March 28, 2024, 01:23:20 PM

Author Topic: Colin Kaepernick  (Read 3896 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Colin Kaepernick
« on: August 28, 2016, 04:24:36 AM »
What allyuh think about Colin's action. Is he really having identity crisis.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Kaepernick
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:35:43 PM »
What allyuh think about Colin's action. Is he really having identity crisis.
Identity crisis ? If a Indian guy(EAst, WEst or Indigenious) gives of himself to supporting black lives matter for eg, in spite of his own ppl and personal issues, is he having an identity crisis ? or we glad for the support of being careful and maybe protecting innocent ppl from becoming victims. For what it's worth, I think he's brave and in his right.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 05:20:34 PM »
No identity crisis buh he go geh lash subtly and not so subtly. Babylon (macro and micro) eh taking that without repercussions.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 08:53:45 PM »
The land of the free, he has the liberty to sit if he desires.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 08:57:33 PM »
Die Hard 9ers fan here. Hated K for having an ARM and NO brain to put it to real use. But I real like him now for the stand he's taking. Especially now that it turned to a knee, rather than just sit. His #'s on twitter gaining support.. even from white military personnel.

I recently saw he mentioned that his first 1 mill $ of this season he's donating. Sadly, it may come down to 9ers cutting him and no team wanting to take him (and his views) on. Remember he came close to being gone after last season.

Remember when that nba fella "Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf" did it first I believe and he quickly became ah nothing

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »
Still surprised he hasn't been selected by any team but what he initially stood for has taken off like wild fire.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 07:23:41 AM »
Honestly, I admire his stance. He is "paying" the price. We know that he is being blackballed. I think has he has made his point, and everyone knows the message he is conveying. Make no mistake, most NFL fans hate his stance. And they hate him also. I think the players should stop the protest and get on with football. That does not mean that they are abandoning the cause. They made their point loud and clear.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:26:28 AM by Deeks »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 11:13:01 PM »
Yes he is getting blackballed because he can easily be a starting on a few teams right now. It's funny how most of the American population is downplaying his stance and pretending that social injustice is not an issue. I am a diehard Greenbay fan and Aaron Rodgers urged packer fans to lock arms to show unity and make a stance towards injustice....only a handful of supporters did it. I wasn't really surprised because majority of the white population choose to view that stance as disrespecting the anthem, flag, troops and country.....missing the forest for the trees.
Shannon Sharpe made an excellent point today, if Aaron Rodgers had said lets stand and lock arms to show unity for the Packers beating the Bears, I'm sure 80% of them would've done it and the flag, anthem, troops, etc. would not have been an issue.

1]; } ?>