March 19, 2024, 03:34:11 AM

Author Topic: 2018 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.  (Read 25441 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 SSFL & Inter-Col Thread.
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2018, 11:16:44 AM »

“Tension in meh belly! This is thing for Shadow!” exclaimed one St Benedict’s technical staff member.

Bang! Boney converted the perfect penalty to ease the tension. 4-4.

It was a whirlwind comeback and it wasn’t over yet. In the 85th minute, Boney completed his beaver-trick with a carbon copy of his second item before racing to the St Benedict’s bench to raise Tyson’s jersey to the heavens.

https://wired868.com/2018/10/29/ssfl-18-st-benedicts-edge-st-anthonys-6-5-dedicate-extraordinary-win-to-reuel-tyson/

One imagines that there are no greater tributes, to a player branded "striker for life", than goals. :salute:

:applause:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 11:22:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »
WATCH: With grief still weighing heavily on their hearts for former teammate Reuel Tyson, St. Benedict's College came from 4-1 down to beat St. Anthony's College 6-5 in arguably the Match of the Season so far. Keon Boney netted a beaver-trick for the La Romaine Lions.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qAig32AUeGA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qAig32AUeGA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Malick shuts out Speyside 2-0 in Big 5
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2018, 09:03:12 AM »
Malick shuts out Speyside 2-0 in Big 5
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

Mal­ick Sec­ondary School scored its first win in the Big Five play-off in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL), by shut­ting out To­ba­go gi­ants Spey­side Sec­ondary 2-0 at St Mary's Col­lege Ground, St Clair, yes­ter­day.

The north­ern­ers which drew 3-3 with Ch­agua­nas North last week, re­bound­ed nice­ly to move to four points at the top of the ta­ble. In­flu­en­tial strik­er Zion Car­pette opened the scor­ing for his team by skil­ful­ly curl­ing the ball past the Spey­side goal­keep­er from a free­kick in the 52nd minute.

Three min­utes lat­er Mal­ick, once a pow­er­house in north foot­ball, seems to be well on their way back when Nicholas Roach was out through on a one-on-one, and he slipped the ball past the on­rush­ing cus­to­di­an for the win­ner in the 55th. Mal­ick coach An­tho­ny Bartholomew pre­dict­ed a win for his team and his lads did not dis­ap­point on the day.

Ker­ry Lynch, the Spey­side coach said his team cre­at­ed nu­mer­ous chances on the bal­anced af­fair, but they could not cap­i­talise on them. Mal­ick will next face east zone win­ner Holy Cross Col­lege on Fri­day at the Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um in Mal­abar Ari­ma, while Spey­side and Pleas­antville Sec­ondary will tan­gle in the oth­er en­counter in To­ba­go.

Holy Cross, known as the Cal­vary Hill Boys were al­so in win­ner's row yes­ter­day, whip­ping Ch­agua­nas North Sec­ondary 4-2, cour­tesy a hat-trick from na­tion­al un­der-14 strik­er Jashawn Thomas. The un­stop­pable Thomas was as­sist­ed by Daniel Warn­er who got the oth­er item in their tri­umph.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pres, Naps square-off for crucial points
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2018, 10:42:15 AM »
Pres, Naps square-off for crucial points

There seems to be no stop­ping Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, on its way for a re­peat of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) ti­tle which it won last year in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion.

'Pres' as the team is called, is not a long dis­tance at the top of the 15-team stand­ing, but seem to be steady enough to main­tain their po­si­tion, in spite of chal­lenges from op­po­nents. And to­day this tenac­i­ty will be need­ed when they face their tough­est op­po­nent to date, Na­pari­ma Col­lege at the Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do.

An­gus Eve's 'Naps' are four points be­hind the lead­ers and a win to­day will re­duce the gap to just one point of the top team.

Yes­ter­day Eve said the ti­tle is vir­tu­al­ly Pre­sen­ta­tion's own to lose this year. "We will be go­ing in­to the game very con­fi­dent this af­ter­noon, but even if we win, Pre­sen­ta­tion will still have the lead, and have a strong op­por­tu­ni­ty to win" Eve ex­plained.

Ac­cord­ing Eve, a for­mer na­tion­al mid­field­er and coach, "It will be a good game against the on­ly two un­beat­en teams in the League, but I think Pre­sen­ta­tion will en­joy the ad­van­tage of hav­ing a bit more ex­pe­ri­ence than us. How­ev­er, we will be con­fi­dent of a good re­sult."

Should Pre­sen­ta­tion win to­day they will be lit­er­al­ly putting one hand on the ti­tle with San Juan, de­spite los­ing two match­es re­cent­ly, will be the on­ly team to pro­vide re­sis­tance against the south­ern­ers (Pres). A Naps' vic­to­ry, on the oth­er hand, will see Eve's men de­pend­ing on the San Juan boys to hold off Pres. All match­es be­gin at 3:40 pm.

TO­DAY'S MATCH­ES
Fa­ti­ma Col­lege vs QRC, Fa­ti­ma
Naps vs Pres, Lewis Street
St An­tho­ny's vs San Juan, St An­tho­ny's
St Bene­dict's vs Cara­pichaima, Guaracara Park
St Mary's vs East Mu­cu­rapo, CIC Grds
Trin­i­ty Mo­ka vs St Au­gus­tine, Mo­ka
Trin­i­ty Col­lege East vs Va­len­cia, Trin­i­ty

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2018, 04:07:14 PM »
WATCH: Pleasantville Secondary Girls booked a place in the National Big 5 Final courtesy a commanding 5-1 win over Carapichaima East Secondary. Their opponent will be Signal Hill Secondary Girls

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qA4AjHsUdZs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qA4AjHsUdZs</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2018, 07:39:49 AM »
Presentation beaten but stays out front

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege (San Fer­nan­do) suc­cumbed to its first de­feat of the sea­son in the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion of the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League yes­ter­day, go­ing down 1-3 to arch-ri­vals Na­pari­ma Col­lege at Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do. But 'Pres' as the school is com­mon­ly called, still main­tained the lead on the 15-team stand­ings with 29 points.

Team man­ag­er An­dre Ben­jamin said his team's fate still lies in its own hands, as the school need to win its two re­main­ing match­es against St An­tho­ny's Col­lege and San Juan North Sec­ondary to re­tain the ti­tle it won last year.

"Ku­dos to Na­pari­ma, they want­ed it more than us on the day, but we will be tak­ing our re­main­ing match­es one game at a time. In our next game against St An­tho­ny's we have to step it up a notch to en­sure max­i­mum points," Ben­jamin ex­plained.

Pre­sen­ta­tion drew first blood when the team's pro­lif­ic strik­er Jor­dan Ri­ley scored the open­ing goal from the penal­ty spot in the 17th minute to put the host ahead. The vis­i­tors lost key cen­tral de­fend­er Justin Corn­wall ear­ly in the sec­ond half, for his sec­ond book­able of­fence, which left the team vul­ner­a­ble there­after. With a man down Naps equalised soon af­ter from Daquon Fos­ter, be­fore Is­sa Bram­ble and Seon Ship­ley sealed the win with item late in the half, tak­ing them one point be­hind the lead­ers.

Af­ter­wards, An­gus Eve, the Naps coach said he would like to see St An­tho­ny's and San Juan North play Pres with the same fight and qual­i­ty as they dis­played against his team. "I know they both have the tools to play well against Pre­sen­ta­tion, but the ques­tion is if they would pro­duce the goods on the day," said Eve.

The for­mer na­tion­al mid­field­er and coach be­lieves in spite of his team's tri­umph yes­ter­day, Pres still has the ti­tle to win, say­ing it is theirs to lose. "The most we can do now is main­tain the pres­sure on the lead­ers and hope that if they slip up we will be wait­ing to cap­i­tal­ize," Eve con­clud­ed.

Mean­while, third place San Juan North al­so dropped two valu­able points in a 1-1 tie with St An­tho­ny's at West moor­ings which took them to 26 points, but Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) main­tained their sev­enth po­si­tion by edg­ing Fa­ti­ma 1-0, cour­tesy a late Dar­lon Gup­py strike.

(Teams)

Naparima College (4-2-3-1): 1.Levi Fernandez (GK); 5.Daquon Foster, 4.Tyrike Andrews, 12.Christopher Asukile, 15.Marvin Waldrop; 6.Shoaib Khan, 17. Nathaniel Perouse; 19.Isa Bramble (11.Kern Cedeno), 10.Decklan Marcelle, 8.Kodel Frontin (captain) (9.Ezekiel Kesar); 20.Seon Shippley (24.Jabari Lee).

