March 28, 2024, 04:25:21 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (1-Sept-2017)  (Read 34860 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Honduras Game (1-Sept-2017)
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2017, 09:37:25 PM »

Don't expect to see the same sell out crowds we saw when we played against the US and Guatemala at home. This time around expect a small home crowd as everyone is disappointed with the campaign

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
Contro., we performed well in the prelims of the two GC tournaments that Hart coached. For whatever reason we performed above par vs Mexico, the strongest team in the region. The memorable 4-4. was the apex. And also the 3-3 friendly against them. Why we psyched against Mexico. I don't know. But against Panama we let down. We get a next shot to go to the Copa, we fall flat against a make shift Haitian team. So what is your point that we used to score at will against teams. I agree that under Hart we used to make plenty scoring chances. But  by then Hart had the team for more than a year. How many games Tallest has under his belt so far? 10? He still trying to figure out the best eleven. Unfortunately, he has to figure this out in the Hex. He is doing his best under the circumstances.

You keep ignoring the issues surrounding the team, strike, player getting shot, djw bacially upsetting Hart and undermining him... sabotaging our national program

So when you talk about Haiti and that year, it was under the dictator, so yeah of course our team chemistry diminished and we didn't play the free flowing football we were playing previously..

I can't understand why people forget the factors surrounding the team at that time and somehow try to say it was a fluke, it wasn't, it was sabotage on the part of the dictator that caused the drop in performance

For the first time in the history of me watching the national team, when we dropped a goal or were behind, I had no doubt we would come back or win... that's the confidence I'm speaking about
ok mate we got it......now...... when are we going to get passed this stale same old same old argument, you do know by going on and on about Steve hart isnt doing the man's image any favors right? dude by bringing up the same topic over and over actually kills the effectiveness of your message in case anyone was taking you somewhat seriously.

Please mister try and change that record it's getting on my last nerve now. how could you be so inconsiderate of others to think that we would want to hear the same ole topic every time we hear from you? come on man grow up.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 09:41:30 AM »
Where does W Connection play it's home matches?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 12:53:59 PM »

No brainer.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 01:28:28 PM »

No brainer.

I serious.  I don't know.  Where do they play their home games?  Which venue?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »

No brainer.

Ato Bolden stadium.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »

No brainer.

Ato Bolden stadium.

Thanks.

Consistent

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 05:22:52 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago to play World Cup Qualifier against Honduras at Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday, September 1st at 8pm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ</a>

Very foolish decision by the federation to take the team to couva in traffic which reminds me of when they took the team to Tobago to play Costa rica in 2009. how could you take the team all the way to couva 45 minutes away when they could take a five minute ride to the hasely crawford where we have grown accustomed too. what would fat head DJW think of next. there's never dull moment in Trinidad football, what a bunch of brainless mooks.

Did the change in venue for that Costa Rica game in 2009 really hamper our performance on the field? 
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago to play World Cup Qualifier against Honduras at Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday, September 1st at 8pm

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/llVqpIXPvtQ</a>

Very foolish decision by the federation to take the team to couva in traffic which reminds me of when they took the team to Tobago to play Costa rica in 2009. how could you take the team all the way to couva 45 minutes away when they could take a five minute ride to the hasely crawford where we have grown accustomed too. what would fat head DJW think of next. there's never dull moment in Trinidad football, what a bunch of brainless mooks.

