March 19, 2024, 02:08:00 AM

Author Topic: 2018 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.  (Read 25435 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2018 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2018, 01:30:21 AM »
Pleasantville, Fyzabad to battle for South InterCol title.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Pleas­antville Sec­ondary eased its way in­to the fi­nal of the South Zone In­ter­Col com­pe­ti­tion in the Shell/ First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League on Thurs­day evening.

Play­ing in the sec­ond match of a dou­ble­head­er at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um, Pleas­antville claimed a huge 11-0 win over Point Fortin East in the semi­fi­nals.

The South Zone and Big Five cham­pi­on will now meet Fyz­abad An­gli­can in the fi­nal to­mor­row from 3 pm at a venue to be ad­vised. Fyz­abad put on a sol­id per­for­mance to elim­i­nate St Joseph Con­vent San Fer­nan­do, 3-0 in the open­ing match.

The semi­fi­nal match­es in the North Zone In­ter­Col were close­ly con­test­ed but it was Tran­quil­i­ty and Holy Name Con­vent earn­ing spots in the fi­nal.

Tran­quil­i­ty pulled off an up­set win over North Zone league cham­pi­on Bish­op Anstey Port-of-Spain, edg­ing them 2-1 at St Mary's grounds in St Clair while Holy Name nar­row­ly got by Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral, 3-2 at St Joseph's Con­vent ground.

Over in To­ba­go Zone, Scar­bor­ough Sec­ondary and Sig­nal Hill will meet in the fi­nal. The for­mer de­feat­ed Good­wood Sec­ondary, 3-0 and To­ba­go league win­ner Sig­nal Hill beat Bish­op’s High, 5-0.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2018, 01:37:02 AM »
Champions Tran­quil­i­ty Gov­ern­ment Sec­ondary.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Tran­quil­i­ty Gov­ern­ment Sec­ondary School’s cap­tain Fali­cia King cel­e­brates with her team-mates the 2018 North Zone In­ter­Col ti­tle fol­low­ing the school's 2-1 vic­to­ry over Holy Name Con­vent in the Sec­ondary School Foot­ball League (SS­FL) Girls fi­nal at St. Joseph Con­vent Grounds, Fed­er­a­tion Park, St Clair yes­ter­day.

King gave Tran­quil­i­ty the lead but be­fore the half-time whis­tle was sound­ed, Kai-Marie Simp­son lev­elled the scores 1-1. How­ev­er, King made sure that Tran­quil­i­ty lifts the ti­tle with her sec­ond goal of the match.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 01:39:57 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2018, 06:55:33 PM »
WATCH: San Juan North Secondary and Trinity College East will meet in the East Zone Intercol final on Wednesday, November 21st. Take a look at how they got there.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/af8vCs6yo6A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/af8vCs6yo6A</a>

WATCH: Trinity College Moka emerged victorious over East Mucurapo Secondary after penalty kicks in one of the North Zone Intercol Semifinals.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q4HpvTn0_60" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q4HpvTn0_60</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2018, 08:57:14 PM »
For a week now I have wanted to make a post, what ever happened to Trinity and Tranquil after their glory years in the 70s.

Trinity made it to the N. Zone Finals in 1980 in an aborted season.

Forty plus years is a helluva thing.

Mucurapo is not that big. So where exactly is Mucruapo East??
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »
For a week now I have wanted to make a post, what ever happened to Trinity and Tranquil after their glory years in the 70s.

Trinity Moka won the North intercol a couple years ago. This is the same team int he video here defeating East Mucurapo.

I believe the Senior Comprehensives have all been adjustedin their setup(possibly have form 6's now and rebranded)
East Mucurapo is what you would have known as Mucurapo Snr. Comp.

Success happens in waves, even at the highest level of international and club football.
Right now the South zone is doing well with Pres and Naps being very consistent and Benedict's having a rejuvenated season.

