March 28, 2024, 03:00:00 AM

Author Topic: David John Williams Thread.  (Read 121609 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David John Williams Thread.
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2016, 12:34:03 PM »
My only hope is the coach that replaced Waldrum will continue in a progressive route for the Women team. In recent games we see our Women team regressing.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2016, 03:32:28 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2DsgTQJ-2ZA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2DsgTQJ-2ZA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2016, 04:01:05 PM »
'Legends' reacts to new TTFA leadership.
TTFA Media.

As several of Trinidad and Tobago’s football stalwarts and legends gathered on Saturday for the 50th Anniversary Awards ceremony of the Secondary Schools Football League at the Naparima College, several of them expressed a positive outlook on the new leadership of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

David John-Williams was elected as the new President of the TTFA on November 29th and has been leading a new executive which includes Vice Presidents Ewing Davis, Joanne Salazar and Alan Warner as well as a new TTFA Board of Directors. A new technical committee was also announced last week chaired by Former National player and TT Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene.

Former T&T standout Leroy DeLeon, after being named as the Secondary Schools Football League best player in its 50 years, took the opportunity on Saturday to shares his views on the way forward under John-Williams.

“I think he’s on the right track. We’ve already had a few talks. We sat and had a nice conversation and from what he’s saying, his head is in the right direction. Again funding is going the make his thoughts and ideas be realized. I will help him as much as I can as. I have more time for football . I don’t want to coach. I want to sit down and watch a good football game and wear my national colours proudly ,” DeLeon told TTFA Media.

Former Trinidad and Tobago Under 20 midfield standout Anthony Sherwood, who was honoured as one of the legends of the 1990s, added: “I pay very close attention to the development that is happening in the game. I wish the new administration the very best. The task is an enormous one. Hopefully the new administration can be the catalyst for the change that everybody wants to see. Football is very important to all of us and I’d love to see a time where we can experience the joy of the years gone by.”

Another former St Benedict’s College standout and ex-national player, Wilfred Cave, said he hoped to see more emphasis on youth development.

“Point Fortin is a sporting community and he’s from there, my hometown and I know that John has sport in his heart. I have had a few conversations with him and I know he’s going to do well. He has Trinidad and Tobago on high priority and I know our football is going to grow from here,” said Cave.

“I personally feel we have the knowledge here with our coaches. But we need to be more consistent with our programs and have more continuity especially with the youth development programs.”

Nigel Grosvenor, the head coach of St Anthony’s College who has led the team to several national titles, said John Williams’ strong passion for the game would be essential for the governance and development of local football.

“It’s always good to accept change. David is a businessman and I always felt that we needed a businessman to run the TTFA and I’m looking forward to it. Some people say he’s hard but sometimes it takes that to go forward. Football is his life and that’s what we need now,” Grosvenor said.

Former Strike Squad member Leonson Lewis recalled his days as a player with Naparima College in early 80s when “Naps’ lost to St Augustine in the Intercol Final at the National Stadium. John-Williams was the manager of the Naparima team then.

“He always gives a lot to football and for football. I thought it was important for us to have someone who is really involved in football,”Lewis said.

“He may not have a lot to do with the senior team because that team seems to be doing well and is in good hands under Stephen Hart. But as far as youth development goes, I know he will place a lot of focus on that and he will strengthen the youth system in local football,” Lewis continued.

“It’s funny that David John-Williams is the President of the TTFA now because when I first went to Naparima College he was the man that bought me my first pair of football boots. He was the manager/sponsor of the team and whatever the boys needed, David would get it whether it be the cooler of drinks or anything else. When I left school and went to Portugal and then came back, he was the man who called me to W Connection to start playing again and then I went straight into coaching under Stuart Charles Fevrier. I am very glad to see that we have somebody like him in charge of football now,” Lewis said.

Video: - 'Legends' reacts to new TTFA leadership

« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 04:12:48 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2016, 10:00:07 AM »
David John Williams is a f00cking waste.

Imagine, he hire Shabaaz and he wife to run T&T women team.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

He better pay de players because shit does roll down hill.

This guy is a millionaire and he just looking to benefit from T&T football.

