March 29, 2024, 07:01:46 AM

Author Topic: Judah Garcia Thread.  (Read 12347 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Judah Garcia Thread.
« on: March 25, 2018, 01:52:53 AM »
Judah Garcia stands out in sportlight.
By Nasser Khan (Guardian).

This series “SPORTLIGHT” is brought to you courtesy Health Net Caribbean Ltd (hncl.co.tt). In this installment we feature two of the outstanding junior sports personalities of 2017, nominees at the upcoming First Citizens annual sports awards function.

Judah Garcia, proudly wears, perfectly one might say, number 10 on his Shiva Boys football uniform as he seeks to emulate the steps of his brothers Nathaniel and Levi onto the National Senior team hopefully in the too distant future.

The sign of top class players is often found in how they respond in times of adversity. Where most teenagers would understandably seek shelter and comfort in times of strife, Judah Garcia chose to come to the fore, displaying a maturity beyond his years.

Shiva Boys travails in the most recent Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) season have been well documented. Demoted to the second division of the league, team captain Judah offered a consistency throughout a trying campaign. His sublime skills, vision, and knack for scoring crucial goals were at the heart of the Shiva Boys exciting Intercol run all the way to the glory as they captured a maiden Intercol Title in 2017.

The challenge for the 17 year old National Team standout will be to continually highlight why many consider the Shiva Boys playmaking adorning the number 10 shirt as the most radiant of the rising stars in Trinidad and Tobago's youth leagues. Garcia's 2016 training stint at a camp in Manchester England would have sensitized his pallet to the taste of the European experience and increased his desire for success.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Judah Garcia Thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »
WATCH: Judah Garcia - 2017 Secondary Schools Football League Highlights

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h0elb0XgG9U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h0elb0XgG9U</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 11:56:33 AM »
I watched him play in the CAC games and for a 17 year old who played against players 21 years old he did pretty good he is T&T future #10 just hire a good coach and keep away people like Shabazz ,Corneal ,L Philip ,S Hart and all them other clowns and he will develop into a great player.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 05:58:12 PM »
WATCH: One on one with Trinidad and Tobago U-20 midfielder Judah Garcia​.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SLoyfKYgaS" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SLoyfKYgaS</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:27 PM »
I watched him play in the CAC games and for a 17 year old who played against players 21 years old he did pretty good he is T&T future #10 just hire a good coach and keep away people like Shabazz ,Corneal ,L Philip ,S Hart and all them other clowns and he will develop into a great player.

you put shabazz in the same league as hart? whatever fine herb you smoking i want some
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 07:47:40 PM »

you put shabazz in the same league as hart? whatever fine herb you smoking i want some
I want some too!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NEROCA FC sign Trinidad & Tobago international Judah Garcia
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 05:57:10 PM »
NEROCA FC sign Trinidad & Tobago international Judah Garcia
By Harigovind Thoyakkat (khelnow.com)

I-League outfit NEROCA FC have completed the signing of Trinidad and Tobago international Judah Garcia, Khel Now has learnt. The versatile attacker has put pen to paper on a deal that will see him play for the Imphal-based club in the upcoming 2020-21 I-League season.

“Judah Garcia has signed with NEROCA FC. He will join the club on a season-long deal,” a source close to the developments informed Khel Now. Earlier last week, the club also completed the signing of Judah’s eldest brother Nathaniel Garcia, who is already a fan-favourite in India from his playing days with another I-League side, Gokulam Kerala FC.

As for Judah Garcia, this will be his first professional stint outside his home country of Trinidad and Tobago, where he kick-started his career in 2016 with Point Fortin Civic FC, a club that plays in the TT Pro League – the top division of Trinidad and Tobago’s football league system. A talented attacking midfielder who can also play as a left or right-winger, he was just 16 years old at that time and consistent performances with them led to him being called up to the Trinidad and Tobago U-20 and U-21 teams the very next year. On April 18, 2018, he made his debut for the senior national team, coming on as a late substitute in a 1-0 defeat to Panama. Since then, he has played three more international matches till date –against Japan, St. Vincent and Mexico.

The 20-year-old started playing football at the age of seven, when he joined the academy of coach Dennis Cox, a very familiar name in Trinidadian footballing circles. Cox’s academy has been credited with the development of several national team players including Judah and Levi Garcia, his second elder brother. Levi currently plays for the Greek Super League 1 club AEK Athens, and also played in the Europa League qualifying matches with them earlier this season.

In the 2019-20 season, the winger made eight appearances for Point Fortin Civic in the TT Pro League, netting four goals in the process. An injury kept him on the sidelines for the remainder of their campaign and in September, he became a free agent. Judah Garcia will now feature in the I-League for NEROCA FC, who have roped him on a free transfer ahead of the competition.

