March 29, 2024, 03:02:20 AM

Author Topic: Johnny Hamilton Thread  (Read 3946 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Johnny Hamilton Thread
« on: August 01, 2018, 10:57:26 AM »
T&T’s Hamilton signs with NBA’s Pistons

T&T’s Johnny Hamilton has signed with the Detroit Pistons in the NBA.

“What a day to be alive. Thanks to the almighty, my family and coaches for having my back and helping me grow into the man I am today. I couldn’t do it without y’all,” said Hamilton in a Facebook post yesterday.

“Thanks to the @detroitpistons for granting my first opportunity to be a Professional Athlete. I look forward to this year as I take on a new chapter in my life. I also want to thank everyone that had something to do with me getting to this chapter. Whether negative or positive contributions y’all were all part of God’s plan for me.”

Hamilton originally of Rio Claro where he started playing for Warriors in that Community league before joing NBS Ambassadors that campiagned in the Mayaro Basketball League. He joins the “Bad Boys” of Detroit which will feature NBA All Stars post-player Andre Drummond and Blake Griffin.

Hamilton played on the Pistons during the Las Vegas Summer League after going undrafted in the 2018 draft. He wasn’t a starter for the team but looked like the best centre on their roster.

Hamilton is seven feet tall and weighs 230 pounds, so he brings some size to the Pistons frontcourt.

Hamilton started his college career at Virginia Tech where he played sparingly in two seasons before transferring to the University of Texas-Arlington where he was given an opportunity to play.

He averaged 11.1 points per game last season and 8.1 rebounds while shooting 63 per cent from the field. He can also protect the rim a bit as he averaged 2.3 blocks.

Last month, in the Summer League, Hamilton had eight points and grabbed three rebounds in Detroit’s 105-97 against New Orleans Pelicans. Detroit also defeated Timberwolves 64-59 and had losses to Memphis Grizzlies 73-70 and Milwaukee Bucks 90-63.

T&T’s Johnny Hamilton signs on the dotted line.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Johnny Hamilton Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 12:35:11 PM »
Absolutely fantastic. Good luck.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »

Here is his journey

Hopefully he get a lot of playing time next season. Will be watching the Pistons closely

http://socamusictv.blogspot.com/2018/08/t-national-johnny-hamilton-signs-with.html

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:01 PM »
Etienne Catalan
‏ @EtienneCatalan

Johnny Hamilton (@johnny_tall) will wear number 24 with the #Pistons. #NBA

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »
Etienne Catalan
‏ @EtienneCatalan

Johnny Hamilton (@johnny_tall) will wear number 24 with the #Pistons. #NBA

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 05:55:53 PM »
Detroit Pistons long shot Hamilton waving Trinidad and Tobago flag  🇹🇹 🏀

Trinidad and Tobago isn’t exactly a basketball hotbed.

That’s why Detroit Pistons center Johnny Hamilton is a big deal in his home country.

Trini media publications hailed the news when Hamilton announced on social media that he signed a one-year, partially guaranteed deal after playing well for the Pistons’ summer-league team in Las Vegas.

Read More https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2018/10/01/detroit-pistons-johnny-hamilton/1487098002/

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 06:32:54 PM »
HIGHLIGHTS: Big man Johnny Hamilton came ready to play tonight, posting 13 points, 11 rebounds & 5 blocks in the victory!

https://twitter.com/grdrive/status/1063997695633833992

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »

NBA G League

Johnny Hamilton  led the Grand Rapid Drive to victory on Wednesday evening, posting CAREER-HIGHS in PTS (21), REB (13), BLK (6) and AST (4)! 👏👏👏

https://twitter.com/i/status/1065431421517484033
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:32:05 AM by royal »

1]; } ?>