Many of the north teams are in rebuild mode it seems.
But the SSFL mgmt and policies need re-evaluation. To improve and grow the existing product

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2018, 09:10:13 PM »
Tranquil is in the Championship division (aka the division just below this top nationwide division you're seeing now)

Some schools either don't see the worth of investing in the idea of the student-athlete or bend the rules in order to uplift their program somewhat ----like accepting medicore grades in order for the student to get into form 6 just to play football.
When football is over, what is there for these youths??
Holistic development isn't stressed enough. The 2 can go hand-in-hand. Just we as a nation are not seeing the broader picture and stuck in ole school methodologies unfortunately

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2018, 11:12:35 PM »

The last time QRC win national intercol was probably 1966.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 20, 2018, 01:24:20 AM »

Trinity Moka won the North intercol a couple years ago. This is the same team int he video here defeating East Mucurapo.

I believe the Senior Comprehensives have all been adjustedin their setup(possibly have form 6's now and rebranded)

Success happens in waves, even at the highest level of international and club football.
Right now the South zone is doing well with Pres and Naps being very consistent and Benedict's having a rejuvenated season.

But the SSFL mgmt and policies need re-evaluation. To improve and grow the existing product

In my day Mucurapo Jr/Sr. was on the same lot of land, right across from Fatima.

I findi it hard to believe they would rename two schools on the same lot so I guessing East and West are in different locations.

VB

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2018, 01:36:35 AM »
Naparima, Presentation set for another South derby.
By Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

Seon Ship­ley sank a pair of goals to put Na­pari­ma Col­lege in­to the fi­nal of the South Zone in the Co­ca Co­la In­ter­Col Tour­na­ment yes­ter­day in the open­ing match of a dou­ble-head­er at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la.

Na­pari­ma, the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) Pre­mier Di­vi­sion cham­pi­on, com­fort­ably de­feat­ed Pleas­antville Sec­ondary, 4-0 and will re­sume its ri­val­ry with Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, which edged St Bene­dict’s Col­lege, 1-0, in the lat­er match.

It was Kodel Fron­tin get­ting the open­ing item for Na­pari­ma as ear­ly as the ninth minute putting the for­mer South Zone In­ter­col cham­pi­on on the back­foot. Pleas­antville tried to get an equalis­er but it nev­er came.

On the oth­er end though, Ship­ley did well in putting his team up 2-0, find­ing the back of the net in the 38th minute. The score re­mained un­changed when the teams went in at the half.

As in the first half, Na­pari­ma got a goal in ear­ly on with Ship­ley re­turn­ing five min­utes in­to the sec­ond ses­sion to give his team a 3-0 ad­van­tage.

Pleas­antville's strug­gle con­tin­ued and was un­able to lessen its deficit de­spite do­ing well to hold off the Na­pari­ma at­tack lat­er on in the sec­ond half. That was un­til na­tion­al Un­der-20 play­er Mark Ramdeen put the "ic­ing on the cake" in the 72nd minute and earned Na­pari­ma, the first spot in the fi­nal.

How­ev­er, it was not as easy for the oth­er fi­nal­ist, Pre­sen­ta­tion, which did enough to get the nar­row one-goal vic­to­ry over St Bene­dict's in the "Clas­sic" South Zone In­ter­Col ri­val­ry.

The match ap­peared to be head­ing to a goal­less draw and like­ly to be de­cid­ed by penal­ty kicks but Jaiye Shep­pard came to the res­cue, scor­ing the win­ner for Pre­sen­ta­tion in the 86th minute, to grab the oth­er va­cant spot in the fi­nale, which is card­ed for Mon­day

Up in North, host team, East Mu­cu­rapo proved to a wor­thy op­po­nent for Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka, hold­ing them to a goal­less draw at the end of reg­u­la­tion and added on time.

How­ev­er, it was Trin­i­ty Mo­ka pre­vail­ing with a 5-4 win on penal­ty kicks.

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka will meet St An­tho­ny's Col­lege in the North Zone In­ter­Col fi­nal af­ter the lat­ter cool­ly sealed a 4-1 over Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) at Ser­pen­tine Road in Port-of-Spain.

To­day, the Cen­tral Zone In­ter­Col semi­fi­nals will take place at Cou­va East ground, with the open­ing match of the dou­ble­head­er kick­ing off at 3 pm.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2018, 08:16:27 AM »

In my day Mucurapo Jr/Sr. was on the same lot of land, right across from Fatima.