Unused Substitutes: 30.Enrique Changiah (GK), 3.Chakim Guy, 14.Molik Khan, 18.Caleb Gaspar.

Coach: Angus Eve

Presentation College (San F’do) (4-3-3): 28.Jabari Gray (GK) (captain); 3.Juaval Roberts, 18.Nkosi Chance, 27.Darnell Hospedales, 2.Zion Allen; 5.Justin Cornwall,15.Aleem Barclay,6.Ackeel Jacob; 10.Jordan Riley (29.Jardel Sinclair), 7.Omri Baird (20.Shakeem Julien), 9.Jaiye Sheppard (24.Adica Ash).

Unused Substitutes: 1.Isaiah Williams (GK), 13.Markus Mason, 19.Terrell Noel, 22.Amaal Julien, 23.Christoph John.

Coach: Shawn Cooper

RE­SULTS

Naps 3  (Daquon Foster 51', Isa Bramble 65', Seon Shippley 69') vs Pres 1 (Jor­dan Ri­ley 14')

QRC 1 (Dar­lon Gup­py) vs Fa­ti­ma 0

St An­tho­ny's 1 (Kiron Manswell 40') vs San Juan 1 Renaldo Boyce 28')

St Bene­dict's 1 (Aaron Rod­ney 60') vs Cara­pichaima 1 (Kevon Williams 90')

St Mary's 2 (Nan­ton Gabriel 10', Tyrese Spicer 42') vs East Mu­cu­rapo 4 (Ja­heim Patrick 8', Zion Mc Leod 30', David Daniel 63', Ki­dane Lewis 69')

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 3 (Temesgn Tezera [2], Kai Phillip) vs St Au­gus­tine 3 (Jelani Augustus 22, Kesean St Rose 23, Rivaldo Coryat 49)

Trin­i­ty East 2 (Daniel Lake 22, Jarved El­cock 46) vs Va­len­cia 2 (Andre Robinson 13, Zidan Liverpool 43)

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:09:16 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »
WATCH: Kevon Williams scored with literally the final kick of the game to earn Carapichaima East Secondary a 1-1 draw with St. Benedict's College.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9k2o3dOKfvA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9k2o3dOKfvA</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2018, 12:27:14 AM »
Cooper: 'Pres' no stranger to pressure situations.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

"It's a sit­u­a­tion we have been in be­fore, so need­ing to win our next two match­es will be no prob­lem for us," said Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege (San Fer­nan­do) coach Shawn Coop­er to Guardian Me­dia Sports yes­ter­day, ahead of to­day's cru­cial match-up with St An­tho­ny's Col­lege in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la.

His team's un­beat­en run for the sea­son was bro­ken by south­ern ri­val Na­pari­ma Col­lege on Wednes­day (3-1), there­by, clos­ing the gap be­tween the teams to a sin­gle point with two more match­es to go. The de­feat left Pre­sen­ta­tion on 29 points at the top and Coop­er ad­mit­ted that his play­ers were dis­ap­point­ed with the loss, par­tic­u­lar­ly com­ing from its south­ern ri­val.

But his con­cern now ap­pears much deep­er than just a de­feat to Na­pari­ma, as Coop­er is grap­pling to find a re­place­ment for sus­pend­ed cen­tral de­fend­er Justin Corn­wall, who was giv­en march­ing or­ders by the ref­er­ee for two book­able of­fences against Na­pari­ma.

"We will have a ses­sion this af­ter­noon (yes­ter­day) at which time I will de­ter­mine who can be put in as a re­place­ment for Corn­wall, or what ad­just­ments we will have to make for the match against St An­tho­ny's," Coop­er ex­plained.

"The good thing about this af­ter­noon's match is that we will be at home so that eas­es the wor­ry some­what. I think, we at Pre­sen­ta­tion, are aware of what we have to do, to get the job done, and it is what we in­tend to do. The oth­er teams in the three-team race such as San Juan and Na­pari­ma al­so have to win to have a chance at the ti­tle so I hope they don't think that win­ning to­day is on­ly for Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege."

A win for Pre­sen­ta­tion on Wednes­day iron­i­cal­ly would have as­sured them a re­peat of the ti­tle but now they need a win to­day, with both Na­pari­ma on 28 points, host­ing an im­prov­ing Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) out­fit at Lewis Street in San Fer­nan­do.

The Roy­alians have not had the re­sults to match their per­for­mances all sea­son and coach­es Nigel Grovs­nor and Ken­wyne Jones will be hop­ing that their late turn of form, will help their move up the stand­ings with a vic­to­ry.

Mean­while, San Juan North, the on­ly oth­er team with a chance of clinch­ing the ti­tle, will be at home to St Bene­dict's Col­lege. The San Juan men, known pop­u­lar­ly as "Bourg" are on 26 points and a win will take them to 29 this af­ter­noon.

Bish­op's High of To­ba­go faces cer­tain rel­e­ga­tion, along with Fa­ti­ma, which will be on a bye to­day. All match­es be­gin at 3.40 pm.

TO­DAY'S MATCH­ES

Bish­op's High vs East Mu­cu­rapo, To­ba­go

Cara­pichaima East vs Trin­i­ty Col­lege East, Cara­pichaima

Na­pari­ma vs QRC, Lewis Street

Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege vs St An­tho­ny's, Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um

San Juan North vs St Bene­dict's Col­lege, San Juan

St Au­gus­tine Sec vs Va­len­cia, St Au­gus­tine

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka vs St Mary's, Mo­ka

SS­FL Pre­mier Di­vi­sion Stand­ings

Team*P*W*D*L*GF*GA*GD*Pts
1*Pre­sen­ta­tion*12*9*2*1*26*10*16*29
2*Na­pari­ma*12*8*4*0*24*9*15*28
3*San Juan*12*8*2*2*23*14*9*26
4*St Bene­dict's*13*6*3*4*22*20*2*21
5*Cara­pichaima*12*6*2*4*23*21*2*20
6*QRC*12*5*4*3*18*10*8*19
7*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*12*5*4*3*20*24*-4*19
8*St Au­gus­tine*12*5*2*5*25*21*4*17
9*Trin­i­ty East*12*3*7*2*13*10*3*16
10*St An­tho­ny's*12*4*3*5*21*20*1*15
11*Mu­cu­rapo*12*4*2*6*17*21*-4*14
12*Va­len­cia*12*2*3*7*16*28*-12*9
13*St Mary's*11*2*2*7*14*20*-6*8
14*Fa­ti­ma*13*2*2*9*11*21*-10*8
15*Bish­op's To­ba­go*13*0*2*11*12*36*-24*2

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2018, 02:02:00 AM »
'Naps', San Juan keep pressure on Presentation.

It will be a race to the end in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary School's Foot­ball League (SS­FL) af­ter the top three teams in the race for the ti­tle were all in win­ner's row yes­ter­day.

Lead­ers Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, San Fer­nan­do turned back a bat­tling St An­tho­ny's Col­lege at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la 3-1 to main­tain its ad­van­tage for the ti­tle. De­spite field­ing an un­der-strength de­fen­sive back­line, the Pre­sen­ta­tion boys looked any­thing but ham­pered by the sus­pen­sion of in­stru­men­tal de­fend­er Justin Corn­wall yes­ter­day, with the team's at­tack­ers prov­ing to be too much for the 'Tiger' to con­quer.

Af­ter a goal­less first half, the South­ern­ers broke the ice when Jaiye Shep­perd got the open­er in the 66th minute. And 10 min­utes lat­er Jor­dan Ri­ley, the team's pro­lif­ic goal scor­er dou­bled the team's tal­ly with his item which brought a sigh of re­lief to the fans.

But de­spite St An­tho­ny's goal late in the half, Jardel St Clair drilled the nail in­to the St An­tho­ny's cof­fin with his goal on the stroke of reg­u­la­tion time.

The win pushed them to 32 points, still a point ahead of ri­vals Na­pari­ma Col­lege which tri­umphed 1-0 at the ex­pense of Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) at the team's home ground on Lewis Street, San Fer­nan­do.

With 31 points, Na­pari­ma, be­ing coached by An­gus Eve, will have to win its next match against Trin­i­ty Mo­ka on Wednes­day in Mar­aval and hope that de­fend­ing cham­pi­on school Pre­sen­ta­tion San Juan which can to­tal no more than 32 points. Na­pari­ma coach Eve said they can on­ly do what they have to do which is to win their last match and wait and see the out­come of Pre­sen­ta­tion and San Juan clash.