Did the change in venue for that Costa Rica game in 2009 really hamper our performance on the field?
that seem like a loaded question and I get the feeling like I am walking into a trap if I answer were to answer honestly but allow me to answer anyway. who knows what the out come would have been had we played in familiar surroundings HSC where we have had a string of very good results of any venue in the country. the point of my dissatisfaction with a venue change is that we have a home ground in the HSC where so far we have had relative success so why change it. we have had some success at the AB but nothing compared to the HSC where the lads know every crease and crevice of the pitch and in my view that's a huge waste of home field advantage.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:53:12 PM by pull stones »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 07:59:58 AM »
Why people making ah big deal for this .....d campaign done at ah stage where plenty people may not go to d game.....5,000 people in ah 10,000 seat stadia will give more atmosphere than 5000 in 27,000 seats

And couva does generate some atmosphere even when nutten much eh happen AFAIK. ....d same is not true for HCS

AND why d f**k every game hadda be in PoS d ress ah T&T is not people too

D fed actually trying to use dey brain lil bit stop being selfish and give it ah chance nah

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »
I have no problem with trying other venues.  As long as they're FIFA approved venues, why not spread matches throughout the country?

That said.....AFAIK....Couva eh no hotbed of football.  Besides that, way more so than the HC Stadium.....Ato Boldon Stadium is a logistical nightmare for anyone without a vehicle to get to.  It done hard for people who have a car anyway.

As for atmosphere.....it really doesn't matter.  Someone said that the only way we will get enthusiasm and real support at any T&T matches is if we import fans.  That's gospel right there.  We are a people like to WATCH football and make we little comments as the match goes on.  It seems like the only time we make any kind of noise at a football match is to waste dong players or when a man get breed. 

It is what it is.   That said......I eh get the feeling that this move is about spreading the football elsewhere in the country.

DJW just take a step further than Trump.  Trump would prefer to live and work out of Trump Plaza in New York but instead, he have to spend his weekdays living at the White House. 

DJW move everything to he "home" and to f**k with everybody else.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 12:37:28 PM »
D logistical nightmare we can agree on....as ah said earlier couva wouldna be my first choice.......due to ify commuter transportation....still tink dat under d circumstances ah smaller stadium might be best...my personal choice would be manny, d area jus safer for commuters than couva and easier to get to

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
Guys would you all believe that about 1975, in midweek, TT played Barbados in the Oval in front about 15 thousand, maybe 18 thousand in an Olympic qualifying match. Not WC. So that "no longer" interested in football came when the special advisor started to f--k up the admin. side of football. This happened over a 25 year period. So like it is part of our culture now. This generation don't know of our pass enthusiasm for football and sports.

Yes in the past mostly all sporting events(football and cricket mainly) were scheduled in POS. And we had bare bone facilities. We did not even have a athletics track and people used to go to Walker Park in Caroni for track and field. Well don't talk about Guaracara Park. It was the numero Uno destination for track and cycling. Especially Southern Games. It just these blood-sucking  wanna-be administrators, are the ones who turn off a whole generation from ENJOYING SPORTS. And they continuing to do it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »
Honestly, I don't mind playing the game at ATO. Jeez-an, you could see the top of the stadium from the highway. Why is it so difficult to organize smooth transport to the venue. That same RR that was rejected would have help immensely in facilitating the "smooth" movement of fans to the stadium. Is TTFA organizing some buses to take fans down there? Cheups!!! Get there whichever way you can.

Like Palos said, DJW move everything to he "home" and to f**k with everybody else.. That is it right dey. But if I was home, I would definitely ban meh belly and go to the game. We need to support the Warriors. We will deal with DJW later.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 02:30:10 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2017, 03:05:02 PM »
Guys would you all believe that about 1975, in midweek, TT played Barbados in the Oval in front about 15 thousand, maybe 18 thousand in an Olympic qualifying match. Not WC. So that "no longer" interested in football came when the special advisor started to f--k up the admin. side of football. This happened over a 25 year period. So like it is part of our culture now. This generation don't know of our pass enthusiasm for football and sports.

Yes in the past mostly all sporting events(football and cricket mainly) were scheduled in POS. And we had bare bone facilities. We did not even have a athletics track and people used to go to Walker Park in Caroni for track and field. Well don't talk about Guaracara Park. It was the numero Uno destination for track and cycling. Especially Southern Games. It just these blood-sucking  wanna-be administrators, are the ones who turn off a whole generation from ENJOYING SPORTS. And they continuing to do it.

