March 18, 2024, 09:00:29 PM

Author Topic: 2018 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.  (Read 25421 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2018 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 12:41:24 AM »
Signal Hill girls stay unbeaten.
By Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

A sol­id per­for­mance from Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary saw them re­main in charge of the To­ba­go zone in the Girls Cham­pi­onships Di­vi­sion of the Shell/First Cit­i­zen Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League, top­ping Scar­bor­ough Sec­ondary, 2-0 at home.

Ashante Camp­bell and De­r­isha Bris­tol were on tar­get for Sig­nal Hill, who com­plet­ed its third straight win from as many match­es while Scar­bor­ough suf­fered its first loss of the sea­son.

To­day, the Sig­nal Hill will be back on the field at the Ply­mouth recre­ation ground go­ing at its fourth vic­to­ry against Ma­son Hall High from 3.45 pm.

At Mt Pleas­ant recre­ation ground on Sun­day evening, Bish­op High got its sec­ond win in three rounds of match­es, con­vinc­ing­ly de­feat­ing Good­wood, 12-1.

Aaliyah Charles was in great scor­ing form, net­ting sev­en in the lop­sided af­fair. Dar­i­anne Hen­ry joined in with three goals while Di­ne­sha Man­ning and Nis­hone Rus­sel scored one each for the win­ner.

Darel­cia Nel­son pro­duced the lone item for Good­wood, who sank to its fourth-con­sec­u­tive loss, to stay at the bot­tom of the eight-team ta­ble.

Bish­op will take on Scar­bor­ough this evening at Black Rock recre­ation ground while Good­wood meets Pen­te­costal Light and Life at Sig­nal Hill recre­ation ground. Both match­es will al­so kick off at 3.45 pm.

Pen­te­costal will be seek­ing to bounce back from its 2-0 loss to host Spey­side High on the week­end. Sec­ond place Spey­side High, kept up its run at the zon­al ti­tle, thanks to goals from Di­a­mond Kent and Crys­tal Toney.

In North zone ac­tion, leader Tran­quil­i­ty, sec­ond-placed Holy Name Con­vent and fourth-placed Suc­cess Laven­tille got wins on the evening.

Tran­quil­li­ty stayed un­beat­en with a 2-0 win over Bish­op Anstey, Holy Name topped St Joseph's Con­vent, Port-of-Spain, 5-2 and Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral went un­der to Suc­cess Laven­tille, 5-3.

In the East, on­ly two match­es were played. New­com­er Five Rivers Sec­ondary, the leader of the zone, took full ad­van­tage of play­ing at home, pulling off a stun­ning 10-0 vic­to­ry over San Juan North while Va­len­cia de­feat­ed El Do­ra­do East, 5-0. The match-up be­tween St Au­gus­tine and Bish­op Anstey East did not play.

No match­es were played in the South and Cen­tral zones al­so.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 12:42:46 AM »
Pres wins again but taking it game by game.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege's un­beat­en run in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) con­tin­ued yes­ter­day with a con­vinc­ing 3-1 tri­umph over ri­vals St Bene­dict's at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la.

The 2017 de­fend­ing cham­pi­on team got a goal apiece from Jor­dan Ri­ley, Om­ri Baird and Aleem Bar­clay in a win­ning ef­fort, and af­ter­wards, man­ag­er An­dre Ben­jamin said while he was hap­py for the re­sult, it is still a long way off from prop­er­ly de­fend­ing the ti­tle. "We still have a num­ber of re­al­ly tough match­es to play, for in­stance, our next game against East Mu­cu­rapo on the road. Every team in this com­pe­ti­tion is a dif­fi­cult one and there­fore we will be tak­ing it one game at a time, par­tic­u­lar­ly our match­es on the road," Ben­jamin ex­plained.

He not­ed, "We are try­ing to keep our fo­cus, es­pe­cial­ly on the road be­cause drop­ping points dur­ing away match­es have been a prob­lem of ours in the past. So we will be tak­ing it one game at a time, as we try to elim­i­nate the loss­es on the road."

The south­ern­ers now have 12 points from their four match­es, two ahead of arch-ri­vals Na­pari­ma Col­lege which pulled off an equal­ly con­vinc­ing 2-0 win over Fa­ti­ma Col­lege at its home at Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do.

Mark Ramdeen, Na­pari­ma's pro­lif­ic scor­er, got a brace to spear­head the win. The An­gus Eve-coach team has now moved to 10 points from four match­es.

Mean­while, San Juan North Sec­ondary al­so main­tained its 100 per cent record in the League when it edged Trin­i­ty Col­lege East 1-0 at Hen­ry Street Arou­ca, to move to nine points in three match­es.

And at Va­len­cia, the home team- Va­len­cia Sec­ondary got a dou­ble strike from Zi­dane Liv­er­pool to record its first win in the school's league, whip­ping sea­soned cam­paign­ers St Mary's Col­lege 3-1.

Liv­er­pool's brace was fol­lowed by an own goal from the CIC de­fence. Mean­while, at West­moor­ing, St An­tho­ny's Col­lege, known as the 'Tigers' stopped a bat­tling Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) 2-0, cour­tesy a 38th-minute goal from Quin Fred­er­icks and an­oth­er from Josi­ah Ed­wards in the 78th.

RE­SULTS

Naps 2 (Mark Ramdeen 2) vs Fa­ti­ma Col­lege 0

St An­tho­ny's Col­lege 2 (Quinn Fred­er­icks 38th, Josi­ah Ed­wards 78th) vs QRC 0

Bish­op's High School 2 (Adriel George 26th, 93rd) vs Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka 3 (Rahiem Jawahir 73rd, 75th, Kai Phillips 90th)

Cara­pichaima East 4 vs St Au­gus­tine Sec 3 (Ke­sean St Rose 2, Nick­el Alexan­der)

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege 3 (Jor­dan Ri­ley, Om­ri Baird, Aleem Bar­clay) vs St Bene­dict's 1

Trin­i­ty Col­lege East 0 vs San Juan North 1

Va­len­cia Sec 3 (Zi­dane Liv­er­pool 2, own goal) vs St Mary's Col­lege 1

RELATED NEWS

Pres Sando, San Juan maintain unbeaten records.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

PRESENTATION San Fernando and San Juan North maintained their unbeaten records in the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division as Match Day Four fixtures took place yesterday.

Presentation San Fernando, the 2017 league winners, registered their fourth win in succession after getting the better of struggling St Benedict’s 3-1 at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

San Juan North moved up one spot to third after earning their third straight win, by a 1-0 margin over hosts Trinity East in Trincity.

Naparima stayed in second spot after a 2-0 victory over Fatima at Lewis Street, San Fernando, with Trinity Moka climbing one place to fourth after edging lowly Bishop’s High 3-2 at the Plymouth Recreation Ground.

In a high-scoring fixture, Carapichaima East edged St Augustine 4-3 at Carapichaima and Valencia collected their first points of the season when they spanked St Mary’s 3-0 at Valencia.

St Anthony’s were also in winners’ row yesterday, courtesy of a 2-0 result over QRC at the St Anthony’s Ground, Westmoorings.

St Anthony’s broke the deadlock in the 37th minute when Quinn Frederick collected a ball from the right by Josiah Edwards, got past a defender and drilled a right-footed shot which was parried, into his own net, by goalkeeper Jacques Poon-Lewis.

In the 77th, Edwards got his name on the scoresheet, after woeful defending from the QRC outfit.

A diagonal pass from substitute Jahmai George was poorly cleared by a QRC defender and Edwards took the loose ball, spotted Poon-Lewis out of the penalty box and sent a left-footed lob into the vacant net.

Match Day Five encounters will be contested on September 29.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 12:45:40 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2018, 06:41:09 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of St. Anthony’s College 2-0 win over Queen’s Royal College

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EhrtsDScKik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EhrtsDScKik</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
WATCH: Presentation College, San Fernando maintain their perfect start to the season with a 3-1 defeat of St. Benedict’s College.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ST3zX6qbwgY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ST3zX6qbwgY</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 12:58:02 AM »
Pres edges East Mucurapo for 5th straight win.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

San Juan North drops first points

De­fend­ing cham­pi­on Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege of San Fer­nan­do made it five wins from as many match­es this sea­son in the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League Pre­mier Di­vi­sion with a 1-0 de­feat of East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary at St An­tho­ny's Col­lege Ground, West­moor­ings, yes­ter­day.

