March 28, 2024, 02:20:51 PM

Author Topic: PLAYING NICE ?? The TnT Myth  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PLAYING NICE ?? The TnT Myth
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »
I think that it is an insult to the eleven players that i saw on the pitch giving their all for their country to categorize that victory as "lucky"!!

All teams need an element of good fortune, but that is another discussion

Well said Dre. Well said  :thumbsup:

I disagree. I think calling it lucky is recognizing that we will have to improve and do better if we expect to qualify for this world cup.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
I think that it is an insult to the eleven players that i saw on the pitch giving their all for their country to categorize that victory as "lucky"!!

nah man. It cyah be so binary [one box or the other]. I was the 1st to say on Sam player thread he rate the players performance too low, so you cyah really put me in the Contro hellbent on proving point box. I recognize and appreciate that they give it their all and without that we coulda never pull it off, but if you comparing brands [the topic of the thread], I think we more likely to depend on luck to get victories with this brand than the brand we was playing that you quote as "the best you ever see".  same players, so it really boiling down to the underlying philosophy or brand.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »

nah man. It cyah be so binary [one box or the other]. I was the 1st to say on Sam player thread he rate the players performance too low, so you cyah really put me in the Contro hellbent on proving point box. I recognize and appreciate that they give it their all and without that we coulda never pull it off, but if you comparing brands [the topic of the thread], I think we more likely to depend on luck to get victories with this brand than the brand we was playing that you quote as "the best you ever see".  same players, so it really boiling down to the underlying philosophy or brand.

Some of it is luck but I get what Andre is saying..

To me it was just below their standard, they can play much better, with some luck on their side..

Can't attribute it all to luck, it was just poorly played football at times which can be analyzed as they haven't been together for a long time and feeling out Tallest program and adjusting..

I hope they are adjusting fast enough for tomorrow because we need an improved performance with some luck to win... Mexico not just coming to lie down and take it.. they not in the jamette business..

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2017, 06:20:41 PM »
It's a testament to the players and a virtual miracle that T&T keeps punching WAY above it's weight in this arena.

Given the state of our football, the...up till lawrence's appointment anyway.....refusal of the administration to truly provide the team with what it needs to be competitive...far less successful.....and without a single player in a top world league (with all due respect to MLS, Belgium 2nd division, Vietnam etc)...it is a wonder we consistently do so well....all those factors considered
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2017, 06:47:35 PM »
yes palos...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2017, 07:09:43 PM »
You must have Hart ...And you should not be scared
When they rough you up ...You rough them up even worse
That's how we score ..That Torres been on KJ case in the first have as soon as he leave ..Bang bang
You make them pay...You must match the opposition intensity
Let ask a question here...How many times KJ fall in this game as oppose to games before
Take no dam prisoners ..None ..Just manners them all the time....We been playing softball for way to long...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »
It's a testament to the players and a virtual miracle that T&T keeps punching WAY above it's weight in this arena.

Given the state of our football, the...up till lawrence's appointment anyway.....refusal of the administration to truly provide the team with what it needs to be competitive...far less successful.....and without a single player in a top world league (with all due respect to MLS, Belgium 2nd division, Vietnam etc)...it is a wonder we consistently do so well....all those factors considered

GPRS?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »

:beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »
reminds of the saying: The operation was a success - The patient dead!

fixating on brand at the expense of results. there's no judge in this sport. this isn't synchronized swimming.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 11:24:35 AM »

fixating on brand at the expense of results. there's no judge in this sport. this isn't synchronized swimming.

"Brand" and results go hand in hand

You won't consistently get results unless you're organized, disciplined and technically proficient.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »
Everything is relative.

T&T does play nice if we playing lower tier Caribbean teams.

If you look throughout the 90's, especially when we were at home, I am very sure you can find 3 consecutive games in the CFU cup where we played attractive football. When T&T play most Caribbean teams (well at least in the 90's and 2000's) we looked like Barcelona, esp with Latas pulling the strings.