You know why 15K people showed up then?

Because people knew and were invested in the players.  In dem times...de only football we was seeing outside of world cup football was Star Soccer showing ONE MATCH of the then English First Division on a Saturday. 

Pele, Rivelino, Tostao, Garrincha, Beckenbauer, Muller, etc were virtual imaginary figures.  Especially the latin players.  We never saw them on a weekly basis.

So our frame of reference was our local players.  Steve David, Gally, Dilly, Archie etc

Today, we seeing Messi and Ronaldo every week.  Our players by (UNFAIR) comparison are virtual shithongs.  Local club football is practically dead.  Our best players playing outside in secondary (AT BEST) leagues.

Globalization is not just about economics.  It's also about culture and entertainment. 

Administrators been out fuh deyself from long time.  Some have done good things and same ones have done bad things.  Yuh tink Eric James was a saint?  Who yuh think Jackula learn from? 

One thing is for sure....administration is a thankless occupation.  Many GOOD people do it out of a sense of duty and service to country and whatever discipline they participating in.  Sometimes the perks that come along with SOME positions are enough to corrupt most people.

But to blame it ALL on administration is a convenient cop out.  Plenty forces at play

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »
So our frame of reference was our local players.  Steve David, Gally, Dilly, Archie etc

Breds, them guys you mentioned were pros by then. It was Carter, Grayson, Murrel, Steve Khan, Russel, Teshera, Sammy, Laforest, Walkes, etc. The new generation at that time.

You are correct about Eric James. He was no saint. He was a quiet tyrant. To me he looked a bit like Papa Doc. Had a strong  connection to PNM. But inspite of Eric James heavy hand, people use to passionately support local football.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:57:34 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2017, 06:23:31 PM »
But inspite of Eric James heavy hand, people use to passionately support local football.

Because what else was there in dem times?

People today have plenty options.  1000 TV channels.  Entertainment galore.  Curry Q this week....Cook off next week.....BBQ competition same weekend....Pan.....Soca.....Lime....Fete....

I seein Neymar, Messi and Suarez play.  Change de channel and is Ozil and Sanchez...nex channel is Lewandowski, Robben, and Vidale.

And you want me to go and PAY to watch Shahdon Winchester, Devon Jorsling, and Chucky?  ::)

People doh even go cinema anymore breds...too much ting to do

Now.....with that said.....people WILL go out if we had players like Latas, and Yorke, and Leonson and dem.  But right now.....we producing more defenders than attackers....and people eh comin out dey house to go and watch defence

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2017, 09:43:48 PM »
Triniz love winners and not spending money on a losing team. We will spend money early in the hex round because there was still a lot of hope in the aftermath of a very good showing in the previous Gold Cup. THE POTENTIAL TO WIN WAS THERE at that time! But the vibe right now is the team is a losing team and Trinis have ALWAYS been ones who will not break bank for a losing team in any sport. Now we can argue if that is the right or wrong attitude to have as fans from now until Christmas but that is the reality and has always been the reality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2017, 12:32:44 AM »
Lawrence targets Mid-August for resumption of Preparations for Honduras.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Dennis Lawrence has indicated that preparations for the upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifier at home to Honduras will resume  on August 14th as he seeks to secure a second victory at home during the final round of Concacaf qualification to put this country’s qualifying hopes back on track.

Lawrence was speaking on Thursday morning as he also reflected on T&T’s performance the previous night in a 3-1 defeat to Ecuador in Guayaquil. The game was T&T’s first outing since the 2-1 defeat to Costa Rica in San Jose in World Cup qualifying action in June.

“I was pleased in the first half. I thought we competed and we tried to do the right things. We had some moments where we made some critical errors at critical points in the game. But these types of games are what the boys need in preparation for the Honduras game,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

“We had players coming back from injury with Carlyle Mitchell, who had’t played for a long time, six months since his last game. So we had to use this opportunity to get ready for the Honduras game.”