I findi it hard to believe they would rename two schools on the same lot so I guessing East and West are in different locations.

VB

yuh probably guessing wrong. Is Trini we talking bout. I willing to bet MJS is in fact Mucurapo Wast

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2018, 09:21:30 AM »

VB

yuh probably guessing wrong. Is Trini we talking bout. I willing to bet MJS is in fact Mucurapo Wast

I just googled Mucurapo East and it says they are in St. James.  :o

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2018, 12:19:35 PM »

VB

Mucurapo East Sec was Mucurapo Senior Compre. and Mucurapo West Sec was Mucurapo Jr Sec as far as I'm aware. These changes came into effect roughly 10 years ago.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2018, 12:53:46 PM »

VB

Mucurapo East Sec was Mucurapo Senior Compre. and Mucurapo West Sec was Mucurapo Jr Sec as far as I'm aware. These changes came into effect roughly 10 years ago.

So yuh telling me that Muc. West is really a Jr. sec side or do they go up to form V and Muc. East is the form VI block???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »

Are they in rebuild mode or is it that they have not adjusted or adapted to the new reality?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2018, 04:25:23 PM »
Are they in rebuild mode or is it that they have not adjusted or adapted to the new reality?

What is the new reality?

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »

VB

So yuh telling me that Muc. West is really a Jr. sec side or do they go up to form V and Muc. East is the form VI block???

In 2008, the Min of Education made all secondary schools either a 5 year school or a 7 year school. Junior Secs and Snr Comps no longer exist. I think Muc West and Muc East are both go up to form 5.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2018, 01:39:41 AM »
Mitchell's hat-trick wins it for Five Rivers.
By Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

Fiv­er Rivers Sec­ondary School's Maya Mitchell thrilled spec­ta­tors yes­ter­day, hit­ting a hat-trick to seal a dom­i­nant 4-1 win over Va­len­cia Sec­ondary for her team in the East Zone In­ter­Col of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary School­girls Foot­ball League. This was in the fi­nal played in St Au­gus­tine.

The vic­to­ry saw Five Rivers book a spot in the na­tion­al In­ter­Col quar­ter­fi­nal to face To­ba­go cham­pi­on Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary on Sun­day from 3 pm at a venue to be an­nounced.

Mitchell net­ted the open­er in the 12th minute, re­turn­ing 14 min­utes lat­er to in­crease her team's lead 2-0, an ad­van­tage Five Rivers took in­to the dress­ing room at the half-time in­ter­val as Va­len­cia had no an­swer for its op­po­nent.

On the re­sump­tion, Mitchell put her name in the score­book again with a goal a minute in­to the re­sump­tion of the sec­ond half.

The Va­len­cia play­ers though did not drop their heads and were able to pull one back thanks to the ef­fort of Cyan Williams, who scored in the 55th minute, to re­duce her team's deficit 1-3.

De­spite lead­ing, Five Rivers' in­ten­si­ty nev­er fad­ed and in the 64th minute, Ja­da Gaskin pro­duced a goal to clinch the win and book her team's spot in the na­tion­al In­ter­Col quar­ter­fi­nal ver­sus Sig­nal Hill, which top­pled Scar­bor­ough, 6-0 on Sun­day.

The win­ner from the quar­ter­fi­nal match-up will meet North cham­pi­on Tran­quil­li­ty Sec­ondary in one half of the na­tion­al semi­fi­nals. Tran­quil­i­ty edged Holy Name Con­vent, 2-1 on the week­end as well.

In the oth­er semi­fi­nal af­fair, South Zone In­ter­Col win­ner Pleas­antville Sec­ondary, al­so the Big Five cham­pi­on, will be chal­lenged by Cara­pichaima East, which de­feat­ed Mir­a­cle Min­istries, 5-1, on Mon­day evening in the Cen­tral Zone fi­nal played at the Cou­va East ground.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2018, 01:44:39 AM »
'Caps', Chaguanas North cruise to Central final.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

CARAPICHAIMA East and Chaguanas North cruised to the Central Zone final of the Coca Cola Intercol yesterday, with comfortable victories in their respective semi-final matches.

