March 28, 2024, 01:16:13 PM

Author Topic: Molino goal lifts T&T over Panama.  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Molino goal lifts T&T over Panama.
« on: March 25, 2017, 01:56:07 AM »
Molino goal lifts T&T over Panama.
CONCACAF.COM.

Trinidad & Tobago (1W-0D-2L, 3 points) secured its first points in the final round of CONCACAF qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, earning a 1-0 win over visiting Panama (1-1-1, 4) on Friday at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Kevin Molino struck for the game’s only goal in the 37th minute, when he beat goalkeeper Jaime Penedo with a right-footed effort from outside the box.

The victory was Dennis Lawrence’s first for the Soca Warriors in a competitive match, since replacing Tom Saintfiet as head coach slightly more than two months ago.  Lawrence, who started in all three of T&T’s matches in the 2006 World Cup, was previously an assistant under Roberto Martinez at Wigan, Everton and Belgium.

T&T improved to 5-0-0 all-time in World Cup Qualifying against Panama, which is winless in three of its last four Russia 2018 encounters and has scored only two goals over that stretch.

Two other CONCACAF Hexagonal matches will be played later in the evening: Mexico-Costa Rica and USA-Honduras.

Results

Trinidad and Tobago 1 (Kevin Molino 37), Panama 0 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain.

Mexico 2 (Javier Hernandez 5, Nester Araujo 45), Costa Rica 0 at the Estadio Azteca, Mexico City;

United States 6 (Sebastian LLetget 5, Michael Bradley 27, Clint Dempsey 32, 49, 54, Christian Pulisic 46), Honduras 0 at the Avaya Stadium, California.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago: 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 11.Carlos Edwards, 25.Curtis Gonzales, 5.Daneil Cyrus, 17.Mekeil Williams; 19.Kevan George, 8.Khaleem Hyland; 7.Cordell Cato (16.Levi Garcia 64th), 10.Kevin Molino (13.Hughtun Hector 79th), 3.Joevin Jones; 9.Kenwyne Jones (capt) (20.Jamille Boatswain 83rd).

Unused substitutes: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK), 22.Glenroy Samuel (GK), 2.Aubrey David, 12.Hashim Arcia, 14.Andre Boucaud, 18.Tristan Hodge, 23.Leston Paul, 26.Willis Plaza, 27.Nathan Lewis.

Coach: Dennis Lawrence

Panama: 1.Jaime Penedo; 13.Adolfo Machado (2.Michael Amir 74th - Yellow 80), 23.Felipe Baloy (capt), 5.Roman Torres, 17.Luis Ovalle; 21.Amilcar Henriquez; 8.Edgar Barcenas (9.Gabriel Torres 63rd), 11.Armando Cooper, 20.Anibal Godoy, 19.Alberto Quintero (18.Luis Tejada 57th); 22.Abdiel Arroyo.

Unused substitutes: 12.Jose Calderon (GK), 3.Jan Carlos, 4.Roderick Miller, 7.Oscar Villarreal, 10.Alejandro Taylor, 14.Miguel Camargo, 16.Josiel Nunez, 15.Eric Davis.

Coach: Hernan Gomez.

Standings

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
Mexico  3  2  1  0  4  1  7
Costa Rica  3  2  0  1  6  2  6
Panama  3  1  1  1  1  1  4
United States  3  1  0  2  7  6  3
Trinidad & Tobago  3  1  0  2  2  5  3
Honduras  3  1  0  2  3  8  3

Next up on March 28, 2017

Trinidad & Tobago v Mexico
Panama v USA

RELATED NEWS

Three Points in the Bag!
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago secured its first three points with a deserving 1-0 victory over Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in CONCACAF Final World Cup qualifying on Friday night.

A 37th minute goal by Minnesota United forward Kevin Molino did the job for the hosts before the home fans in Port of Spain.

Losers of their first two matches in the six-team final round home-and-away qualifiers to Costa Rica (0-2) and Honduras (1-3), T&T took to the field under the guidance of  Dennis Lawrence in search of a first win.

And from early on, the hosts, skippered by striker Kenwyne Jones, asserted themselves against the visitors, just as coach Lawrence hoped.