Ac­k­eel Ja­cob got the lone strike for Pre­sen­ta­tion mid­way through the first half as it im­proved to max­i­mum 15 points, two ahead of neigh­bours and for­mer two-time win­ners, Na­pari­ma Col­lege, 3-1 vic­tors away to St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary at War­ren Street, St Au­gus­tine.

The trio of Isa Bram­ble, Jeron Pan­tor and De­clan Mar­celle scored a goal each for the vis­it­ing Na­pari­ma while Ri­val­do Cory­at was on tar­get for the "Green Ma­chine" who slipped to joint fifth on sev­en points with Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) and St An­tho­ny's Col­lege.

Up at Mo­ka in Mar­aval, joint third-placed teams, Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka and San Juan North with ten points each, bat­tled to a 1-1 draw with goals from Temes­gn Tesheira and Re­nal­do Boyce as the vis­i­tors dropped their first points.

Else­where, QRC spanked cel­lar-placed Bish­op's High School 4-1; St Mary's Col­lege out­gunned Fa­ti­ma Col­lege, 4-2, Cara­pichaima East edged past Va­len­cia Sec­ondary 3-2; and St An­tho­ny's Col­lege and host Trin­i­ty Col­lege East drew goal­less.

RELATED NEWS

Pres ‘Lions’ stay perfect in SSFL.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Newsday).

A FIRST half own goal was enough to secure full points for Presentation College of San Fernando as they maintained their perfect run since the start of the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division season, yesterday, with a 1-0 away win over East Mucurapo Secondary.

The match was played at St Anthony’s College Ground, Westmoorings. With yesterday’s results, Presentation became the only team not to drop points this season.

San Juan North Secondary, following their three successive victories, were held to a 1-1 draw by Trinity College (Moka). Meanwhile, Naparima College, which entered the round second after three wins and a draw, picked up another easy three points with a 3-1 win over St Augustine Secondary at the latter’s school grounds.

There was a goal-fest on Mucurapo Road with St Mary’s College earning their first win of the season. The “Saints” defeated Fatima 4-2 over away from home, which lifted St Mary’s off the foot of the table into 10th. They were replaced at the bottom by Bishop’s High, who lost 4-1 away to Queen’s Royal College.

Trinity East, following a positive start to the campaign with three wins and one loss, played to a goalless draw at home to St Anthony’s College.

Moving up the ranks into fifth was Carapichaima East Secondary, who came from behind to take away a 3-2 win over Valencia Secondary.

Yesterday’s SSFL Premier Division Results

East Mucurapo 0 vs Presentation San F’do 1 (Ackeel Jacobs)

Fatima College 2 (Jean-Heim McFee 20, 56) vs St Mary’s College 4 (Devon Charles 18, 49 pen, Michel Poon-Angeron 45+1, Kyle Carrington 53)

QRC 4 vs Bishop’s High 1

St Augustine 1 vs Naparima 3

Trinity Moka 1 vs San Juan North 1

Trinity East 0 vs St Anthony’s 0

Valencia 2 vs Carapichaima East 3

2018 SSFL Premier Division

Pos   Club   P   W   D   L   F   A   GD   Pts
1 Presentation  5   5   0   0   11   3   8   15
2 Naparima  5   4   1   0   11   2   9   13
3 San Juan  4   3   1   0   9   3   6   10
4 Trinity Moka  5   3   1   1   9   8   1   10
5 Carapichaima  4   3   0   1   11   10   1   9
6 QRC  5   2   1   2   8   6   2   7
7 St Anthony's  4   2   1   1   7   5   2   7
8 St Augustine  5   2   1   2   10   11   -1   7
9 Trinity East  5   1   3   1   3   3   0   6
10 St Mary's  5   1   1   3   7   10   -3   4

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:59:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2018, 04:02:09 AM »
Holy Cross protests 3 Arima transfers.

Ari­ma North Sec­ondary's use of strik­er Josi­ah Joseph, Le­an­dro Da Cos­ta and Leonar­do Da Cos­ta who were all trans­ferred from Suc­cess Laven­tille and Ari­ma Cen­tral Sec­ondary re­spec­tive­ly, has been gain­ing the at­ten­tion of Cre­den­tials Com­mit­tee of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) as il­le­gal.

Last week Holy Cross Col­lege lodged the League's first ap­peal, be­liev­ing 'The Di­al Dy­namos' il­le­gal­ly took the trio in­to form four on a re­peat trans­fer with just one pass when the SS­FL's rules state clear­ly that stu­dents en­ter­ing school on a form five re­peat, must have a min­i­mum of two sub­jects.

The schools are com­pet­ing in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion of the SS­FL, and yes­ter­day Holy Cross man­ag­er Nigel Fran­cois, said that dur­ing his school's in­ves­ti­ga­tion, it found that some­thing was ques­tion­able with the use of Joseph (Suc­cess Laven­tille) and the Da Cos­ta sib­lings from (Ari­ma Cen­tral Sec­ondary) which re­quired an in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

"We found that the doc­u­ments of these stu­dents need­ed in­ves­ti­ga­tion, so we asked the cre­den­tials com­mit­tee to do so. Af­ter all, it is not on­ly about foot­ball, but al­so about stu­dents' aca­d­e­mics, "Fran­cois told Guardian Me­dia Sports.

Ari­ma prin­ci­pal Vish­nu Debe could not be reached yes­ter­day, but an of­fi­cial from the school who spoke on con­di­tion of anonymi­ty said, the school took a po­si­tion to as­sist the stu­dents by plac­ing them in­to the fourth Form where they will have more time to ded­i­cate to school. He point­ed to the SS­FL rules which al­low for stu­dents on a trans­fer re­peat to Form five, to have a min­i­mum of two pass­es to be leg­i­ble to play foot­ball for the school.

"The rules nev­er spoke of trans­fer re­peat stu­dents en­ter­ing form four, which is what we did, and there­fore we did not break any law. I am will­ing to chal­lenge this to the very end," the of­fi­cial said.

Ger­ald El­liot, a mem­ber of the Cre­den­tials Com­mit­tee, which al­so in­cludes Azaard Khan, the League's Gen­er­al Sec­re­tary, said the mat­ter was brought be­fore them and they are con­duct­ing an in-depth in­ves­ti­ga­tion in­to it.

El­liot told Guardian Me­dia the rules are very clear with re­spect to trans­fer re­peat of stu­dents in­to form five. He dis­missed claims the law was not bro­ken as the stu­dents were placed in­to form four, de­scrib­ing it as il­le­gal, as the SS­FL rules are clear for stu­dents on a trans­fer re­peat.

The com­mit­tee is ex­pect­ed to call in of­fi­cials of Ari­ma North to an­swer the charges some­time this week.

If the Ari­ma boys are found guilty the school will face the pos­si­bil­i­ty of hav­ing all its points de­duct­ed, El­liot ex­plained. "That is a pos­si­bil­i­ty but the com­mit­tee will have to de­cide on how it will treat with this," El­liot not­ed.

Ari­ma North leads the stand­ings with 16 points from five wins and a tie 3-3 against Holy Cross Sep­tem­ber 18.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2018, 12:35:57 AM »
Sheppard leads Pres to victory #6.

No coach Shawn Coop­er, no prob­lem. This as Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege of San Fer­nan­do led by a brace from Jaiye Shep­pard con­tin­ued the team's de­fence of its Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League Pre­mier Di­vi­sion crown with a 5-0 ham­mer­ing of Va­len­cia Sec­ondary at Union Hall, San Fer­nan­do, on Wednes­day.

With head coach Shawn Coop­er away on na­tion­al du­ty with the T&T women’s team at the CON­CA­CAF Cham­pi­onship in the USA, all eyes were on Pre­sen­ta­tion to see how the de­fend­ing cham­pi­on would re­spond un­der the su­per­vi­sion of as­sis­tant coach Dun­ston Williams.

