March 28, 2024, 10:57:16 PM

Author Topic: 2022 Concacaf Women's Championship Thread  (Read 7800 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Concacaf Women's Championship Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2022, 09:26:20 AM »
 :applause:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
Pls. KJ is not a coach. He still needs to learn more about coaching. I look at the women's games, which are not good—a demonstration of abysmal coaching.

Let that soak in

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2022, 09:33:53 AM »
  When will we show support for those who  continue to make efforts to share what they have learned back to our shores? Yes sadly a prophet is never honoured in their own country- Witness all the former glory players who have amassed vast international experience and played under a variety of coaches.
Given the opportunity to come home and coached,  we have continued to make them sacrificial lambs in the slaughter house of TnT football_
tried in vain list: Corneal , Lawrence, Latapy, John, Hart, now we jumping on Jones and Edwards- to name a few.
these are players who have proven their worth over time- represented TnT . could we not provide support to let them prove over time what a winning program could look like?

You don't get a pass for bad and terrible coaching tactics simply because you were a past player.

These past players should develop themselves as coaches before taking or being given assignment as national team coaches.

The opportunity to coach the national team is a
serious one. Not give him ah bligh and see what happens!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2022, 11:46:52 AM »
As there are so many TTians with so much knowledge of the game and coaching requirements and their failures. Here’s a little exercise if one is so interested and dedicated.

List 3 available coaches you would like to interview. What salary and incentives are you willing to offer ?. What are your timelines and expectations? What will be their general duties ? How many scouting trips, training camps and friendly games can your organization afford them ?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 11:49:57 AM by maxg »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »
  When will we show support for those who  continue to make efforts to share what they have learned back to our shores? Yes sadly a prophet is never honoured in their own country- Witness all the former glory players who have amassed vast international experience and played under a variety of coaches.
Given the opportunity to come home and coached,  we have continued to make them sacrificial lambs in the slaughter house of TnT football_
tried in vain list: Corneal , Lawrence, Latapy, John, Hart, now we jumping on Jones and Edwards- to name a few.
these are players who have proven their worth over time- represented TnT . could we not provide support to let them prove over time what a winning program could look like?

You don't get a pass for bad and terrible coaching tactics simply because you were a past player.

These past players should develop themselves as coaches before taking or being given assignment as national team coaches.

The opportunity to coach the national team is a
serious one. Not give him ah bligh and see what happens!
agreed, but it seems like these jokers in trinidad never learn from previous mistakes. we saw it with latapy, lawrence, angus with the U23, and again with the U20, yet we still think giving these former footballers our national team so cheaply will somehow translate into automatic success.

i want to see TT football drop to it's lowest, because it seems like until these baboons realize that they have a serious problem and needs to get to the root of the problem instead of focusing on the leaves and the sour fruits, we will continue to disappoint in these regional tournaments. lets face it, trinis too bloody slack and shameless.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 12:07:45 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2022, 12:11:41 PM »
is licks until they get serious. just look at haiti and jamaica, they have less infrastructure and resources yet they are out performing us on every level. all these folks like to spend their money on is feting and a good times, but things to lift our quality of life, no one cares. it's shameful.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 11:52:48 AM by Flex »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2022, 02:35:42 PM »
Mexico fire their entire staff, what is T&T doing?  ??? 

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2022, 02:56:36 PM »
Learn from the hurt: Jones wants more pro experience for beaten Women Warriors
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior women’s team and head coach Kenwyne Jones are hurting after a heart-breaking 1-0 loss against Panama which ended their 2023 World Cup qualification journey on Monday.

But Jones said it was not the end of the line for his players, who will need to learn from the experience and come back stronger in future campaigns. He lamented a “moment of miscommunication or indecision” that allowed Panama to get the upper hand in Monday night’s contest in Monterrey, Mexico.

“It was a tough one but I think football is a cruel game...I think that our team were in control of a lot of the game but I think in the first half, that moment of miscommunication or indecision by two of our players coming together there and allowing them that pass outside to be able to get the cross (to eventually score) and from there we were caught reacting,” Jones told the media following the match.

“I think that put us on the backfoot. But in the end, if we were just a little more positive in continuing to move the ball through the midfield and getting in the attack, I think we would have had better chances but it is unfortunate. Of course, not being able to win the game, it hurts. But I think the team needs to take from this experience, learn from it and grow,” he added.

Unlike the other teams in the competition, Jones noted his squad only had an average age of 23 and contained a lot of university-level players.

“The gap between university football and the international level is a huge one. Most of the people we play against are professional players,” the T&T coach observed.

“Hopefully they can continue to grow and more of our players end up playing professionally so that the growth and development or our team and players can continue,” he noted, adding, “In all honesty, in my opinion the campaign could have gone on. I believe we could have won against Panama today.”