Early on it was all one-way traffic with Seattle Sounders utility player Joevin Jones firing a free-kick over bar from just outside the 18-yard box in the fourth minute, while nine minutes later, the Carenage-born danger man had Panama goalkeeper Jaime Penedo Cano at full stretch to tip over a scorching effort from a left sided shot that looked destined to sneak in the underside of the crossbar.

Panama managed to withstand the early pressure from T&T and on the half-hour mark created its best chance with striker Abdiel Arroyo heading wide of the target after being left unmarked in the Soca Warriors’ 18-yard box.

Urged on by coach Lawrence from the sidelines, Central defender Daniel Cyrus forced the ball up the centre of the field to Molino, who held off two challenges and from the edge of the 18-yard box, fired a low right-footed shot that nestled into the bottom right hand corner of the goal past Cano.

On the stroke of half-time Panama, who, like T&T, held the ball well in possession, had a chance to get on even terms from a free-kick. However, goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, who up to that point was much busier with back passes from his team-mates, was equal to the task and parried away right-footed shot from Edgar Yoel Barcenas, with veteran right back Carlos Edwards on spot to head away the rebound for a corner.

The Panamanians started the second half in much brighter fashion and pinned T&T back for a few minutes, but the closest they came to a goal was a few wild flashes across the T&T penalty area which were easily dealt with.

At the other end, the lively Cordell Cato created a great chance for T&T to double its advantage in the 62nd, but after running almost 40 yards with the ball and finding a surging Molino, he could only fire into the body of Cano low down.

Four minutes later, Jones  outran Panama captain and Last stopper Felipe Baloy.

However,  he dragged a left-footed shot into the side netting. But that effort did not sum up a workman-like performance from the big man.

In the end, Molino’s strike was enough to secure T&T’s first three points in the final round on the road to Russia 2018, and a sure confidence booster ahead of Tuesday’s match against Mexico at the same venue from 7 pm, where coach Lawrence will look to add to his debut World Cup qualifying win.

Post Match Press Conference Lawrence speaks about the win

Highlights - T&T defeats Panama 1-0 in World Cup Qualifier

Molino fires T&T past Panama.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

KEVIN MOLINO’S past indiscretions were soon forgotten with a 37th minute goal to help Trinidad and Tobago beat Panama 1-0 and gain their first points in the 2018 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Final Round campaign in a combative encounter last evening at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

With Panama central defender Roman Torres off the field after losing his left shoe in a tangle with T&T captain Kenwyne Jones, the T&T attackers took full advantage with Molino taking a pass from Joevin Jones on the left, moving into vacant space centrally and slotting a right-footer to the bottom righthand corner of Jaime Cano’s net. It was Molino’s first goal and match of the current hexagonal campaign after serving a two-game suspension under former coach Stephen Hart for breaking team curfew. He did not play during the short reign of Belgian Tom Saintfiet.

The final whistle from Honduras referee Orlando Matamoros brought huge relief to newly installed T&T coach Dennis Lawrence as he was embraced by his huge technical staff at the end of a tense affair.

Lawrence, making his debut as a coach in competitive international football, reverted to the core of the players who featured in the previous qualifiers under Hart.

However, with centre-back Sheldon Bateau suspended and his regular sidekick Carlyle Mitchell injured, Curtis Gonzales was partnered with Daneil Cyrus in the central defensive positions while veteran Carlos Edwards took up Cyrus’ regular spot at right-back.

Joevin Jones had the first goal-scoring opportunity, in the fifth minute, when he won a freekick outside the penalty box and took it himself, but the left-footed effort ailed a few metres overbar.

Panama had a chance to open the scoring in the 12th minute, as striker Abdiel Arroyo slipped behind the defence to meet a cross from Anibal Godoy, but his header went wide.

There was end-to-end action at that stage of the game, with Joevin Jones, who had Kenwyne Jones and Cordell Cato in the box, deciding to take on the goalie and his effort was brilliantly tipped overbar by the alert Cano.

The game went into a brief lull, but Torres’ misfortune was taken advantage of by the goal-bound Molino who lashed his shot low to the goalkeeper’s right.

Panama midfielder Edgar Barcenas had a chance to restore parity, at the stroke of halftime, after he was fouled by Khaleem Hyland but his effort was pushed wide by an alert Jan-Michael Williams.

Panama had the bulk of chances in the second half but they were let down by their lack of firepower in the final third and a well-organised T&T backline.