And at the half-time in­ter­val, it was steady progress as Pre­sen­ta­tion led 1-0 thanks to a strike from Justin Corn­wall in the 38th minute. How­ev­er, with­in four min­utes of the restart, it was all over as a con­test with Shep­pard scor­ing in the 47th and 49th min­utes to put the hosts 3-0 ahead.

Va­len­cia then pressed the self-de­struct but­ton with Kee­gan Faria (62nd), Dwight Yorke (64th) and Zi­dan Liv­er­pool (67th) all shown straight red cards by ref­er­ee Clevon Joseph, to re­duce their team to eight play­ers. Faria was shown a red for a dan­ger­ous tack­le while Yorke and Liv­er­pool were for dis­sent.

To add to the vis­i­tor's mis­ery, Jardel St Clair and Sha­keem Julien then added to Pre­sen­ta­tion's tal­ly in the 68th and 81st min­utes re­spec­tive­ly to se­cure their biggest win of the cam­paign so far this sea­son, and record the school's sixth vic­to­ry on-a-trot for max­i­mum 18 points, two ahead of bit­ter neigh­bour and for­mer two-time cham­pi­on, Na­pari­ma Col­lege.

The trio of Tyrike An­drews, Isa Bram­ble and Jeron Pan­tor scored a goal each to see Na­pari­ma past Bish­op's High School at Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do.

Up at San Juan North Sec­ondary ground, Bourg Mu­la­tresse, Jer­ry Mor­ris filled in for the sus­pend­ed pair of Ronal­do Boyce and Tyrell Cameron with a pair of goals in a 3-2 tri­umph over Cara­pichaima East, to move in­to sole pos­ses­sion of the third spot with 15 points and a match in hand on the top two.

Isa­iah Chase added the valu­able third item for San Juan North while Mick­el Alexan­der and Josi­ah King got a goal each in the loss for Cara­pichaima East, which dropped to the sixth spot with nine points, two be­hind St An­tho­ny's Col­lege and Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka.

Down at St An­tho­ny's Ground, West­moor­ings, Kiron Man­swell and cap­tain Haile Beck­les net­ted first-half items.

Else­where, in an­oth­er North Zone der­by, East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary got a 93rd minute win­ner from Ki­danie Lewis to edge past Fa­ti­ma Col­lege 3-2 at Fa­ti­ma Col­lege Ground, Mu­cu­rapo for its first win, while down at Guaracara Park, Pointe-a-Pierre St Bene­dict’s Col­lege, al­so won for the first time this sea­son, 1-0 against St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary.

The match be­tween Trin­i­ty Mo­ka and Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) at Mar­aval was post­poned due to a wa­ter­logged field.

Yes­ter­day's SS­FL Re­sults

East Mu­cu­rapo 3 (Ja­heim Aguil­le­ria o.g 1st, Zion Mc Leod 16th, Ki­danie Lewis 93rd) vs Fa­ti­ma 2 (Mikhail Mc Comie 5th, Luke Dar­went 37th)

Na­pari­ma Col­lege 3 (Tyrike An­drews, Isa Bram­ble, Jeron Pan­tor) vs Bish­op’s High 0

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege (Jaiye Shep­pard 47th, 49th, Justin Corn­wall 38th, Jardel St Clair 68th, Sha­keem Julien 81st) vs Va­len­cia Sec­ondary 0

San Juan North Sec­ondary 3 (Isaiah Chase 19th, Jerry Morris 45th, 62nd) vs Cara­pichaima East Sec­ondary 2 (Luke Charles 41st, Mecaheil Alexander 65th)

St An­tho­ny’s Col­lege 2 (Kiron Man­swell 17th, Haile Beck­les 31st) vs St Mary’s Col­lege 0

St Bene­dict’s Col­lege 1 (Jaycee Paras) vs St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary 0

Lasana Liburd  Thursday 13 September 2018    Comments Off on 2018 SSFL Premier Division

Pos  Club   P   W   D   L   F   A   GD   Pts
1  Presentation  6   6   0   0   16   3   13   18
2  Naparima  6   5   1   0   14   3   11   16
3  San Juan  5   4   1   0   12   5   7   13
4  St Anthony's  5   3   1   1   9   5   4   10
5  Trinity Moka  5   3   1   1   9   8   1   10
6  Carapichaima  5   3   0   2   13   13   0   9
7  QRC  5   2   1   2   8   6   2   7
8  St Augustine  6   2   1   3   11   12   -1   7
9  Trinity East  5   1   3   1   3   3   0   6
10  Mucurapo  5   1   2   2   7   8   -1   5
11  St Benedict's  5   1   2   2   4   7   -3   5
12  St Mary's  6   1   1   4   7   12   -5   4
13  Valencia  6   1   0   5   7   17   -10   3
14  Fatima  6   0   1   5   6   13   -7   1
15  Bishop's Tobago  6   0   1   5   8   19   -11   1

RELATED NEWS

Pres Sando blank Valencia in SSFL.

PRESENTATION San Fernando continued their 100 per cent record in the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division yesterday with a 5-0 whipping of Valencia at Union Hall, Marabella, in a Round Six fixture.

Presentation, the 2017 champs, have 18 points, two more than Naparima, who cruised past cellar-placed Bishop’s High 3-0 at Lewis Street, San Fernando.

The goal-getters for Naparima were Tyrike Andrews (14th minute), Isa Bramble (49th minute) and Jeron Pantor (56th minute penalty).

Like Presentation, San Juan are yet to lose a game this season. They remained in third spot after defeating Carapichaima East 3-2 at San Juan.

St Anthony’s moved up three places to fourth after defeating the struggling St Mary’s 2-0 at Westmoorings.

East Mucurapo and St Benedict’s registered their first victories of the 2018 season. East Mucurapo edged neighbours Fatima 3-2 at the Fatima Ground and St Benedict’s got a narrow 1-0 win over St Augustine at Guaracara Park, Pointe-a-Pierre.

A soggy outfield at Maraval forced the abandonment of the game between Trinity Moka and QRC.

Matches in Round Seven will be contested on Saturday.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:44:44 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2018, 05:29:02 AM »
Mark Ramdeen from Naps is a boss.

Ah like Jordan Riley from Presentation, Tyrique Sutherland from Trinity, Renaldo Boyce from San Juan North and Tyrese Spicer from St Marys to.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 06:05:49 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2018, 09:46:02 PM »
I didnt even know it still have College league in Trinidad.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »
I didnt even know it still have College league in Trinidad.

With newspaper, internet and word of mouth - that is hard to believe.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2018, 12:23:28 AM »
Riley's goal saves Pres.

Leader Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege (San Fer­nan­do) got a late strike from pro­lif­ic goal scor­er Jor­dan Ri­ley to main­tain its un­beat­en run in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) on Sat­ur­day with a 1-1 draw at Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) grounds in St Clair, Port-of-Spain.

The re­sult en­sured the south­ern­ers main­tained their sum­mit po­si­tion on the stand­ings on 19 points but on a bet­ter goal dif­fer­ence to ri­val Na­pari­ma Col­lege, with a plus 14.

Na­pari­ma dropped two key points, two rounds of match­es ago but yes­ter­day the team's 1-0 tri­umph over Cara­pichaima East, com­ing from Seon Ship­p­ley's 78th-minute item, pushed "Naps" to 19 points with a goal dif­fer­en­tial of plus 11.

At St Clair how­ev­er, the home team start­ed strong­ly when John Paul Rochford's thun­der­ous dri­ve from the free kick can­noned off the cross­bar in the 25th minute and in­to the path of An­fer­nee Stokes to slot in for the open­er. The Roy­alians would have on­ly them­selves to blame for not adding at least an­oth­er goal lat­er on, as chances went a beg­ging.

With five min­utes to go in the match, how­ev­er, Ri­ley struck. QRC goal­keep­er Jacques Poon Kong sent a weak at­tempt from a goal kick that was in­ter­cept­ed on the flank. And with the Roy­alians' de­fence strug­gling to get back, Ri­ley was pre­sent­ed with the sim­ple task of tap­ping in when the ball ap­proached him from a cross.

