July 25, 2017, 12:48:32 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (1-Sept-2017)  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (1-Sept-2017)
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

Don't expect to see the same sell out crowds we saw when we played against the US and Guatemala at home. This time around expect a small home crowd as everyone is disappointed with the campaign

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
Contro., we performed well in the prelims of the two GC tournaments that Hart coached. For whatever reason we performed above par vs Mexico, the strongest team in the region. The memorable 4-4. was the apex. And also the 3-3 friendly against them. Why we psyched against Mexico. I don't know. But against Panama we let down. We get a next shot to go to the Copa, we fall flat against a make shift Haitian team. So what is your point that we used to score at will against teams. I agree that under Hart we used to make plenty scoring chances. But  by then Hart had the team for more than a year. How many games Tallest has under his belt so far? 10? He still trying to figure out the best eleven. Unfortunately, he has to figure this out in the Hex. He is doing his best under the circumstances.

You keep ignoring the issues surrounding the team, strike, player getting shot, djw bacially upsetting Hart and undermining him... sabotaging our national program

So when you talk about Haiti and that year, it was under the dictator, so yeah of course our team chemistry diminished and we didn't play the free flowing football we were playing previously..

I can't understand why people forget the factors surrounding the team at that time and somehow try to say it was a fluke, it wasn't, it was sabotage on the part of the dictator that caused the drop in performance

For the first time in the history of me watching the national team, when we dropped a goal or were behind, I had no doubt we would come back or win... that's the confidence I'm speaking about
ok mate we got it......now...... when are we going to get passed this stale same old same old argument, you do know by going on and on about Steve hart isnt doing the man's image any favors right? dude by bringing up the same topic over and over actually kills the effectiveness of your message in case anyone was taking you somewhat seriously.

Please mister try and change that record it's getting on my last nerve now. how could you be so inconsiderate of others to think that we would want to hear the same ole topic every time we hear from you? come on man grow up.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »
Where does W Connection play it's home matches?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »

No brainer.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »

No brainer.

I serious.  I don't know.  Where do they play their home games?  Which venue?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »

No brainer.

Ato Bolden stadium.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »

No brainer.

Ato Bolden stadium.

Thanks.

Consistent

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 05:22:52 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago to play World Cup Qualifier against Honduras at Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday, September 1st at 8pm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ</a>

Very foolish decision by the federation to take the team to couva in traffic which reminds me of when they took the team to Tobago to play Costa rica in 2009. how could you take the team all the way to couva 45 minutes away when they could take a five minute ride to the hasely crawford where we have grown accustomed too. what would fat head DJW think of next. there's never dull moment in Trinidad football, what a bunch of brainless mooks.

Did the change in venue for that Costa Rica game in 2009 really hamper our performance on the field? 
"Buy a little rag and put it in yuh pocket,
Buy a little flag,
That's de way dey do it,
Find yuh self ah band and
Find ah good position,
When de music blast,
You'll find how to play mas!!!!...."

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago to play World Cup Qualifier against Honduras at Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday, September 1st at 8pm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ</a>

Very foolish decision by the federation to take the team to couva in traffic which reminds me of when they took the team to Tobago to play Costa rica in 2009. how could you take the team all the way to couva 45 minutes away when they could take a five minute ride to the hasely crawford where we have grown accustomed too. what would fat head DJW think of next. there's never dull moment in Trinidad football, what a bunch of brainless mooks.

Did the change in venue for that Costa Rica game in 2009 really hamper our performance on the field?
that seem like a loaded question and I get the feeling like I am walking into a trap if I answer were to answer honestly but allow me to answer anyway. who knows what the out come would have been had we played in familiar surroundings HSC where we have had a string of very good results of any venue in the country. the point of my dissatisfaction with a venue change is that we have a home ground in the HSC where so far we have had relative success so why change it. we have had some success at the AB but nothing compared to the HSC where the lads know every crease and crevice of the pitch and in my view that's a huge waste of home field advantage.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:53:12 PM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 07:59:58 AM »
Why people making ah big deal for this .....d campaign done at ah stage where plenty people may not go to d game.....5,000 people in ah 10,000 seat stadia will give more atmosphere than 5000 in 27,000 seats

And couva does generate some atmosphere even when nutten much eh happen AFAIK. ....d same is not true for HCS

AND why d f**k every game hadda be in PoS d ress ah T&T is not people too

D fed actually trying to use dey brain lil bit stop being selfish and give it ah chance nah

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »
I have no problem with trying other venues.  As long as they're FIFA approved venues, why not spread matches throughout the country?

That said.....AFAIK....Couva eh no hotbed of football.  Besides that, way more so than the HC Stadium.....Ato Boldon Stadium is a logistical nightmare for anyone without a vehicle to get to.  It done hard for people who have a car anyway.

As for atmosphere.....it really doesn't matter.  Someone said that the only way we will get enthusiasm and real support at any T&T matches is if we import fans.  That's gospel right there.  We are a people like to WATCH football and make we little comments as the match goes on.  It seems like the only time we make any kind of noise at a football match is to waste dong players or when a man get breed. 

It is what it is.   That said......I eh get the feeling that this move is about spreading the football elsewhere in the country.

DJW just take a step further than Trump.  Trump would prefer to live and work out of Trump Plaza in New York but instead, he have to spend his weekdays living at the White House. 