Barcenas had an effort parried by Jan-Michael in the 53rd while his volley went sky-high three minutes later.

In a rare attacking move, Cato muscled his way through the Panama defence and fed Molino whose effort was held low to his left by Cano.

The much-maligned Kenwyne Jones did well to race on to a long clearance by Hyland but, after leaving Panama stopper Felipe Baloy for dead, he chose the wrong option and struck the side-netting.

Molino was taken off in the 80th as a precautionary measure after a muscle injury and the TT team held firm, despite concerted pressure from the Panama attackers.

Trinidad and Tobago will now turn their attention towards Tuesday’s game against Mexico, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, while Panama will be hosting the United States, also on Tuesday.

TEAMS

TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO: Jan-Michael Williams; Daneil Cyrus, Curtis Gonzales, Mekeil Williams, Carlos Edwards; Kevan George, Khaleem Hyland, Joevin Jones, Cordell Cato (Levi Garcia 64th), Kevin Molino (Hughtun Hector 80th); Kenwyne Jones (capt) (Jamille Boatswain 84th).

PANAMA: Jaime Cano; Roman Torres, Felipe Baloy (capt), Luis Ovalle, Aldolfo Machado (Michael Murillo 74th); Amilcar Henriquez, Armando Cooper, Edgar Barcenas (Gabriel Torres 64th), Alberto Medina (Luis Tejada 59th), Anibal Godoy; Abdiel Arroyo.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:25:59 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Molino goal lifts T&T over Panama.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 04:38:12 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago’s 1-0 win over Panama

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dfWhSRBkMEg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dfWhSRBkMEg</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 04:42:38 AM »
Congrats to the team but it was a very lack lustre performance and it was not as attacking and lacked the flare like before under Hart...

We can't play this mediocre brand of football against Mexico or we will lose badly... Hart had them figured out, I hope Tallest comes better than what we saw from him today, because his tactics were lacking

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 09:14:57 AM »
Congrats to the team but it was a very lack lustre performance and it was not as attacking and lacked the flare like before under Hart...

We can't play this mediocre brand of football against Mexico or we will lose badly... Hart had them figured out, I hope Tallest comes better than what we saw from him today, because his tactics were lacking

Hart saw us losing to Panama everytime it counted
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:20:46 AM »

Hart saw us losing to Panama everytime it counted
How many times was that, btw ? And how did it go down ? ah fine we quick to bad talk.
 Anyway, great job by Coach Lawrence and the team, best control I have seen from the team. Sometimes the knock was a little to tight, but saw the idea. Carlos down the line pass doh..became to predictable. Great goal Molino. We need more opportunities doh. KJ, good game, and we will forgive that one moment of looking for glory, yuh musbe wanted to give ppl the Stern dussoff. doh bother with dat, dread. Cyrus, I know yuh askin "How yuh like me now", yet still Panama had to many close chances, still work to do. Big save Jan. Hyland, yuh make meh hush meh mouth bout yuh inconcistency, bring it again, thanks.  JJ, don't do to much to soon, and then run out of steam, pace yuhself, still yuh had Panama bench real nervous. Well done everyone. Tougher test ahead. Level 2, Big Boss ! Fight !

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
Dennis Lawrence is a better coach than many of us may think. I watched the game yesterday and as with the Barbados game DL played 4-2-3-1 with the deep lying possession game where when we are in possession, one of the two defensive midfielders  drops in-between the two centre backs to help bring the ball out the back. My concern then, is what it was yesterday, and continue to be, is the personnel to execute that kind of link play. Panama didn't press too high so there was some ease on attempting to do that. For all what he brings to the table Kevan George doesn't have the range of passing to execute that on a consistent basis but there was an adjustment at half time with more of a mix of play out of the back and long balls to the centre forward. We may not like the long ball but i think its extremely effective with our style of play where the attacking midfielders can run in behind the Centre Forward. Unfortunately this team still needs more time to work, time we don't have. I do think once we can match the opposition effort, we will never be out of any game.

It's the little in-game tactical adjustments which at this level makes all the difference. I think what we got from the game was effort, effort I surely haven't seen for more than a year, and once you get the effort levels the talent which we all know is there will start to come through. The investment in the sports science is what i think needs to come to the table in preparation for Tuesday. What is the necessary recovery work is required to get another 90 minutes of effort. 4 days with no travel is sufficient to get another full effort.

