April 19, 2024, 04:35:53 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016)  (Read 25749 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Costa Rica Game (11-Nov-2016)
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2016, 03:44:18 PM »
Well just saw the game.   So of course will leave my two cents.  As sad as it is to loose a game like this, this side is a very solid unit.  We need some minor upgrades and then it will be up to the lads to believe.  Costa Rica is a solid unit and we bossed them the entire game.  Bossed them.  it was some lapses that caused the goal.  Not sure how tall man didn't track his guy all the way back.  But frankly I've never seen T&T boss Costa Rica like this.  I predict 3 in Honduras. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2016, 03:46:45 PM »
Well just saw the game.   So of course will leave my two cents.  As sad as it is to loose a game like this, this side is a very solid unit.  We need some minor upgrades and then it will be up to the lads to believe.  Costa Rica is a solid unit and we bossed them the entire game.  Bossed them.  it was some lapses that caused the goal.  Not sure how tall man didn't track his guy all the way back.  But frankly I've never seen T&T boss Costa Rica like this.  I predict 3 in Honduras. 

Sorry but to 'boss' a team you have to really dominate the game. T&T created few chances and play with a lack of intensity. Watching the game you will think T&T was going for a draw at home (which is confusing) then after the first goal they were now in a desperate situation.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2016, 04:34:24 PM »
Cato is slowly coming out if his shell. He continues to improve game by game. Once he realizes his potential, he will be another force to reckon with. Speed for days. Plus good control.

Okay so two mistakes cost us the game. Overall the team did not look too bad. I remember when we used to look "shaky" playing against Costa Rica. The team has improved. Bring Molino or Bostock into the mix, and we will have the attacking engine firing on all cylinders.

Better game in Honduras for sure. Any ideas for Cyrus replacement? What going on with the Hoytes?

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2016, 04:42:04 PM »
Cato is slowly coming out if his shell. He continues to improve game by game. Once he realizes his potential, he will be another force to reckon with. Speed for days. Plus good control.

Okay so two mistakes cost us the game. Overall the team did not look too bad. I remember when we used to look "shaky" playing against Costa Rica. The team has improved. Bring Molino or Bostock into the mix, and we will have the attacking engine firing on all cylinders.

Better game in Honduras for sure. Any ideas for Cyrus replacement? What going on with the Hoytes?

Mekeil Williams played RB at Colorado the first half of the season (two top 11 team of the week) and did it very well! Only reason why he lost his role was due to an injury and the team kept winning

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2016, 07:20:54 PM »

Sorry but to 'boss' a team you have to really dominate the game. T&T created few chances and play with a lack of intensity. Watching the game you will think T&T was going for a draw at home (which is confusing) then after the first goal they were now in a desperate situation.

It's just a different idea of what "boss" is.   Considering that CR ranked as a way better team than us I think we out played them in every area but for the mistake in D.  I would not take this score and dismiss our guys.  Like I said we need one or two more attacking mid options.  and many teams will open up like sardines. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2016, 08:03:30 PM »
I know that we fans love to express our feelings, but when I read some of the "expert" opinions on this thread, I wonder why these naysayers and fire breathing :pissedoff: commentators not coaching some club or country somewhere. This is the same Hart who was coaching in the last Gold Cup when the team tied Mexico, scoring 4 goals and repeated the drawn game scoring 3 a few months later. Fought Panama into overtime. I believe that the team appears to have regressed. My opinion? This team goes for months without playing any International Friendlies. No team, no matter how good the individual players are, can succeed, or get better, or remain playing at a high level without frequently playing together.  The US has played about 20 games for the year already. We expect to just show up and play. It isn't Hart, it isn't the quality of the players, it is the lack of preparation of the team by not playing together frequently; and much of that is out of Hart's hands. That's my take.
Relax fellas!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2016, 08:19:13 PM »
Cummings better than Jomal?? I am sure that's why he plays in TT Pro league at 28 and Jomal in Mexico at 22.

Nonsensical comment. Yuh better than that. Or should be.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 08:40:07 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2016, 08:21:49 PM »

It's just a different idea of what "boss" is.   Considering that CR ranked as a way better team than us I think we out played them in every area but for the mistake in D.  I would not take this score and dismiss our guys.  Like I said we need one or two more attacking mid options.  and many teams will open up like sardines.