At the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Carapichaima East hammered Couva East 6-0 and Chaguanas North eased past Presentation Chaguanas 4-1.

In the first semi, captain Kevon Williams and Josiah King scored two goals apiece, with Luke Charles and Ivan Dos Santos adding one each.

Chaguanas North were rewarded with goals from Isaiah Albert, Roberto Lambert, Michael Francis and Syron De La Rosa. Ethan Persad got the consolation item for Presentation Chaguanas.

The Central Intercol final will be staged at the Ato Boldon Stadium tomorrow from 3.30 pm.

Two other zonal finals will take place tomorrow.

In the Tobago decider, Signal Hill will battle Speyside at Mt Pleasant, from 3 pm and, a half-hour later, in the North final, St Anthony’s will tackle Trinity Moka at the St Mary’s Ground, St Clair.

Today, the focus will be at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Arima, with San Juan meeting Trinity East for the East Intercol crown. Kick-off time is 3.30 pm.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2018, 06:49:54 PM »
WATCH: San Juan North Secondary are the 2018 East Zone Intercol Champions after defeating Trinity College East on penalty kicks

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gPf9yYY_Kfw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gPf9yYY_Kfw</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »
WATCH: 2018 Central Zone Intercol finalists determined after Carapichaima East Secondary hammers Couva East Secondary 6-0 and Chaguanas North Secondary ease Presentation College Chaguanas 4-1.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4JzSB9F92nQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4JzSB9F92nQ</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
San Juan takes third zonal InterCol title
« Reply #140 on: November 22, 2018, 12:36:28 PM »
San Juan takes third zonal InterCol title
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

San Juan North Sec­ondary was crowned east zone cham­pi­on of the Co­ca Co­la In­ter­Col on Wednes­day when it de­feat­ed Trin­i­ty Col­lege East 5-4 from the penal­ty spot at the Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um, Mal­abar, Ari­ma.

The boys from Bourg Mu­la­tresse shook off their dis­ap­point­ment in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion to fire five per­fect­ly struck penal­ties past the Trin­i­ty cus­to­di­an in the fi­nal af­ter the match re­mained tied 1-1 at the end of reg­u­la­tion time.

But they had to come from be­hind af­ter de­fend­er Eli­jah Gar­cia hand­ed Trin­i­ty strik­er Tyrique Suther­land the ball un­marked in the 62nd minute in the area. Suther­land's pow­er­ful low dri­ve took a de­flec­tion off an­oth­er de­fend­er Kyle Thomas be­fore beat­ing Em­manuel John in the San Juan goal.

San Juan, de­spite their dom­i­nance there­after, had to wait un­til late in the match to get the equalis­er, which came off the boot of Chris­t­ian Mitchell.

In the kicks that fol­lowed, San Juan was per­fect with ef­forts from Re­nal­do Boyce, Isa­iah Chase, Ka­reem John, Ma­lik Far­ri­er and Jer­ry Mor­ris all go­ing in, to spark wild cel­e­bra­tions.

Moe said af­ter­wards he was par­tic­u­lar­ly pleased with his play­ers for win­ning, not once but three ti­tles in con­sec­u­tive years.

"I had to make a num­ber of changes in the match, par­tic­u­lar­ly when the goal was scored on us. I changed our for­mat from 4:4:2 to 3:5:1 in an ef­fort to get back the goal and when we did, we changed back to 4:4:2 and it worked for us," Moe said.

The win sends San Juan North straight to the se­mi-fi­nals of the Na­tion­al In­ter­Col where it will face the win­ner of the To­ba­go zone, to be con­test­ed to­day be­tween Spey­side High and Sig­nal Hill at Mt Pleas­ant Recre­ation Ground from 3.30 pm.

Moe said re­gard­less of which team they will face in the semi­fi­nals, he is con­fi­dent his boys will come out on the win­ning side.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:17 AM »
Carapichaima East, Signal Hill cop Intercol crowns.