At Guaracara Park in Pointe-a-Pierre, St Bene­dict's Col­lege trio of Keon Boney, Jaycee Parath and Aaron Rod­ney turned their team's mis­for­tune of en­ter­ing the match with the least amount of goals scored for the sea­son, to a more than con­vinc­ing 4-0 thrash­ing of Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka.

Boney, the even­tu­al man-of-the-match, was in su­perb form, first rac­ing on to a through ball to skil­ful­ly slip the ball past the on­rush­ing goalie in the 14th minute. Rod­ney lat­er gave his team a two-goal cush­ion when Boney's sting­ing dri­ve from way out was par­ried in­to the path of Rod­ney to fire in.

Mo­ments lat­er, Rod­ney turned provider when he stormed down the right flank and de­liv­ered per­fect­ly for Parath to take aim and place the ball to the far post.

Trin­i­ty could have pulled a goal back in the 70th minute when sub­sti­tute mid­field­er Kai Phillips turned away from his mark­er in the cen­tre of the park and un­leashed a thump­ing shot that struck the cross­bar be­fore go­ing to safe­ty.

But Boney sealed the win in the 76th minute. Parath's telling pass from the left put Boney on a one-and-one with the goal­keep­er, and he fired pre­cise­ly in­to the bot­tom right cor­ner for the win.

SAT­UR­DAY'S RE­SULTS

QRC 1 (An­fer­nee Stokes) vs Pre­sen­ta­tion 1 (Jor­dan Ri­ley)

St Au­gus­tine 3 (Kesean St Rose [2], Rivaldo Coryat) vs Bish­op's High 1 (Adriel George)

Na­pari­ma 1 (Seon Ship­p­ley) vs Cara­pichaima 0

East Mu­cu­rapo 1 (Zion McLeod 4-Pen) vs Trin­i­ty East 3 (Chris­t­ian Ran­some 56, Elijah Joseph 72 own goal, Tyrique Suther­land 90+3)

Fa­ti­ma Col­lege 0 vs San Juan North 1 (Jerry Morris)

Va­len­cia 3 (Jardel Carter 48, Terron Luke 64, Omeil Weekes 84) vs St An­tho­ny's 2 (Jesse Williams 54, Haile Beck­les 89)

St Bene­dict's 4 (Keon Boney 14, 75, Aaron Rodney 27, Jaycee Paras 41) vs Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 0

« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:30:38 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2018, 01:03:00 AM »
Naps bridge gap with leaders Pres.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Newsday).

A LATE item from Seon Shippley saw Naparima College record a 1-0 win over Carapichaima East Secondary yesterday, which effectively closed the gap between themselves and league-leading southern rivals Presentation College, who simultaneously dropped their first points in the 2018 Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier League season.

At QRC’s school ground in St Clair, Jordan Riley also scored late to secure a crucial point for Presentation College, the defending Premier Division champions. Captain Anfernee Stokes was on target for QRC in the first half.

The results meant that both Presentation College and Naparima College would end round seven level on 19 points from six wins and a draw each.

They, however, remain separated on goal-difference with Presentation holding the one-goal advantage.

It was an unfortunate day for the host teams as Valencia Secondary and St Benedict’s College were the only schools to record wins in front of the home team supporters.

St Benedict’s thanks to a fine team effort cruised past Trinity College Moka 4-0, with Keon Boney scoring a fine brace, while Valencia recorded a 1-0 victory over St Anthony’s College.

San Juan North continued their unbeaten run with their fifth victory in six matches, while compounding Fatima’s misery with a 1-0 away win thanks to yet another goal from forward Jerry Morris.

St Mary’s College were on a bye for the round.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 01:07:44 AM »
This has to one of Fatima's worst seasons in decades.

Is Wayne Sheppard still the Coach?

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 07:28:15 PM »
This has to one of Fatima's worst seasons in decades.

Is Wayne Sheppard still the Coach?

VB

Yes, Sheppard is still Fatima's coach.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 07:29:16 PM »
WATCH: Matchday #6 (Oct 3rd) Highlights of East Mucurapo Secondary’s 3-2 win over Fatima College

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EBwJ3XVqZn0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EBwJ3XVqZn0</a>

WATCH: Matchday #6 (Oct 3rd) Highlights of San Juan North Secondary’s 3-2 win over Carapichaima East Secondary

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rkYmdvfR22U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rkYmdvfR22U</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2018, 03:16:58 AM »
Signal Hill girls rule in Tobago.
By Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

Sig­nal Hill Sec­ondary eased to an­oth­er win in the To­ba­go Zone of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League's Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion on Sun­day, to re­main six points ahead in the race for the ti­tle.

Led again in scor­ing by Ce­line Lo­raine with a pair of goals, Sig­nal Hill de­feat­ed vis­i­tor Pen­te­costal Light & Life, 5-0 at its grounds.

Adding to the lop­sided vic­to­ry, were Je­lese Alexan­der, De­r­isha Bris­tol and​Ashante Camp­bell, who each net­ted one goal.

One of Sig­nal Hill's clos­est chal­lengers for top ho­n­ours, Spey­side High, al­so came away vic­to­ri­ous that evening beat­ing Ma­son Hall, 3-1 to sit in the third spot with five wins and two loss­es for a tal­ly of 15 points, the same as Bish­op High.

Bish­op, which was on a bye that af­ter­noon, is in sec­ond place from six match­es from five wins and a loss.

Fourth-place Scar­bor­ough al­so had suc­cess with a 2-0 vic­to­ry over Good­wood.

On­ly two oth­er zones had ac­tion in­clud­ing East and North as there were no match­es played in South and Cen­tral.

In the East, un­beat­en Bish­op Anstey moved in­to the top spot with a 4-1 win over El Do­ra­do East while sec­ond-place Five Rivers con­tin­ued its dream run in its de­but sea­son in the top di­vi­sion, eas­i­ly top­ping Va­len­cia, 6-1. Both win­ners are on 16 points.

Else­where, San Juan North edged St Au­gus­tine, 1-0.

In the North, Bish­op Anstey Port-of-Spain sealed a 2-0 vic­to­ry over Holy Name Con­vent while in the oth­er match­es, leader Tran­quil­i­ty and fifth-place Suc­cess Laven­tille got wins af­ter their re­spec­tive op­po­nents Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral and St Joseph Con­vent, for­feit­ed.

Sun­day's Re­sults

To­ba­go Zone

Pen­te­costal Light & Life 0 vs Sig­nal Hill 5 (​Ce­line Lo­raine [2], Je­lese Alexan­der, De­r­isha Bris­tol, ​Ashante Camp­bell)

Scar­bor­ough 2 (Jay­da Mo­hammed, Akeisha James) vs Good­wood 0

​Ma­son Hall High School​ 1 ​vs Spey­side High 3 (​Di­a­mond Kent [2], Tavis Skeete)

North Zone

​Tran­quil­i­ty ​3​ vs D/Mar­tin Cen­tral​​ 0 (By de­fault)

​Suc­cess Laven­tille​​ 0​ vs St Joseph Con­vent, POS​ 3 (By de­fault)

​Bish­op’s Anstey, POS​​ 2​ vs Holy Name Con­vent​​ 0

East Zone

​St. Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary​ 0​ vs San Juan North​​ 1

​Bish­op’s Anstey East​​ 4​ vs El Do­ra­do East​​ 1​

Five Rivers Sec­ondary ​6​ vs Va­len­cia Sec­ondary​​ 1

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2018, 12:53:04 AM »
Top three stay unbeaten in SSFL.

THE TOP three teams in the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division – Presentation San Fernando, Naparima and San Juan, have stayed unbeaten after yesterday’s Round Eight action.

Presentation San Fernando breezed past Bishop’s 3-0 at Union Hall, Marabella, in a meeting of the top and bottom-placed teams.

Naparima remained in second spot despite a 1-1 draw away to Trinity East at Trincity, and San Juan whipped East Mucurapo 4-1 at Bourg Mulatresse, Santa Cruz.

Presentation San Fernando, the 2017 title-holders, have 22 points from eight games, with Naparima next on 20 points and San Juan 19.

