March 28, 2024, 02:25:42 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121606 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
David John Williams Thread.
« on: October 11, 2015, 05:44:39 AM »
W Connection CEO to run for TTFA Presidency.
W Connection Press Release.

President and Chief Executive Officer of DIRECTV W Connection Football Club, Mr David John-Williams has signaled his intention to run for the Presidency of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association in the upcoming November Annual General Meeting.

The AGM which will be held under the TTFA’s new Constitution is scheduled to take place on November 29th 2015.

Mr. John-Williams, who founded W Connection some 16 years ago, making it one of the more successful clubs in the Caribbean, commented on his decision stating

“I never came into Professional Football with the aspiration of taking administrative leadership of the local governing body, but having been approached by many colleagues in the football fraternity I decided to offer myself for service”.

He further added that his desire was to make a significant difference in local football, and believed that with his experience and fresh leadership, there could be a transformation in the fortunes of Trinidad and Tobago Football.

Mr. John-Williams presently serves as Vice Chairman of the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:16:12 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: W Connection CEO to run for TTFA Presidency.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 06:26:20 AM »
Nice to see a fresh face running for President.

David John seems ok, but from what I heard is he does not like Stephan Hart, I could and hope I am wrong.

Stephan Hart is the best thing happen to T&T.

I just hope he is not another stubborn man like Warner was and wants the best for T&T and not his club.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 07:31:36 AM »
It hurts me to say this, but I rather TK stay on than this man win... At least TK supports Hart fully

The first thing he will do is get rid of SH and that will turn me right off national football as well as the majority of ex pats that support Hart 200%..

Anybody but this man

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 09:25:45 AM »
Is it advisable that the president of the federation be a candidate with vested club self-interest? In my view, this question is a fundamental threshold question.

How does the TTFA constitution treat with this?

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:27:56 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 09:32:10 AM »
Is it advisable that the president of the federation be a candidate with vested club self-interest? In my view, this question is a fundamental threshold question.

How does the TTFA constitution treat with this?

The constitution has nothing in it that addresses your point from what I read... The criteria is simple and straightforward how ever it doesn't take into account that area of concern...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 09:40:18 AM »
I hope this don't happen.

Look how long he have Stuart Charles coaching his team, good or bad, for over 20 years.

The man is a dictator.

We don't need another Jack Warner.

If he coming to do things fair and better, fine, I eh have no problem with change, but I eh sure about this.

Anybody against Hart is mindless and I against them.

John Williams want to control and he want to promote his club.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:55:47 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 12:07:13 PM »
I hope this don't happen.

Look how long he have Stuart Charles coaching his team, good or bad, for over 20 years.

The man is a dictator.

We don't need another Jack Warner.

If he coming to do things fair and better, fine, I eh have no problem with change, but I eh sure about this.

Anybody against Hart is mindless and I against them.

John Williams want to control and he want to promote his club.

Good talk brother... People just fuelling another autocrat that will take us 10 steps back..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 12:20:09 PM »
think allyuh shouting in appropriately again..not saying that this candidate will be the best...but is like allyuh prefer NO candidate...For years ppl begging for someone to step up...and typical. someone step up..is not even excuse why he should sit back down..we self shooting him down...it happened with HART too.. and now themajority changing they mind..I can understand some measure of skepticism..but the intensity of the thrown big stones, really must lik any possible volunteers for a loop.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 12:23:42 PM »
think allyuh shouting in appropriately again..not saying that this candidate will be the best...but is like allyuh prefer NO candidate...For years ppl begging for someone to step up...and typical. someone step up..is not even excuse why he should sit back down..we self shooting him down...it happened with HART too.. and now themajority changing they mind..I can understand some measure of skepticism..but the intensity of the thrown big stones, really must lik any possible volunteers for a loop.

I would agree with you if Williams's didn't come right off the bat and basically say he will replace Hart indirectly in his interview..

So he in the bad books with me and many others.. I prefer the lesser of the two evils .. I know what TK give but no one knows what willians will, he decide to run his mouth and say he don't like Hart.. he set himself up for that, I don't support him, unless he come out and publicly state he will keep Hart till after 2018.. If those words don't come out of his mouth.. I will stick with the evil I can predict
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:25:21 PM by Controversial »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 12:33:05 PM »

I would agree with you if Williams's didn't come right off the bat and basically say he will replace Hart indirectly in his interview..