The math­e­mat­ics though is that a win for Na­pari­ma would put them on 34 points, still in hope that third-place San Juan North, which edged St Bene­dict's 1-0 yes­ter­day from a soli­tary Re­nal­do Boyce strike, can hold off Pre­sen­ta­tion in its cru­cial en­counter at home on Wednes­day. For San Juan to have any chance of lift­ing the ti­tle, Na­pari­ma must drop points, while it need to score at least six clear goals.

(Teams)

Naparima College (4-2-3-1): 1.Levi Fernandez (GK) (captain); 5.Daquon Foster, 4.Tyrike Andrews, 12.Asukile Christopher, 8.Kodel Frontin; 17.Nathaniel Perouse, 6.Shoaib Khan (24.Jabari Lee); 19.Isa Bramble, 10.Decklan Marcelle (18.Caleb Gaspar 80), Ezekiel Kesar (13.Jeron Pantor 62); 20.Seon Shippley.

Unused Substitutes: 30.Enrique Changiah (GK), 11.Kern Cedeno, 14.Molik Khan, 15.Marvin Waldrop.

Coach: Angus Eve

QRC (4-4-1-1): 1.Jacques Poon-Lewis (GK); 12.Jabari McKell, 17.Donnell Claxton, 4.Anfernee Stokes, 6.Rawle Felix; 14.Miguel Cross (25.Jaheim Granderson 62), 20.Marc Robertson, 3.Darlon Guppy (9.Renaldo Mullings 79), 7.Darian Bradshaw (18.Nathaniel James); 8.Kalev Keil; 19.Darius Dickson.

Unused Substitutes: 30.Jumaane McNeil (GK), 5.Jakeem McNeil, 10.Naeem Bisnath, 16.Nathaniel Brown.

Coach: Kenwyne Jones

Referee: Cecile Hinds

RE­SULTS

Bish­op's 0 vs East Mu­cu­rapo 5 (Jelani Ferry [2], Shakime Wickham, Daniel David, Malachi Celestine)

Pres 3 (Jaiye Sheppard 65, Jordan Riley 78, Jadel Sinclair 90) vs St An­tho­ny's 1 (Kiron Manswell 85)

Cara­pichaima 1 (Luke Charles) vs Trin­i­ty East 0

San Juan 1 (Re­nal­do Boyce) vs St Bene­dict's 0

St Au­gus­tine 0 vs Va­len­cia 3

Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 1 vs St Mary's 5 (Kyle Carrington [3], Michel Poon-Angeron, Tyrese Spicer)

Lat­est Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion Stand­ing

TEAMS*P*W*D*L*GF*GA*GD*PTS
1*Pres*13*10*2*1*29*11*18*32
2*Naps*13*9*4*0*25*9*16*31
3*San Juan*13*9*2*2*24*14*10*29
4*Cara­pichaima*13*7*2*4*24*21*3*23
5*St Bene­dict's*14*6*3*5*22*21*1*21
6*QRC*13*5*4*4*18*11*7*19
7*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*13*5*4*4*21*29*-8*19
8*St Au­gus­tine*13*5*2*6*25*24*1*17
9*East Mu­cu­rapo*13*5*2*6*22*21*1*17
10*Trin­i­ty East*13*3*7*3*13*11*2*16
11*St An­tho­ny's*13*4*3*6*22*23*-1*15
12*Va­len­cia*13*3*3*7*19*28*-9*12
13*St Mary's*12*3*2*7*19*21*-2*11
14*Fa­ti­ma*13*2*2*9*11*21*-10*8
15*Bish­op's To­ba­go*14*0*2*12*12*41*-29*2

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »
WATCH: Presentation College San Fernando continued their push to the 2018 SSFL Premier Division title with a 3-1 win over St. Anthony's College, but Naparima College stays within striking distance.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZXhhiHB87F8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZXhhiHB87F8</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2018, 01:54:55 AM »
Shiva Boys to miss 2018 contest.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

New Intercol champs to be crowned as…

A NEW team will be crowned as the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Intercol champions as 2017 winners Shiva Boys will not be defending their title.

So said team manager/coach Sheldon Maharaj in a recent interview.

Shiva Boys won the 2017 title courtesy of a 2-0 win over San Juan North, at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva with a double from midfielder Tyrell ‘Pappy’ Emmanuel.

However, a month earlier, in the SSFL Premier Division, Shiva Boys were deducted 17 points, and subsequently relegated, after fielding two players, Kierron Mason and Matthew Beal, who were improperly registered.

According to Maharaj, “the principal (Dexter Sakal) has taken a backseat on the football. He chose to play the senior grade – the Under-20s, instead of the Championship.

“We didn’t play the Championship this year (which would have helped us get) back into the Premiership,” Maharaj added. “We gave the players we (retained) the opportunity to play football while they’re finishing their studies with Shiva Boys. So we’re playing the Under-14s, the Under-16s and the Under-20s.”

Asked what the school to opt out of both the 2018 Intercol and a potential chance to return to the 2019 SSFL Premiership, Maharaj replied, “(the principal) made a decision that he wanted to ease off the football a little bit. It was taking away from the resources in the school.”

Midfielder Judah Garcia, who was named as the 2017 SSFL Player of the Year, is currently with the national Under-20 team in their CONCACAF Championship campaign in the US, while Mason is a member of the W Connection Pro League outfit.

Maharaj noted, “the majority of my senior team, who were there in the (2017) Premiership, didn’t transfer or go anywhere. They’re not even playing the Under-20 (age group). They’re playing with their clubs or with the national teams.

“To play Judah Garcia in the Under-20 would have been too advantageous, on that level,” he added. “They’re focusing on their clubs and focusing on their academics.” Maharaj made it clear, “We would not be allowed to take part in the Intercol. If we had played in the Championship, we would have been allowed to play in the Intercol. According to the (SSFL) constitution, senior division (teams) are not allowed to play in the Intercol.”

Looking towards the future, Maharaj sees good potential in the crop of players in the Under-14 and Under-16 teams.

“It wouldn’t be hard to build back, but it’s if the principal wants to (re-enter the team in the Championship),” Maharaj said.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2018, 02:01:19 AM »
Pleasantville reigns as SSFL girls champs.
By Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

Goals from Alex­cia Ali and Chris­sy Mitchell sealed the Girls Cham­pi­onship's "Big Five" ti­tle for Pleas­antville Sec­ondary in the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) on Sun­day.

The fi­nal was played at Ply­mouth, To­ba­go and it was the vis­i­tor go­ing away with a 2-0 vic­to­ry over Sig­nal Hill, who suf­fered its first loss in this year's com­pe­ti­tion.

Ali and Mitchell con­tin­ued where they left off af­ter scor­ing in Pleas­antville's 5-2 win over Cen­tral Zone win­ner Cara­pichaima East in the semi­fi­nals last Sun­day. That same evening, Sig­nal Hill reached the fi­nale af­ter elim­i­nat­ing Bish­op Anstey East, 4-0. So the ti­tle match was ex­pect­ed to be en­ter­tain­ing.

Play in the fi­nal was pret­ty much even be­tween both teams in the ear­ly part of the match with nei­ther be­ing able to hit the tar­get it seemed to be head­ing to a goal­less first half un­til Ali found the back of the net in the 40th minute, to put her team ahead, 1-0 on the stroke of half­time.

On the re­sump­tion, the To­ba­go Zone cham­pi­on Sig­nal Hill pressed for an equalis­er but it nev­er came. On the oth­er end though, Mitchell put Pleas­antville in­to a com­fort­able po­si­tion with her team's sec­ond goal in the 58th minute.

The score re­mained un­changed as time ex­pired and it was the South cham­pi­on Pleas­antville cel­e­brat­ing its sec­ond ti­tle of the sea­son, hav­ing played un­de­feat­ed in the two rounds of the zon­al league com­pe­ti­tion.

Pleas­antville will next chase the South Zone In­ter­col crown. The quar­ter­fi­nals start on the week­end in each of the five zones.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2018, 02:47:36 AM »
St Mary’s blank St Augustine 4-0.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

ST MARY’S moved a step closer towards avoiding relegation from the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division when they blanked hosts St Augustine 4-0 in a rescheduled Round 10 match yesterday.

With the result, St Mary’s are 12th, in the 15-team group, with 14 points, two points more than 13th-placed Valencia.

Gabriel Nanton broke the deadlock for St Mary’s, in the 20th minute, and the visitors doubled their lead in the 70th courtesy of a strike from Tyrese Spicer.