Carapichaima East and Trinity Moka battled to a 2-2 draw at Carapichaima while the fixture between St Mary’s and QRC ended in a stalemate at the St Mary’s Ground, St Clair. A waterlogged outfield caused the postponement of the St Anthony’s-St Benedict’s encounter at the St Anthony’s Ground, Westmoorings.

Fatima’s miserable season continued as they fell to a 2-0 loss against the visiting St Augustine at the Fatima Ground, Mucurapo.

Kesean St Rose broke the deadlock in the 39th minute, as he collected a long ball from Rivaldo Coryat, got behind two defenders Joshua Evans and Jaheim Agilleria and placed his shot through the hands of goalkeeper Jacob Camacho.

Substitute Nickell Alexander found the back of the net in the 90th. Following a pass from St Rose, Alexander raced past defender Jean-Heim McFee and angled his left-footed shot to the bottom left-hand corner of the net.

Matches in Round Nine will take place on Saturday.

(Wednesday 10 October)

St Mary’s College 0, QRC 0 at Serpentine Road;

Presentation (San F’do) 3 (Jerin Jackie 18, Darnell Hospedales 32, Ackeel Jacob 77), Bishop’s High School (Tobago) 0 at Presentation;

San Juan North 4 (Renaldo Boyce 13, 28, Isaiah Chase 25, Kyle Thomas 58), East Mucurapo 1 (Kidane Lewis 74) at San Juan;

Carapichaima East 2 (Kielon Burnett 23, Kevon Williams 67), Trinity College (Moka) 2 (Raheim Jawahir 43, 68) at Carapichaima;

Fatima College 0, St Augustine Secondary 2 (Kesean St Rose 39, Nickell Alexander 89) at Fatima;

Trinity East 1, Naparima College 1 at Trincity;

St Anthony’s College vs St Benedict’s College, Westmoorings;

*—Called off due to waterlogged ground conditions.

Valencia Secondary are on a bye

RELATED NEWS

'Pres' whip Bishop's to keep lead.

QRC's high­ly an­tic­i­pat­ed clash with its ri­val St Mary's Col­lege in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League yes­ter­day end­ed in a 1-1 stale­mate.

But at the Man­ny Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la, Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege con­tin­ued its win­ning ways, clob­ber­ing Bish­op's High School of To­ba­go 3-0 to ex­tend its lead at the top of the stand­ings this sea­son. Out of eight match­es to date, the south­ern­ers have ac­cu­mu­lat­ed 22 points af­ter drop­ping two vi­tal points to QRC last week.

Yes­ter­day, how­ev­er, they made sure of three points, when Jer­rin Jesse popped in the open­er in the 13th minute.

Dar­nell Hospedales gave the south­ern­ers a two-goal cush­ion in the 32nd be­fore Ac­k­eel Ja­cob sealed the win with a 77th-minute strike.

At Ser­pen­tine Road St Clair, the Roy­alians just could not score, though they dom­i­nat­ed the af­fair with CIC. Coach Nigel Groves­nor said it was one of those match­es where his team just could not get the ball in­to the nets.

Af­ter a pe­ri­od of dom­i­nance in the first half, the vis­i­tors re­al­ly should have scored when Ja­heim Grander­son ar­rived in time for a per­fect­ly de­liv­ered cross from the right side. How­ev­er, the in­ex­pe­ri­enced strik­er failed to con­nect with the ball in front of a wide-open goal.

Lat­er in the sec­ond pe­ri­od of play, in­stru­men­tal mid­field­er John Paul Rochford stormed down the flank and cen­tred for Randy Har­ris who sent it at­tempt wide.

Groves­nor said he was pleased with the per­for­mance of his lads, de­spite the re­sults so far. "I think we had a good game to­day but it just did not fall for the boys."

Mean­while, at San Juan North Sec­ondary Grounds the home team con­tin­ued its un­beat­en run so for this sea­son by ham­mer­ing East Mu­cu­rapo 4-1. Strik­er Re­nal­do Boyce, the team's lead­ing scor­er last year, led the way with a hat-trick.

The in-form for­ward opened the scor­ing for his team in the 12th minute from the penal­ty spot, be­fore the equal­ly tal­ent­ed Isa­iah Chase gave them a two-goal cush­ion. Boyce lat­er got his sec­ond item in the 28th and sealed the win in the 58th minute.

Mu­cu­rapo's lone strike came off the boot of Ki­dane Lewis late in the sec­ond half.

SCORES

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 2 (Ra­heim Jawahir 2) vs Cara­pichaima 2 (Keilon Bur­nette, Kevon Williams)

Pre­sen­ta­tion 3 (Jer­rin Jesse, Dar­nell Hospedales, Ac­k­eel Ja­cobs) vs Bish­op's 0

Fa­ti­ma 0 vs St Au­gus­tine Sec 2 (Ke­sean St Rose, Nick­ell Alexan­der)

San Juan North Sec 4 (Re­nal­do Boyce 3, Isa­iah Chase) vs East Mu­cu­rapo 1 (Ki­dane Lewis)

QRC 0 VS CIC 0

Trin­i­ty East 1 (Tyrique Suther­land) vs Na­pari­ma 1 (Keon Ship­ley)

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:51:01 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2018, 11:34:24 AM »
Decision Reached on Arima North Secondary trio
SSFL Media

Dear Stakeholders

The Secondary Schools League wishes to advise that a decision has been reached by the Disciplinary Committee in the matter involving three  Arima North Secondary players.

Based on the regulations of the Credentials Committee, the players are considered as transfer repeaters and therefore cannot represent your school in the Secondary Schools League competition.

They may have been placed in Form 4 but the Committee ruled that they wrote the CSEC examinations in Form 5 and therefore must have the two (2) CSEC passes to be eligible to play. Rule 13 of the Credential Committee states “Where these rules are silent, the Committee, at its absolute discretion shall rule.”

All games in which the three players played will be awarded to the opposing team i.e. Three (3) points as well as a 3-0 result.

11/9/18 Arima North vs El Dorado East, the original result was 4-0 Arima. New Result, 3-0 in favour of El Dorado
14/9/18 Malabar Sec vs Arima North, the original result was 5-0 in favour of Arima. New Result 3-0 in favour of Malabar
18/9/18 Arima North vs Holy Cross, original result was 3-. New result 3-0 in favour of Holy Cross.
21/9/18 S/Grande Sec vs Arima North. Original result 8-0 in favour of Arima. New result 3-0 in favour of Sangre Grande.
25/9/18 Arima North vs El Dorado West. Original Result 3-0 in favour of Arima. New result 3-0 in favour of El Dorado West.

Arima North has the right to Appeal and that “Any appeal concerning a decision of Disciplinary Committee must be made in writing within Seventy two hours of receipt of this email to the Appeals Committee. Pending the hearing of such an Appeal, the decision stands.

Revised Championship East Zone Points Standings
Holy Cross College, played 8, 19pts
Malabar Secondary played 8, 14pts
El Dorado East,played 7,13 pts
El Dorado West, played 7, 10 pts
Sanger Grande Sec, played 7, 4 its
Arima North, played 7, 0 pts

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SSFL rules against Arima North
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Ari­ma North Sec­ondary has paid the ul­ti­mate price for its use of trio Josi­ah Joseph, and broth­ers Leonar­do and Le­an­dro Da Cos­ta in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL).

Yes­ter­day the SS­FL's Cre­den­tial Com­mit­tee, af­ter more than a week of de­lib­er­a­tions, ad­judged that the trio could not play in the League as form four trans­fer re­peat.

The com­mit­tee which in­clud­ed Azaard Khan, Ger­ald El­liot and Lau­rence Seep­er­sad, ap­peared to have ex­er­cised a silent rule which gave it the pow­er to in­ter­pret the SS­FL rules in in­ci­dences such as this one.

The rule re­gard­ing re­peat states clear­ly states that stu­dents re­turn­ing to school af­ter the CSEC ex­ams must have at least two sub­jects. Joseph, a past stu­dent of Suc­cess Laven­tille has one, while the Da Costas al­so pos­sess­es a pass each.

Travis Mul­raine, the Ari­ma coach ar­gued that the school did not break any rules of the schools league, as the stu­dents were tak­en in­to form four on a le­git­i­mate re­peat, aimed at as­sist­ing the play­ers to at­tain their qual­i­fi­ca­tions.

