March 28, 2024, 09:11:36 AM

Author Topic: Taofik’s terrific experience playing for T&T  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Taofik’s terrific experience playing for T&T
« on: November 07, 2016, 10:44:35 AM »
Taofik’s terrific experience playing for T&T
TTFA Media

Forward Taofik Lucas-Walker made his debut for this country’s national under 20 team at the just concluded Caribbean Championship in Curacao. Lucas-Walker played his part in helping the team secure qualification for the CONCACAF Final round in Costa Rica next year, despite the team disappointingly losing to Antigua/Barbuda and Bermuda in its final two games.

The experience for Walker who qualifies to play for T&T as both his parents were born here, was a dream come true, he said.

”Suiting up for Trinidad and Tobago has truly been a blessing. It was such an honour to be selected by Coach Brian Williams and his staff to represent the country. There is no bigger honour in a football player’s career. In addition it has given me the opportunity to improve as a footballer, along with the chance to represent my family for the country that I can call home,” Walker said.

He grew up in Washington and is currently a senior at the Georgetown Day High School in Washington. He is attached to the DC United Under 18 Academy as a right winger.

And Lucas-Walker knows T&T has its work cut out in order to qualify for the 2017 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in South Korea but he is ready for the challenge.

“ I believe that the key to succeeding in the Concacaf rounds is knowing and embracing everyone’s strengths when it comes to what we put on the field. The T&T staff did an outstanding job applying our 4-3-3 formation and tactics to outsmart the opposition during the two week camp in Panama, and even the CFU rounds. If we can truly apply a good sense of chemistry, hunger, commitment and teamwork across the squad on and off the field, I truly believe that it will take us a long way in our campaign as Trinidad and Tobago’s U-20 squad,” he said.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Where you grew up. Where you started playing. What School and so on.

I grew up in the Washington D.C metro area. Playing football has always allowed me to truly express myself both as a player and as a person. I began playing football ever since I walked really, but where I started playing competitive football was in an indoor futsal facility in Springfield, VA at five years old.

Later on I played for Bethesda Soccer Club [MD] and Arlington Soccer [VA], on my way to joining DC United. I have been fortunate to have had some very talented, patient and experienced coaches. I am currently a senior at the Georgetown Day High School in Washington, DC. I do not play for my school team.

I am a forward, I love to attack and cause chaos to the opponent’s team back line. Right now I am playing right wing with DC United U-18 Academy but will sometimes switch to the other side, or even play the striker role when needed.

Who is your favourite player and what patterns do you try to take from that player ?

Right now I enjoy watching Willian, Bale or  Walcott’s play the beautiful game. But the original players that inspired me to play football have always been Didier Drogba and Ronaldinho. Growing up and watching Didier play at Chelsea inspired me when it comes to finding anyway possible to put the ball in the back of the net and attack from the front. With Ronaldinho you would never catch him not smiling when you see him play. Seeing this as a boy, it taught me the joy of the game and growing up playing football has always been my way to true joy.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

I have been lucky to have coaches that encouraged me to take my game as far as I can imagine. It is important to me because I want to give back to every person that has supported me throughout my young career. So in saying so I see myself playing professional football in Europe in five years.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Taofik’s terrific experience playing for T&T
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 12:00:42 PM »
Former Trinidad and Tobago U-20 forward Taofik Lucas-Walker (left) has joined Danish 2nd Division club, Ringkøbing IF. Coach Nicolai Wael describes Taofik as an exciting and aggressive player who is skilled with the ball.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>