. I’ve been looking forward to this a lot and speaking to the boys over the past few weeks. I think once we can take what we had from the Guatemala and USA games into Friday’s match then we should be okay. But the conditions are going to be rough in St Vincent and we are expecting that. Concentration for the entire match will be key to us getting the three points.

“It’s also good to see some of the new faces around and also guys like Molino back in it. As a squad I think we are looking very good. Obviously there a couple guys missing out with injury but we have some good back ups and we’ll be looking to take care of business,” Boucaud added.

Tickets for the T&T versus St Vincent World Cup qualifier on March 29th are presently available for purchase. Tickets are priced at $300 for the covered section and $150 for the uncovered section of the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

These tickets can now be purchased at Sports and Games outlets nationwide, Kenny’s Sports (nationwide), Sportway at Ellerslie Plaza and Gulf City, Fan Zone at Centre City Mall in Chaguanas, Ramsingh’s Sportworld in Couva and Heritage Sports, Scarborough Tobago Tickets can also be purchased online via the TTFA’s official website – TTFootball.Org.

Video: - Warriors Start Preparations for World Cup Qualifiers vs St Vincent/Grenadines

https://www.facebook.com/csportslive/videos/1129940660390898/

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:18:56 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2016, 09:56:35 AM »
FLOW Sports (Channel 95/290) advertising the game for 3:30pm kick off Friday.

Only on FLOW

1]; } ?>