CARAPICHAIMA EAST and Signal Hill copped the respective Central and Tobago Coca-Cola Zonal Intercol crowns yesterday. They have both advanced to the National Intercol competition, which will begin next week.

At the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Carapichaima rallied from a goal down to beat Chaguanas North 3-1.

Erin Steeple put Chaguanas North in front after four minutes, but Tevon Williams tied the scores in the 19th.

Akil Vesprey netted the second goal for Carapichaima in the 65th and Roberto Lambert put the game beyond Chaguanas’ reach in the 86th. Signal Hill got a beaver-trick from Colin Sargeant as they overcame Speyside 5-3 at the Mt Pleasant Ground. Jelani James was the other goal-getter for Signal Hill.

C’el Toppin, Deleon Beckles and Jonathan Thomas were on target for Speyside. On Wednesday, San Juan North needed kicks from the penalty spot to defeat Trinity East 5-4, after the scores were locked at the end of regulation time.

The South Zone final between Naparima and Presentation San Fernando is set to take place at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella on Monday.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #142 on: November 23, 2018, 05:49:32 AM »
Tigers roar to North Intercol title.

ST ANTHONY’S, also known as the “Westmoorings Tigers”, captured the Coca Cola North Zone Intercol trophy yesterday after a 4-2 result, courtesy kicks from the penalty spot, over Trinity Moka, in an entertaining final at the St Mary’s Ground, St Clair.

Captain Haile Beckles scored a hat-trick for the Tigers, but Anfernee Bascombe replied with a double, and Jardel Mitchell got the other for Trinity, as the scores were tied at 3-3 at the end of regulation time.

However, in the penalty shootout, St Anthony’s goalkeeper Josiah Perez produced two crucial saves to ensure that the Westmoorings-based school will participate in the National Intercol competition, which kicks off next week.

In the shootout, Ian Cowie, Kiron Manswell, Kaihim Thomas and Josiah Edwards scored for the Tigers.

Kai Phillip and Ronaldo Jacob scored Trinity’s first and third kicks respectively, but Perez dived twice to his right to deny efforts from Josiah Superville and Bascombe.

St Anthony’s held the upper-hand in the first half hour, with Beckles coming close to breaking the deadlock in the 13th minute with a header that crashed off the uprights.

However, a mistake by Trinity’s Justin Dos Santos – one of many by the goalie – gifted the opening goal for Beckles in the 35th minute.

A breakdown in the Trinity midfield resulted in a ball from defender Manswell to the path of Beckles. Dos Santos ran out of the penalty box and missed his attempted clearance, leaving Beckles with the simple task of slotting the ball to the open net.

Trinity’s Josiah Wilson (37th) and St Anthony’s Quinn Frederick (67th) both had efforts denied by the uprights.

But Bascombe equalised for the Moka-based school in the 69th, with a header which flew past the left of Perez.

Beckles netted his second goal in the 72nd with a header, off a rebound, after Dos Santos made a hash from a freekick by Edwards.

The noise from the St Anthony’s fans were silenced a minute later when Phillip capitalised on a defensive lapse to net his team’s second item.

Dos Santos was at fault once again in the 83rd when he failed to judge a long ball and allowed Beckles to head past him before sliding the ball into the back of the net.

The game had another twist, in the fifth minute of stoppage time. Jardel Mitchell’s freekick from deep was parried by Perez and Bascombe was on hand to bang home the loose ball.

However, in fading sunlight, Perez atoned for that lapse with a pair of stops to end Trinity’s 2018 season.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 23, 2018, 02:03:16 PM »
WATCH: Malick Secondary was once feared across the land and a powerhouse in secondary schools football for almost a decade in the 80's and 90's. Having not tasted top-flight football under the new format since inception 5 years ago, Malick Secondary shares dreams of their redemption.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3LS5WuD97Ck" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3LS5WuD97Ck</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2018, 07:01:23 PM »
WATCH: Naparima College continued their impressive unbeaten run this season to capture the 2018 South Zone Intercol title by defeating their bitter rivals Presentation College, San Fernando on penalty kicks.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ewAXtt1YG1M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ewAXtt1YG1M</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2018, 01:36:20 AM »
Naps goalie stars in thrilling South final.
By Nickolai Madray (Newsday).