Michel Poon-Angeron netted the third goal for St Mary’s in the 71st and Spicer completed the scoring in the 80th.

The bottom three placed teams, including Fatima and Bishop’s High, will face the drop this year.

The last set of matches (Round 11), which were postponed on October 20 due to the nationwide flooding, will take place tomorrow (WEDNESDAY).

According to a SSFL official, the decision was made to play those set of games tomorrow, instead of yesterday as was previously advertised, to ensure that all teams complete the Premier Division season on the same day.

STANDINGS

P*W*D*L*F*A*Pts
Presentation*13*10*2*1*29*11*32
Naparima*13*9*4*0*25*9*31
San Juan*13*9*2*2*24*14*29
Carapichaima*13*7*2*4*24*21*23
St Benedict's*14*6*3*5*22*21*21
QRC*13*5*4*4*18*11*19
Trinity Moka*13*5*4*4*21*29*19
St Augustine*14*5*2*7*25*28*17
East Mucurapo*13*5*2*6*22*21*17
Trinity East*13*3*7*3*13*11*16
St Anthony's*13*4*3*6*22*23*15
St Mary's*13*4*2*7*23*21*14
Valencia*13*3*3*7*19*28*12
Fatima*13*2*2*9*11*21*8
Bishop's High*14*0*2*12*12*41*2

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2018, 09:26:09 PM »
WATCH: St. Mary's College stun St. Augustine Secondary 4-0 as they seek to avoid relegation from the SSFL Premier Division

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CQz0xJhmwXY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CQz0xJhmwXY</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2018, 09:43:26 PM »
WATCH: Naparima College like a thief in the night came from behind in the title race and sneaked the SSFL  title from their bitter rivals Presentation College coffers on the last day.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JbgQpuIbCYs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JbgQpuIbCYs</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Unbeaten Naps crowned SSFL champs
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2018, 05:27:32 AM »
Unbeaten Naps crowned SSFL champs

Hail Na­pari­ma Col­lege, cham­pi­ons of the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens 2018 Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League, a ti­tle the south­ern­ers won af­ter beat­ing Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 2-0 at Mar­aval yes­ter­day, while fel­low south­ern­ers Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, the de­fend­ing cham­pi­ons, was held 1-1 by San Juan in Bourg Mu­la­tresse, San Juan.

Need­ing a vic­to­ry to as­sure them a re­peat of the ti­tle won last year, Pre­sen­ta­tion start­ed firey at San Juan but could not get past a steady Em­manuel John in goal. Af­ter 16th min­utes of play Aleem Bar­clay was set free but his blis­ter­ing dri­ve from just in­side the area was ac­ro­bat­i­cal­ly pushed wide by John, who won thun­der­ous ap­plause from the hun­dreds of fans that gath­ered at the venue.

And lat­er on, John again sprang in­to ac­tion to pre­vent at­tempts by Jor­dan Ri­ley, Ac­k­eel Ja­cob and com­pa­ny from break­ing the dead­lock.

The teams went in­to the half-time in­ter­val knot­ted at 0-0, but on the re­sump­tion the play­ers from both teams pro­duced fire­works for the crowd that packed the venue. The home team came to life when Isa­iah Chase found him­self at the end of a loose ball that bounced nice­ly for him from an ear­li­er at­tack, and with Pre­sen­ta­tion goalie Jabari Gray blind­ed in the midst of a crowd­ed de­fence, Chase lashed pow­er­ful­ly in­side the far post that gave Gray no chance as he looked on help­less­ly in the 59th minute.

The goal brought life and hope for a team that need­ed to win the en­counter by six clear goals and while de­pend­ing on Trin­i­ty Mo­ka to beat Na­pari­ma Col­lege, for its chance to claim the ti­tle. But Jardel St Clair spoiled it for host when he took down a left-side cross nice­ly in­side the box, and calm­ly slot­ted the ball past the ad­vanc­ing John for the equalis­er in the 83rd minute and from then on Pre­sen­ta­tion pressed on for sev­en min­utes to man­u­fac­ture the win­ner which nev­er came.

In Mar­aval, Na­pari­ma made sure of all three points and with San Juan's help, cel­e­brat­ed the cham­pi­onship. But be­fore that Nathaniel Per­ouse fired the vis­i­tors in­to the lead in the 25th minute. And with Trin­i­ty Mo­ka bat­tling to im­prove their po­si­tion on the stand­ings, Jeron Pan­tor sealed the win in the 60th minute to spark wild cel­e­bra­tions among his team­mates and sup­port­ers up­on learn­ing about the Bourg Mu­la­tresse re­sult.

Coach An­gus Eve said he was hum­bled by the win, and ded­i­cat­ed it to all those who played in­stru­men­tal roles in sup­port­ing the team, such as the teach­ers and oth­er staff mem­bers, the old boys and par­tic­u­lar­ly the play­ers who have played un­beat­en all sea­son.

"We knew the pres­sure was on Pre­sen­ta­tion, as we knew that hav­ing played against San Juan in Bourg Mu­la­tresse, it was al­ways go­ing to be dif­fi­cult to beat them. Hav­ing said that, We knew al­so that Trin­i­ty Mo­ka was no pushover ei­ther, so we had to do our part and win," Eve ex­plained.

"All prais­es and glo­ry to Almighty God, with­out whom we could not have achieved this. We will now turn our fo­cus on the In­ter­Col, which is a knock-out tour­na­ment and will be no easy one to win," Eve said.

Mean­while, St Mary's Col­lege al­so sur­vived rel­e­ga­tion by de­feat­ing Trin­i­ty East 4-2 at home in St Clair. The 'Saints' as the school is called, need­ed just a draw to avoid go­ing down, but the team got more than it bar­gained for with a dou­ble from Kyle Car­ring­ton, who scored in the 50th and 59th min­utes, as well as goals from Michel Poon-Angeron and Tyrese Spicer, to se­cure all three points and a com­fort­able 4-2 vic­to­ry in the end.

East­ern­ers Va­len­cia, the on­ly team to con­firm St Mary's rel­e­ga­tion need­ed to beat Fa­ti­ma by 11 goals. But the team failed to achieve its ob­jec­tive as Fa­ti­ma won 3-2. The re­sult meant Va­len­cia, Bish­op's To­ba­go and Fa­ti­ma have been de­mot­ed to the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion for the 2019 sea­son.

RE­SULTS

QRC 1 vs Cara­pichaima 1
Va­len­cia 2 (Dwight Yorke 33rd, 79th) vs Fa­ti­ma 3 (Mikhail Mc Com­mie 2nd, Luke Dar­went 52nd, 53rd)
St Mary's 4 (Michel Poon-Angeron 7th, Kyle Car­ring­ton 50th, 59th) vs Trin­i­ty East 2 (J Mc Kree 9th, 20th)
East Mu­cu­rapo 2 (Daniel David 4th, Malachai 61st) vs St An­tho­ny's 0
San Juan 1 (Isa­iah Chase 59th) vs Pre­sen­ta­tion 1 (Jardel St Clair)
Na­pari­ma 2 (Nathaniel Per­ouse 25th, Jeron Pan­tor) vs Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 0

2018 Fi­nal Pre­mier Di­vi­sion Stand­ing

Pos*TEAM*P*W*D*L*F*A*GD*Pts

1*Na­pari­ma*14*10*4*0*27*9*18*34
2*Pre­sen­ta­tion*14*10*3*2*31*13*18*33
3*San Juan*14*9*3*2*26*16*10*30
4*Cara­pichaima*14*7*3*4*25*22*3*24
5*St Bene­dict's*14*6*3*5*22*21*1*21
6*QRC*14*5*5*4*19*12*7*20
7*Mu­cu­rapo*14*6*2*6*24*21*3*20
8*Trin­i­ty Mo­ka*14*5*4*5*21*31*-10*19
9*St Mary's*14*5*2*7*27*23*4*17
10*St Au­gus­tine*14*5*2*7*25*28*-3*17
11*Trin­i­ty East*14*3*7*4*15*15*0*16
12*St An­tho­ny's*14*4*3*7*22*25*-3*15
13*Va­len­cia*14*3*3*8*21*31*-10*12
14*Fa­ti­ma*14*3*2*9*14*23*-9*11
15*Bish­op's To­ba­go*14*0*2*12*12*41*-29*2

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Naps beat Trinity Moka 2-0 to take SSFL title
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:42 AM »
Naps beat Trinity Moka 2-0 to take SSFL title
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

NAPARIMA dethroned Presentation San Fernando as champions of the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division, after a dramatic day of action in the final round yesterday.