Look at the people he is hiring.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:03:08 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »

TTFA President David John-Williams says T&T Senior Women's Team will leave for Houston on Sunday. He comments the Futsal team on their qualification for the playoff and adds that the new administration is settling in. - TTFA Media TV

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2qfDG8AQ9mo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2qfDG8AQ9mo</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
TTFA boss: Association not affected by funding cut.
By Sean Taylor (Express).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) will not be directly affected by the recent decision by FIFA to cut funding to the CONMEBOL and CONCACAF confederations respectively according to president David John-Williams.

The governing body for world football cut funding to both confederations in an announcement on Monday, due to a spate of corruption allegations which culminated in last year’s scandal which saw 41 individuals and entities charged in the US on a variety of graft-related offences.

John-Williams told the Express yesterday that the TTFA does not fall under that funding umbrella. “COMNEBOL and CONCACAF are confederations and we don’t receive funding from them,” he said. “We receive our funding from FIFA and our funding has been cut because we have not been compliant, and that’s what we’re working on. So, it does not affect the TTFA directly, they are confederations and FIFA have a separate funding for confederations as opposed to the national associations.”

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:22:34 AM by Flex »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CFU: DJW’s unilateral support for Infantino weakens Caribbean football
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2016, 06:57:33 AM »
CFU: DJW’s unilateral support for Infantino weakens Caribbean football.
By Lasana Liburd (wired868).

Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president Gordon Derrick said he was surprised by Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams’ decision to give his support to UEFA general secretary Gianni Infantino for the FIFA presidential elections on February 26.

Infantino is one of five candidates for the FIFA presidency along with: the Jordan Football Association president Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, ex-FIFA executive Jerome Champagne, Asian Football Confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa and former South Africa government minister and businessman Tokyo Sexwale.

Former Trinidad and Tobago football captain David Nakhid had also contested the post but FIFA controversially declared his nomination to be invalid.

John-Williams told the TTFA Media that he was impressed by Infantino’s promise to help develop football facilities in the region, increase the FAP grant and provide increased technical support for coaching.

However, Derrick said the Caribbean decided, two weeks ago, to have a second meeting before, hopefully, deciding upon a preferred candidate. Only three of the five candidates, Infantino, Prince Ali and Champagne, attended the CFU meeting last month in Antigua.

“I was a bit surprised (with the TTFA’s endorsement,” Derrick told Wired868. “The idea was we are supposed to get together on the 12th of February in Miami where some candidates would be presenting themselves again. And we will then decide on who we support…

“In our discussions, the overtones from the meeting was we would discuss as a group, although there was no directive given.”

Apart from Trinidad and Tobago, the Grenada Football Association (GFA), which previously backed disgraced former UEFA president and presidential candidate Michel Platini, is the only Caribbean nation to declare its hand.

Grenada also supports Infantino.

Infantino, a 45 year old lawyer with joint Swiss and Italian nationality, has won support on the mainland too where all seven UNCAF (Central American Football Union) members—Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala, Belize and Nicaragua—declared its support for the UEFA General Secretary as a bloc.

Derrick suggested that the Caribbean’s failure to similarly make collective decisions and harness the strength of its 25 votes is harmful to the region’s future.

“I always said when we make decisions collectively we are stronger,” said Derrick, “and we have to make our decisions in unity to get what we want for our region. If we divide and split among ourselves our bargaining power is diminished…

“I cannot force anyone to select a candidate against their will. But at least we would have decided together.”

Still, Derrick conceded that he would have to understand if John-Williams was pressed by the TTFA board of directors into selecting Infantino.

“Each association is responsible to its own members and constituents,” said the CFU president, “and, if they are pushed by their constituents, they might have to respond in that way.

“I don’t know if it is they were pushed. But maybe that was the case.”

So was John-Williams’ choice for FIFA president done through consultation with the TTFA board? Or did the former W Connection president publicly bind his 12-member board to a unilateral decision?

Three TTFA board members, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said they were not invited to any meeting to discuss the football body’s choice as FIFA president and are unsure as to whether there was any such dialogue.

All three board members said they heard about the TTFA’s endorsement of Infantino in the media.

The TTFA release on its choice of Infantino did not suggest a group meeting or that the UEFA official met anyone in Trinidad but the local football president.