The former Everton coach said he was particularly pleased with T&T’s first half showing but didn’t think the same about the second 45 minutes.

“First half I was generally pleased with the effort and the way we applied ourselves. I think second half we were just totally outplayed if I were to be honest. We gave away the ball very, very easily. Ecuador dominated the second half. We had a bit of resilience at times but then the third goal was a bit disappointing as we couldn’t manage to see out the game and if we lost 2-1 it looks a lot better than 3-1. In general it was good exercise for the boys but a disappointing result,” Lawrence added.

He spoke about the playing time handed to players such as Kevon Villaroel, Keron Clarke, Tyrone Charles, Jared London and Nathaniel Garcia who have not previously been regulars in the squad.

“When you get the opportunity to give people the chance to compete for places in your World Cup squad you need to use it. It was an experience for the debutants. I think it is another level to what they are used to but I thought they gave their best effort and hopefully it will give them an idea of what they need to  try and get their levels up to. The preparation is for Honduras and looking back at the game we learnt a lot about a lot of players, whether or not they are ready to push and vie for a spot in the team to play Honduras,” Lawrence said.

T&T needs to secure three points when they clash with Honduras at the Ato Boldon Stadium on September 1st before traveling to face Panama four days later and Lawrence intends to have the best team ready for the two encounters.

“The idea now is that we will try to start on August 14th. We have between now and then where the players will go back to their clubs and continue to play and they will be assessed. We will come together on the 14th and make sure we put together the best squad for the game against Honduras on September 1st,” he said.

Video - Dennis Lawrence's Post-Match comments - T&T vs Ecuador

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
Mexicans officials appointed for T&T/Honduras World Cup qualifier.
TTFA Media.

Four Mexican officials have been appointed to take charge of this country’s crucial 2018 World Cup qualifier against Honduras at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday September 1st. Fernando Guerrero Ramirez will be the referee while his assistants will be Marcos Quintero Huitron and Andres Hernandez Delgado. The Fourth official is Luis Enrique Aguirre.

Ramirez is a 36-year-old who officiates in the Mexican Premier League. He has also officiated at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, Copa Centroamericana, CONCACAF Champions League, Copa Libertadores and Indian Super League.

The T&T team will begin training on Monday ahead of the August 24th International Friendly versus Jamaica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The team will continue its preparations following that fixture for the Honduras encounter.

Costa Rican-based forward Jamille Boatswain meantime is anticipating a call-up from head coach Dennis Lawrence for the qualifier and is hoping he has better luck this time around. Boatswain made his debut for Alajuelense in the Costa Rican league earlier this month.

“It’s a huge period for us now. I am feeling very good at the moment having made by debut for Alajuelense and my fitness is near tops at the moment,” Boatswain told TTFA Media.

“Obviously the World Cup qualifiers is beginning to take the main focus again because we are about two weeks away. Hopefully things will work out well for us. There have been some tough calls against us in recent games but I think once we put our heads down and let the football take care of things then is a good possibility we can come out on top,” Boatswain said.

Tickets now available at Lotto Locations for Jamaica and Honduras matches.

Fans can now access their tickets for this country’s two upcoming international matches against Jamaica and Honduras at NLCB Lotto Locations across the country.

T&T will face off with the Jamaica Reggae Boyz in an international friendly at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on August 24th as a build up for the crucial 2018 World Cup qualifier against Honduras at the Ato Boldon Stadium on September 1st.

And the FA has agreed that patrons who purchase their early bird tickets for the qualifier against Honduras which are priced at $150 (uncovered section) and $300 (covered) from Wednesday 9th August to Thursday 24th August, will receive their ticket for the Jamaica friendly at no additional cost.

Tickets for the qualifier versus Honduras (only) goes up from August 25th to $200 (uncovered) and $350 (covered.) Limited Early Bird tickets will be on sale for the Honduras match so fans are being encouraged to purchase only in order to benefit from the deal package.

