March 28, 2024, 05:15:57 AM

Author Topic: Pro League Questions/Suggestions.  (Read 899 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pro League Questions/Suggestions.
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:04:52 AM »
Should we structure our "pro-league" in such a way that each football region(north, east, west, south) consist of about 8-12 teams in each individual league.

The top 4 teams of each division should play against each other for national honours in a knockout competition.

The bottom four teams could also have a lesser cup to play for etc

The top team in each league(4 teams) could play each other for a national title as well. To extend the league we can also add the top 4 teams of each league to play each other when season done to see who accumulate most points and emerge league victor as well as add more games to the schedule.

Scottish Premier League manage 38 games with 12 teams I believe. They split into top  6 and bottom 6 after 33 games have been played and each club play a further 5 games against teams in their region.

I'm just thinking about ways to bring it closer to the people and help build rivalries, crowd support and local sponsorship etc. Also may have costs advantages by using the various stadiums/grounds for double headers etc. Would also help develop local players etc

Just a thought
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:32:12 PM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pro League
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:35:15 AM »
Breds, I dare you to tell that to DJW and Dexter.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 09:10:33 AM »
Sounds like a US conference and playoff model

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
I just think it would make more sense at this point to develop "locally".

I think the football has gotten to far away from the grassroots and clubs have become too "commercialized" and "national" instead of growing with the community.

Imagine clubs suffering for sponsorship and can't even get a couple of cases of water and bags of ice from a local supermarket etc.

That making any sense?

Clubs need to go back to the community and not just play games at the local grounds etc.

Play against local teams. That's how the pl clubs etc got their starts. That's why Everton v Liverpool is rivalry. That's why Qrc v CiC is rivalry up to today.

Imagine an East league with multiple games taking place in the velodrome, larry gomes stadium and Centre of excellence(not sure of the legal ownership etc).

Imagine Arima Ball Masters(not sure if they still around) vs Santa Rosa fc. Pt Fortin CC vs W Connection.

Imagine the decrease in operational costs and logistics due to less travelling. The players from the area and the games taking place within the region. Not to mention the opportunity for local sponsorship(Hardwares, supermarkets etc).

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 04:04:20 PM »
Not to mention the opportunity for local sponsorship(Hardwares, supermarkets etc).

Breds, don't hold your breath!

1]; } ?>