Entering yesterday’s rescheduled Round 11 matches, Presentation San Fernando were on 32 points, followed by Naparima with 31 and San Juan North with 29.

Naparima, the 2015 Premier Division winners, travelled to Maraval and defeated Trinity Moka 2-0, with strikes from Nathaniel Perouse, in the 26th minute, and Jeron Pantor in the 64th.

Presentation San Fernando, the 2017 champs, also made the trip from South, to Bourg Mulatresse in Santa Cruz, to oppose San Juan North. However, that game ended in a 1-1 draw.

Isaiah Chase fired a right-footed shot, in the 57th, to put the hosts ahead, but Presentation San Fernando’s Jardel Sinclair evened the scores in the 82nd, with a close-range shot past the left of goalkeeper Emmanuel Jordan. Naparima coach Angus Eve said last evening, “We feel very honoured and very humbled. We give God all the glory for what he has continued to do in our lives, as a school body.”

He continued, “The Old Boys, the principal (Dr Michael Dowlath), the parents, the children, all the staff who has supported me tremendously throughout this trying season, and all of the teams who didn’t make this season easy for us at all, we just want to thank everybody for the contribution they would have made to the team winning this title.”

Asked about the position the Naps team faced, with the likelihood that either Presentation San Fernando or San Juan could have emerged as title-holders, Eve replied, “It wasn’t in our hands so what we (tried to) dictate was what was in our hands, and that’s winning this game.”

Midfielder Mark Ramdeen missed the latter matches this season due to national Under-20 team duties.

Eve, the ex-national men’s team midfielder and captain, noted, “Mark is a different player, but we coach a squad of players and we believe in every one of (them).

“We have guys like Isa Bramble, Decklan Marcelle and a lot of guys who could step up and do the job like Ezekiel Kesar (and) Molik (Khan),” he continued. “Mark scored some important goals for us. We always knew we were going to lose him, so we were prepared for that.”

On the opposite end of the 15-team points standings, 2018 debutants Valencia joined Fatima and Bishop’s High as the teams relegated to the Championship Division.

Heading into yesterday’s games, St Mary’s were on 12th place with 14 points, followed by Valencia with 12 points.

Ironically, the already-relegated Fatima consigned Valencia to the drop, courtesy of a 3-2 win at Valencia. St Mary’s, on the other hand, defeated Trinity East 4-2 at the St Mary’s Ground, St Clair.

Two other games were contested yesterday.

East Mucurapo beat St Anthony’s 2-0 at the Fatima Ground in Mucurapo and QRC were held to a 1-1 draw by Carapichaima East at the QRC Ground, St Clair.

RELATED NEWS

Unbeaten Naps crowned SSFL champs.

Hail Na­pari­ma Col­lege, cham­pi­ons of the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens 2018 Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League, a ti­tle the south­ern­ers won af­ter beat­ing Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 2-0 at Mar­aval yes­ter­day, while fel­low south­ern­ers Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, the de­fend­ing cham­pi­ons, was held 1-1 by San Juan in Bourg Mu­la­tresse, San Juan.

Need­ing a vic­to­ry to as­sure them a re­peat of the ti­tle won last year, Pre­sen­ta­tion start­ed firey at San Juan but could not get past a steady Em­manuel John in goal. Af­ter 16th min­utes of play Aleem Bar­clay was set free but his blis­ter­ing dri­ve from just in­side the area was ac­ro­bat­i­cal­ly pushed wide by John, who won thun­der­ous ap­plause from the hun­dreds of fans that gath­ered at the venue.

And lat­er on, John again sprang in­to ac­tion to pre­vent at­tempts by Jor­dan Ri­ley, Ac­k­eel Ja­cob and com­pa­ny from break­ing the dead­lock.

The teams went in­to the half-time in­ter­val knot­ted at 0-0, but on the re­sump­tion the play­ers from both teams pro­duced fire­works for the crowd that packed the venue. The home team came to life when Isa­iah Chase found him­self at the end of a loose ball that bounced nice­ly for him from an ear­li­er at­tack, and with Pre­sen­ta­tion goalie Jabari Gray blind­ed in the midst of a crowd­ed de­fence, Chase lashed pow­er­ful­ly in­side the far post that gave Gray no chance as he looked on help­less­ly in the 59th minute.

The goal brought life and hope for a team that need­ed to win the en­counter by six clear goals and while de­pend­ing on Trin­i­ty Mo­ka to beat Na­pari­ma Col­lege, for its chance to claim the ti­tle. But Jardel St Clair spoiled it for host when he took down a left-side cross nice­ly in­side the box, and calm­ly slot­ted the ball past the ad­vanc­ing John for the equalis­er in the 83rd minute and from then on Pre­sen­ta­tion pressed on for sev­en min­utes to man­u­fac­ture the win­ner which nev­er came.

In Mar­aval, Na­pari­ma made sure of all three points and with San Juan's help, cel­e­brat­ed the cham­pi­onship. But be­fore that Nathaniel Per­ouse fired the vis­i­tors in­to the lead in the 25th minute. And with Trin­i­ty Mo­ka bat­tling to im­prove their po­si­tion on the stand­ings, Jeron Pan­tor sealed the win in the 60th minute to spark wild cel­e­bra­tions among his team­mates and sup­port­ers up­on learn­ing about the Bourg Mu­la­tresse re­sult.

Coach An­gus Eve said he was hum­bled by the win, and ded­i­cat­ed it to all those who played in­stru­men­tal roles in sup­port­ing the team, such as the teach­ers and oth­er staff mem­bers, the old boys and par­tic­u­lar­ly the play­ers who have played un­beat­en all sea­son.

"We knew the pres­sure was on Pre­sen­ta­tion, as we knew that hav­ing played against San Juan in Bourg Mu­la­tresse, it was al­ways go­ing to be dif­fi­cult to beat them. Hav­ing said that, We knew al­so that Trin­i­ty Mo­ka was no pushover ei­ther, so we had to do our part and win," Eve ex­plained.

"All prais­es and glo­ry to Almighty God, with­out whom we could not have achieved this. We will now turn our fo­cus on the In­ter­Col, which is a knock-out tour­na­ment and will be no easy one to win," Eve said.

Mean­while, St Mary's Col­lege al­so sur­vived rel­e­ga­tion by de­feat­ing Trin­i­ty East 4-2 at home in St Clair. The 'Saints' as the school is called, need­ed just a draw to avoid go­ing down, but the team got more than it bar­gained for with a dou­ble from Kyle Car­ring­ton, who scored in the 50th and 59th min­utes, as well as goals from Michel Poon-Angeron and Tyrese Spicer, to se­cure all three points and a com­fort­able 4-2 vic­to­ry in the end.

East­ern­ers Va­len­cia, the on­ly team to con­firm St Mary's rel­e­ga­tion need­ed to beat Fa­ti­ma by 11 goals. But the team failed to achieve its ob­jec­tive as Fa­ti­ma won 3-2. The re­sult meant Va­len­cia, Bish­op's To­ba­go and Fa­ti­ma have been de­mot­ed to the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion for the 2019 sea­son.

(Teams)

San Juan North Secondary (4-4-1-1): Emmanuel John (GK); 19.Adrian Duncan (10.Jerry Morris 51), 4.Elisha Garcia (6.Jordan Britto 89), 22.Kyle Thomas, 17.Kareem John; 11.Isaiah Chase, 14.Darion Warner, 18.Malik Farrier, 2.Tyrell Cameron; 3.Elair Brewster; 9.Renaldo Boyce (captain) (13.Christon Mitchell 80).

Unused Substitutes: 30.Jushwar Wong (GK), 7.Josiah Phillip, 8.Jeremiah Rodriguez, 12.Kendo Matthias.

Coach: Jerry Moe

Presentation College (San F’do) (4-2-3-1): 28.Jabari Gray (captain); 3.Juaval Roberts, 5.Justin Cornwall, 27.Darnell Hospedales, 2.Zion Allen (24.Adica Ash 82) 15.Aleem Barclay, 6.Ackeel Jacob; 10.Jordan Riley, 9.Jaiye Sheppard, 18.Nkosi Charles (29.Jardel Sinclair 58); 7.Omri Baird.

Unused Substitutes: 1.Isaiah Williams (GK), 13.Markus Mason, 14.Tylon Roseman, 19.Terrell Noel, 20.Shakeem Julien.