DJW move everything to he "home" and to f**k with everybody else.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 12:37:28 PM »
D logistical nightmare we can agree on....as ah said earlier couva wouldna be my first choice.......due to ify commuter transportation....still tink dat under d circumstances ah smaller stadium might be best...my personal choice would be manny, d area jus safer for commuters than couva and easier to get to

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
Guys would you all believe that about 1975, in midweek, TT played Barbados in the Oval in front about 15 thousand, maybe 18 thousand in an Olympic qualifying match. Not WC. So that "no longer" interested in football came when the special advisor started to f--k up the admin. side of football. This happened over a 25 year period. So like it is part of our culture now. This generation don't know of our pass enthusiasm for football and sports.

Yes in the past mostly all sporting events(football and cricket mainly) were scheduled in POS. And we had bare bone facilities. We did not even have a athletics track and people used to go to Walker Park in Caroni for track and field. Well don't talk about Guaracara Park. It was the numero Uno destination for track and cycling. Especially Southern Games. It just these blood-sucking  wanna-be administrators, are the ones who turn off a whole generation from ENJOYING SPORTS. And they continuing to do it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »
Honestly, I don't mind playing the game at ATO. Jeez-an, you could see the top of the stadium from the highway. Why is it so difficult to organize smooth transport to the venue. That same RR that was rejected would have help immensely in facilitating the "smooth" movement of fans to the stadium. Is TTFA organizing some buses to take fans down there? Cheups!!! Get there whichever way you can.

Like Palos said, DJW move everything to he "home" and to f**k with everybody else.. That is it right dey. But if I was home, I would definitely ban meh belly and go to the game. We need to support the Warriors. We will deal with DJW later.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:30:10 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »
Guys would you all believe that about 1975, in midweek, TT played Barbados in the Oval in front about 15 thousand, maybe 18 thousand in an Olympic qualifying match. Not WC. So that "no longer" interested in football came when the special advisor started to f--k up the admin. side of football. This happened over a 25 year period. So like it is part of our culture now. This generation don't know of our pass enthusiasm for football and sports.

Yes in the past mostly all sporting events(football and cricket mainly) were scheduled in POS. And we had bare bone facilities. We did not even have a athletics track and people used to go to Walker Park in Caroni for track and field. Well don't talk about Guaracara Park. It was the numero Uno destination for track and cycling. Especially Southern Games. It just these blood-sucking  wanna-be administrators, are the ones who turn off a whole generation from ENJOYING SPORTS. And they continuing to do it.

You know why 15K people showed up then?

Because people knew and were invested in the players.  In dem times...de only football we was seeing outside of world cup football was Star Soccer showing ONE MATCH of the then English First Division on a Saturday. 

Pele, Rivelino, Tostao, Garrincha, Beckenbauer, Muller, etc were virtual imaginary figures.  Especially the latin players.  We never saw them on a weekly basis.

So our frame of reference was our local players.  Steve David, Gally, Dilly, Archie etc

Today, we seeing Messi and Ronaldo every week.  Our players by (UNFAIR) comparison are virtual shithongs.  Local club football is practically dead.  Our best players playing outside in secondary (AT BEST) leagues.

Globalization is not just about economics.  It's also about culture and entertainment. 

Administrators been out fuh deyself from long time.  Some have done good things and same ones have done bad things.  Yuh tink Eric James was a saint?  Who yuh think Jackula learn from? 

One thing is for sure....administration is a thankless occupation.  Many GOOD people do it out of a sense of duty and service to country and whatever discipline they participating in.  Sometimes the perks that come along with SOME positions are enough to corrupt most people.

But to blame it ALL on administration is a convenient cop out.  Plenty forces at play

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »
So our frame of reference was our local players.  Steve David, Gally, Dilly, Archie etc

Breds, them guys you mentioned were pros by then. It was Carter, Grayson, Murrel, Steve Khan, Russel, Teshera, Sammy, Laforest, Walkes, etc. The new generation at that time.

You are correct about Eric James. He was no saint. He was a quiet tyrant. To me he looked a bit like Papa Doc. Had a strong  connection to PNM. But inspite of Eric James heavy hand, people use to passionately support local football.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:57:34 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2017, 06:23:31 PM »
But inspite of Eric James heavy hand, people use to passionately support local football.

Because what else was there in dem times?

People today have plenty options.  1000 TV channels.  Entertainment galore.  Curry Q this week....Cook off next week.....BBQ competition same weekend....Pan.....Soca.....Lime....Fete....

I seein Neymar, Messi and Suarez play.  Change de channel and is Ozil and Sanchez...nex channel is Lewandowski, Robben, and Vidale.

And you want me to go and PAY to watch Shahdon Winchester, Devon Jorsling, and Chucky?  ::)

People doh even go cinema anymore breds...too much ting to do

Now.....with that said.....people WILL go out if we had players like Latas, and Yorke, and Leonson and dem.  But right now.....we producing more defenders than attackers....and people eh comin out dey house to go and watch defence

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2017, 09:43:48 PM »
Triniz love winners and not spending money on a losing team. We will spend money early in the hex round because there was still a lot of hope in the aftermath of a very good showing in the previous Gold Cup. THE POTENTIAL TO WIN WAS THERE at that time! But the vibe right now is the team is a losing team and Trinis have ALWAYS been ones who will not break bank for a losing team in any sport. Now we can argue if that is the right or wrong attitude to have as fans from now until Christmas but that is the reality and has always been the reality