NAPARIMA College claimed their second title of the season yesterday, edging Presentation College 4-3 on penalties in a gripping Coca Cola South Zone Intercol final at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella. The most anticipated derby of the season ended 0-0 after regulation time and proved to be a thrilling contest as it took eight kicks from the penalty spot to separate the teams.

In the early stage of the game, both teams struggled to dominate possession as the tension was high on the field and around the stadium. Presentation almost took the lead in the 10th minute when Omri Baird danced around two defenders before he delivered a wonderful ball onto the head of Jayie Sheppard at the back post, but the attacker got denied by the upright.

Two minutes later, Presentation's Aleem Barclay latched onto a loose ball around the 18 yard box but scuffed his shot. Jordan Riley attempted to stamp his authority on the game in the 22nd minute, as the attacker tried his luck from distance but MVP of the match, Naps' captain and custodian Levi Fernandez, was equal to the task to stop the goal-bound shot.

Naps eased their way back into the game, and Seon Shippley almost caught his opponents sleeping in the 28th minute with a flicked header towards goal after Mark Ramdeen's lobbed pass found him in the penalty area. However, Presentation's goalkeeper Jabari Gray managed to get his glove on the ball to prevent the goal.

Ramdeen had Naps' best opportunity just before the half when he lifted the ball over a Presentation defender on the edge of the box, and fired his low shot into the side-netting.

After the break, the match was still poised at 0-0 as both teams were tentative and determined not to make errors. Naps were awarded a free-kick at the edge of the penalty area in the 65th minute, but the attempt was smashed against the wall by Ramdeen, along with the rebounding effort. He had another chance in the 78th minute when he received a pass inside the 18 yard box but skied his attempt over the crossbar.

Presentation had their opportunities too, but like Naps, were unable to convert in front goal. 'Pres' then found themselves a man down in the dying minutes of the match when Darnell Hospedales saw a straight red card for illegally stopping Ramdeen as he raced past the last defender and towards goal.

With penalties needed to decide a winner, both goalkeepers became the stars of the show by saving several shots during the shootout. After seven kicks each, the sides were still level before Naps finally held their nerve after Presentation had faltered. In the end, Naparima claimed their second title of the season and left with the bragging rights after the derby, as they move on to the National Intercol semis.

(Teams)

Naparima College (4-2-3-1): 1.Levi Fernandez (GK); 5.Daquon Foster, 13.Jeron Pantor, 4.Tyrike Andrews, 8.Kodel Frontin; 6.Shoaib Khan, 17.Nathaniel Perouse; 19.Isa Bramble, 10.Decklan Marcelle, 7.Mark Ramdeen; 20.Seon Shippley.

Unused Substitutes: 30.Enrique Changiah (GK), 9.Ezekiel Kesar, 11.Kern Cedeno, 15.Marvin Waldrop, 16.Akil Johnson, 18.Caleb Gaspar, 21.Nirvan Ramnarine.

Coach: Angus Eve

Presentation College (San F’do) (4-1-4-1): 28.Jabari Gray (GK) (captain); 3.Juaval Roberts, 5.Justin Cornwall, 27.Darnell Hospedales, 2.Zion Allen; 12.Jerrin Jackie; 7.Omri Baird, 15.Aleem Barclay, 10.Jordan Riley, 9.Jaiye Sheppard (29.Jardel Sinclair 86); 6.Ackeel Jacob.

Unused Substitutes: 1.Isaiah Williams (GK), 14.Tylon Roseman, 18.Nkosi Chance, 19.Terrell Noel,  23.Christoph John, 24.Adica Ash.

Coach: Shawn Cooper

Referee: Marlon Perouse

« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:51:56 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Five Rivers fall 6-3 in Tobago
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »
Five Rivers fall 6-3 in Tobago
By Rachael Thompson-King (T&T Guardian)

De­r­isha Bris­tol and Ashante Camp­bell con­tin­ue to prove that they are vi­tal com­po­nents of the Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary at­tack, help­ing their team reach the semi­fi­nals of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Na­tion­al Girls In­ter­Col in the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League.