Coach: Shawn Cooper

Referee: Joel Cox

RE­SULTS

QRC 1 (Darius Dickson) vs Cara­pichaima 1 (Kevon Williams)

Va­len­cia 2 (Dwight Yorke 33rd, 79th) vs Fa­ti­ma 3 (Mikhail Mc Com­mie 2nd, Luke Dar­went 52nd, 53rd)

St Mary's 4 Michel Poon-Angeron 7, Kyle Carrington 50, 59, Tyrese Spicer 86 pen) vs Trin­i­ty East 2 (J Mc Kree 9th, 20th)

East Mu­cu­rapo 2 (Daniel David 4th, Malachai 61st) vs St An­tho­ny's 0

San Juan 1 (Isa­iah Chase 59th) vs Pre­sen­ta­tion 1 (Jardel St Clair 83)

Na­pari­ma 2 (Nathaniel Per­ouse 25th, Jeron Pan­tor 64 pen) vs Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 0

2018 Fi­nal Pre­mier Di­vi­sion Stand­ing

Pos   Club   P   W   D   L   F   A   GD   Pts
1   Naparima   14   10   4   0   27   9   18   34
2   Presentation   14   10   3   1   30   12   18   33
3   San Juan   14   9   3   2   25   15   10   30
4   Carapichaima   14   7   3   4   25   22   3   24
5   St Benedict's   14   6   3   5   22   21   1   21
6   QRC   14   5   5   4   19   12   7   20
7   Mucurapo   14   6   2   6   24   21   3   20
8   Trinity Moka   14   5   4   5   21   31   -10   19
9   St Mary's   14   5   2   7   27   23   4   17
10   St Augustine   14   5   2   7   25   28   -3   17
11   Trinity East   14   3   7   4   15   15   0   16
12   St Anthony's   14   4   3   7   22   25   -3   15
13   Valencia   14   3   3   8   21   31   -10   12
14   Fatima   14   3   2   9   14   23   -9   11
15   Bishop's Tobago   14   0   2   12   12   41   -29   2
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:07:32 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2018, 06:22:48 PM »
WATCH: 2018 SSFL Champions, Naparima College, celebrate their title

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/75b-IjFoNsY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/75b-IjFoNsY</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blanchisseuse move into North InterCol quarters
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2018, 05:37:37 AM »
Blanchisseuse move into North InterCol quarters
By Andrew Gioannetti (T&T Newsday)

BLANCHISSEUSE Secondary secured their place in the quarterfinal round of the 2018 Coca-Cola InterCol North Zone competition after shutting out Tranquillity Secondary on penalty kicks yesterday.

The match ended in a 2-2 draw, before successful efforts from the penalty spot from Blanchisseuse, and missed efforts from two Tranquillity players, saw the winners into the last-eight round, where they will meet St Anthony's College.

The North Zone quraterfinals are scheduled for Monday.

The preliminary matches in the North Zone will continue today with two rescheduled matches, both carded to start at 3.30 pm. St Mary's College and Diego Martin Central will meet at St Mary's College Ground, Serpentine Road, while Fatima College will host St Francis College at the Fatima Ground, Mucurapo.

The winners of the first named match will meet Queen's Royal College on Monday. On Wednesday, the North Zone quarterfinals will continue with a meeting between East Mucurapo Secondary and Malick Secondary, followed by St Anthony's College versus Tranquillity.

The Central Zone quarterfinals will begin today with three fixtures. At 3 pm, Chaguanas North Secondary will play Cunupia Secondary, while Presentation College Chaguanas meet Gasparillo Secondary. At 5 pm, the last match of the day will feature a clash between Couva East Secondary and Preysal Secondary.

In the Tobago Zone quaterfinal opening matches, Speyside will take on Roxborough Secondary, while Signal Hill clash with Goodwill Secondary.

There will also be action in the East Zone with San Juan North meeting El Dorado West Secondary, and St Augustine Secondary facing El Dorado East Secondary. Those matches will kick off at 3 pm.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2018, 06:08:37 PM »
WATCH: St. Mary's College 4-2 Trinity College East

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/6XpzAe4Eh_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/6XpzAe4Eh_4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2018, 06:10:06 PM »
WATCH: St. Mary's College 4-2 Trinity College East

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6XpzAe4Eh_4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6XpzAe4Eh_4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »
Wow InterCol now include Div.2 teams.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2018, 01:42:17 AM »
Naps underline Dowlath's holistic vision.
By Vinode Mamchan (Guardian).

Two weeks ago there was a cel­e­bra­tion at Par­adise Pas­ture as 31 young men got the news that they had won na­tion­al aca­d­e­m­ic schol­ar­ships.

Fast for­ward to this past week and there was cel­e­bra­tion again at the Pas­ture, as 18 young men had just brought home the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion ti­tle in the Shell/First Cit­i­zens Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League.

This comes af­ter the Na­pari­ma Col­lege Un­der-14 crick­et team had lift­ed the South Zone ti­tle and fin­ished sec­ond in the na­tion­al race. The se­nior crick­et team placed sec­ond in both the league and In­ter­col crick­et tour­na­ments as well.

A very sat­is­fied prin­ci­pal Dr Michael Rawle Dowlath in an in­ter­view with Guardian Me­dia Sports said that the mantra at one of the na­tion's top learn­ing in­sti­tu­tions is a "holis­tic de­vel­op­ment".

He said, "We at the col­lege are very strong be­liev­ers that holis­tic de­vel­op­ment must take place with our boys or else we would have failed. When the boys come to Na­pari­ma Col­lege, they en­ter from vary­ing back­grounds and we try at the end of the day to have them read­ing from one hymn book.

"First­ly, we bring aware­ness to them that they must be their broth­er's keep­er. From here we build on that and when Na­pari­ma Col­lege goes out there to play, you can see the boys in the stands giv­ing their full sup­port and at the end of the day when suc­cess comes, they al­so to­tal­ly share in it."

The school has pro­duced a num­ber of schol­ars over the years and has been in a pur­ple patch un­der the lead­er­ship of Dowlath. The Pe­nal res­i­dent, who came to Na­pari­ma in 2006 from Iere High School, has been at the helm of a school that is revered in the coun­try.

Since 2006 to now, the school has brought home a to­tal of 364 schol­ar­ships and many of the young men have gone on to ex­cel­lent ter­tiary lev­el ed­u­ca­tion.

"We are very con­fi­dent when our guys move on from this in­sti­tu­tion that they will be of ben­e­fit to the coun­try. We at Na­pari­ma Col­lege fo­cus on mould­ing good gen­tle­men and that is what you get when you come here," said Dowlath.

"The teach­ers are very ded­i­cat­ed to the task and as it is with any school there are chal­lenges but the key is how you tack­le it and turn all neg­a­tives in­to pos­i­tives. The group of teach­ers here de­serves all the cred­it be­cause they work tire­less­ly in get­ting the job done. Many times they go be­yond the call of du­ty and as a re­sult, you see a school that is al­ways on the move up­wards."

The stu­dents at Na­pari­ma Col­lege un­der­stand who is in charge and this makes it eas­i­er for the teach­ers to go about their busi­ness. An in­ci­dent oc­curred dur­ing the high­ly charged Na­pari­ma ver­sus Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege foot­ball clash re­cent­ly. Stu­dents from both schools were chant­i­ng "not so nice things" about the oth­er and when the "Naps" boys start­ed a chant that was of­fen­sive, Dowlath rose to his feet, looked at them and im­me­di­ate­ly they grew silent.

He has al­so tak­en a keen in­ter­est in sports and cul­ture and tends to give this a lot of fo­cus. He called out a group of young crick­eters who were strug­gling in terms of win­ning match­es in 2017 and said to them: "You have the abil­i­ty to be cham­pi­ons, I have looked at the tal­ent here and I am go­ing to take a keen in­ter­est in your de­vel­op­ment."

He then guid­ed the sports de­part­ment in a cer­tain di­rec­tion in terms of giv­ing them the tools to har­ness the tal­ent and lo and be­hold, they were cham­pi­ons a year lat­er. He is very proud of this team in par­tic­u­lar

"They are the next gen­er­a­tion of Na­pari­ma Col­lege crick­eters and they know what is ex­pect­ed from them and they have bought nice­ly in­to the idea of rep­re­sent­ing their school with pride."

There are around 26 co-cur­ric­u­lar ac­tiv­i­ties that the school of­fers and Dowlath thinks this helps in bring­ing out the best in the stu­dents aca­d­e­m­i­cal­ly.

