March 28, 2024, 05:04:32 AM

Author Topic: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.  (Read 59454 times)

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2017, 06:42:35 AM »
Enough enough enough
If every time you take the ferry to Tobago and as soon as the waters get choppy at the Bocas you turn back to P O S....when will you get to Tobago...??????
This starting over every time is a road not to progress...but as can be seen...man we have regressed
We all have a part to play...good bad and indifferent
A total commitment is required by all...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2017, 12:33:55 PM »
Shouldn't have been hired in the first place

You had men like pacho and them apply and you gave it to Tallest?

Tallest can't coach, he's green, said this from the beginning but no one listens, he tow the damn line with the dictator

Hart is a cut above all of these jokers, imagine Tallest has a full contingent and Hart had a depleted one and still did better
you will make me use profanity towards you which is something I don't like to do particularly online but I'm really close to letting you have it for the rubbish arguments your deranged ass bring up every time you make a comment. dumb ass hart was a flop compared to Lawrence. he had the team since 2013 and got beaten quite often. on his last tour he couldn't even beat china.

in the Caribbean cup he got beaten by martinique with his best eleven and loss his fist two games of the hex to teams Lawrence's squad played much better against. to date lawrence's squad performed much better than hart's team and were very unlucky because of some questionable officiating. it's like you all expect lawrence to be a miracle worker excepting a job in the middle of the the hex and turning out positive results with very little time to know the players.

I get the feeling that you seriously wants any coach who succeeded hart to fail so you could say see I told you so. get over yourself man hart is history so go watch the US open and leave got all alone you looney bastard. i'm very sure even hart is probably cussing you out for invoking his name constantly. give the mans name a rest you coocoo bird.

What were harts results before and after the dictator?

Let's test your intelligence here for a minute
dude for the record I liked Steve hart I also liked tim kee and from what I remember you and a next member (dreamer) would be riding timkee very hard criticizing his every move to the point where it was almost border line ungrateful if you were to take into consideration what we had before during the Warner and camps years. timkee came in after a disastrous 2014 World Cup exit with defeats to guyana and three consecutive Caribbean cup absence and hit the ground running to bring the team back from life support making its first gold cup under the leadership of Charles King and shabbaz.

later that he year he went and acquired Steve hart and made him head coach. hart had very little to do in terms of team selection because he had the help of King and charles who already knew the players and their capabilities. hart actually inherited a gold cup and only got us to one gold cup appearance failing to qualify us for the next 2017.

as for his record under timkee dude it wasn't anything spectacular he went to two gold cup quarter finals and on the Mexico game where he should have rested his first team after already qualifying for the quarter finals played his first team vs Mexico bringing an exhausted team to the Panama game which was a very bad call, worst than Lawrence not calling up garcia and ranjitsingh and playing Villarroel over mikiel williams and leaving Nathan Lewis on the bench choosing Cato instead.

taking nothing away from hart he is a very good coach and I'm not here to pit lawrence against hart (that's your department) they both are capable of getting the job done but sadly hart is no longer here and unlike you I can't continue to live in the shadows of a Steven hart tenure, it's over mate pick yourself up and eff off with the hart sentiment we have a new coach and he comes qualified. he may not have coached on this level before but he has to start some where. jochim lowe was an assistant coach under klinnsman when he got the german team and he florished nor do i have to remind you of his success story.

so take a deep breath rock back and enjoy the ride. there's no need to complain over every bump in the road because the "dictator" isn't going anywhere soon and so is lawrence so why turture yourself and us in the process.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 01:04:01 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 01:04:57 PM »
Enough enough enough
If every time you take the ferry to Tobago and as soon as the waters get choppy at the Bocas you turn back to P O S....when will you get to Tobago...??????
This starting over every time is a road not to progress...but as can be seen...man we have regressed
We all have a part to play...good bad and indifferent
A total commitment is required by all...
i could not have said it any better myself. cheers.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2017, 10:53:19 PM »
VERY responsible comments by Dennis during the post-match press conference. When asked about the composition of the teams he would field in October, Dennis noted that he would respect the integrity of the hex. Other teams still have much to play for, so Trinidad & Tobago would play its role in making teams fight for points.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:38 AM »
VERY responsible comments by Dennis during the post-match press conference. When asked about the composition of the teams he would field in October, Dennis noted that he would respect the integrity of the hex. Other teams still have much to play for, so Trinidad & Tobago would play its role in making teams fight for points.