Jones continued: “I think we started off really, being able to solve a tactical change they made to their formation. We were dealing with it very well. Of course, when you have moments like this, you are in different emotions but for the team I hope that the building process for them continues to go on.” In terms of the immediate future of the T&T side, Jones said that was up to the administration but he reiterated the need to find and develop players who can go on to the professional level.

“We have to continue to find good players and players we can help mould. We need more players that are on the border of being professionals or are playing professionals. We need to close the gap. We need to get players who are more out there with different experiences and being able to get up to speed of the international game as well,” Jones concluded.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2022, 03:18:50 PM »
Jones clears up non-selection of YaYa, Cornwall for Women Warriors
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago women’s football team coach Kenwyne Jones has defended the non-selection of attacking players Kennya “YaYa” Cordner and Afiyah Cornwall on the squad, for the Concacaf W Championship in Mexico.

T&T had a dismal showing at the Concacaf W Championship, as they lost all three of their games in Group B – 6-0 to Canada (July 5), 4-0 to Costa Rica (July 8th) and 1-0 to Panama (on Monday).

Canada and Costa Rica qualified automatically for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, while Panama will compete in the 2023 World Cup inter-confederation play-offs in New Zealand.

Both Cordner and Cornwall did not feature in the women’s team for 2022.

The 33-year-old Cordner scored 34 goals in her debut season with Turkish club Fenerbache while Cornwall was one of T&T’s leading lights at the 2020 Concacaf Women’s Under-20 Championship.

Asked by Wired868 website’s editor Lasana Liburd, during Monday’s post-game presser, about the non-selection of the pair, Jones responded, “I think you know the story of both of them so it’s a bit redundant for you to be asking the question. But for that sake, I'll answer you on the forum.

“Kennya Cordner decided not to play because her teammate (Maylee Attin-Johnson) was not selected anymore. She decided not to play for the country.”

On January 29, during the team’s training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Jones said, “Nothing was done to Cordner. We do wish her well. I hope that she has all success in the future, but we have to continue.”

At that session, he mentioned, “(Maylee) has done a lot for the women’s game and I personally do wish her well. It is in my remit and our remit to be able to make decisions that is best for the (team). We do thank her for her will, her commitment but, at this point in time, we are going to go in a different direction.”

Attin-Johnson, who was the captain of the T&T team during their failed campaign to qualify for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada, was forthright in her view on the team, after the Panama game.

“My God does not sleep, He only wears pyjamas!!!!” and “A bunch of amateurs with high profile badges”, were some of the comments she posted on social media on Monday.

About Cornwall, Jones said, “She played Under-20 football about two years ago, was in the pool with the previous coach (James Thomas), was sent home for discipline reasons; tried to get into university but was sent home for discipline reasons again.

“In my tenure, I invited her to come to training, I spoke with her parents, to have a conversation with them and the player, and they never showed up. They had no intention of playing for the country, so I think the repeated question of why they weren’t selected needs to stop.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2022, 04:05:09 AM »

What's the next competitive outing for the WNT?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2022, 04:15:06 AM »
Jones clears up non-selection of YaYa, Cornwall for Women Warriors
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

TRINIDAD AND Tobago women’s football team coach Kenwyne Jones has defended the non-selection of attacking players Kennya “YaYa” Cordner and Afiyah Cornwall on the squad, for the Concacaf W Championship in Mexico.

T&T had a dismal showing at the Concacaf W Championship, as they lost all three of their games in Group B – 6-0 to Canada (July 5), 4-0 to Costa Rica (July 8th) and 1-0 to Panama (on Monday).

Canada and Costa Rica qualified automatically for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, while Panama will compete in the 2023 World Cup inter-confederation play-offs in New Zealand.

Both Cordner and Cornwall did not feature in the women’s team for 2022.

The 33-year-old Cordner scored 34 goals in her debut season with Turkish club Fenerbache while Cornwall was one of T&T’s leading lights at the 2020 Concacaf Women’s Under-20 Championship.

Asked by Wired868 website’s editor Lasana Liburd, during Monday’s post-game presser, about the non-selection of the pair, Jones responded, “I think you know the story of both of them so it’s a bit redundant for you to be asking the question. But for that sake, I'll answer you on the forum.

“Kennya Cordner decided not to play because her teammate (Maylee Attin-Johnson) was not selected anymore. She decided not to play for the country.”

On January 29, during the team’s training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Jones said, “Nothing was done to Cordner. We do wish her well. I hope that she has all success in the future, but we have to continue.”

At that session, he mentioned, “(Maylee) has done a lot for the women’s game and I personally do wish her well. It is in my remit and our remit to be able to make decisions that is best for the (team). We do thank her for her will, her commitment but, at this point in time, we are going to go in a different direction.”

Attin-Johnson, who was the captain of the T&T team during their failed campaign to qualify for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada, was forthright in her view on the team, after the Panama game.