The To­ba­go zon­al cham­pi­on bat­tled with Five Rivers Sec­ondary and fought to a com­fort­able 6-3 win in the quar­ter­fi­nal round at the Mt Pleas­ant ground in To­ba­go.

Bris­tol and Camp­bell shared the spot­light, net­ting a pair of goals each for Sig­nal Hill. Not to dis­count the ef­forts of its lead­ing scor­er for the sea­son, Ce­line Lo­raine and al­so the ac­cu­rate Gamelia Wal­dron, who scored one apiece in the win.

For Five Rivers, who fin­ished as run­ners-up in the league com­pe­ti­tion in its de­but sea­son the Girls Cham­pi­onships, Ja­da Gaskin pro­duced a dou­ble while Lu­ann Craig scored the oth­er item.

Sig­nal Hill ad­vances to the semi­fi­nals and will meet Tran­quil­i­ty, which al­so placed sec­ond in the North Zone com­pe­ti­tion, at the Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um in Mal­abar, Ari­ma on Thurs­day from 1.30 pm.

In the oth­er semi­fi­nal match-up down at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la that same day, Big Five and South Zone win­ner Pleas­antville Sec­ondary will face Cara­pichaima East. Kick­off is at 3.30 pm.

The win­ners will meet in the fi­nal next Tues­day (De­cem­ber 4).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2018, 01:34:27 AM »
Naps buzzing in hunt for treble.
By Nickolai Madray (Newsday).

NAPARIMA College will be looking to add to an already exceptional Secondary Schools Football League season which has seen them claim two titles, when they face St Anthony's on Friday in the semi-finals of the Coca Cola National Intercol competition at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

After completing the Shell/First Citizens Bank-sponsored Premier Division undefeated, Naps went on to capture the south zone Intercol title on Monday to position themselves in the running for the prestigious treble.

Naparima's captain and goalkeeper, Levi Fernandez, speaking to Newsday after their victory over arch-rivals Presentation College San Fernando, said their opponents were extremely tough to crack.

"Coming into the Intercol, we knew it would be a different ball game as the atmosphere and surroundings changed because it is a knockout fixture. I think both teams really came out here and gave it a fight because of the nature of the rivalry between both schools, but when it comes down to penalties, both sides have a fifty-fifty per cent chance of advancing, and we were blessed to come out with the winning result," he said.

It was not the first time Naps dented Presentation's title hopes for the season, as they blocked their rivals from lifting the league trophy on the last day, while 'Pres' were held to a 1-1 draw by San Juan North Secondary.

Fernandez said his team is fiercely determined and keen to achieve their goals.'

"First of all, in the league we had a downfall in the middle of the season when nobody thought we were able to win it again as it was out of our grasp, but as a team, we kept working and striving where in the end we came out victorious and we thank God for that," he said.

Naparima's Principal, Dr Michael Rawle Dowlath, was very pleased with his student footballers and praised the entire team.

He said, "We would like to congratulate the coach, management and players as they stuck to the tasks at hand and showed their character, perseverance and determination to win us these titles thus far. We are proud of every single one of them."

Dowlath discussed the efforts behind the scenes to reap success, saying, "This takes years of development, as these boys started early throughout the system with the goal of making the school proud, and the coaches are well equipped to help nurture the young, raw talent which these guys possess."

He also reminded the students that these memories should be taken with them in the future as it contributes towards helping build school pride and serves as a motivator for all other students.

Also speaking was former national footballer and Naps' assistant coach, Clayton Ince, who said: "The players are seeing the results of a really tough preseason and these are the effects of hard work." He continued, "Both the league and the south Intercol titles went straight down to the wire and this shows you the standard of the football within these youngsters and the focus they can have when they desire to achieve great things."

Looking into the future, Ince said, "We try to take each match as it comes, game by game, and right now they are still in glee over the victory and they deserve this time to celebrate. We, as part of the technical team, have to now get them back down to earth in time for our next fixture."

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:46:37 AM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2018, 01:36:14 AM »
St Anthony’s cruise to National Intercol semis.