Responsible? Playing second fiddle to other teams who are not as talented outside of Mexico is not responsible ...

You're sugar coating seeker

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 07:55:59 AM »

Responsible? Playing second fiddle to other teams who are not as talented outside of Mexico is not responsible ...

Your response is not aligned with my comment.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »

Your response is not aligned with my comment.

Did we already rename the davejenny award ?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2017, 11:39:34 AM »

I'm sure he meant responsible as in professional which would be the responsible thing to do  ;D

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2017, 11:55:57 AM »
I stick on the 'not as talented' part.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2017, 12:39:09 PM »
I stick on the 'not as talented' part.
right. sure we have technically better players than Costa Rica and the United States who consistently make it to the world cup and the knock out stages of the World Cup. sure controversial sure you're right we are simply world beaters who are under performing due to our lack of proper coaching....... particularly hart.......oh had hart been here we would be sitting on 18 points and our bags packed for Russia already.......sure right.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:41:09 PM by pull stones »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2017, 02:55:59 PM »
We got a lot of blind supporters.  I still don't understand where they see all this talent we got that better than the players from the Concacaf teams.  I am starting to believe our coaches think the same so there is no need to improve the situation.  End result is constant failure by our national teams at all levels.  But don't worry, we have more than talent than the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc.  We have so much talent we can't beat Caribbean teams.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2017, 05:54:55 PM »

I sort of agree with respecting the integrity of the Hex.  However, we need to start "building" for 2022.  Mexico already qualify plus we dropping 3 points there regardless of who we select so I say give the youths a chance there since it not affecting the table. Anyone who is a doubt for 2022 campaign should not be selected for this game.  Look at Venezuela, they selected a few stars from their U20 team that finished 2nd at the world cup.  They drew both games including one in Argentina.  The keeper from the U20 team was brilliant in both games.

As for the USA game we should field our "strongest" team since that game will impact the outcome of the Hex.  However, I doubt our "A" team can get a result but would love for us to poison the US world cup dream

But seriously can we make anyone fight for points with the toots we playing?  Lawrence is a yes man for DJW.  I still think he can be successful as a coach but he needs to get his balls from DJW handbag before any positive stuff can happen.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »
I think a lot of people on this board don't understand the psychology of sport and suffer from insecurities and an inferiority complex

They constantly feel other teams are far superior when that is far from the truth.

Our team was destined to qualify in the top 3 until the dictator took over the federation..

No matter how much you think it doesn't matter, that destroyed team chemistry and our chances, it wasn't the players being less talented, it was a significant disruption

Our players need a great coach, they had one and he got fired because of the dictator and his ulterior motives..

If you want to preach your narrow mindedness that's fine but don't deem what I'm saying as nonsense because of your own fallacies
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:19:52 AM by Controversial »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »
However, we need to start "building" for 2022. 

I honestly believe the following:

The TTFA, local coaches, and many fans truly believe our players have superior talent

The highest standard of local T&T football is the Pro League.  There is also the Super League and various Minor Leagues. 

The Pro League depends on Government subsidies to operate.

In order for the PFL to be fiscally viable, they have to be in the business of generating revenue to earn profits

The main source of revenue is player sales.  So the push is to sell as many players as possible.  If a player shows potential or promise, arrangements are made for a trial with a foreign club with a view to an ultimate sale.

Recently a number of T&T players have been sold to clubs in Central America & Mexico.  This is mostly a result of them being showcased with the National team.

The more players that play on the National team, the more "eyes" are on them and the better to showcase them.

So.....try and put as many local based players on the national team as possible.  Once on the national team, the higher the potential for an interested foreign club.  Hopefully a foreign club from one of the more reputable leagues.  A club from one of those reputable leagues will likely pay more for a player.

The way these players perform at their clubs will likely influence whether other T&T players get similar opportunities.

However, the results of the mens national team means that our FIFA ranking has been steadily dropping.