T&T faces Jamaica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 8pm on Thursday August 24th. Regular priced tickets for that encounter only cost $100 (covered) and $50 (uncovered).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2017, 05:00:36 PM »
Bostock fit and playing FYI  ::)
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »
Bostock fit and playing FYI  ::)

Not FMI. He eh playing for the RWB. Not interested.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
TTFA offers party stand ticket option for T&T versus Honduras World Cup qualifier.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will be offering fans the party stand experience at its upcoming FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifying encounter between the T&T Men’s Senior team and Honduras at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday September 1st.

Fans will have the option of purchasing a ticket to be in either of the three party sections that will be created with a closer vantage point to the playing pitch with entertainment and drinks inclusive options. The three Party groups the TTFA have teamed up with are Fantasy and Entice, Warrior Posse by Winerboy Entertainment and the Illusions Family.

Fans can purchase tickets for the respective groups from this Friday and Saturday. Warrior Posse tickets will be available at All Out Restaurant, Queen’s Park Oval and Cellmates (opposite Medford Gas Station, Chaguanas) while for Fantasy and Entice, interested persons can call 221-4966 or any Fantasy/Entice committee member and Illusions Family can be reached at 708-5183 and 320 7024.

Patrons purchasing their tickets from these sections will also access the T&T versus Jamaica Friendly at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on August 24th for free, using the same ticket.

The TTFA will also create a Fan Zone just inside the main entrance to the venue in collaboration with Teqball Trinidad and Tobago. Teqball which is already globally popular,  is a new and revolutionary sports equipment that took over two years’ testing and research to eventually develop its final innovative and sophisticated shape. Teqball’s rules and guidelines makes it fun and mentally challenging as it also improves player’s skill level, first touch, stamina and confidence.

The structure of Teqball table, aligned with the rules, does not allow luck or chance to interfere with the game; players can only rely on their skills and abilities. Fans will have the opportunity to win attractive giveaways at the Fan Zone.

Match kick off time on September 1st is 8pm.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lawrence selects 25-man roster for World Cup Qualifier vs Honduras
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2017, 01:58:30 PM »
Lawrence selects 25-man roster for World Cup Qualifier vs Honduras
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Dennis Lawrence today announced a 25-man Roster for this country’s 2018 World Cup Qualifying Match against Honduras on Friday at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Following a training session at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Saturday morning, Lawrence disclosed his selection which will enter a residential training camp on Monday for the duration of the week leading into Friday’s encounter which kicks off at 8pm.

Ten players who were part of the squad for Thursday’s International Friendly against Jamaica have been retained including goalkeepers Marvin ‘Phillip and Andrian Foncette, Alvin Jones, Kevon Villaroel, Curtis Gonzales, Triston Hodge, Aubrey David, Cordell Cato, Nathan Lewis and Tyrone Charles.

The rest of the squad includes overseas-based professionals, goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams, European-based duo Sheldon Bateau and Radanfah Abu Bakr, US-based Kevin Molino, Kevan George, Mekeil Williams, Joevin Jones and Trevin Caesar with Honduras-based defender Daneil Cyrus, India-based duo Willis Plaza and Carlyle Mitchell, Jomal Williams of Murcielagos FC, Saudi Arabia-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland, Costa Rican-based forward Jamille Boatswain and El Salvador-based midfielder Leston Paul.

“After a proper assessment of the players who have been with us and also those have been involved with their clubs overseas, we’ve selected a squad that we believed is the best one at the moment that can get us the result we are working towards,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

“The week ahead will be crucial with regards to the build up to the match. We have a couple of the overseas boys already here with us along with the home-based players and the others will start coming in this weekend. We will put in the work with the boys over the next few days to try to ensure that we are prepared as best as possible for what is ahead of us coming Friday against Honduras,” Lawrence added.

Atlanta United forward Kenwyne Jones was not considered for selection as he has not returned to full match fitness after his knee injury (knee inflammation) in the pre-game warm up against Costa Rica in June. He only returned to training (running session) with Atlanta United a couple weeks ago.