So he in the bad books with me and many others.. I prefer the lesser of the two evils .. I know what TK give but no one knows what willians will, he decide to run his mouth and say he don't like Hart.. he set himself up for that, I don't support him, unless he come out and publicly state he will keep Hart till after 2018.. If those words don't come out of his mouth.. I will stick with the evil I can predict
Does Hart have a contract yet & support of the players, coaches & program..If so not even Rowley can change him...well unless TTFA can now afford to pay 2 coaches salaries...yuh never know

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 12:35:03 PM »

Does Hart have a contract yet & support of the players, coaches & program..If so not even Rowley can change him...well unless TTFA can now afford to pay 2 coaches salaries...yuh never know

He had the support of the players, coaches and program... No contract yet but it will come...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 12:46:04 PM »

He had the support of the players, coaches and program... No contract yet but it will come...
then shouldn't that be our main concern right now, if that is our best interest...and not who might run and might get voted in or out ?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 01:55:26 AM »
Tim Kee ponders.as David John Williams bids for T&TFA post.
By ​Walter Alibey (Guardian).

President of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) Raymond Tim Kee has said  he will know by Wednesday if he will go up for re-election as president when the TTFA Annual General Meeting (AGM) and election of officers take place on November 29.

“I have a football meeting on Wednesday morning and when I am through I will make that decision if to face re-election or to stand down,” Tim Kee said. 

Only Saturday Direct TV W Connection boss David John Williams announced he will be seeking the post of president of the embattled TTFA, which is still attempting to shake off the dust of corruption left by its former special adviser Jack Warner as well as the stigma of his colleagues Oliver Camps and Richard Groden who worked closely under him.

A website report stated that while Tim Kee may have had some achievements under his name, there were still some administrative bungles that outnumbered the good, such as a mysterious TT$400,000 licensing fee allegedly received by his association's marketing official Darren Millien; the departure of the T&T Women’s with just US$500 for a pre CONCACAF camp; a suspicious fund-raising venture for deceased footballer Akeem Adams; the loss of funding and partnerships from corporate T&T and the suspension of funding from FIFA because the TTFA couldn’t meet accounting criteria.

Contacted yesterday, Tim Kee said he was fairly satisfied with the work he has done at the TTFA to date, although there are some things he would have liked to do which in reality, was impossible to achieve.

“I would have liked to have some more support from corporate T&T but the reality is that from a business point of view, once the market has lost confidence in you as an organisation it is extremely difficult to get back” Tim Kee said.

The TTFA boss, who is also Mayor of Port-of-Spain, made it clear that he has achieved a number of things that were not even considered in years gone by. For instance, “I changed an old constitution, democratised it and allowed all to have the power of decision-making.”

As though he was reading from a prepared text, Tim Kee continued with his list of achievements, saying for the first time in the history of football the country has seen some nine T&T football teams all doing well and all receiving funding for local, regional and international tournaments. He added that only recently the beach football team defeated CONCACAF giants Mexico and of significant achievement is that both T&T’s men and women teams have made it to the top 50 in the world in the FIFA rankings.

Tim Kee reminded all that it is never easy when you inherit an organisation in debt by $38 million and has lost all its sponsors for one reason or another and has a number of people on your back for monies owed to them. “I had to make some really tough decisions and decisions that were not favourable, but I had to do what was necessary,” Tim Kee said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »
Uncle Tim, please step down. Sheldon may get a bligh, pending further consultation with informed posters but Uncle Tim please go.
All Renraw associates, please, let's turn a page to get confidence for the future sponsors who are watching closely and holding their money.
Trust is serious business and when you lose it it is very hard to earn it back without overt demonstration of changed ways and changed personnel.
Socawarriors are at a crossroads. Only positive vibes can be afforded now.
Big up.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 02:38:04 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »
The only thing worse than Tim Kee is to have David John Williams as TTFA president! He's a Jack Warner in the making. Only serves himself and his interests. He's best suited to his club to be honest where he is boss not the national set up at all.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »
SOCAWARRIORS.NET POSTERS PRESS RELEASE

We the posters of socawarriors.net forum hereby signal our intention that Head Coach Mr.Stephen Hart run for the Persidency of TTFA in the upcoming November AGM.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 02:15:07 PM »
I don't think there is any law that prohibit a club owner from running for the president position. But should there be? What should the criteria be? We have been asking for transparency and fairness. What else do we want to add to this administrative position. I honestly don't know much of DJW, other that the fact that he has formed and run his club in a very successful manner. He has done this at a time when our football, from the administrative side, was in total disaster. For me to say he is, or going to a next Jack Warner because they were part of the proleague is stretching it a bit. I have not heard or read his anti-Hart comment. Can someone post it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 02:17:39 PM »

We the posters of socawarriors.net forum hereby signal our intention that Head Coach Mr.Stephen Hart run for the Persidency of TTFA in the upcoming November AGM.

As it is now, Hart is free to throw his hat in the ring. If he was to win, can he still coach? Or who should be coach?