But when we stepped up in opposition, we always end up playing on the back foot. Then we do not look so nice. I have always said that when we play quality opposition, if they decide to set up in their own half, we do not have a clue what to do with the ball. We only good playing on the counter, running into spaces to use our speed and flair in open space.

Technique wise - there is a pecking order. We are the Mexico/Barcelona of the Caribbean, but we get tap up when we step up.

But to Big Mag point, I remember in the 1999, we went un a 8 game winning streak when BSC was in charge.
We beat Ja twice, Haiti got hammered a half dozen, and we beat South Africa and Colombia. I am sure you can find a string of games we played nice.

In the Semi Final round of WCQ in 2000, we went on a tear beating Canada in Canada, then hit Panama 6 and Canada 4 in Trinidad. Mexico also got beaten 1-0 as well, all in a 4 game stretch. We looked awesome in this spell.

But it didn't last.

At this level in the HEX, its not about playing nice, its about getting results. Only once in our history we got enough points to qualify, so we don't have the luxury of trying to play nice. Make no doubt about it, Trinidad vs Mexico later will be like Stoke vs Arsenal.

Good thing is that Stoke can beat Arsenal and we have beaten Mexico before consistently (at home).

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
At this level in the HEX, its not about playing nice, its about getting results.

"Nice" for me is keep possession and organized.....hustle to win the ball back when we lose possession....be organized and disciplined at the back....be clinical in finishing....and make the timely save when needed.

Fail to do any of those....and yuh eh getting any results at this level.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
At this level in the HEX, its not about playing nice, its about getting results.

"Nice" for me is keep possession and organized.....hustle to win the ball back when we lose possession....be organized and disciplined at the back....be clinical in finishing....and make the timely save when needed.

:beermug:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 12:21:35 PM »
so play "nice" and lose 1-0 or play ugly and win 1-0

People doh remember nice or ugly only win or losses. If we can play nice and win fine but our mental aptitude must create a mindset that we always want to win no matter what and that is where the ugly has to come in at times.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
Growing up the teams I easily identified as having a distinct style of football were England, Brazil, Holland, Germany and Italy.

Since then England no longer play long ball
Brazil has become very European as a result of how their players are spread all over the world and at one point during the 90s were almost absent of all creativity. I do admit some of the samba is creeping back into their play.
Holland of today has shed most its total football brand and is pretty much conventional.
Germany and Italy have largely remained the same as their football is built on industry and discipline both in their own way. 

What I observe today are broad adaptations by different teams where teams within a region play similar styles.
African teams leverage physical strength and speed
Asian teams also rely on speed and movement. 
British teams outside of England still employ some version of long ball football.
The concept of tiki-taka football is also widely adopted across different geographies.

Trinidad and Tobago has no real pattern or style, we have bits and pieces of individual skill that can show itself based on the level of opposition. Coaches lay out a tactical plan and the players try to execute.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »

Sounds like you believe they have to be perfect to win.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 01:59:36 PM »
So can we even attempt to answer Big Mags question now or maybe it should be asked Did Mexico play nice?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 02:10:49 PM »

Sounds like you believe they have to be perfect to win.

Well...we didn't win yesterday did we

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »

"Brand" and results go hand in hand

You won't consistently get results unless you're organized, disciplined and technically proficient.

good point. they should reinforce each other. if the results are not forthcoming, de brand needs to be examined. brand without results is no good and as you wisely point out results without brand cannot happen on a consistent basis.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »
There is nothing wrong with 'nice football'. Its just a hangup from the era of amateur football when how you played the game was as important as winning the game. Today every backyard football league accross the globe today is linked into a larger corporate structure in which money and winning matters so much more. Thats the reality, but our football culture is still struggling to adapt to that. Ironically TT football was never so popular as when it was amateur/semi-professional.
  :beermug:  didn't have the electronic entertainment industry and fastliving society to compete with. Ppl actually left their house and travelled in relative safety to watch ah game and lime, the off-field entertainment was worth the price of admission, which was free. Some would get drunk and make it back home, and some would wake up ALIVE in ah ravine next morning, and get back home or go straight to work. Remember meh father's favourite park bench by the savanahh. still there today  lol

1]; } ?>