ST ANTHONY’S cruised to the semi-final round of the Coca Cola National Intercol competition, with a convincing 4-1 win over Carapichaima East in their quarter-final fixture yesterday, at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Ace striker Haile Beckles netted a pair as the “Westmoorings Tigers” booked a place in the last four, and a showdown against Premier League winners Naparima on Friday at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

St Anthony’s broke the deadlock in the 17th minute through Jahmai George, who rose above his marker to head home a left-sided corner from Kiron Manswell.

St Anthony’s, the North Intercol title-holders, extended their lead in the 33rd. Beckles chased a loose ball on the left, and sent a cross which was spilled by Carapichaima East goalkeeper Aaron Best.

Zion Williams needed two efforts in order to get the rebound into the back of the net.

Beckles got in the act with a pair of goals, in the 43rd and 45th, to put the game beyond Carapichaima East’s reach.

Both goals came in almost similar fashion, with long balls from the right by Jordan Barclay finding a marauding Beckles who hit right-footed shots past Best. His first goal went low to Best’s left and the second was high over the 'keeper’s reach.

Carapichaima East, the Central Zone Intercol winners, pulled one back in the 62nd through Luke Charles.

The defender was on hand to pounce on a rebound after St Anthony’s goalie Josiah Perez parried a cross from the left by Carapichaima East’s captain Kevon Williams.

The first National Intercol semi between San Juan North and Signal Hill, is expected to take place tomorrow at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:45:43 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
QRC capture Fruta Form 1 football crown
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2018, 07:20:08 AM »
QRC capture Fruta Form 1 football crown
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday
)

CANIOS RUIZ scored twice and Addae Paponette netted the other as QRC defeated Fatima 3-1 yesterday, in the final of the inaugural Fruta Form One (Under-13) National League football competition.

Jaden Williams got the consolation strike for Fatima, but the Royalians held firm for the win at St Mary’s Ground, St Clair.

Fatima started the 60-minute game at a high tempo, but they were unable to get the finishing touch on a few occasions.

In the fourth minute, Josiah Gobin had a good chance to put Fatima ahead, but his right-footed effort went high and wide.

Ruiz collected a floated pass from Zen Renro with his chest, before unleashing a right-footed shot which narrowly missed the target.

Fatima came close in the 22nd minute, as the energetic winger Luke Correia fed Michael Chavez to his right, but Chavez’s low shot was held by goalkeeper Arthur St Louis.

That miss proved costly as seconds later, central midfielder Paponette made a run past a couple of defenders before drilling a right-footer beyond the reach of Fatima goalie Ailan Panton.

A minute into the second half, the Royalians extended their lead. A long ball was pursued by Ruiz who got around the advancing Panton and slotted his left-footed effort into the vacant net.

Panton suffered a knock to his face in the play and had to be replaced by Jaden Ottley.

In the 42nd, Correia was given a golden opportunity to pull one back for Fatima but his deflected shot went wide, after he was set up by Josiah Cumberbatch.

With nine minutes of regulation time left, Ruiz sealed the deal for QRC with a simple tap-in, after exchanging passes with Micah Alexander.

Williams ensured that it would be no clean sheet for QRC, as he converted a penalty in the 56th, after his free-kick struck the arm of Paponette.

QRC coach Wendell David was pleased with his team’s success in this inaugural competition.

“I think it was long in coming,” said David. “I want to thank the sponsors for highlighting these boys. It’s a blessing.”

The QRC coach noted his team was able to withstand the early attacks from Fatima and later dictate proceedings.

“If you look at the team consistently, we could take cuffs. The other teams were unable to take punches. It was just a matter of time. We punched them, and they couldn’t get back in the fight.”

David is hopeful that his team will be able to stay together and continue the school’s recent success at the age-group levels.

“We have the Under-14s,” he said. “We should have football (tournaments) to keep these fellas together. QRC has been doing an excellent job. When you look at all the divisions, we have been dominant.

“We have won Under-19s North Zone and Nationals,” David continued. “We have won Under-16s. Hats off to the QRC programme, to Mr (David) Simon, the principal of QRC who has been there for us over the years. I think we deserve it.”

1]; } ?>