Apart from the coaching Dennis Lawrence as a character is good for this team, I think it's what is needed at this time, he is one of us, right out of the semi pro league with Defense Force, getting booed off the pitch in his first ever senior team game against Haiti in that same stadium to the glory of his solo effort against this same opposition and the header that took us to Germany. He can impart a philosophy that in the face of the greatest adversity, or when everybody else has written you off that a comeback is still on, it is always on.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 01:30:45 PM »
Dennis Lawrence is a better coach than many of us may think. I watched the game yesterday and as with the Barbados game DL played 4-2-3-1 with the deep lying possession game where when we are in possession, one of the two defensive midfielders  drops in-between the two centre backs to help bring the ball out the back. My concern then, is what it was yesterday, and continue to be, is the personnel to execute that kind of link play. Panama didn't press too high so there was some ease on attempting to do that. For all what he brings to the table Kevan George doesn't have the range of passing to execute that on a consistent basis but there was an adjustment at half time with more of a mix of play out of the back and long balls to the centre forward. We may not like the long ball but i think its extremely effective with our style of play where the attacking midfielders can run in behind the Centre Forward. Unfortunately this team still needs more time to work, time we don't have. I do think once we can match the opposition effort, we will never be out of any game.

It's the little in-game tactical adjustments which at this level makes all the difference. I think what we got from the game was effort, effort I surely haven't seen for more than a year, and once you get the effort levels the talent which we all know is there will start to come through. The investment in the sports science is what i think needs to come to the table in preparation for Tuesday. What is the necessary recovery work is required to get another 90 minutes of effort. 4 days with no travel is sufficient to get another full effort.

Apart from the coaching Dennis Lawrence as a character is good for this team, I think it's what is needed at this time, he is one of us, right out of the semi pro league with Defense Force, getting booed off the pitch in his first ever senior team game against Haiti in that same stadium to the glory of his solo effort against this same opposition and the header that took us to Germany. He can impart a philosophy that in the face of the greatest adversity, or when everybody else has written you off that a comeback is still on, it is always on.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 01:40:10 PM »
I support Tallest fully but not a fan of this brand, we are under utilizing our players strengths, especially in the mid... there was no flair at all yesterday... the team needs to play much better to beat Mexico and despite molinos goal, we are still lacking that spark that Cummings brought to the midfield
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:41:41 PM by Controversial »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 02:16:51 PM »
I support Tallest fully but not a fan of this brand, we are under utilizing our players strengths, especially in the mid... there was no flare at all yesterday... the team needs to play much better to beat Mexico and despite molinos goal, we are still lacking that spark that Cummings brought to the midfield

Lawrence is under tremendous pressure to win games. With respect, I want him to win first then worry about flare after. IMO we must support the coaches and team to do what is neccessary with the meagre resources they have been given. We beat Panama in Lawrence first competitive international with only Barbados as prep. We have a poor record against Mexico, even under Hart we were unable to beat them at our best. Hart instilled belief, give lawrence a chance to continue that work and come into his own
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
WATCH: Post-match press conference with Head Coach Dennis Lawrence after Trinidad and Tobago’s 1-0 win over Panama.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Su1UsevLtK8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Su1UsevLtK8</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 06:02:08 PM »
WATCH: Post-match reactions from Kenwyne Jones, Mekeil Williams, Carlos Edwards, and Khaleem Hyland

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cn9RrHl7daM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cn9RrHl7daM</a>

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
We dont have any flare players that is a figment of our imagination.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 09:33:39 PM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from midfielder Levi Garcia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oR23AiiyCLM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oR23AiiyCLM</a>

WATCH: Post-match comments from Captain Kenwyne Jones

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hMfdOIERM5A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hMfdOIERM5A</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2017, 02:41:31 AM »
I support Tallest fully but not a fan of this brand, we are under utilizing our players strengths, especially in the mid... there was no flare at all yesterday... the team needs to play much better to beat Mexico and despite molinos goal, we are still lacking that spark that Cummings brought to the midfield