Meanwhile, NEROCA FC are also in the process of executing a squad overhaul, having already completed a flurry of signings this summer. Apart from Nathaniel Garcia, the Manipuri side have already announced the signings of Varghese Jayan, Aryan Gupta, Varney Kallon, Jiteshwor Singh, Naorem Singh, Benjamin Lupheng and so on. Imran Khan (NorthEast United), Philip Adjah (Mohammedan SC), Zodingliana Ralte and Roshan Singh (both Gokulam Kerala) are some of the notable departures from their last season’s squad, as the club looks keen to make an impact in the I-League which is all set to begin on January 9, 2021.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 09:51:18 PM by Tallman »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 07:30:06 PM »
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :frustrated:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 08:44:09 PM »
Why No ? Bad club ? Refused other offers ? To far from home ? Non paying league? Better days was coming? Or your team lost out ? Why Coco ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 01:13:59 AM »
Why No ? Bad club ? Refused other offers ? To far from home ? Non paying league? Better days was coming? Or your team lost out ? Why Coco ?

who is his agent ?India  he had to go there for a pay cheque one season is enough hope he does not get stuck there
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 03:57:05 AM »

I'm curious as to the nature of the counsel and input provided by Levi.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 04:14:51 AM »
The standard is improving significantly in India, I won't say it's an amazing move in terms of career progression, but given football now it's good to have a pay check.

If the two Indian leagues merge (as they planned), that's a whole different ball-game.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 12:32:48 PM »

Levi or Nathaniel, or both .

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 04:39:45 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2020, 05:49:48 PM »

Levi or Nathaniel, or both .

Levi.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2020, 06:17:17 PM »

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/11/28/garcia-stop-discouraging-young-footballers/

Judah Garcia is a very talented player with qualities that I have acclaimed on these very pages.

In one post I recall anticipating him in the Starting XI for a NT match and was disappointed that the starting posture of the team did not accommodate what I regard as qualities that would have extended that particular opponent. Instead, what we witnessed was a series of negative passing and little commitment or conviction to playing positively. Maybe that explained his non-inclusion from the first whistle. He appeared subsequently during that match if memory serves correctly.

Cocorite can speak for Cocorite, but I know that Cocorite has also been a fervent supporter of Judah on this forum.

Meanwhile, it seems that Judah has aged overnight all of a sudden --- although he's only just turned 20, but that perception is because the expectation of his movement abroad has been an expectation that has persisted during the lowest period of our international activity.

Levi makes a good point. And, the clock is ticking. However, I think there was also a question as to whether having Levi as a brother enhanced the diversity of Judah's options abroad. I think his comment answers that.

Let's see how it unfolds.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 08:13:23 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2020, 06:58:26 PM »
I’ll keep this brief.

Don’t know whether that article is in direct response to the few comments on this page. I can’t imagine that to be the case because they’re so few and no strictly discouraging remarks.

My “Nooooooooooo” has no intention to discourage. I am a big believer in affirmation and encouragement. I see Judah as a top Trinidad talent. I wish him and his family the very best. I will be cheering for him and all our other sons of the soil plying their trade on this terrestrial ball.

Thanks for the positives, Seeker.

Blessings to all

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2020, 08:20:27 PM »
There's also this: “Everyone who follows us knew one day it would have happened and I’m really looking forward to playing with my younger brother.

Playing with a sibling abroad would be a pull for many and maybe even more on the first stint at a club abroad.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »
I’ll keep this brief.

Don’t know whether that article is in direct response to the few comments on this page. I can’t imagine that to be the case because they’re so few and no strictly discouraging remarks.

My “Nooooooooooo” has no intention to discourage. I am a big believer in affirmation and encouragement. I see Judah as a top Trinidad talent. I wish him and his family the very best. I will be cheering for him and all our other sons of the soil plying their trade on this terrestrial ball.

Blessings to all
I don't think your "No" was meant to be a discourager of sorts. I posted the article as it was something by Levi. I was just curious as to why you said "No". Were you hoping for a better league or club ? Were you hoping to continue getting a glimpse of him running out for your club ? what ? You still didn't give your reasons. I'm just curious and interested in what your thoughts are ? is all. Full respect, No negativity involved.

add: as a matter of fact, I'm not sure I quite agree with Levi, I think their are a quite a few ppl who do encourage and work extremely hard for the youths, volunteers, sans remuneration. They may not be at the forefront of the bacchanal aspect of our football. They are hardly known or recognized except by the young ppl they work with, many who don't make a name in football, yet some do remember the life lessons they learn from those individuals along the way. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:17:12 AM by maxg »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2020, 02:00:15 PM »
I’ll keep this brief.