On­ly re­cent­ly a for­mer su­per­vi­sor of the Min­istry of Ed­u­ca­tion, who spoke on con­di­tions of anonymi­ty, dis­missed talks of a form four re­peat, say­ing there is no such thing. "The on­ly way a stu­dent can re­peat any­where in the school sys­tem is if he/she has not yet tak­en the CSEC ex­am. Af­ter that one can on­ly re­peat in form five," the source ex­plained.

With the rul­ing the 'Di­al Dy­namos', a foot­ball gi­ant in the east zone for many years in the top flight, have now had all its points tak­en away, leav­ing it on ze­ro points af­ter nine round of match­es. The school was com­fort­ably in the sec­ond po­si­tion at the be­gin­ning of the week, but SS­FL of­fi­cials have now de­cid­ed that all its op­po­nents for the sea­son will be award­ed three points and 3-0 vic­to­ries for the il­le­gal use of the play­ers.

Guardian Me­dia Sports learnt that the com­mit­tee al­so agreed to keep the stu­dents in the school sys­tem at form four. How­ev­er, the de­ci­sion for them to en­ter form five next year will rest in the hands of Ari­ma North prin­ci­pal Vish­nu Debe to con­vince Min­istry of Ed­u­ca­tion of­fi­cials to al­low them to sit CSEC a sec­ond time on a 'spe­cial case' sce­nario.

Oth­er­wise, come next year, the trio will have to seek en­try in­to a pri­vate ed­u­ca­tion­al in­sti­tu­tion or to go through the Jan­u­ary/June pro­ce­dure to take the ex­ams on their own.

William Wal­lace, the SS­FL pres­i­dent de­scribed the mat­ter like a strange one but in­sist­ed his or­gan­i­sa­tion still has to stand firm on its con­sti­tu­tion. "All we have done re­al­ly is stay to our rules. Where our rules are not stat­ed, the SS­FL has the right to rule, as stat­ed in our con­sti­tu­tion," Wal­lace not­ed.

He ex­plained that while the Min­istry of Ed­u­ca­tion has the au­thor­i­ty to al­low stu­dents in school at any lev­el and at any length of time, the SS­FL is guid­ed by its own laws.

Con­tact­ed Mul­raine said dis­ap­point­ing­ly that all his school's hard work has gone down the drain. He blamed it on the re­luc­tance of teach­ers at the school to take in foot­ballers on re­peat, say­ing one of their best play­ers opt­ed to go to Va­len­cia Sec­ondary be­cause of this sit­u­a­tion.

Mean­while, Holy Cross Col­lege, the school that lodged the ap­peal against Ari­ma, has in­creased its lead on the stand­ings to 19 points af­ter eight match­es, five ahead of its clos­est ri­val Mal­abar on 14 points, with one round of games to go.

Holy Cross is now as­sured of a place in the Cham­pi­on of Cham­pi­ons play-off at the end of the sea­son.

Match­es where points were de­duct­ed:

11/9/18 Ari­ma North vs El Do­ra­do East, the orig­i­nal re­sult was 4-0 Ari­ma. New Re­sult, 3-0 for El Do­ra­do

14/9/18 Mal­abar Sec vs Ari­ma North, the orig­i­nal re­sult was 5-0 Ari­ma. New Re­sult 3-0 for Mal­abar

18/9/18 Ari­ma North vs Holy Cross, orig­i­nal re­sult was 3-3. New re­sult 3-0 Holy Cross.

21/9/18 S/Grande Sec vs Ari­ma North. Orig­i­nal re­sult 8-0 for Ari­ma. New re­sult 3-0 San­gre Grande.

25/9/18 Ari­ma North vs El Do­ra­do West. Orig­i­nal Re­sult 3-0 Ari­ma. New re­sult 3-0 El Do­ra­do West.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
Go Naps Go..Naparima..rah..rah..rah!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2018, 12:52:21 AM »
Chag North, Pleasantville into SSFL's CoC.

Ch­agua­nas North Sec­ondary and Pleas­antville Sec­ondary are the on­ly two schools as­sured of a place in the Cham­pi­on of Cham­pi­ons Play-Off of the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League to date.

The cham­pi­onship di­vi­sion en­ters its fi­nal round to­day, but Ch­agua­nas North, last year's win­ner of Cen­tral Zone will have the op­por­tu­ni­ty to con­test pro­mo­tion to the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion next year, since it can­not be caught af­ter to­day's match­es. Af­ter miss­ing out on be­ing el­e­vat­ed to the top flight schools tour­na­ment last year, the Ch­agua­nas boys are on 21 points and can­not be touched even if they are beat­en by sec­ond place Cou­va East at home this af­ter­noon.

The Cou­va lads are on 16 points and can on­ly move to 19 points. On­ly the top team in the zone will progress.

It's an iden­ti­cal sit­u­a­tion in the south zone with lead­ers Pleas­antville Sec­ondary on 25 points, set to face Point Fortin East at home from 3:40 pm.

Sec­ond place Moru­ga Sec­ondary is on 16 points and can on­ly move to 19 points if they claim vic­to­ry over La Ro­maine away.

Mean­while, it will be a bat­tle in the East zone where new lead­ers Holy Cross Col­lege boys, on 22 points need to win when they host El Do­ra­do East. A loss for Holy Cross and a win for sec­ond place Mal­abar Sec­ondary (20 points) at home to San­gre Grande will put Mal­abar through.

In the North, Mal­ick too needs just a draw away to Blan­chisseuse for a CoC place. Strange­ly the Blan­chisseuse boys, with 19 points, are the on­ly ones ca­pa­ble of catch­ing Mal­ick should they win to­day.

The To­ba­go zone will be set­tled to­mor­row. All match­es to­day be­gin at 3:40 pm.

MATCH­ES TO­DAY

Cen­tral:

Ch­agua­nas North vs Cou­va East, Ch­agua­nas

Preysal Sec vs Cunu­pia Sec, Cunu­pia

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege vs Gas­par­il­lo Sec, Gas­par­il­lo

East:

El Do­ra­do West vs Ari­ma North, El Do­ra­do

Mal­abar Sec vs San­gre Grande, Mal­abar

Holy Cross vs El Do­ra­do East, Holy Cross

North:

Blan­chisseuse Sec vs Mal­ick Sec, Blan­chisseuse

Diego Mar­tin North vs Diego Mar­tin Cen­tral, D/Mar­tin North

St Fran­cis Col­lege vs Tran­quil­i­ty Sec, Bel­mont

South:

La Ro­maine Sec vs Moru­ga Sec, La Ro­maine

Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec vs Princes Town West, Fyz­abad

Pleas­antville Sec vs Point Fortin East, Pleas­antville

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Ari­ma North Sec­ondary has paid the ul­ti­mate price for its use of trio Josi­ah Joseph, and broth­ers Leonar­do and Le­an­dro Da Cos­ta in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL).

Yes­ter­day the SS­FL's Cre­den­tial Com­mit­tee, af­ter more than a week of de­lib­er­a­tions, ad­judged that the trio could not play in the League as form four trans­fer re­peat.

The com­mit­tee which in­clud­ed Azaard Khan, Ger­ald El­liot and Lau­rence Seep­er­sad, ap­peared to have ex­er­cised a silent rule which gave it the pow­er to in­ter­pret the SS­FL rules in in­ci­dences such as this one.

The rule re­gard­ing re­peat states clear­ly states that stu­dents re­turn­ing to school af­ter the CSEC ex­ams must have at least two sub­jects. Joseph, a past stu­dent of Suc­cess Laven­tille has one, while the Da Costas al­so pos­sess­es a pass each.

Travis Mul­raine, the Ari­ma coach ar­gued that the school did not break any rules of the schools league, as the stu­dents were tak­en in­to form four on a le­git­i­mate re­peat, aimed at as­sist­ing the play­ers to at­tain their qual­i­fi­ca­tions.