John-Williams, who initially promised a consultative approach to his presidency, did not respond to Wired868’s enquiry as to why he chose to declare his support for Infantino before formal discussions with the CFU and whether his choice was shared with and ratified by the TTFA board.

Derrick declined comment on a Reuter report, which claimed that FIFA has decided to withhold funding to CONCACAF and CONMEBOL until both bodies were able to give unspecified “assurances” on how developmental money will be spent.

“We can confirm that in light of current proceedings involving individuals related to CONMEBOL and CONCACAF,” a FIFA spokesperson told Reuters, “FIFA has put contributions towards these two Confederations on hold until further notice.

“We are currently assessing further steps to be taken to increase the level of assurance which may again enable FIFA to release such funds in the future.”

Derrick said the CFU will cross that bridge when it gets to it.

“I saw it in a blog today,” said Derrick, “and I cannot speak until there is an official communique.”

So far, FIFA has not declared any intention to penalise specific confederations for corruption while ongoing United States Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations unearthed wrongdoing beyond the Americas with officials and football bodies in Europe, Africa and Asia also being fingered.

RELATED NEWS

TTFA President meets with FIFA Presidential candidate Infantino…
expresses support for UEFA General Sec.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association President David John-Williams today met with FIFA Presidential candidate Gianni Infantino in Port of Spain.

Infantino, who has been the General Secretary of UEFA since 2009, is a Swiss football administrator of Italian origin.

John-Williams expressed support for Infantino, stating that he was impressed with several areas of his campaign and his commitment towards the development of the game in the region.

“We know the FIFA Presidential campaign is right around the corner. We heard presentations from the various candidates in Antigua. We had some important discussions with Mr Infantino today and we feel that his presentation, from among all the candidates, is the one that can help Caribbean football,” John-Williams told TTFA Media after meeting with Infantino on Wednesday.

“Many people know that I come from a very strong football background. What is important to us here is the development of the game and his presentation seems most appropriate,” John-Williams added.

Infantino stated that he would be focusing heavily on promoting the development of the game in the Caribbean region, saying that the support for him from Trinidad and Tobago was extremely important.

“It is a great pleasure and honour to be here and I am very grateful to the president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association for the discussion that we had,” Infantino said.

“ It was very inspiring. He is a football man, I am a football man and we can talk football development. That is why I think the chemistry immediately worked. For me to receive this support here is very important in my going forward to the FIFA candidacy,” the multi-lingual lawyer said.

“I can bring a lot to this region, to this part of the world. I have seen many presidents who are committed to the game and organizing football, sometimes in difficult circumstances and we have to help. We have to ensure that our heart, which is beating for football, can continue to beat for everyone in the region. That is why I am also very happy to be here to continue working in a great partnership together for the future of football,” Infantino stated.

John-Wiliams continued: “One of the strengths that I see in Gianni’s candidacy is that if he becomes FIFA President, he does not only have the support of FIFA but he will also have the support of UEFA. I think that is something that is weighing heavily in his favour. From where we sit I think UEFA will bring a lot of technical support for the region.

“I was remarking today is what I was impressed is that the smaller nations in Europe are now participating in the European champions League and the Europa League and I think it is instructive to note that this is happening under his watch as general secretary,” the TTFA boss added.

John Williams went on to say that he was impressed by the plans of Infantino to increase the FIFA Assistance Program (FAP) funding, the commitment to develop facilities in countries that need it and additional commitment to technical support.

Since his appointment as UEFA General Secretary, Infantino has been part of a leadership team which has helped to further strengthen both national team and club football in Europe, and UEFA’s role as a respected and credible international governing body.

This week, the Central American Football Union (Uncaf), which has seven votes in the Fifa presidential election on 26 February, also announced its support for Infantino earlier this week.

Infantino is one of the frontrunners in the race to replace Sepp Blatter. The presidents of the seven national federations in the Uncaf region, which is part of the Concacaf confederation, expressed their support for Infantino in a letter on Monday.

The statement was signed by the presidents of the Costa Rica, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama, Guatemala, Belize and Nicaragua federations, along with the Uncaf president, Rafael Tinocco.