Lawrence is under tremendous pressure to win games. With respect, I want him to win first then worry about flare after. IMO we must support the coaches and team to do what is neccessary with the meagre resources they have been given. We beat Panama in Lawrence first competitive international with only Barbados as prep. We have a poor record against Mexico, even under Hart we were unable to beat them at our best. Hart instilled belief, give lawrence a chance to continue that work and come into his own
i don't know why we even entertain this wanker with his rants about hart like if hart is the only coach tailor made to fit this team. truth is hart lossed the dressing room and the players wasn't playing for him anymore and it happens in pro sports where players call out for change, now Dennis is it so let's leave the blasted past and look ahead.

hart is gone and he's never coming back in this capacity so please move on and stop raining on our parade mr controversial. Please stop.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 04:43:39 AM »

i don't know why we even entertain this wanker with his rants about hart like if hart is the only coach tailor made to fit this team. truth is hart lossed the dressing room and the players wasn't playing for him anymore and it happens in pro sports where players call out for change, now Dennis is it so let's leave the blasted past and look ahead.

hart is gone and he's never coming back in this capacity so please move on and stop raining on our parade mr controversial. Please stop.

Who's "WE" you tool? The other blind mice that parade around the board like they know football, when they don't know from their ass to their elbow lol give me a break

Just because you support a team doesn't mean they are immune to critiquing and can't be assessed... Tallest has my support but only the narrow minded and short sighted ignores what transpired not too long ago and what is currently going on..

Mexico is the game we need to win, a draw won't do, because we are in the negative in terms of goal difference which could come back to haunt us.. he needs to get the team to play a better brand of football than what we saw because Mexico won't make the same mistakes..

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:36 AM »
The word is flair guys. Thanks.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 09:20:15 AM »

Who's "WE" you tool? The other blind mice that parade around the board like they know football, when they don't know from their ass to their elbow lol give me a break

Just because you support a team doesn't mean they are immune to critiquing and can't be assessed... Tallest has my support but only the narrow minded and short sighted ignores what transpired not too long ago and what is currently going on..

Mexico is the game we need to win, a draw won't do, because we are in the negative in terms of goal difference which could come back to haunt us.. he needs to get the team to play a better brand of football than what we saw because Mexico won't make the same mistakes..
we as in everyone who's a member here. I am sure no one is on board with your imbecilic behavior from the time Steven hart has been replaced. please do a survey and see who's in support of your childish  rants for the past six months. please don't reply to me because I could almost predict the substance of your reply, just do the survey I dare you too.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
breds...i know a few forum men ready to leave the site because of dis cacah@le.... people cant take it no more...

C#NTro...cool it nah breds...we all Love hart...we do...believe me...he is a very very close friend of mine...DJW fire de man...we have out team to support...wha we go do...we have to move on...

enough nah man...really... or...someone start a forum for him alone nah  www.c#ntrocacaholefootball.com 
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 09:44:40 AM »
Ah really wanted to say something bout it, but then ah say lemme chill.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 06:18:10 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 08:39:03 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Auto correct on my end... just noticed that...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »

Thanks for being anal... just noticed that spelling error due to my auto correct ...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »
breds...i know a few forum men ready to leave the site because of dis cacah@le.... people cant take it no more...

C#NTro...cool it nah breds...we all Love hart...we do...believe me...he is a very very close friend of mine...DJW fire de man...we have out team to support...wha we go do...we have to move on...

enough nah man...really... or...someone start a forum for him alone nah  www.c#ntrocacaholefootball.com 
:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 08:46:45 PM »

we as in everyone who's a member here. I am sure no one is on board with your imbecilic behavior from the time Steven hart has been replaced. please do a survey and see who's in support of your childish  rants for the past six months. please don't reply to me because I could almost predict the substance of your reply, just do the survey I dare you too.

Doing a survey with the majority on here being brainless sheep who were convinced the dictator was the right man for the job from the beginning?  :D

What will this survey prove? That there is a herd mentality amongst the majority and people who disagree with me and freedom of speech will vote against me?

Talk yuh talk, that is what this board was founded on, when Marc who is a friend to me started it back in 98/99... where were you? I've been here from the beginning, not a Johnny come lately like yourself ...

Stay in your lane or ride out...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »

You support freedom of speech? Or a dictatorship?

Talk yuh talk, you remember that? I've been here longer than you fool.. that's what this board was started on, you speak your mind no matter what, so I'll Say what I want, when I want to say it.. you can choose to ignore it or ride out...

