April 25, 2024, 03:08:37 PM

Author Topic: Fire Ato Boldon Thread  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Ato Boldon Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 02:56:02 PM »
Deeks, maybe my statement was a little simplistic but I think we are on the same track.

I think we are on the same track. We want to see how TT perform in the next 3 Carifta games. We looking for performances at the base. Olimpics done. We want to see how many new faces from next year to 2019.  We want to see an increase in Tobago athletes. We want to see a bigger presence of Indo-TT in TF. We definitely want to see more female participation, especially in the longer distances. We definitely want to see across the board participation in all aspect of field events. The same goes for swimming, gymnastics and football. It would be nice if new auxiliary fields for athletics are built in different parts of the country. Athletic fields in the QP Savannah, Central St George, Grande/Toco and deep south to pull the kids into grassroots efforts. Larry Gomes, Ato, Manny Ranjohn and Dwight stadia should not have decorative running tracks. They should be put to full use. And the BUSINESS community needs to STEP UP to make contributions, NOT ONLY IN MONEY, but in ADMINISTRATION AND BEST BUSINESS PRATICES.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:26:19 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 06:33:08 AM »
Forumites! I read where this 9 year old was shot. I saw a picture where the mother on the spot where he died. Is this real! Or is this a movie. This is one of the reason why we must find an alternative for the black yutes in TT. This yute potentially should have been ready for the 2024 Olimpics. He would have been 17 yrs old. I also saw a picture of him in bling. Should he not be wearing a Jersey with Keshorn Walcott face on it. Where is all the sports club in South!  What we doing. Ato why you! Where God is?  >:( :cursing: ??? :banginghead: :pissedoff: :frustrated:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:35:29 AM by Deeks »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:59 AM »
Deeks, maybe my statement was a little simplistic but I think we are on the same track.

I think we are on the same track. We want to see how TT perform in the next 3 Carifta games. We looking for performances at the base. Olimpics done. We want to see how many new faces from next year to 2019.  We want to see an increase in Tobago athletes. We want to see a bigger presence of Indo-TT in TF. We definitely want to see more female participation, especially in the longer distances. We definitely want to see across the board participation in all aspect of field events. The same goes for swimming, gymnastics and football. It would be nice if new auxiliary fields for athletics are built in different parts of the country. Athletic fields in the QP Savannah, Central St George, Grande/Toco and deep south to pull the kids into grassroots efforts. Larry Gomes, Ato, Manny Ranjohn and Dwight stadia should not have decorative running tracks. They should be put to full use. And the BUSINESS community needs to STEP UP to make contributions, NOT ONLY IN MONEY, but in ADMINISTRATION AND BEST BUSINESS PRATICES.

Ditto!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 05:51:32 PM »

Ato Boldon breaks his silence… TTO relay team did not practise together in Rio

If what Ato Boldon said on Wednesday is true, then there must be a serious enquiry into the Trinidad and Tobago camp at the just concluded Rio Olympics.

Speaking on CNC3 on Wednesday, Boldon broke his silence by revealing that the members of the Trinidad and Tobago’s women 4×100 metre relay team never practised together while in Brazil.

Boldon, a four-time Olympic medallist, said when he saw Trinidad and Tobago women team run 42 seconds at the World Championships in 2015 in Beijing, he told them he knew they needed to work harder on their times if they are to medal at the 2016 Olympics. As part of the coaching staff then, he told them not to become complacent as they needed to improve on their times.
Read More; http://ttwhistleblower.com/ato-boldon-breaks-silence-tto-relay-team-not-practise-together-rio/

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Just read full article and spotted an error in paragraph 4.
Desiree Henry is a GB sprinter and not a Team TTO sprinter. Semoy Hackett is the athlete who anchored the TTO Women's 4x100m Relay team in Beijing in the final when we set our current national record of 42.03 rather than Desiree Henry so that 4th paragraph should read:
The T&T team at the Beijing World Championships – Kelly-Ann Baptiste, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Reyare Thomas and Semoy Hackett clocked 42.03 to capture bronze.

Ato Boldon breaks his silence… TTO relay team did not practise together in Rio
24 Aug 2016 (TTWhistleBlower.com)

If what Ato Boldon said on Wednesday is true, then there must be a serious enquiry into the Trinidad and Tobago camp at the just concluded Rio Olympics.

Speaking on CNC3 on Wednesday, Boldon broke his silence by revealing that the members of the Trinidad and Tobago’s women 4×100 metre relay team never practised together while in Brazil.

Boldon, a four-time Olympic medallist, said when he saw Trinidad and Tobago women team run 42 seconds at the World Championships in 2015 in Beijing, he told them he knew they needed to work harder on their times if they are to medal at the 2016 Olympics. As part of the coaching staff then, he told them not to become complacent as they needed to improve on their times.

The T&T team at the Beijing World Championships – Kelly-Ann Baptiste, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Reyare Thomas, and Desiree Henry clocked 42.03 to capture bronze.

At the Rio Olympics, the team enjoyed its best-ever Olympic finish in a women’s event when Semoy Hackett, Michelle-Lee Ahye, Kelly-Ann Baptiste and 18-year-old Khalifa St Fort combined for the fifth spot in the women’s sprint relay final, the T&T quartet getting the baton round the track in 42.12 seconds. United States won in 41.01, from Jamaica (41.36) and Great Britain (41.77).

Boldon, who coaches St Fort, and is an NBC track announcer, said it was important for the T&T team to improve on the Beijing performance. Despite this, the entire team never practised together for the relay events while at the Olympic Village.

Boldon said a team needed to practice several things if the members are to bring home a medal. He cited the lane infringement of the men’s 4×400 metre relay team. He said the system had broken down and if Trinidad and Tobago have to improve going forward, there must be changes.

“I think we had some bright spots. I think we have, to be honest. I think a lot of the athletes went there and did not perform as they were expected to. There were athletes who could have performed better.

“I don’t think we expected too much. Four years ago in London, we did well, so people say with all these medals in London, maybe we can improve on that total. I was disappointed yes, but you must understand everybody cannot carry the torch forever.

“I was extremely disappointed when the 4×400 men did not make the final because that is not a position we should be in. The system we have in preparing the team, especially in relays, is flawed, if not non-existent. We still believe as a country, we could go and have a thing a month before and gel the team and that is how we compete against the world.

“I don’t want to hear any ole talk from any organisation. Until you can show me, how we going to change in how we prepare for 2020, then is only ole talk. This is not our worst performance. People have short memories. From 1976 when Hasely won to 1996, there was nothing.

“The women were hungry, a lot hungry. The men are starting to age too. The feeder system is failing us. Where are the young male athletes who were supposed to have made that team?

“There are people in power who feel they are doing a good job and this is the way it should be. No, that is not the way it should be. As long as you don’t admit you have a problem, then things will remain the same.

“There has to be a fundamental change in our club system, and how we prepare our team, especially our relay teams. Imagine in 2016, we went to the Olympics with that 4×100 women relay team, without us having a practice with everybody present, ” Boldon declared.

The former T&T sprinter said a number of countries have started to plan for the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. He said the planning must start now, not wait until the Olympics are around the corner.

Another controversy erupted with the T&T team. Dr Ian Hypolite, the team’s Chef de Mission, was missing in action as he was an analyst with ESPN during the athletic segment of the Games.

Neither Hypolite, NAAA’s President Ephraim Serrette, or TTOC President, Brian Lewis, have responded to what Boldon had said.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 11:17:57 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>