March 28, 2024, 04:47:34 PM

Author Topic: 2017 Under 17 WC Thread  (Read 15183 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
2017 Under 17 WC Thread
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:02:59 PM »
http://www.jamaicafootballfederation.com/v1/?p=13574
U17 begin training camp
Preparations for the CFU Under 17 Men's Qualifiers will begin on Friday, December 18 with a training camp called by National Under 17 Coach, Andrew Edwards. The camp will end on December 23.
Guided by the experience of the last Under 17 Qualifiers (2014-15) when our National Under 17 team came within a whisker of qualification to another FIFA Men's Under 17 World Cup, Coach Edwards has asked the Federation for another early start to preparation.
The team trains as follows at the JFF Football Center (UWI):
Friday December 18 - 4:00pm
Saturday December 19 - 7:00am and 4:00pm
Sunday December 20 - 7:00am and 4:00pm
Monday December 21 - 7:00am and 4:00pm
Tuesday December 22 - 7:00am and 4:00pm
Wednesday December 23 - 7:00am and 4:00pm
This camp begins the process of viewing and ranking some sixty-four players who have been identified to date.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Under 17 WC Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »
Funding is one thing, but do we have a plan with schedule or do we have to wait for the funding to Plan?

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »
Trini 2018 your post is about U17 WC to be held in India, mine is about U20 WC in South Korea

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:31:09 AM »
U-17 footballers aiming for India 2017.
T&T Newsday Reports.

A 40-member squad of under-17 footballers is in deep training with their aim to make it to the age-group World Cup in India next year .

Coach Ken Elie is very confident his squad of under-17s will top their Caribbean Football Union qualification leg and become one of the four CONCACAF teams for the 24-nation 2017 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in September next year Elie said he had been preparing his squad since June last year.

He said he screened his squad between June and December last and put the players through specific training, both technical and physical .

Elie said his squad resumed training in January, “and there are four very special players in the squad, and we also have a couple of outstanding Secondary Schools Football League along with W Connection player John Paul Rochford who was on training with Barclays Premier League team Manchester City.”

He noted that it will be a difficult process to name his final squad. Elie hop;es to have a live-in camp in Tobago and also have a further look at some players from the sister island who I have already identified from a previous trip .

He said he and his team of coaches are working hand-inhand with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association to get the best possible preparations for the team .

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 05:31:52 AM »
Great to learn that we started early, since last June.

However, concerned that players from Tobago have been identified but have not had the benefit of training with the group for over a year.

Secondly, where is the interest in overseas players? If you are training for almost a year but have not had Tobago players much less no mention of overseas players invited to camp.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 07:13:51 AM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

A 40-member squad of under-17 footballers is in deep training with their aim to make it to the age-group World Cup in India next year .

Coach Ken Elie is very confident his squad of under-17s will top their Caribbean Football Union qualification leg and become one of the four CONCACAF teams for the 24-nation 2017 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in September next year Elie said he had been preparing his squad since June last year.

He said he screened his squad between June and December last and put the players through specific training, both technical and physical .

Elie said his squad resumed training in January, “and there are four very special players in the squad, and we also have a couple of outstanding Secondary Schools Football League along with W Connection player John Paul Rochford who was on training with Barclays Premier League team Manchester City.”

He noted that it will be a difficult process to name his final squad. Elie hop;es to have a live-in camp in Tobago and also have a further look at some players from the sister island who I have already identified from a previous trip .

He said he and his team of coaches are working hand-inhand with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association to get the best possible preparations for the team .
.... and the beat goes on....
Live large and prosper!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 08:19:00 AM »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 09:21:24 AM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

.... and the beat goes on....

AND ON AND ON
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 10:23:52 AM »
so ken eli got back the job .......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
 i hate when these writers dont even make the extra effort to give us a list of the players called up

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:10 AM »
i hate when these writers dont even make the extra effort to give us a list of the players called up

Right! We expect better from so called Sports Journalists

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
Think of the Joy and pride in seeing the name of the players published in our local newspaper. Every Uncle Chester and Aunt Minerva will be beaming with pride, not to mention the players as motivation to make the final team. With all the bad press about Youth and Crime- Let us highlight the positives and eliminate the Negatives. As an added bonus - a photo shoot would be the icing on the cake.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 11:44:08 AM »

Secondly, where is the interest in overseas players? If you are training for almost a year but have not had Tobago players much less no mention of overseas players invited to camp.

so no need to screen abroad ....Tobago28

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »
TRINI 2018 ah here yuh. Schools football equal to World Cup level and 4 special players compared to other countries with 11 special players.

I wonder how the non special players in that 40 player pool feel knowing that only 4 of them special and only the WC player that went on trial get mentioned.