Tickets for Friday’s encounter are on sale at all NLCB Lotto Outlets priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (Covered). There are three party group sections with Fantasy/Entice, Illusions Family and Warriors Posse by Winerboy Entertainment all proving the option for drinks inclusive match experiences. Details on these party sections can be found on the TTFA’s Facebook Page as well as the respective social media platforms for the groups.

T&T 25-man Roster

Goalkeepers:

Jan Michael Williams (Juticalpa FC), Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre)

Defenders:

Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids), Aubrey David (PS Kemi Kings), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (East Bengal), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Kevon Villaroel (North East Stars), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Sūduva Marijampolė), Sheldon Bateau (FC Kairat), Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC)

Midfielders:

Leston Paul (CD Pasaquina), Khaleem Hyland (Al-Faisaly Harmah), Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada) Jomal Williams (Murciélagos FC), Tyrone Charles (San Juan Jabloteh)

Forwards:

Jamille Boatswain (Alajuelense), Willis Plaza (East Bengal), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Trevin Caesar (Orange County)

RELATED NEWS

Lawrence urges public to back T&T; explains Levi and Caesar absences and Sol’s role.
By Amiel Mohammed (wired868).

“We’ve lost too many games; we need to start changing the results.”

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Dennis Lawrence knows that tomorrow’s crucial 2018 World Cup qualifier against Honduras at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva is a make-or-break encounter for his team. But as the Soca Warriors prepare for the epic battle, he is not allowing himself or his men to think break.

Lawrence is only too well aware that the team has already suffered numerous setbacks and he believes that the power of positive thinking will work to put an end to the negatives.

“We intend to try and put that right on Friday,” he told the assembled media yesterday. “It’s a must-win. We need to start getting the results. We’ve had a couple issues and what has happened in the US has affected us.”

The ill winds of Hurricane Harvey, which left the US Gulf Coast under many inches of water, have indeed blown the National Senior Team no good. According to Lawrence, delays and cancellations of flights in and out of the US have robbed many members of the squad of critical training time as well as, in some cases, spots on the team altogether.

“Trevin Caesar was unable to make a flight because of the hurricane,” Lawrence said. “Some of the boys had delays and had to arrive at later dates and later times. It is a bit of a hindrance.”

Caesar’s last international appearance came during the brief tenure of short-lived ex-coach Tom Saintfiet in a 4-3 loss to Haiti in the Caribbean Cup in January. With six goals in 20 matches for United States third division team Sacramento Republic, Caesar was expected to provide cut and thrust in an attacking unit that has proven to be uninspired in front of goal in qualifying so far.

Caesar thus joins captain Kenwyne Jones, who will also be watching the clash from afar as Lawrence ruled him out because of injury.

“Kenwyne Jones has been injured since the Costa Rica incident,” Lawrence announced. “He is being rehabilitated at his football club Atlanta and has not been involved in competitive football so at this moment in time he is unavailable.”

Their absences leave Lawrence with just Willis Plaza and Jamille Boatswain to choose from on top. Neither is in a rich vein of form at present.

Boatswain is yet to start for new Costa Rican employers, Alajuelense, while he did not even make their match day squad last weekend. And the Times of India reported that Plaza was booed by his own supporters, earlier this month, after a couple of underwhelming performances for East Bengal.

The Warriors will not have the services of Holland-based winger Levi Garcia either, who was excluded from the final provisional squad. Lawrence explained that the young attacker was simply not in the right frame of mind to be selected at this time.

“Levi was originally selected in the provisional squad,” Lawrence told the media. “He then reached out to me with a few concerns—he was now coming off of an injury and is in the last year of his contract with his club and it was a bit of a concern to him with coming and being fully fit and being part of it.

“I felt like if he wasn’t mentally prepared to be here [and so] I had to make that adjustment.”