I have no time to get into arguments with people who are ignorant...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 09:04:05 PM »

You support freedom of speech? Or a dictatorship?

Talk yuh talk, you remember that? I've been here longer than you fool.. that's what this board was started on, you speak your mind no matter what, so I'll Say what I want, when I want to say it.. you can choose to ignore it or ride out...

I have no time to get into arguments with people who are ignorant...

What did Big Magician say that tells you he is a dictator?
Big Magician is literally begging you to cool it as you are driving folks away with you negative vibes.

Your negative posts and constant moaning about Hart and DJW is really off putting when we need some positives vibes in support of our team right now.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 04:52:22 AM »
Fair-weather people.
By Fazeer Mohammed (Express).

One of the consequences of never having to really fight for anything in our recent history, coupled with a political culture that promotes party loyalty over true nationhood and civic-mindedness, was manifestly evident on Friday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Oh, and before going any further, I admit to being as guilty as anyone else.

Ahead of the game against Panama, you couldn't tell that a vital World Cup football qualifier was looming.
Even on the day itself, there was no sense of anticipation beyond the best efforts of certain elements of the media. Of course defeats in the first two fixtures of this final phase of CONCACAF qualification, followed by the replacement of two head coaches in the space of six weeks and clear evidence of dissension among the ranks of the players, contributed to the sense of chaos.

Some may even wish to blame the economy for a venue that was less than half full, although MX Prime and the Ultimate Rejects rubbished that notion of being bothered by a recession when they reminded us to “promote a fete and you will see!” as part of that runaway road march refrain.

So let us not beat around the bush. We are not, and have never been, true supporters of the national cause, whether that cause is in sport, the arts of even simply doing the right, lawful thing. To get us involved there has to be an immediate, direct benefit or, as in the case of sport, an opportunity to ride a bandwagon.

And now that the engine has started belatedly in the final round, thanks to Kevin Molino's first half strike, and a much more energetic performance overall by the national side in that 1-0 win, it is only reasonable to expect a few thousand more turning up for tomorrow's clash with Mexico at the same venue, a Mexican team that sits at the top of the table following their 2-0 defeat of previous leaders Costa Rica at the Azteca.

Of course it is only natural for there to be a waning of enthusiasm when a team is performing poorly, whether we're talking about national representation or club competition. Even in the most popular leagues in the world it is commonplace to see more and more rows of empty seats when a season is going badly.

There is still a core support though at the very worst of times, a constituency of supporters who remain loyal to their team come what may, even if they are thoroughly dissatisfied with players, coach, management, ticket prices or whatever else there is to get a supporter upset.

And that core support is no tiny minority of fans, as in our case, but a majority of tens of thousands, for whom rallying round a national team or a local club is something that is non-negotiable for it is seen as part of their very identity.

Well, we don't really identify with Trinidad and Tobago in a real sense here, and certainly not the West Indies, although the Queen's Park Oval will be ram-crammed for the three T20 Internationals against Pakistan beginning on Thursday.

There are of course several vocal and very visible exceptions who are immediately identifiable because they are always there, which only serves to prove the rule. Could this all be a legacy of 1989, and more specifically November 19?

Maybe, and we should never forget the lessons from that experience, although it shouldn't mean we can continue with our lives as if all that matters is what is of direct benefit to us and it is enough to maintain little more than a casual connection to occasions which should galvanise us as a real nation – like supporting the red, white and black because we have a sense of belonging.

Let it also be made clear here that indifference should not be replaced by the other extreme – mindless, violent fanaticism. Some propagate the notion that insulting and intimidating the opposition, and even engaging in acts of violence, are what passionate support is all about. Again November 19, 1989 is referenced in the context that nowhere in Latin America or many other parts of the world would the Americans have escaped physically unscathed after dashing a nation's hopes of an historic first-ever World Cup finals appearance.

To each his own, but if your concept of national fervour is to have opposition players ducking and diving from missiles hurled at them on the way to the venue or at the stadium itself during play, well, you need anger management therapy.

So how about it then? Just the right dosage of true nationalism, and how about a bit of regionalism while we're at it? As mentioned at the top, I'm prepared to receive a shot, if that's what it takes.

Video - Why wasn't the T&T vs Panama match shown on local television?

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:58:43 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NxmQwN90iVs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NxmQwN90iVs</a>

1]; } ?>