Also, why put that pressure on Rochford.  Strange comments by coach.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 06:58:01 PM »
Elie made clarifications on the radio today. Said he has observed training in Tobago and that he has made fervent efforts to incorporate the Tobago-based players, but these efforts have been frustrated  (likely by the usual suspects: resources and getting things done ... I did not hear a specific reason offered).

Seems the plan or intention is to pull a few from Tobago rather than  to integrate all from 'Bago with all from T'dad and see who can hang.

My view: picking winners is just as effective as tossing a coin.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:02:42 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 07:04:58 PM »
TRINI 2018 ah here yuh. Schools football equal to World Cup level and 4 special VERY SPECIAL players compared to other countries with 11 special players.

I wonder how the non special players in that 40 player pool feel knowing that only 4 of them special and only the WC player that went on trial get mentioned.

Also, why put that pressure on Rochford.  Strange comments by coach.

:devil: Not "ordinary" special.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 09:06:24 PM »
Asylumseeker

We will see how "very special" they are. Special is always relative to the population and sample size. I often hear these comments from us with a population of 1.5 million, while Jamaica with double our population is inviting players from England, USA, Canada, Germany etc.

What is Elie expertise in identifying 'very special" vs. "ordinary" players?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »
Yet another local coach who flex his mouth before thinking. 4 special players? What about the rest of the TEAM. You would never catch coaches of the calibre of a Beenhakker or Stephen Hart spouting this kind of nonsense. Ken, perhaps you should test and gel the TEAM with a few quality friendlies before you rush to coronate them as CFU champs. Good luck boys, you're going to need it.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 12:41:16 PM »
Carlito Williams of Watford FC wants to play for T&T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q039YsdNsdU

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 03:05:54 PM »

Ah see he have de Stern Turn. Looking good.
 ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 04:17:14 PM »
Elie made clarifications on the radio today. Said he has observed training in Tobago and that he has made fervent efforts to incorporate the Tobago-based players, but these efforts have been frustrated  (likely by the usual suspects: resources and getting things done ... I did not hear a specific reason offered).

Seems the plan or intention is to pull a few from Tobago rather than  to integrate all from 'Bago with all from T'dad and see who can hang.

There is a group of players from Tobago currently in training for screening. They've been in training since February. Players were being screened from January via the Tobago Zone SSFL. For Tobago, this is a step in the right direction (pre-screening training sessions rather than one-off surprise dates). Hopefully this will open the Tobago player's eyes to what is possible...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:30:46 PM by Richard G. »
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 06:40:09 PM »

There is a group of players from Tobago currently in training for screening. They've been in training since February. Players were being screened from January via the Tobago Zone SSFL. For Tobago, this is a step in the right direction (pre-screening training sessions rather than one-off surprise dates). Hopefully this will open the Tobago player's eyes to what is possible...
RG, when the coach mentioned the players they've seen, he's talking about from the screening a year ago. The Tobago player is playing uphill on a sloped field. The national pool were training 3 times per week for about 4-6 weeks, and then went to 1 day a week sometime in August. They continue to train together and still haven't brought in the fellows that they selected from Tobago to be included in the initial pool.
From my experience, the following words still resonate, " we have enough strikers in Trinidad, we looking for a central midfielder and goalkeeper. We'll have you as an alternate". I'll say no more.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 06:43:51 PM »

RG, when the coach mentioned the players they've seen, he's talking about from the screening a year ago. The Tobago player is playing uphill on a sloped field. The national pool were training 3 times per week for about 4-6 weeks, and then went to 1 day a week sometime in August. They continue to train together and still haven't brought in the fellows that they selected from Tobago to be included in the initial pool.
From my experience, the following words still resonate, " we have enough strikers in Trinidad, we looking for a central midfielder and goalkeeper. We'll have you as an alternate". I'll say no more.

Been down this road before. Maybe fortunately, I didn't hear those words..." we have enough strikers in Trinidad, we looking for a central midfielder and goalkeeper. We'll have you as an alternate"....I would have blown my top. Anyhow...the work continues...
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »

yuh sure flex :beermug:

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »
Four years ago we had a group prepared in Tobago who played two games against the national team. The coach included four players into the national setup from those games.
The same process is in place. Hopefully the boys get the opportunity to play against their counterparts in Trinidad as soon as possible to give anyone that the coach likes to have a chance to gel with the team.

The games were supposed to be this weekend but we are all still waiting on any word from the TTFA.

In my opinion....without the benefit of seeing the Trinidad players..... There are about 6 or 7 players in the Tobago setup that could benefit from training with the full squad.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:37:52 AM by Rastaman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2016, 11:23:34 AM »
I am going to shout. :) "THE PROCESS" SHOULD NOT BE AS DESCRIBED! It deprives players who live in Tobago of assessment on the same basis!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
How much will it cost to send one person to Tobago one or two days a week to work with the boys. If the team trains on Tuesday and Saturday.....send an assistant coach to Tobago on Wednesday and Friday. That way when the boys are brought together the playing field s a little more level.