This affects which foreign leagues our players MAY be eligible to play in.....particularly the EPL

It means secondary & tertiary markets such as Costa Rica, Mexico, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Kazakhstan etc are primary markets for T&T players to be sold to

The thinking in the TTFA and those pro clubs is that this is a win win situation.   Players go abroad and get foreign experience playing in foreign leagues, and the clubs/agents get revenue in return.  It's also seen as better for the players as the standard of the Pro League struggles to meet international standard/

So in essence, the majority of the T&T National team is being developed by club teams in these locations. 

I'm afraid "Building for 2022" isn't some local development program aimed at producing better players from the youth system upward.  It's more of a player auction process. 

Little emphasis on proper development from U13 to senior level.  Raising the standard of the Pro League and coaching at all levels.  Increasing attendance at the Pro League.  Ensuring facilities are in proper working condition etc.

It's more of a hustle.

I hope I'm wrong.  But that's how it seems to me.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:51:11 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
hmmm..that last brand new game selection(like we never play any games before) and tactics (what tactics ?), have me starting to full out the Coaches Release form.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »
I think a lot of people on this board don't understand the psychology of sport and suffer from insecurities and an inferiority complex

They constantly feel other teams are far superior when that is far from the truth.

Our team was destined to qualify in the top 3 until the dictator took over the federation..

No matter how much you think it doesn't matter, that destroyed team chemistry and our chances, it wasn't the players being less talented, it was a significant disruption

Our players need a great coach, they had one and he got fired because of the dictator and his ulterior motives..

If you want to preach your narrow mindedness that's fine but don't deem what I'm saying as nonsense because of your own fallacies

Regarding talent, I would not say we have better talent but outside of Mexico and Costa Rica our talent is on par with the other 3 teams in the HEX. We had a credible chance to qualify as 3rd place team with proper coaching and proper player selection but the TTFA showed their inferiority and inexperience when they panicked and fired Hart.

In truth we do not believe in our abilities, however I preface that by saying Pro League players are not the quality we need

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »
That wasn't panic. The man dem never wanted Hart and his team, Walkes and Waldrum etc.
He get rid of all he could immediately and bide he time to buss Hart throat at the earliest convenience.

DJW need to own every single performance at every age group and gender in TT football.
It rests at his door!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
That wasn't panic. The man dem never wanted Hart and his team, Walkes and Waldrum etc.
He get rid of all he could immediately and bide he time to buss Hart throat at the earliest convenience.

DJW need to own every single performance at every age group and gender in TT football.
It rests at his door!!

True.  He's our local Trump
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2017, 03:08:48 AM »

Regarding talent, I would not say we have better talent but outside of Mexico and Costa Rica our talent is on par with the other 3 teams in the HEX. We had a credible chance to qualify as 3rd place team with proper coaching and proper player selection but the TTFA showed their inferiority and inexperience when they panicked and fired Hart.

In truth we do not believe in our abilities, however I preface that by saying Pro League players are not the quality we need

Pro league and super league players have the talent ...

The problem rests with the structure of the league, the lack of funding and poor salaries.. talented players need to survive and feed their families, if you're getting a piss poor salary why play football? Lack of high level Training and lack of games against intl opponents are root causes. The players have the talent, but they are not developing it, so players bloom later rather than earlier...

If you have a league president that doesn't know how to run the league, and teams that are not developing players at the standard of epl because of lack of money and proper coaching, how can you realistically nurture those players? And turn them into top talent without that solid structure and funding? Jones, levi, Cummings, kenwyne, Sheldon and many of them are on par with the best on the uS team and Costa Rica, just because some are not playing in la liga or epl doesn't mean they are not as talented ... I don't but into that...

We have immense talent on the team, Hart got them to buy into his system, and they were getting better, so good that the dictator rode in to dismantle it..
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:13:26 AM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2017, 06:55:17 AM »
Contro, I agree with your statement above. As a matter of, I believe most of the forum would agree with your explanation. But for some reason you and the rest of of the forum butt heads when we (all of us on the forum) are saying the same damn thing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 08:27:25 AM by Deeks »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2017, 07:49:23 AM »
 :whistling: :whistling:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
However, we need to start "building" for 2022. 

I honestly believe the following:

The TTFA, local coaches, and many fans truly believe our players have superior talent

The highest standard of local T&T football is the Pro League.  There is also the Super League and various Minor Leagues. 

The Pro League depends on Government subsidies to operate.