We did NOT outplay Costa Rica.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2016, 08:57:22 PM »
I know that we fans love to express our feelings, but when I read some of the "expert" opinions on this thread, I wonder why these naysayers and fire breathing :pissedoff: commentators not coaching some club or country somewhere. This is the same Hart who was coaching in the last Gold Cup when the team tied Mexico, scoring 4 goals and repeated the drawn game scoring 3 a few months later. Fought Panama into overtime. I believe that the team appears to have regressed. My opinion? This team goes for months without playing any International Friendlies. No team, no matter how good the individual players are, can succeed, or get better, or remain playing at a high level without frequently playing together.  The US has played about 20 games for the year already. We expect to just show up and play. It isn't Hart, it isn't the quality of the players, it is the lack of preparation of the team by not playing together frequently; and much of that is out of Hart's hands. That's my take.
Relax fellas!

:beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2016, 09:05:53 PM »
Dont try to sell Jomal right now. He has some potential. But he just aint ready for this level right now. Ballpest has proven otherwise. On the other hand Cyrus will never be good. He has no head, no skill and if Hart cant see that tells me that Hart himself has to go!!.

One game is nothing. Cummings is in TT Pro league at 28 for a reason. He has done nothing against Guatemala in the 2-1 away win.

Jomal plays in a higher level league than Costa Rica first division. And he actually manages to shine there.

He did not "shine" last night ... which spoke volumes because the conditions for "shining" were available.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2016, 09:51:48 PM »
Maybe the upside to this loss is the team raising their level of play. This loss was a reality check. They know the quality of thr opponents in this round is high. I hope this loss becomes the catalyst to get us going.

Still, this 2-0 should not have HAPPENED .

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2016, 09:59:03 PM »
Cummings better than Jomal?? I am sure that's why he plays in TT Pro league at 28 and Jomal in Mexico at 22.

Nonsensical comment. Yuh better than that. Or should be.

Like two meaningless games against Mexico back ups are sufficient to make a great career. Look at his current season stats in the ultra competitive amateur local league whose best side gets goals like it rains against Pumas.

http://us.soccerway.com/players/keron-cummings/75334/

Now compare to Jomal who is usually a left winger by the way. First time he plays CAM role.

http://us.soccerway.com/players/jomal-williams/145543/

The team actually played good posession in the first half yesterday. I wouldn't touch the line up except for Cyrus (call Williams already) and maybe Mitchell, as I rate Marshall more.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:17:29 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2016, 10:10:02 PM »
Dont try to sell Jomal right now. He has some potential. But he just aint ready for this level right now. Ballpest has proven otherwise. On the other hand Cyrus will never be good. He has no head, no skill and if Hart cant see that tells me that Hart himself has to go!!.

One game is nothing. Cummings is in TT Pro league at 28 for a reason. He has done nothing against Guatemala in the 2-1 away win.

Jomal plays in a higher level league than Costa Rica first division. And he actually manages to shine there.

He did not "shine" last night ... which spoke volumes because the conditions for "shining" were available.

Actually he played good posession and drew a lot of fouls and had the only shot near the goal in the first half. Hart said that as well in post game interview.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:51:59 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2016, 05:12:15 AM »
Well yes, almost speechless. Echoing Sando, why were we playing like if a draw was de real scene after already claiming that we trying to win the home games. Costa Rica was primed for a beating had we just turned up. Ah still mad bout the Molino scene, especially since ah seeing people talking bout when he come back. So he gets to come back? If so, who did Hart really punish? Felt like it was the fans.  I don't know what politics goin on in the TT FA right now, but Hart play conservative, like his job on the line. Either free de man so he can revert to previous Gold Cup Hart or fire him but do not dull him; he already soft spoken. Free up de man.
To the team; unfortunately, your inability to unlock Costa Rica defense has left us with nothing from a home game. So now we must fetch for it on de road. Whether or not the dressing room is in disarray, the public at large has determined that this team full of real quality. We expect more I imagine. Is go have to be dat! There is no other satisfactory outcome. 
Lets go Warriors!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2016, 05:51:43 AM »

Actually he played good posession and drew a lot of fouls and had the only shot near the goal in the first half. Hart said that as well in post game interview.

Posession buys you a Pepsi and a sweet bun. On the fine dining stage of WC qualifying, possession is not the main course, it's an appetizer or hors d'oeuvre. Nobody awarding the chef special praise based on that.

Talk to me about penetration. And about whether he understands his role defensively.

Let me ask you this? No agenda. Just want ah honest answer. Do you think he should have played 90 minutes?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:06:33 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2016, 08:04:32 AM »
We wanted 3 or 4 points right guys? 3 points still up for grabs!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

1]; } ?>