Blessings to all
I don't think your "No" was meant to be a discourager of sorts. I posted the article as it was something by Levi. I was just curious as to why you said "No". Were you hoping for a better league or club ? Were you hoping to continue getting a glimpse of him running out for your club ? what ? You still didn't give your reasons. I'm just curious and interested in what your thoughts are ? is all. Full respect, No negativity involved.

add: as a matter of fact, I'm not sure I quite agree with Levi, I think their are a quite a few ppl who do encourage and work extremely hard for the youths, volunteers, sans remuneration. They may not be at the forefront of the bacchanal aspect of our football. They are hardly known or recognized except by the young ppl they work with, many who don't make a name in football, yet some do remember the life lessons they learn from those individuals along the way. 

Yes, that is basically it. I wanted better for him being in my mind among our brightest prospects at the moment.

It is probably true that we on our sofas do not know how hard it is for our footballers to secure good contracts.

Blessings & Best wishes
Coco

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2020, 02:55:10 PM »
 :chilling:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2020, 04:27:33 PM »
Good Luck, Judah.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2021, 01:49:20 PM »
Scored a  double

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pJN6CrD4wBk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pJN6CrD4wBk</a>

« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 01:55:48 PM by Trini _2022 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2021, 03:31:37 PM »
Some seriously amateurish defending. So punish dem.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2021, 02:45:33 AM »
That pitch has more bounce than Nicki Minaj...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 12:19:18 PM »
From Trinidad and Tobago for Football: Garcia Brothers ready to shine for Neroca FC
By Soumo Ghosh (i-league.org)

A number of brothers have enthralled fans of the Hero I-League with their performances. Be it the likes of Climax and Covan Lawrence in Dempo SC, or Michael Regin and Micheal Soosairaj at Chennai City FC — brothers playing for the same side have always been a spectacle.

The 2020-21 season of the Hero I-League is seeing another duo take to the pitch — this time with NEROCA FC badge gleaming on their chest – Nathaniel and Judah Garcia.

Having travelled all the way from Trinidad and Tobago, this duo of attacking players have brought some firepower to the NEROCA front line. While Nathaniel has already played in India last season for Gokulam Kerala FC, this is Judah’s first season in India.

“It’s really good to be here to play football. It’s good to see that League football continues in India with so many precautions being put in place for the Pandemic situation,” said Judah. “Not every country is so lucky.”

“My brother had played here last season and when he told me that there was an opportunity to play here, I was more than happy to hop on the plane with him. I’ve always wanted to play in another country.”

The Hero I-League 2020-21 season is being played from within the confines of a bio-secure bubble due to the ongoing COVID Pandemic. As part of the safety precautions, the players and officials are restricted to their hotel rooms, and movements can only be made of meals, training, and matches. And there are regular tests being conducted at regular intervals.

While such restrictions do affect individuals the Garcia brothers have been at a bit of an advantage.

“Yes, it’s a difficult proposition. Not only do you have to stay away from your family for so many months but you are also not allowed to step out of the hotel other than training or matches,” said Judah. “But having my brother as my roommate has really helped. Especially during the quarantine, when we were restricted to our room, having my brother with me in the room helped a lot.”

The two brothers recounted the surprise that their new teammates at NEROCA registered when the whole squad assembled in Imphal for their pre-season training.

“They were not exactly sure if we were brothers. Some thought that we just happened to have the same last name. Some asked whether we are cousins,” laughed Nathaniel, who is the older of the two brothers. “But we cleared all their doubts. Yes, we are brothers from the same parents.”

Growing up in the Garcia household, both Nathaniel and Judah started playing a number of sports in their younger days.

“We have an older brother who played both cricket and football. We also played a few sports, but eventually, we began to concentrate on football, and now we are not only playing for the same club together but also for the National Team as well,” said Nathaniel.

Having played together since childhood, the two brothers claim to have developed an understanding in the opposition third, something that was on display when Judah, assisted by Nathaniel, produced a Hero of the Match performance against the Indian Arrows to help his side earn their first victory of the season on Wednesday, January 20, 2021.

“We have played together for a long time, at the same club, and for the National Team as well,” said Judah. “I play as a striker, and my brother is an attacking midfielder, so we have always had a bit of a chemistry between ourselves. I hope we can use that to score many goals this season.”

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »
Are they all out of the Amwood Academy a la Levi ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 09:48:44 AM »
WATCH: Judah Garcia scores his third goal in as many games during Neroca FC's 2-1 loss to Aizawl FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7YqABlHojg4?start=234" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7YqABlHojg4?start=234</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 01:16:59 PM »
Love seeing Trinis scoring, but every time I watch Indian league highlights the keeping is woeful

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 01:41:54 PM »
Love seeing Trinis scoring, but every time I watch Indian league highlights the keeping is woeful

Yes, the goalkeeping is poor.

1]; } ?>