Video: - FIFA Presidential Candidate Infantino meets with TTFA President

« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 05:31:55 AM by Flex »

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CFU: DJW’s unilateral support for Infantino weakens Caribbean football
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2016, 07:07:38 AM »
Like someone pointed out one the forum somewhere, he's probably benefiting in some way, maybe you can expect to see some W Connection players trial in Europe soon?

DJW better be careful, because some of his own staff and people he trust in is cutting him up behind his back and then denying it in his face.

I ain't calling names no more because I tried to give him a heads up and my post was removed.

Some people have to burn to learn.

DJW should not get into politics in the open because if Infantino losses it could mean bad business for us.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CFU: DJW’s unilateral support for Infantino weakens Caribbean football
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2016, 12:23:51 PM »
This makes it sound like DJW's in over his head. For our sake I hope that's not the case.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why is it SO QUIET at the TTFA?
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2016, 12:31:25 PM »
Since DJW has been elected president the silence from the TTFA is evident.

On one hand it's good that they are not negatively featured in the media but on the other hand I thought we would have seen and heard more from this regime.

Before the elections we saw an aggressive marketing campaign with alot of good stuff from the Venezuelan guys they hired to push the marketing. Why has that completely dwindled ?

Also we have a window in June to play 2 vital friendlies. It's the only window available between March qualifiers and September qualifiers....I really hope DJW and his staff are lining up 2 acceptable friendlies for Stephen Hart and his squad.

This is a vital year, a make or break year.

Very let down so far by the silence. I thought they would have encouraged fan participation and also continue the marketing campaign with full force. All the buzz around the team is fading.

Lastly, I really hope our game away to SVG will be LIVE on National Television. It would be totally unacceptable in 2016 that the fans can't see a WCQ live from the comfort of their homes.

Let's hear something TTFA ! Anyone out there? Anyone ??
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:45:47 AM by Banter Banton »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Why is it SO QUIET at that TTFA?
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2016, 01:41:13 PM »
Funny you said this.

I send him a mail since yesterday querying about a possible game vs Grenada (that asylumseeker mentioned) and he seems to be ignoring my email? normally he use to reply right back especially if he needed news or a video posted/published. I remember before election he use to send out a few news for us to push out for him

I to would be really happy to hear a little more from them about their plans for the upcoming games and possible future ones.

Maybe he is busy planning games for the summer??

I guess, we'll see.

Being the TTFA president can be challenging and I understand he's probably having a hard time cleaning up the mess?

Good luck to him and his staff.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:00:02 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2016, 03:56:46 PM »
I spoke to one of his friends over the weekend, off course I can't call names anymore.

They told me he is upset with the attack he and his staff gets from SWO.

I am assuming this is the reason why he is ignoring you Flex.

You guys keep doing what you do in a decent way, DJW wants to tie everyone's tongue and SWO being a separate entity that he can't control makes his more upset.

They also told me, that after the both upcoming games that they will announce their plans for summer.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
Well Flex, damned if you do damned if you don't.  I hope Insider is wrong.  :)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2016, 08:20:28 PM »
I spoke to one of his friends over the weekend, off course I can't call names anymore.

They told me he is upset with the attack he and his staff gets from SWO.

I am assuming this is the reason why he is ignoring you Flex.

You guys keep doing what you do in a decent way, DJW wants to tie everyone's tongue and SWO being a separate entity that he can't control makes his more upset.

They also told me, that after the both upcoming games that they will announce their plans for summer.

If  in fact >> DJW<<< is supposedly annoyed  by what he  considers an attack  on his current regime by forum members , then so be it ,  as mentioned before he is not exempt , as was those before him . DJW  knew very well the moment he chose to run for the Presidency  of the TTFA  . it should come as no surprise he'll be under immediate  scrutiny ..   why the silence mr president ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2016, 08:50:54 PM »
Anybody knows who managing this site? www.ttfootballhistory.com. Cyah get it.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »
Actually, I am quiet grateful for the silence. DJW and the new Board were out in front of too many issues early in an unprepared and unprofessional manner. Having been elected for less than 5 months, they needed to close ranks, get the house in order, evaluate staff, review serious budgets and stop making so many foolish comments in the media. I think(hope) DJW, the Board and our football will be better from this silence.

Our sports administrators need to walk quietly and carry a big stick, too often they are pompous and arrogant with out delivering the final product.