"We are hap­py to see the boys out on the field play­ing. I al­ways tell the teach­ers that boys will be boys, so we make al­lowances for that and the boys, in turn, re­pay us with good per­for­mances in the class­rooms."

As the school's tag-line goes "A Posse Ad Esse" (from pos­si­bil­i­ty to ac­tu­al­i­ty), the boys with heavy book bags strapped on their backs make the trip up the steep Par­adise Pas­ture hill with this at the fore.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2018, 01:47:03 AM »
Champs 'Naps' start Intercol title quest.
By Rachael Thompson-King (Guardian).

New­ly crowned Pre­mier Di­vi­sion cham­pi­on school Na­pari­ma Col­lege will be back on the field this af­ter­noon, chas­ing a sec­ond ti­tle in the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) when it faces La Ro­maine Sec­ondary in the South Zone quar­ter­fi­nals of the Co­ca-Co­la In­ter­col Tour­na­ment.

The teams will meet in the sec­ond match of a dou­ble-head­er at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la at 3.30 pm. The open­ing match-up will see Pleas­antville Sec­ondary tak­ing on Moru­ga Sec­ondary from 1.30 pm.

Na­pari­ma, coached by for­mer na­tion­al cap­tain An­gus Eve, en­ters this phase of the SS­FL as the lone un­beat­en team emerg­ing from the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion with an un­beat­able 34 points from 10 wins and four draws af­ter 14 rounds of match­es in the 15-team com­pe­ti­tion.

The South-based team will get its first taste of ac­tion since claim­ing the ti­tle on the fi­nal day of the Shell/First Cit­i­zens-spon­sored the com­pe­ti­tion on Wednes­day. En­ter­ing one point be­hind the then leader Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, Na­pari­ma need­ed a win against Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka. Pre­sen­ta­tion mean­while trav­elled to vis­it third-place San Juan North Sec­ondary, who were still in with a chance of win­ning the ti­tle when the match start­ed.

His­to­ry will show the in­tense round of match­es re­sult­ed with Pre­sen­ta­tion be­ing held by San Juan, 1-1 which helped de­cide the ti­tle as Na­pari­ma was bril­liant on the day against Trin­i­ty Mo­ka, pre­vail­ing with a 2-0 win and crowned the cham­pi­on.

Na­pari­ma's op­po­nent to­day La Ro­maine Sec­ondary earned the right to play in the quar­ter­fi­nal af­ter edg­ing Princes Town West, 1-0 on Thurs­day.

A dou­ble-head­er is al­so sched­uled in the North Zone In­ter­col com­pe­ti­tion this af­ter­noon at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um in Mu­cu­rapo, Port-of-Spain and will see three Pre­mier Di­vi­sion teams in ac­tion.

In the open­ing quar­ter­fi­nal match, Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC), who placed sixth, will seek to hold off the chal­lenge of Blan­chisseuse Sec­ondary at 3 pm while two hours lat­er, it will be the bat­tle of the "Saints" with St Mary's Col­lege (CIC) meet­ing St An­tho­ny Col­lege. CIC was a ninth-place fin­ish­er while St An­tho­ny's filled the 12th spot in the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion's fi­nal stand­ings.

The "West­moor­ing Tigers" of St An­tho­ny ’s made light work of St Fran­cis Col­lege on Fri­day, seal­ing an easy 8-0 vic­to­ry to reach the quar­ter­fi­nals.

RELATED NEWS

Naparima kick off South Zone InterCol challenge.
By Andrew Gioannetti (Newsday).

NAPARIMA College will play their first match since winning the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) Premier Division today when they face La Romaine Secondary in the South Zone quarter-final round of the Coca Cola InterCol.

The match will kick off at 3.30 pm at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, shortly after the conclusion of the first match, another South Zone quarter-final fixture between Pleasantville Secondary and Moruga Secondary, which is scheduled for a 1.30 pm kick-off at the same venue.

Another double-header will take place in the North Zone at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

In the opening match, St Anthony’s College, emphatic 8-0 winners over St Francis College in the North Zone preliminary stage last week, will meet Blanchisseuse Secondary at 3 pm.

Blanchisseuse advanced from the preliminaries, on Thursday, with a penalty shoot-out victory over Tranquillity Secondary following a 2-2 draw.

In the second fixture, scheduled for 5 pm, Queen’s Royal College (QRC) will meet St Mary’s College.

The two teams met already in the Premier Division in a goal-less at St Mary’s College Ground last month.

Tomorrow, the Tobago and East Zones will play their last two quarter-final matches, followed by the last two quarter-final matches in the North and South Zones on Wednesday.

The semi-final round will begin in the Central Zone on Thursday.

Fixtures

Today

South Zone quarter-finals

Pleasantvillege Secondary vs Moruga Secondary, Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella, 1.30 pm

Naparima College vs La Romaine Secondary, Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella, 3.30 pm

North Zone quarter-finals

Queen’s Royal College vs St Mary’s College, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Wrightson Road, 1.30 pm

St Anthony’s College vs Blanchisseuse Secondary, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Wrightson Road, 3.30 pm

Tuesday

Tobago Zone quarter-finals

Mason Hall Secondary vs Scarborough Secondary, Black Rock, 3.30 pm

Bishop’s High vs Pentecostal L&L, River Bank, Mt St George, 3.30 pm

Wednesday

East Mucurapo vs Malick Secondary, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Wrightson Road, 3 pm

Trinity College Moka vs Fatima College, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Wrightson Road, 5 pm

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:50:31 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2018, 01:50:22 AM »
QRC, Naparima advance to InterCol semis.

Queen's Roy­al Col­lege (QRC) yes­ter­day waltz in­to the se­mi-fi­nals of the Co­ca-Co­la In­ter­Col North Zone play-off with a con­vinc­ing 5-0 vic­to­ry over Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion cam­paign­ers Blan­chisseuse Sec­ondary at the Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um, Mu­cu­rapo.

And in the South, Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion cham­pi­ons Na­pari­ma Col­lege got a sin­gle strike from Isa Bram­ble to get its cam­paign off to a pos­i­tive start against La Ro­maine Sec­ondary at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um, Mara­bel­la.

QRC will now face old ri­vals St An­tho­ny's Col­lege for a place in the zon­al fi­nal next Mon­day at the same venue. The 'Tigers', rel­a­tive­ly tame dur­ing the just con­clud­ed Pre­mier Di­vi­sion League, roared loud­ly with a 1-0 tri­umph over strug­gling St Mary's Col­lege.

How­ev­er, the Roy­alians were the stars of the day, scor­ing four times in the space of 25 min­utes in the first half.

Their goals came from Dar­lon Gup­py, Dar­ius Dixon, Nathaniel James and Marc Robert­son, all com­ing in the open­ing pe­ri­od, while Jabari Mc Kell drilled the nail in­to the Blan­chisseuse cof­fin late in the sec­ond half.

Coach Nigel Groves­nor said he was sat­is­fied with the win but be­lieves his play­ers will have to strength­en them­selves men­tal­ly ahead of fu­ture match­es. "Our per­for­mances on the field, for the most part, were not matched by the re­sults, but in the lat­ter part of the Pre­mier­ship Di­vi­sion, we saw an im­prove­ment in our goal-scor­ing, as well as our ur­gency dur­ing match­es which has giv­en us con­fi­dence go­ing in­to the In­ter­Col. The on­ly thing, how­ev­er, is that this tour­na­ment is en­tire­ly dif­fer­ent from the League and any num­ber can play on match-days." Groves­nor ex­plained.

"In this form of the game, it is about who clicks on the day. As it is now I think we have as good a chance as any­one else and on­ly time will tell how far we will go from here," the QRC coach said.

In an­oth­er game in the south zone yes­ter­day, Pleas­antville Sec­ondary edged Moru­ga Sec 2-1 in the sec­ond match in Mara­bel­la.