Beats having to carry 4-9 Tobago players to Trinidad to train with the team. That way more of them get the level of training that the national team is exposed to.......especially in the area of fitness.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-17 squad cut to 26 as Trinidad and Tobago prepare for CFU Qualifiers
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2016, 05:41:23 PM »
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 Men’s Head Coach Ken Elie has selected a 26-man squad that will continue preparations towards the final round of Caribbean Football Union Under 17 World Cup qualifiers to be staged in T&T in September.

Elie has been overseeing preparations of the team since last year June and will be pushing on with the build-up program prior to the upcoming qualifiers.

Commenting on his selection thus far, Elie said: “We’ve got a good mixture of youngsters in the squad at this stage.

“The internal competition for positions is very keen and aggressive. There are three foreign based players in Omar Da Naia and Luke Singh from Canada; and Jonathan Godette of the USA. There is interest in one Tyresse Edwards of Canada, who is the lead scorer in his region in his last two divisional playoffs.

“We are into our first of five weeks on strength and conditioning training which in being spearheaded by Ronald Bradshaw at the Gym facilities at the National Stadium.

“We will also have regular sessions in May and June where the emphasis will be on tactical and technical precision as well as our psychological state regarding our competitive application and winning attitude,” Elie added to TTFA Media.

“What we’ve noticed is not only the abundance of talent within the squad but the appetite to play for country and to continue to learn and work hard is quite impressive.

He added that among those who have been consistent in training include Renaldo Mcintosh, John-Paul Rochford, Mark Ramdeen, Keshon Hackshaw, Jevaughn Humphrey, Nion Lammy, Omar da Naia, Luke Singh and Elijah Shade.

The 2017 FIFA Under 17 World Cup will be hosted by India which is the first time any FIFA tournament will be staged there. Four teams from CONCACAF will qualify for the 24-nation World Cup slated for September 2017.

T&T have appeared at two previous Under 17 World Cups, first in 2001 in T&T when the squad included the likes of current Senior Team players Kenwyne Jones, Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip and then in 2007 South Korea when the local team qualified with players such as Kevin Molino, Daneil Cyrus, Sean De Silva, Leston Paul, Aubrey David and Sheldon Bateau.

Trinidad and Tobago U-17 Squad

NameSchoolClub
Ackeel JacobPoint Fortin East SecondaryPoint Fortin Civic FC
Andre RaymondTrinity College EastW Connection
Brandon SemperSan Juan North SecondarySan Juan Jabloteh
Christian RansomeTrinity College MokaW Connection
Che’ BennySt. Anthony’s CollegeSt. Ann’s Rangers
Darius DicksonQueen’s Royal CollegeDM Sport Academy
Darnell CharlesArima North SecondaryNorth East Stars
Devon CharlesArima North Secondary
Elijah ShadeSt. Anthony’s CollegeSan Juan Jabloteh
Emmanuel JohnTrinity College MokaSan Juan Jabloteh
Jerrin JackiePresentation College, San FernandoPoint Fortin Civic FC
Jesse WilliamsMucurapo East SecondarySt. Ann’s Rangers
Jevaughn HumphreySt. Benedict’s CollegeW Connection
John-Paul RochfordQueen’s Royal CollegeFC Santa Rosa/North East Stars
Jonathan GodetteMaryland USDC United
Judah GarciaShiva Boys Hindu CollegePoint Fortin Civic FC
Keon BoneyNorth Eastern CollegeNorth East Stars
Luke SinghCanada Soccer Academy
Mark RamdeenShiva Boys Hindu CollegeW Connection
Nickel OrrTrinity College EastSan Juan Jabloteh
Nion LammyPresentation College, San FernandoPoint Fortin Civic FC
Omar da NaiaCanada Soccer Academy
Renaldo McIntoshMayaro SecondaryClub Sando
Keshon HackshawTrinity College EastNorth East Stars
Tyrike AndrewsCouva East SecondaryW Connection
Zidane LiverpoolFive Rivers SecondaryW Connection
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »
Not a single Tobago player. Are there no good players or the coaches are not scouting Tobago players?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 05:56:20 AM »
TTFA Media

He added that among those who have been consistent in training include Renaldo Mcintosh, John-Paul Rochford, Mark Ramdeen, Keshon Hackshaw, Jevaughn Humphrey, Nion Lammy, Omar da Naia, Luke Singh and Elijah Shade.

ah the sure pics

1]; } ?>