On­ly re­cent­ly a for­mer su­per­vi­sor of the Min­istry of Ed­u­ca­tion, who spoke on con­di­tions of anonymi­ty, dis­missed talks of a form four re­peat, say­ing there is no such thing. "The on­ly way a stu­dent can re­peat any­where in the school sys­tem is if he/she has not yet tak­en the CSEC ex­am. Af­ter that one can on­ly re­peat in form five," the source ex­plained.

Someone had a genius of an idea and it backfired. Holy Cross worked for these points. Good on them.

Wouldn't  the sensible procedure have been to consult  with the MoE and the SSFL prior to taking any definitive action?

At the end of the day,  responsibility rests with the principal. It certainly can't  be that someone needed to drive him to Shiva Boys to have his responsibilities defined for him.

Alibey, write a follow-up down de road and tell us if these students stay in school or are left to find dey way.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:54:55 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2018, 07:07:30 AM »
Sensible procedure? Trinis always in bobol. All they had to do was check MOE as you said. But they knew what the answer would be so they tried a thing and was hoping no one caught them. How can you go back a form? Anybody with sense know you could only repeat a form. I willing to bet these 3 players are done with school. The principal and coach should be punished for trying to use these children.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sheppard scores winner to keep Pres ahead
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »
Sheppard scores winner to keep Pres ahead
By Nigel Simon (T&T Guardian)

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege of San Fer­nan­do stayed on course to re­tain its Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League Pre­mier Di­vi­sion ti­tle with a hard fought 2-1 win over hosts St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary at War­ren Street, St Au­gus­tine, on Sat­ur­day.

With head coach Shawn Coop­er back on the side­lines af­ter du­ties with the se­nior na­tion­al women's team, the south­ern­ers were in no mood for a slip up with two-time win­ners Na­pari­ma Col­lege and San Juan North hot on its heels.

With on­ly 11 min­utes gone in the con­test, Ac­k­eel Ja­cob si­lenced the home crowd and three min­utes be­fore the half-time whis­tle, Jaiy­ee Shep­pard dou­bled the lead for the vis­i­tors.

Sev­en min­utes af­ter the restart, Ke­sean St Rose pulled a goal back for the 'Green Ma­chine', how­ev­er, Pre­sen­ta­tion held on for the nar­row win to move to 25 points from nine match­es, three more than San Juan North, which has a match in hand.

San Juan North stay with­in touch­ing dis­tance of the lead­ers with a nar­row 1-0 tri­umph away to St Mary's Col­lege at Ser­pen­tine Road, St Clair, with Jer­ry Mor­ris, the hero for the vis­i­tors.

At Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do, Na­pari­ma Col­lege slipped to third af­ter a come-from-be­hind 1-1 draw with St An­tho­ny's Col­lege.

Josi­ah Ed­wards fired the 'West­moor­ing Tigers' ahead in the 71st but ten min­utes lat­er, Mark Ramdeen net­ted to earn 'Naps' a share of the points to climb to 21 points.

In the oth­er match­es, Cara­pichaima East got the bet­ter of Bish­op’s High 2-1; QRC and Trin­i­ty Col­lege East bat­tled to a 1-1 draw; Fa­ti­ma got its first win of the cam­paign 1-0 over hosts St Bene­dict’s Col­lege at Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um, Mara­bel­la and East Mu­cu­rapo blanked Va­len­cia Sec­ondary 2-0 at Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um, Mal­abar.

Yes­ter­day's re­sults:
Cara­pichaima East 2 (Keilon Bur­nette, Daniel Pas­call) vs Bish­op's High 1 (Do­minique Lyons)
Na­pari­ma Col­lege 1 (Mark Ramdeen 81st) vs St An­tho­ny’s Col­lege 1 (Josi­ah Ed­wards 71st)
Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege (Jean-Paul Rochford pen) vs Trin­i­ty Col­lege East 1 (Kur­dell Sween pen)
St Au­gus­tine 1 (Ke­sean St Rose 52nd) vs Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege 2 (Ac­k­eel Ja­cob 11th, Jaiy­ee Shep­pard 42nd)
St Bene­dict’s Col­lege 0 vs Fa­ti­ma Col­lege 1 (Mikhail Mc Comie 73rd)
St Mary’s Col­lege 0 vs San Juan North 1 (Jer­ry Mor­ris)
Va­len­cia 0 vs East Mu­cu­rapo 2 (Zion Mc Leod, Shakime Wick­ham)

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2018, 05:25:55 AM »
I see Malick get through in the north. Who win the east and Tobago zones for the CoC playoffs?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2018, 12:43:05 AM »
San Juan North targets SSFL top spot.

With lead­ers and de­fend­ing cham­pi­ons, Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege of San Fer­nan­do on a bye to­day, San Juan North Sec­ondary has a chance to play for a share of the lead or even go top via goal-dif­fer­ence when Round Ten match­es in the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League Pre­mier Di­vi­sion takes place from 3.40 pm to­day.

The Shawn Coop­er-coached Pre­sen­ta­tion­al Col­lege, hop­ing to be­come on­ly the sec­ond team to win the ti­tle two sea­sons on the trot af­ter south­ern ri­vals Na­pari­ma Col­lege in 2016 and 2017, cur­rent­ly leads the 15-team ta­ble with 25 points from nine match­es while San Jan North is sec­ond with 22 points and a match in hand fol­lowed by Na­pari­ma with 21 in the three-team ti­tle quest. Cara­pichaima East Sec­ondary is a dis­tant fourth with 13 points ahead of St An­tho­ny’s Col­lege, Trin­i­ty Col­lege East and Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka, all with 11 from eighth, sev­en and eight match­es re­spec­tive­ly.

To­day, the Jer­ry Moe-coached San Juan North, win­ners of four straight match­es and one of three un­beat­en teams so far this sea­son, will face a tricky clash at its San Juan North Sec­ondary Ground, Bourg Mu­la­tresse ver­sus Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege.

The Roy­alians, un­der the care of for­mer St An­tho­ny's long-serv­ing coach Nigel ‘Grovey’ Grosvenor and for­mer na­tion­al cap­tain Ken­wyne Jones, have been an in­con­sis­tent bunch this sea­son but will go in­to the en­counter un­de­feat­ed in their last three match­es, in­clu­sive of a 1-1 draw with Pre­sen­ta­tion.

At Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do, Na­pari­ma will be hop­ing to get back to win­ning ways and close the gap on Pre­sen­ta­tion as well when it en­ter­tains low­ly Va­len­cia Sec­ondary

In some key mid-ta­ble match-ups, St An­tho­ny’s is at home to Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka; Cara­pichaima East Sec­ondary trav­els to Fa­ti­ma Col­lege; Bish­op’s High wel­comes Trin­i­ty Col­lege East; St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary hosts St Mary’s Col­lege and St Bene­dict’s Col­lege and East Mu­cu­rapo face off at Guaracara­Park, Pointe-a-Pierre.

To­day's Match­es (kick off at 3.40 pm)

Bish­op’s High vs Trin­i­ty Col­lege East, Ply­mouth Recre­ation Ground, To­ba­go

Fa­ti­ma Col­lege vs Cara­pichaima East Sec­ondary, Fa­ti­ma Ground, Mu­cu­rapo Road, S James

Na­pari­ma Col­lege vs Va­len­cia Sec­ondary, Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do

San Juan North Sec­ondary vs Queen’s Roy­al Col­lege, San Juan North Sec­ondary Ground, Bourg Mu­la­tresse, San Juan

St An­tho­ny’s Col­lege vs Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka, St An­tho­ny’s Ground West­moor­ings

St Au­gus­tine Sec­ondary vs St Mary’s Col­lege, War­ren Street, St Au­gus­tine

St Bene­dict’s Col­lege vs East Mu­cu­rapo Sec­ondary, Guaracara Park, Pointe-a-Pierre

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege - bye

Lat­est SS­FL Pre­mier Di­vi­sion Stand­ings

Teams*P*W*D*L*GF*GA*Pts
1. Pre­sen­ta­tion*9*8*0*0*22*5*25
2. San Juan North*8*7*1*0*18*6*22
3. Na­pari­ma*9*6*3*0*17*5*21
4. St Au­gus­tine*9*4*1*4*17*15*13
5. Cara­pichaima East*8*4*1*3*17*17*13
6. St An­tho­ny’s*7*3*2*2*12*9*11
7. Trin­i­ty East*8*2*5*1*8*6*11
8. Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*7*3*2*2*11*14*11
9. QRC*8*2*4*2*10*8*10
10. S East Mu­cu­rapo*8*2*2*4*11*15*8
11. St Bene­dict’s*7*2*2*3*8*8*8
12. Va­len­cia*8*2*0*6*10*21*6
13. St Mary’s*8*1*2*5*7*13*5
14. Fa­ti­ma*9*1*1*7*7*16*4
15. Bish­op’s High*9*0*1*8*10*27*1

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2018, 12:52:16 AM »
Malick eyes Premiership promotion.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

Mal­ick Sec­ondary's re­turn to the top flight Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion is 50 per cent com­plete.