Let the press officer make announcements, put the General Secretary to answer questions. Why do we need to hear from the President? I think we create part of the problem by wanting to hear from the President then blaming him when he says nonsense or doesn't have a plan. Let him stay quiet until July, after FIFA money come in, when the audits done, and we have a plan in place.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2016, 03:18:05 AM »
Anybody knows who managing this site? www.ttfootballhistory.com. Cyah get it.

E-man !!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2016, 07:40:29 AM »
Well, if he was doing good, he woulda get props, simple like that, look I didn't like Tim Kee, but I now seeing how good he did with the little he had and at least he or Sheldon was making themselves available to fans and media and they was improving on other stuff to and we was playing more games.

But now this Clown came on and feel he doh have to say nothing to the fans and he staff and players have to be silent because they have to listen to him.

Even Hartie look like he fraid to talk, this kinda pressure is not good to work under.

If he try he best and do good, I will be de first to congratulate him, but I doh stand for shit especially from people who head bigger than they game.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »
Part of this is also the media's fault. They should be seeking out information from the TTFA, rather than being passive and just waiting for press releases.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2016, 09:45:28 AM »
Actually, I am quiet grateful for the silence. DJW and the new Board were out in front of too many issues early in an unprepared and unprofessional manner. Having been elected for less than 5 months, they needed to close ranks, get the house in order, evaluate staff, review serious budgets and stop making so many foolish comments in the media. I think(hope) DJW, the Board and our football will be better from this silence.

Our sports administrators need to walk quietly and carry a big stick, too often they are pompous and arrogant with out delivering the final product.

Let the press officer make announcements, put the General Secretary to answer questions. Why do we need to hear from the President? I think we create part of the problem by wanting to hear from the President then blaming him when he says nonsense or doesn't have a plan. Let him stay quiet until July, after FIFA money come in, when the audits done, and we have a plan in place.

This post was not meant to question DJW's silence but the TTFA on a whole.

I think we all expected to see more done through the social media pages or press releases. Where is the community work? the marketing campaign? the planned friendlies? news on youth teams ?

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
Part of this is also the media's fault. They should be seeking out information from the TTFA, rather than being passive and just waiting for press releases.

Agreed, not seeing enough from those who were obsessed with the Tim Kee regime.

The media have to play their part

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is it SO QUIET at the TTFA?
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2016, 03:41:07 PM »
Lent...nobody meeting for drinks I guess...  just kiddin

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »
We playing Uruguay on 27th May in Montevideo

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2016, 06:37:46 PM »
Fuh real? Biter, Godin, Cavani and company? Look ting
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2016, 10:07:03 PM »
Keep quiet DJW, just produce, produce, produce. Keep the announcements coming, first Grenada then Uruguay. Once we pick up these two victories and secure the six points do not give any interviews.

By the end of the month announce U20 and U17 plans but do not give any interviews and do not comment in the media. Keep working, working, working until we so excited we running you down for comments.

For once let us have a President and General Secretary that allows the PRODUCT... the players, the coaches and the fans to be the center of attention.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2016, 11:18:30 AM »

Is only God eh get pong on this forum. So if that is his problem he has a huge problem that cannot and will neva be fixed. So put on yuh big boy draws and deal with it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »

Is only God eh get pong on this forum. So if that is his problem he has a huge problem that cannot and will neva be fixed. So put on yuh big boy draws and deal with it.
You forget the God vs True Trini battles oh what .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »

You forget the God vs True Trini battles oh what .

Well DJW eh have a prayer.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 12, 2016, 06:15:20 AM »
John-Williams fails to honour director’s contract

The T&T Football Association (TTFA), under new president David John-Williams, is facing another legal battle for money owed to one of its employees.

Sources say the John-Williams administration has failed to honour the contract of Kendal Walkes, the association’s director of football, who has not been paid since the new president assumed office on November 30.

Walkes, who coached at West Chester University in the United States for 25 years and was a key component in the US Olympic Development Programme, and his family were uprooted from their United States base, and brought to Trinidad under the Raymond Tim Kee administration to take up his position.

The deal included a housing allowance and an attractive monthly salary, along with  other perks. Sources say Walkes’ presence in the TTFA has not met the approval of John-Williams.