The good news for the coaching staff and the T&T fans is that ace attacker Joevin Jones is available and fully fit. Recently, in the lead-up to the 24 July friendly against Jamaica, which the visitors won 2-1, Jones was the centre of national attention after he allegedly left his Seattle Sounders club without permission.

Lawrence said he had not had the club’s permission to use the player in that game and he was unwilling to chance it. For tomorrow’s do-or-die encounter against the Hondurans, however, there is no issue about Jones’ availability.

Whoever the final who take the field tomorrow, the lanky head coach stressed, the really important thing is that all the players are fit and firing and that the T&T public comes out and drives them on with vocal support.

“The boys need the support,” Lawrence emphasised. “[We moved] to a smaller stadium to try and generate some sort of atmosphere. The thinking behind it is that, If we put a small crowd in a small stadium, it gives us a better atmosphere.”

“What we are looking for,” the optimistic former national defender continued, “is marginal gains, any gain that we can get to put Honduras under a bit of pressure.”

Lawrence also sought to explain what assistant coach Sol Campbell, a former Arsenal and England stand-out, brings to the team despite joining the Warriors just seven days prior to a match.

“[Sol] has been used very wisely in terms of what he has to offer,” he commented. “I think our defenders are going to learn very quickly off of him and, in general, Sol is here to give us that immediate impact that we are looking for.”

Following the coach’s pleas for support, TTFA Communications Director Shaun Fuentes revealed that the Ato Boldon Stadium’s seating capacity will be increased to just under 11,000 for tomorrow’s clash. The stadium is built to seat just under 10,000 patrons.

Tickets, priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered), are available at all NLCB Lotto locations and additional parking will be available at the nearby National Cricket Centre.

(Trinidad and Tobago squad)

Goalkeepers: Jan Michael Williams (Juticalpa FC—Honduras), Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre);

Defenders: Aubrey David (PS Khemi—Finland), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Mekeil Williams (Colorado Rapids—USA), Carlyle Mitchell (East Bengal—India), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Sūduva Marijampolė—Lithuania), Sheldon Bateau (FC Kairat—Kazakhstan), Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC—Honduras), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Kevon Villaroel (North East Stars);

Midfielders: Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Leston Paul (CD Pasaquina—El Salvador), Khaleem Hyland (Al-Faisaly Harmah—Saudi Arabia), Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada—USA), Hughtun Hector (W Connection);

Attacking midfielders: Joevin Jones (Seattle Sounders—USA), Kevin Molino (Minnesota United—USA), Cordell Cato (San Jose Earthquakes—USA), Jomal Williams (Murciélagos FC—Mexico), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Tyrone Charles (Club Sando);

Forwards: Jamille Boatswain (Alajuelense—Costa Rica), Willis Plaza (East Bengal—India).

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:31:50 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »
Boatswain is so not needed in Alajuelense they let him leave early before the match with Saprissa https://www.facebook.com/lda.cr/posts/10154844233601127

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2017, 02:21:45 PM »
lord he phasing them out boy ... no Andre Boucaud  no levi garcia
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:38:48 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 02:37:59 PM »
Dat forward Line go have de oppposition defenders sleepless with worry and fear

Kinda surprised Lobo eh get a bligh tho
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:39:41 PM by palos »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2017, 02:42:19 PM »
Trivia question:

Whatever happened to Levi Garcia?

He never played for W Connection?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2017, 03:07:55 PM »
lord he phasing them out boy ... no Andre Boucaud  no levi garcia

Garcia begins comeback from hamstring injury lay-off

Sensible exclusion of Arcia.

Is Adrian Foncette, the 3rd best T&T-eligible GK? Who could answer that with a straight face?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 03:09:52 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2017, 03:22:43 PM »
well now we are surely officially out the world up 2018 without kenwin jones (who is injured) in the line up, we have no super subs (levi garcia- andre boucard- atulla guerra) who could make a sudden impact, even old timer carlos has a little more umph than these unclinical local lads. dennis ole boy you got this one wrong.

1]; } ?>