In order for the PFL to be fiscally viable, they have to be in the business of generating revenue to earn profits

The main source of revenue is player sales.  So the push is to sell as many players as possible.  If a player shows potential or promise, arrangements are made for a trial with a foreign club with a view to an ultimate sale.

Recently a number of T&T players have been sold to clubs in Central America & Mexico.  This is mostly a result of them being showcased with the National team.

The more players that play on the National team, the more "eyes" are on them and the better to showcase them.

So.....try and put as many local based players on the national team as possible.  Once on the national team, the higher the potential for an interested foreign club.  Hopefully a foreign club from one of the more reputable leagues.  A club from one of those reputable leagues will likely pay more for a player.

The way these players perform at their clubs will likely influence whether other T&T players get similar opportunities.

However, the results of the mens national team means that our FIFA ranking has been steadily dropping.

This affects which foreign leagues our players MAY be eligible to play in.....particularly the EPL

It means secondary & tertiary markets such as Costa Rica, Mexico, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Kazakhstan etc are primary markets for T&T players to be sold to

The thinking in the TTFA and those pro clubs is that this is a win win situation.   Players go abroad and get foreign experience playing in foreign leagues, and the clubs/agents get revenue in return.  It's also seen as better for the players as the standard of the Pro League struggles to meet international standard/

So in essence, the majority of the T&T National team is being developed by club teams in these locations. 

I'm afraid "Building for 2022" isn't some local development program aimed at producing better players from the youth system upward.  It's more of a player auction process. 

Little emphasis on proper development from U13 to senior level.  Raising the standard of the Pro League and coaching at all levels.  Increasing attendance at the Pro League.  Ensuring facilities are in proper working condition etc.

It's more of a hustle.

I hope I'm wrong.  But that's how it seems to me.

Mexico is not a market to be mixed in with those. It's a top 10 market worlwide, number one in America.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »

Mexico is not a market to be mixed in with those. It's a top 10 market worlwide, number one in America.
True.  But not if players get signed to Mexican 2nd Division teams
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2017, 11:23:23 AM »

It's on par with MLS

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2017, 11:29:17 AM »

Not even teams. Thus far, it has only been one team. That stated, we should present a fair picture of the Ascenso.

Some players themselves have said that the league is stronger than some South American first tier leagues.

In 2015 (apertura) they were 80 foreigners in the league (the figure includes 17 who had acquired Mexican citizenship. In the 2017 clausura the foreign presence was 94 players.

During 2016-17, 47 players in Liga MX were called up by various countries for national team duty (bear in mind that the Mexican national team has several foreign-based players). In the Ascenso MX all/most of the players called up for national team duty* were already national team players prior to arrival in Mexico.

EDIT: For 2016-17 in the Ascenso, that figure is ~10*.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:49:51 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2017, 11:34:16 PM »
Some players themselves have said that the league is stronger than some South American first tier leagues.

I have heard that also. Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia may have better better players. But  I have also read where some analysts go so far as to rate the Liga MX as the best organized football league in Latin America. And I believe it

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2017, 12:17:40 AM »
Look we just need to form a West Indies Team and go win the World Cup.  Cause if we were to put our best foot forward on a team like that we could win it. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2017, 03:03:39 AM »
Look we just need to form a West Indies Team and go win the World Cup.  Cause if we were to put our best foot forward on a team like that we could win it. 

That could have happened in the late 50s and possibly early 60s. Eh go happen now!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2017, 03:05:29 AM »
When your head is bigger than your body,you will continue to fall like Humpty Dumpty
You may think you are all of that,but the truth usually comes out when the onfield product comes up short,time and time again...talent what a joke
This is very evident in all facets of our lives...just be truthful

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2017, 03:23:27 AM »
When your head is bigger than your body,you will continue to fall like Humpty Dumpty
You may think you are all of that,but the truth usually comes out when the onfield product comes up short,time and time again...talent what a joke
This is very evident in all facets of our lives...just be truthful

After we loss the game to Haiti in Panama for the right to go to the COPA, the bubble for this team buss. Then we could not even qualify for the last GC. That make things even worse. So despite gross TTFA mishaps(not given Hart the resources etc), this group of present players did not even have the collective talent to win the sub-regional tournament. We have seen past teams do well in spite of the bumbling TTFA. The very talented in this team are too few, and they cannot carry the team.  How can they win the GC or qualify for WC? 

1]; } ?>