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »

As it is now, Hart is free to throw his hat in the ring. If he was to win, can he still coach? Or who should be coach?

When timkee throw he hat in de ring, he give up being mayor or treasurer???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 03:01:35 PM »

Bred, think again of what you asking Hart to do. This is not politics. Is either one or the other.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 03:41:55 PM »

Bred, think again of what you asking Hart to do. This is not politics. Is either one or the other.

so the "one or the other" rule don't apply to timkee or CEO or W conn. but is either one or the other for Hart? who playing politics now??

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 04:05:15 PM »
to the people who wants timkee gone, don't you all know nothing? it was only recently that the federation and the ministry was in confrontation which lasted the last 15 years due to political affiliation, now we finally got a ministry and a federation president belonging to the same organization who's friendly with each other, and now you want to break up this union? some of you must like things in shambles.

mr timkee if you're listening please reconsider. considering the crap you inherit from the previous administration i would give you the thumbs up for the wonderful job you have done and say, please stay. i would rather have you who's a part of the PNM than this new comer who maybe unfriendly to the minister. at least see it through to the world cup qualifying. i couldn't stand another antagonistic relationship between minister and federation president, at least not for the next five years.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 04:18:10 PM »

nope. And did SH tell you he want to run for something ? you gonna signal our intention for he to run   lol

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 04:30:23 PM »
to the people who wants timkee gone, don't you all know nothing? it was only recently that the federation and the ministry was in confrontation which lasted the last 15 years due to political affiliation, now we finally got a ministry and a federation president belonging to the same organization who's friendly with each other, and now you want to break up this union? some of you must like things in shambles.

mr timkee if you're listening please reconsider. considering the crap you inherit from the previous administration i would give you the thumbs up for the wonderful job you have done and say, please stay. i would rather have you who's a part of the PNM than this new comer who maybe unfriendly to the minister. at least see it through to the world cup qualifying. i couldn't stand another antagonistic relationship between minister and federation president, at least not for the next five years.
well whether we like it or not Sports IS politics..so ps u have a point..I personally don't think the organization was as bad as ppl make it out to be, considering what they inherited (minus nothing) and all they still managed to get done.. some measure of successful teams. I think doh they tried to do to much.. 2006 Players woulda have to settle for the government bonds.and hold on to computers , ball and trophies..Tim Kee went trying to appease with past payments, that wasn't his capability and had some issues with then future and current payments, and  the dawgs bite he hand hard.. anyway, I tend to get the stories wrong..so I better stop there, but I believe for some measure of continuity we need to keep this present admin going.. Main Team doing fine, don't change to much, just tweak.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 04:42:55 PM »
I know David John Williams and I can tell you he will make a good TTFA president.

He have my backing.

He knows how to do business and will help the TTFA be more transparent and better budget the funds.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 04:43:19 PM »

so the "one or the other" rule don't apply to timkee or CEO or W conn. but is either one or the other for Hart? who playing politics now??

Breds, in this day and age, a head coach job is a totally consuming job. And you want the coach to take on the admin. duties of running a football assoc., another time consuming job. You eh making sense.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »

Breds, in this day and age, a head coach job is a totally consuming job. And you want the coach to take on the admin. duties of running a football assoc., another time consuming job. You eh making sense.

as we speak a man has time to run the capital city as mayor an still run ttfa, plus other things, which brings us to this non paying post, Hart may not want it, but if he held the 'rubber stamp' in his hand more could done, the business community not buying what you selling...

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »
I know David John Williams and I can tell you he will make a good TTFA president.

He have my backing.

He knows how to do business and will help the TTFA be more transparent and better budget the funds.
Yes but will he screw with the senior team setup, as many seem to worry......I goh be first with d pitch fork and torch if he f**k dat up.......it's jumping d gun but I doh rate SCF as ah international coach at all........again premature but I could see dat piece of nepotism playing off
I pity the fool....

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 07:04:27 PM »
2 things if you do win it DJW

Do not , I repeat DO NOT , even think about for a second interfering with Coach Hart and his technical staff. Just because he didnt pick much Connection players in his time does not give you the right to deem him unacceptable..You cant expect a Senior coach to pick a bunch of untested kids. Even then he has given guys like Aikim and Shannon Gomez caps.

Relax yuh loud self and sort out the admin issues and bring in sponsors.

Simple

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »
I hope David williams is reading this msg board  ......as he should be advised the fans and supporters will not stand for any disruption  of the progress made by  the current  Coach  Mr stephen Hart and his technical staff..along with the national team...!   Here is a coach  who  has earned the respect of his players .. the progress made is odvious for anyone to see... So should you potentially be chosen president elect of  national football  .. Come good or stay at coonections and do yuh ting ....

1]; } ?>