March 28, 2024, 09:31:57 AM

Author Topic: Commonwealth Games 2018 Updates Thread  (Read 9144 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Commonwealth Games 2018 Updates Thread
« on: April 05, 2018, 12:59:21 AM »
Please post all updates for Team TTO in this thread thanks!   :)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Commonwealth Games 2018 Updates Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 07:38:26 AM »
Congrats Dylan!
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »
Congrats to Dylan. Plata!!!! Thank you!

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 04:56:33 PM »
Congratulations to Dylan! I'm happy with the fifth place too because he got a PB and a NR.

Congrats to our 100m ladies too all 3 made the final. If Reyare had a start she would be a medal contender. Same goes for Khalifa, I'm not sure where her start has gone she was practically last in the first 10/20m of the semi's but came through strongly in the latter half. If she gets her start back for the final I think she could snatch a medal.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:45:36 AM »
Gold for Michelle Lee. Congrats. You have been knocking on the door for a long time. Long over due. Nice.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:14:43 AM by Deeks »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 10:15:05 AM »
Congrats MLA!  Love the pendant too  ;)
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:21:13 PM »

Race video, MLA wins comfortably  :beermug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG2ZE6S-Iq4

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 02:45:56 PM »
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-09/simbine-leads-sa-quinella-to-bring-down-blake-in-100m-final/9634930

Michelle-Lee Ahye showed why she was the gold medal favourite in the women's 100 metres at the Commonwealth Games, winning the final with a clinical display of sprinting in Carrara.

Ahye won Trinidad and Tobago its first gold medal in the women's blue-ribband event, clocking 11.14 to beat home Jamaican pair Christania Williams (11.21) and Gayon Evans (11.22).

"I think my family and country will be very proud," Ahye said. "It means a lot to me to represent Trinidad and Tobago."

In a field weakened by the absence of Jamaica's Olympic champion Elaine Thompson, who is only contesting the 200m and the 4x100m relay on the Gold Coast, Ahye was the pre-Games favourite courtesy of her slick personal best of 10.82.

She was also the best-credentialed athlete in the final, having placed sixth at both the Rio Olympics and last year's world championships in London.

The 25-year-old, heavily tattooed and sporting dyed red dreadlocks, was among the quickest out of the blocks and she began to clear away from the field at the 60-metre mark.

Evans produced a mighty challenge in the outside side to finish strongly, but she could not catch Ahye nor her teammate Williams.

Ahye, who was Trinidad and Tobago's flagbearer in last Wednesday's opening ceremony, pumped her right fist as she crossed the finish line before falling on the track on the top bend in celebration.

She once again carried her country's flag as she embarked on a lap of honour and she will perhaps add another gold medal in the 4x100m relay later in the program, given the depth of Trinidad and Tobago sprinting.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 05:58:27 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SG2ZE6S-Iq4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SG2ZE6S-Iq4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 03:21:58 AM »
This CWG gold for MLA is 4 years overdue as she was having a great breakout season back in 2014 with a long unbeaten streak on the circuit in Europe when she got injured just before CWG2014.

MLA was plagued with injuries for about 2 to 3 years between 2014 and 2016 which has retarded her progress and goal to become the fastest in the world.

Hopefully MLA can now gain the confidence from this CWG2018 victory to step up her performances at major championships and so be able to regularly mount the podium thus proving that she is one of the world's top 3 along side ET and whoever else joins the podium party.

Congrats to MLA on her coping her first major championship title which is the prefect birthday to herself.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
Congrats MLA!

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
Congrats MLA and JR!🥇🥇

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 06:11:43 PM »
Congrats to JR. All the best for Tokyo!!!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 07:18:47 PM »
Congrats Jereem!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:15 PM »
Wow, congrats JR!

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2018, 09:24:19 PM »
Can someone please explain to me what happened in the 4x400m and 4x100?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2018, 06:50:03 AM »
Oh, lord!

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 06:51:33 AM »
My only disappointment in terms of track and field were in the relays, felt we could have done much better as we know our sprinters on those teams could have done better

Special congrats to MLA and J Richards for bringing home GOLD  :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2018, 10:29:58 AM »
So I see they "out" Michelle.  Are they trying to say she is not a worthy role model?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2018, 01:21:03 PM »
So I see they "out" Michelle.  Are they trying to say she is not a worthy role model?
Our people just narrow minded, why should that be an issue anyway? That's nobody's business, let her live her life!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2018, 05:11:36 AM »
Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius and success

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius and success
Aint! Say it again. The people who always criticize cant do a damn in anything!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »
M Lee nasty attitude is starting to rub people the wrong way her decision not to run in the 4 by 100 relays when AB made a remark was very childish that decision probably cost us a medal if she continues with this attitude she will become fair game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 04:49:56 PM »
M Lee nasty attitude is starting to rub people the wrong way her decision not to run in the 4 by 100 relays when AB made a remark was very childish that decision probably cost us a medal if she continues with this attitude she will become fair game.

i thought that was decided from before the games. I thought she was only running the 100.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »

i thought that was decided from before the games. I thought she was only running the 100.
When the team was announced she was part of the relay pool when AB made the remark she said she would not be running in the relays then later she said her coach told her to only run the 100.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2018, 08:07:53 PM »

When the team was announced she was part of the relay pool when AB made the remark she said she would not be running in the relays then later she said her coach told her to only run the 100.

Oh! never a dull moment.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »
Oh, lord!

Was well in the lead in the 2nd and 3rd leg. Very slow handover and Cedino get boxed in.
Thought he might pull it out in the stretch but not to be.

They lost close to half a second on that handover.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 02:19:04 AM »
Oh, lord!

Was well in the lead in the 2nd and 3rd leg. Very slow handover and Cedino get boxed in.

VB

If you look at the video of the last exchange you will see that Cedenio was pushed in the exchange zone by the Kenyan who was meant to remain outside of him but decided to move from his designated exchange position towards the inside lane to get to his incoming teammate running in the inside lane.
Kenya was rightly DQed for exchanging in the wrong position but the push that Cedenio got from the Kenyan outgoing runner caused the incoming Quow to take an extra second to get the baton safely into Cedenio's hand and after that delay Cedenio was then boxed-in by the other front runners for most of the last lap.
Its unfortunate but I think Cedenio did his best to deal with the situation but his trademark last 100m kick was missing and he was unable to overhaul the 3 last leg runners who were able to get ahead of him before the last 100m of the last leg. I believe that push that Cedenio got from the Kenyan in the exchange zone that caused the delay in us making a safe baton change could have cost us a medal.
Disappointing but so it goes sometimes in these relays when luck wasn't on your side.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:31:51 AM by Socapro »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »
Oh, lord!

VB

If you look at the video of the last exchange you will see that Cedenio was pushed in the exchange zone by the Kenyan who was meant to remain outside of him but decided to move from his designated exchange position towards the inside lane to get to his incoming teammate running in the inside lane.
Kenya was rightly DQed for exchanging in the wrong position but the push that Cedenio got from the Kenyan outgoing runner caused the incoming Quow to take an extra second to get the baton safely into Cedenio's hand and after that delay Cedenio was then boxed-in by the other front runners for most of the last lap.
Its unfortunate but I think Cedenio did his best to deal with the situation but his trademark last 100m kick was missing and he was unable to overhaul the 3 last leg runners who were able to get ahead of him before the last 100m of the last leg. I believe that push that Cedenio got from the Kenyan in the exchange zone that caused the delay in us making a safe baton change could have cost us a medal.
Disappointing but so it goes sometimes in these relays when luck wasn't on your side.
What happen to the videos I did not see any races in the commonwealth games.

1]; } ?>