YES­TER­DAY'S RE­SULTS

QRC 5 (Dar­lon Gup­py, Dar­ius Dixon, Nathaniel Jones, Marc Robert­son, Jabari Mc Kell) vs Blan­chisseuse 0

St An­tho­ny's 1 (Ian Cowie) vs St Mary’s College 0

Na­pari­ma 1 (Isa Bram­ble) vs La Ro­maine Sec 0

Pleas­antville Sec 2 (Sherwin Andrews, Turel Norton) vs Moru­ga Sec 1 (Antonio Molino)

Upcoming Fixtures

(Tuesday 13 November)

Speyside Secondary vs Roxborough Secondary, Quarterfinals C, 3pm, Goodwood;

Mason Hall Secondary vs Scarborough Secondary, Quarterfinals D, 3:30pm, River Bank, Mt George;

San Juan North vs Arima North Secondary, Quarterfinals B, 3pm, Larry Gomes Stadium;

Trinity College East vs Malabar Secondary, Quarterfinals E, 1:30pm, Larry Gomes;

(Wednesday 14 November)

East Mucurapo vs Malick Secondary, Quarterfinals G, 3:30pm, Hasely Crawford;

Trinity (Moka) vs Fatima College, Quarterfinals H, 5:30pm, Hasely Crawford;

St Benedict’s College vs Fyzabad Anglican, Quarterfinals E, 1:30pm, Mannie Ramjohn;

Presentation (San F’do) vs Pt Fortin East, Quarterfinals D, 3:30pm Mannie Ramjohn.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2018, 03:59:56 PM »
WATCH: North Zone Intercol Quarterfinals Highlights: St. Anthony's College 1-0 St. Mary's College; Queen's Royal College 5-0 Blan­chisseuse Sec­ondary; Fatima College 5-1 Diego Martin Central Secondary

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_PqsURkpcDY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_PqsURkpcDY</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2018, 11:16:32 PM »
Two teams playing in almost identical jerseys?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2018, 01:27:55 AM »
San Juan sinks Arima North 6-0.

Four dif­fer­ent play­ers scored goals that helped San Juan North Sec­ondary kick-off its In­ter­Col ti­tle quest to a pos­i­tive start when it de­feat­ed Ari­ma North Sec­ondary 6-0 in the quar­ter­fi­nal match-up of the Co­ca-Co­la Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) Play-offs. The match was the sec­ond of a dou­ble­head­er at the Lar­ry Gomes Sta­di­um in Mal­abar, Ari­ma, yes­ter­day.

San Huan which fin­ished third in the SS­FL Pre­mier Di­vi­sion got dou­ble strikes from Re­nal­do Boyce and Ma­lik Far­ri­er.

Boyce goals came in the 30th and 76th min­utes, while Far­ri­er al­so made a mock­ery of the Ari­ma North de­fence with goals in the 34th and 69th min­utes.

Eli­jah Gar­cia 12th and Tyrell Cameron (32nd minute) were the oth­er scor­ers for San Juan on the day.

Ari­ma coach Travis Mul­raine said he will de­liv­er his res­ig­na­tion to the school soon due to the lack of sup­port from prin­ci­pal Vish­nu De­bie and the teach­ing staff.

Mul­raine was open­ly crit­i­cal of the re­luc­tance by cer­tain teach­ers in the school to sup­port the foot­ball team which par­tic­i­pat­ed in the Cham­pi­onship Di­vi­sion of the SS­FL. The team, un­for­tu­nate­ly, fin­ished bot­tom of the stand­ings in the zone for the use of il­le­gal play­ers.

The win earned San Juan an easy pas­sage through to the se­mi-fi­nal of the east In­ter­Col where they are set to face Pre­mier­ship ri­vals Trin­i­ty Col­lege East on Fri­day. The Arou­ca school (Trin­i­ty East) al­so pro­gressed from the quar­ter-fi­nals by beat­ing Mal­abar Sec­ondary 4-1 at the same venue.

RE­SULTS

Spey­side 4 (Jonathan Thomas 3, Ronal­do Samuel) vs Rox­bor­ough 0

Scar­bor­ough 4 (Ja­heim Har­ry) vs Ma­son Hall 2 (Omar Daniel, Jeo­van­ni Gar­diner)

San Juan North 6 (Eli­jah Gar­cia 12th, Re­nal­do Boyce 30th, 76th, Ma­lik Far­ri­er 34th, 69th, Tyrell Cameron 32nd) vs Ari­ma North 0

Trin­i­ty East 4 vs Mal­abar 1

TO­DAY'S MATCH­ES

East Mu­cu­rapo vs Mal­ick Sec, 3pm, Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um, Mu­cu­rapo

Trin­i­ty Col­lege Mo­ka vs Fa­ti­ma Col­lege, 5pm, Hase­ly Craw­ford Sta­di­um, Mu­cu­rapo

St Bene­dict's vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can, 1:30pm, Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um, Mara­bel­la

Pre­sen­ta­tion vs Point Fortin, 3:30pm, Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um, Mara­bel­la

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 14, 2018, 06:20:29 PM »
WATCH: North Zone Intercol Quarterfinals Highlights: East Mucurapo Secondary 7-0 Malick Secondary; Trinity College Moka 4-1 Fatima College

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KvqTbcqxYWw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KvqTbcqxYWw</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'Pres', Benedict's, Mucurapo move on in InterCol
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2018, 05:55:12 AM »
'Pres', Benedict's, Mucurapo move on in InterCol

Pre­mier Di­vi­sion cam­paign­ers in the Sec­ondary Schools Foot­ball League (SS­FL) Pre­sen­ta­tion Col­lege, East Mu­cu­rapo, St Bene­dict's Col­lege and Trin­i­ty Mo­ka all ad­vanced to the se­mi-fi­nals in their re­spec­tive Co­ca-Co­la Zon­al In­ter­col play-offs yes­ter­day.

South­ern­ers Pre­sen­ta­tion, af­ter fail­ing to make a suc­cess­ful de­fence of the pre­mier­ship di­vi­sion ti­tle the team won in 2017, were con­vinc­ing 4-0 win­ners over Point Fortin East at the Man­nie Ramjohn Sta­di­um in Mara­bel­la. The team's pro­lif­ic goalscor­er Jor­dan Ri­ley was again on tar­get, net­ting twice in the vic­to­ry to take his tal­ly of goals to 12 so far this sea­son.

Ri­ley got the open­er in the 24th and added a sec­ond in the 68th. And with Point Fortin al­most with­out re­sis­tance in the match, Jer­rin Jack­ie and de­fend­er Justin Corn­wall added two more goals in the 73rd and 80th min­utes re­spec­tive­ly.

Pre­sen­ta­tion man­ag­er An­dre Ben­jamin said his team will at­tempt to give its best per­for­mance against a St Bene­dict's team that has been im­prov­ing with each match late­ly.

"With the Pre­mier Di­vi­sion ti­tle slip­ping out of our grasp, we could on­ly be­lieve that it was not God's will for us. From here on­wards we will take each game on its mer­it, start­ing with St Bene­dict's. We in­tend to give of our best and hope to get the re­sults," Ben­jamin said.

In the first game at the Mara­bel­la venue yes­ter­day, St Bene­dict's ham­mered Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec­ondary 9-0, with Aaron Rod­ney lead­ing the way with a beaver-trick and Yahtham Hen­ry get­ting a brace. An­drez Tal­lan opened the scor­ing for the St Bene­dict's boys in the 4th minute.

How­ev­er, Rod­ney lat­er took cen­tre stage with goals in the 28th, 29th, 34th and 84th min­utes, while Hen­ry's con­tri­bu­tion came in the 49th and 54th. The oth­er goals came from Rhowen Stew­art-Williams in the 9th and Jabari Jones in the 78th.

Ravi Ram­goolam, Bene­dict's man­ag­er said he is pre­dict­ing a tough match against Pres in the semis, but they will en­ter with con­fi­dence.

"We fin­ished strong­ly in the pre­mier di­vi­sion and we are hop­ing to con­tin­ue to do bet­ter in the In­ter­Col. I know we lost 3-1 to Pre­sen­ta­tion dur­ing the sea­son but that was as a re­sult of sim­ple blun­ders in de­fence, which we are hop­ing to strength­en-up on next week," Ram­goolam ex­plained.

RE­SULTS
St Bene­dict's 9 (An­drez Tal­lan 4th, Rhowen Stew­art-Williams 9th, Aaron Rod­ney 28th, 29th, 34th, 84th, Yahtham Hen­ry 49th, 54th, Jabari Jones 78th) vs Fyz­abad An­gli­can Sec­ondary 0
East Mu­cu­rapo 7 vs Mal­ick Sec­ondary 0
Pre­sen­ta­tion 4 (Jor­dan Ri­ley 24th, 68th, Jer­rin Jack­ie 73rd, Justin Corn­wall 80th) vs Point Fortin 0
Trin­i­ty Mo­ka 4 vs Fa­ti­ma 1

TO­DAY'S MATCH­ES
Cara­pichaima vs Cou­va East, 5 pm, Ato Boldon Sta­di­um, Cou­va
Pre­sen­ta­tion (Chag) vs Ch­agua­nas North, 3 pm, Ato Boldon Sta­di­um, Cou­va

1]; } ?>