“My God does not sleep, He only wears pyjamas!!!!” and “A bunch of amateurs with high profile badges”, were some of the comments she posted on social media on Monday.

About Cornwall, Jones said, “She played Under-20 football about two years ago, was in the pool with the previous coach (James Thomas), was sent home for discipline reasons; tried to get into university but was sent home for discipline reasons again.

“In my tenure, I invited her to come to training, I spoke with her parents, to have a conversation with them and the player, and they never showed up. They had no intention of playing for the country, so I think the repeated question of why they weren’t selected needs to stop.”

@NEWSDAY: seems more like Maylee doing the clearing-up of non-selection than KJ.

Incomplete statements constitute clarification, how?

The "pickle" for KJ seems to be how to render a complete statement without muddying himself. Scratch that ... without gehhin DUTTY. As it turns out, he should have realized mud and 'dut' was inevitable.

As I've suggested previously on this forum when he was 'inquisitioned' on SportsMax, this is still a story because he failed to kill it as a story. Iz like a water main buss and your solution is to stand there and stem the flow with your palms: at what point is it viable to walk away dry?

Notice by contrast how forthcoming he was about airing Cornwall's laundry. Dahis VERY instructive.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 04:19:02 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2022, 05:14:36 AM »

Mexico fire their entire staff.  We can do the same thing. And we can also fire the entire normalisation committee first. Just saying
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 05:16:20 AM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2022, 05:34:33 AM »
Yuh cyah fire who yuh didn't hire.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2022, 06:46:03 AM »
Mr kenwyne Jones ah wonder what do you have to say , now that Cornwall and her parent have spoken as it relates to your claim of indiscipline ! Looks like somebody is less than truthful . Could it be you mr Jones ?

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2022, 09:31:48 AM »
is licks until they get serious. just look at haiti and jamaica, they have less infrastructure and resources yet they are out performing us on every level. all these monkeys like to spend their money on is feting and a good times, but things to lift our quality of life, no one cares. it's shameful.

I find it very offensive that you could refer to people as baboons and monkeys.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2022, 11:05:42 AM »

Mexico fire their entire staff.  We can do the same thing. And we can also fire the entire normalization committee first. Just saying
Yes indeed we can fire the entire normalization committee, but then we will be like the cheese, standing alone. No FIFA affiliation, no FIFA subventions, no participation in international competitions under the auspices of FIFA, etc, etc. We will have to revert to the North vs South classic, Jabloteh vs W Connection, Trinidad vs Tobago, perhaps a practice match vs Grenada. Just saying!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2022, 12:35:38 PM »

Mexico fire their entire staff.  We can do the same thing. And we can also fire the entire normalization committee first. Just saying
Yes indeed we can fire the entire normalization committee, but then we will be like the cheese, standing alone. No FIFA affiliation, no FIFA subventions, no participation in international competitions under the auspices of FIFA, etc, etc. We will have to revert to the North vs South classic, Jabloteh vs W Connection, Trinidad vs Tobago, perhaps a practice match vs Grenada. Just saying!

Okay, so who do you think hire the coach. The TTFA under the auspices of the NC. THe TTFA cannot do anything until they get the go ahead of the NC. THE NC is running our football. When will the NC allow for the next election ?

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2022, 12:17:33 AM »
I agree with a lot of what KJ said the women game has  also gone professional most of the Jamaican team play professional football T&T only had 2 professional players on there team the days of bringing collage players from the U S A to play in international tournaments is over .

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2022, 05:17:09 AM »

Okay, so who do you think hire the coach. The TTFA under the auspices of the NC. THe TTFA cannot do anything until they get the go ahead of the NC. THE NC is running our football. When will the NC allow for the next election ?
Of course the NC is running our football presently. It is my understanding that the NC will allow for the next election when FIFA's objective of regularizing the affairs (financial & otherwise) of the TTFA is achieved. That could be a long time in coming, so grab your popcorn.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2022, 08:36:00 AM »

Of course the NC is running our football presently. It is my understanding that the NC will allow for the next election when FIFA's objective of regularizing the affairs (financial & otherwise) of the TTFA is achieved. That could be a long time in coming, so grab your popcorn.

So there you have it. With all the money that flowing in the upper echelons of the society, how the hell the NC can't get money from them to resolve the situation. We have blame all the past TTFA admins. for the inability to get money for football. Now we have the NC with a big money man at the helm and we wallowing in mediocrity for over a year now. I hope they not expecting govt to bail them out.

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2022, 12:46:45 PM »
  does anyone know when the NC will  restore  governance back to a TTFA board? well guess we eh need ah TTFA  the NC operating like one - ent dat the normal way we does operate. Good of FIFA to rename we football governance as a Normalization.

good to go- One of them appointed find the football el dorado and cric crack  story done

1]; } ?>