“The president disagreed with almost everything in the contract,” one source said.

Walkes and his legal representatives Andre Lord and Melissa Roberts-John met with members of the TTFA, including John-Williams, his vice presidents Joanne Salazar and Ewing Davis and its legal team at the TTFA office at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, last week.

Walkes’ concerns were heard and discussed and the TTFA promised a response by Tuesday. 

Up to yesterday, Walkes had no communication from the TTFA. “Walkes and his team feel the TTFA is not interested in settling the matter. They have decided to settle it in the court,” the source explained.

Apart from legal proceedings, it is understood Walkes’ team has also written to the general secretaries of the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Football Federations (CONCACAF) and FIFA, the world governing body for football.

The Guardian was told John-Williams appears interested in bringing in his own technical director and is therefore unwilling to accept Walkes. “John-Williams has his own way of doing things, which quite frankly is beginning to worry some of the very people who put him in office. It seems to be his way or the highway,” said the source.

“He has to start seeing the TTFA as a national association and not a club, this is not W Connection, this is Trinidad and Tobago football, and people are starting to think they made a mistake.”

Walkes took over from Anton Corneal who served the football association as technical director, assistant coach and youth development officer for almost six years, before he voluntarily retired over difficulty in receiving monies owed to him.

He has since filed legal action against the TTFA for $3.5 million. Apart from Corneal, ex-national midfielder Russell Latapy and Dutch coach Wim Rijsbergen have also sued the football federation over unpaid salaries.

Attempts to reach Walkes yesterday proved futile but John-Williams when contacted said he had no comment.

“I feel the one you should contact is Kendal Walkes and I will not be responding to anything he says either. My comment will come in the fullness of time.”

WALTER ALIBEY
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:21:22 AM by royal »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2016, 06:16:25 AM »
John-Williams fails to honour director’s contract

The T&T Football Association (TTFA), under new president David John-Williams, is facing another legal battle for money owed to one of its employees.

Sources say the John-Williams administration has failed to honour the contract of Kendal Walkes, the association’s director of football, who has not been paid since the new president assumed office on November 30.

Walkes, who coached at West Chester University in the United States for 25 years and was a key component in the US Olympic Development Programme, and his family were uprooted from their United States base, and brought to Trinidad under the Raymond Tim Kee administration to take up his position.

The deal included a housing allowance and an attractive monthly salary, along with  other perks. Sources say Walkes’ presence in the TTFA has not met the approval of John-Williams.

“The president disagreed with almost everything in the contract,” one source said.

Walkes and his legal representatives Andre Lord and Melissa Roberts-John met with members of the TTFA, including John-Williams, his vice presidents Joanne Salazar and Ewing Davis and its legal team at the TTFA office at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, last week.

Walkes’ concerns were heard and discussed and the TTFA promised a response by Tuesday. 

Up to yesterday, Walkes had no communication from the TTFA. “Walkes and his team feel the TTFA is not interested in settling the matter. They have decided to settle it in the court,” the source explained.

Apart from legal proceedings, it is understood Walkes’ team has also written to the general secretaries of the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Football Federations (CONCACAF) and FIFA, the world governing body for football.

The Guardian was told John-Williams appears interested in bringing in his own technical director and is therefore unwilling to accept Walkes. “John-Williams has his own way of doing things, which quite frankly is beginning to worry some of the very people who put him in office. It seems to be his way or the highway,” said the source.

“He has to start seeing the TTFA as a national association and not a club, this is not W Connection, this is Trinidad and Tobago football, and people are starting to think they made a mistake.”

Walkes took over from Anton Corneal who served the football association as technical director, assistant coach and youth development officer for almost six years, before he voluntarily retired over difficulty in receiving monies owed to him.

He has since filed legal action against the TTFA for $3.5 million. Apart from Corneal, ex-national midfielder Russell Latapy and Dutch coach Wim Rijsbergen have also sued the football federation over unpaid salaries.

Attempts to reach Walkes yesterday proved futile but John-Williams when contacted said he had no comment.

“I feel the one you should contact is Kendal Walkes and I will not be responding to anything he says either. My comment will come in the fullness of time.”

WALTER ALIBEY
[/quote]

1]; } ?>