The school, known for its de­vel­op­ment of a num­ber of play­ers that rep­re­sent­ed the coun­try at the high­est lev­el, on Fri­day claimed the top spot in the North Zone of the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion with a con­vinc­ing 4-0 vic­to­ry over Blan­chisseause Sec­ondary on the road, thus se­cur­ing a place in the Big Five play­offs to be­gin in few days time.

Act­ing prin­ci­pal and team man­ag­er Ger­ald Pas­cal-Man­swell said he was elat­ed the school had part­ly achieved its tar­get this sea­son af­ter a num­ber of key sys­tem­at­ic changes pre­vent­ed the school from be­ing com­pet­i­tive enough to qual­i­fy and stay in the pre­mier­ship di­vi­sion.

These changes in­clude the shock­ing re­moval of its Sixth Form Class and an ad­just­ment to the over­all school sys­tem which pre­vents the school from re­cruit­ing young play­ers from the Ju­nior Sec­ondary schools.

Pas­cal-Man­swell ex­plained this change has led to a re­duc­tion of its stu­dent pop­u­la­tion and there­by de­creas­ing its po­ten­tial tal­ent pool of foot­ballers.

An­oth­er set back for his school, ac­cord­ing to Pas­cal-Man­swell, was the loss of key stal­warts in the sport such as long-serv­ing coach Ken Fran­co and oth­ers.

The school's achieve­ment to date has been due to a two-year de­vel­op­ment plan, head­ed by Pas­cal-Man­swell and new coach An­tho­ny Bartholomew, who agreed to coach the team for free, all in­tent on re­turn­ing the school to top-flight school's league.

"We are now be­gin­ning to see the fruits of this hard work. I am re­al­ly hop­ing now for the team to do well in the play-off," Pas­cal-Man­swell said. The top two teams from the Big Five will earn places in next year's pre­mier­ship di­vi­sion.

Mal­ick has been joined by cen­tral zone cam­paign­ers Ch­agua­nas North Sec­ondary, south zone win­ners Pleas­antville Sec­ondary and east cham­pi­ons Holy Cross Col­lege. In To­ba­go how­ev­er, a win­ner is yet to be de­ter­mined. Ma­son Hall High School topped the zone with 23 points af­ter nine match­es, but Spey­side High has two games in hand.

An of­fi­cial from the sis­ter-isle of To­ba­go told Guardian Me­dia Sports the SS­FL's Dis­ci­pli­nary Com­mit­tee will to­mor­row, ad­ju­di­cate on an ap­peal on Sig­nal Hill's use of uni­form dur­ing Sat­ur­day's key clash with Spey­side. The League is al­so to de­cide on whether Spey­side will be grant­ed full three points and as many goals for its un­played clash with Pen­te­costal Light and Life re­cent­ly, which did not play be­cause the lat­ter could not pro­vide se­cu­ri­ty.

Should Spey­side win these two mat­ters it will move to 23 points, same as Ma­son Hall, and will win the zone by hav­ing a bet­ter goal dif­fer­ence.

Mean­while, in the cen­tral zone, Ch­agua­nas will be mak­ing its sec­ond con­sec­u­tive bid for pro­mo­tion, af­ter last sea­son's at­tempt end­ed in fail­ure, while in the east Holy Cross se­cured its pas­sage through to the Big Five fol­low­ing the rul­ing of the SS­FL's Cre­den­tials Com­mit­tee to deduct all Ari­ma North's points this sea­son for its il­le­gal use of Josi­ah Joseph, Leonar­do Da Cos­ta and his broth­er Le­an­dro Da Cos­ta.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2018, 12:56:06 AM »
San Juan, Naps remain unbeaten in SSFL.

SAN JUAN and Naparima remain unbeaten after yesterday’s slate of matches in Round 10 of the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division.

San Juan joined leaders Presentation San Fernando on 25 points after a narrow 1-0 win over QRC at Bourg Mulatresse, Santa Cruz. Captain Renaldo Boyce scored in the first half to guide San Juan to their eighth victory in nine matches.

However, Presentation San Fernando, who were on a bye yesterday, remain top of the 15-team standings, by virtue of a superior goal difference.

Naparima stayed in third spot after a 1-1 draw at home to Valencia at Lewis Street, San Fernando. Naps have a tally of 22 points from 10 games.

Trinity East climbed three spots to fourth after whipping table-proppers Bishop’s High 2-0 at Tobago, while Trinity Moka edged St Anthony’s 3-2 at Westmoorings.

Keon Boney netted a double as St Benedict’s defeated East Mucurapo 2-0 at Guaracara Park, Pointe-a-Pierre and Fatima registered their second win of the season when they edged Carapichaima 2-1 at the Fatima ground, Mucurapo. The scheduled encounter between St Augustine and St Mary’s was postponed due to a waterlogged outfield at St Augustine.

Round 11 action will be contested on Saturday.

(Teams - By wired868.com)

San Juan North (4-4-2): 1.Emmanuel Clarke (GK); 16.Obadele Dickson (4.Elisha Garcia 88), 14.Darion Warner, 22.Kyle Thomas, 17.Kareem John; 2.Tyrell Cameron, 18.Malik Farrier, 3.Elair Brewster, 11.Isaiah Chase; 10.Jerry Morris (6.Jordan Britto 80), 9.Renaldo Boyce (captain).

Unused Substitutes: 30.Kareem Rodriguez (GK), 7.Josiah Phillip, 12.Kendo Matthias, 13.Christon Mitchell, 21.Pharez Sutherland.

Coach: Jerry Moe

QRC (4-2-3-1): 1.Jacques Poon-Lewis (GK); 12.Jabari Mickell, 17.Donnell Claxton, 4.Anfernee Stokes (captain) (11.Renaldo Mullings 61), 6.Rawle Felix; 3.Darlon Guppy, 20.Marc Robertson; 9.Randy Harris (13.Nathaniel James 85), 8.Kalev Kiel, 7.Darian Bradshaw; 22.Jakeem McNeil (19.Darius Dickson 77).

Unused Substitutes: 30.Jumaane McNeil (GK), 10.Naeem Bisnath, 16.Nathaniel Brown, 25.Jaheim Granderson.

Coach: Kenwyne Jones

Referee: Kwinsi Williams

SSFL Premier Division results

(Wednesday 17 October)

San Juan North 1 (Renaldo Boyce 15), QRC 0 at Bourg Mulatresse;

Fatima College 2 (Mikhail McComie 37, 75), Carapichaima East 1 (Luke Charles 1) at Mucurapo Road;

Naparima College 1 (Seon Shippley), Valencia Secondary 1 (Dwight Yorke pen) at Lewis Street;

St Benedict’s College 2, East Mucurapo 0 at St Benedict’s;

Bishop’s High (T’go) 0, Trinity College East 2 (Jaden McKree 46, Kerdell Sween 57) at Tobago;

St Anthony’s College 2, Trinity College (Moka) 3 at Westmoorings;

St Augustine Secondary vs St Mary’s College at St Augustine;

*—postponed due to a waterlogged field

Presentation College (San F’do) are on a bye

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 01:01:37 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2018, 03:17:21 PM »
WATCH: San Juan North Secondary joined leaders Presentation College San Fernando on 25 points after a narrow 1-0 win over Queens Royal College at Bourg Mulatresse.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sDpC0jziE_o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sDpC0jziE_o</a>

1]; } ?>