March 28, 2024, 12:04:36 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Iran Game (15-Nov-2018)  (Read 10808 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Iran Game (15-Nov-2018)
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2018, 10:34:44 AM »
Venezuela playing Qatar. To this day, I am confused as to why we do not play Venezuela in Trinidad, surely we would get a decent turnout for that game with the amount of Venezuelans in Trinidad.

It will be like ah home game for Venezuela.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
Not a bad result. Good performance! A clear improvement. Iran a strong team imo

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2018, 12:19:44 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago’s 1-0 loss to Iran

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6_Bq9TvzFwA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6_Bq9TvzFwA</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2018, 01:17:36 PM »
Lewis should have done better on the chance created by Peltier. Deft touch by Peltier, massaging the ball with the outside of his boot. That created deception and bought time for Lewis to make up ground. Tricky ball? Yes, but still reasonable to expect a better outcome from NL.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »
We need more players and fast to gel with what we have. A creative midfielder to complement Hyland's bustling, a few more defenders and a striker. Lawrence mentioned in his last interview when announcing the squad for this friendly that he's looking to recruit players from abroad and there should be two more in addition to Frenderup that should join by the turn of the year. I had a look earlier and noticed that Ryan Innis is now listed as a TnT national. Hopefully he's one of many to join up https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-inniss/profil/spieler/183284

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2018, 02:45:31 PM »
Jadon Sancho and Shaq Moore up against each other right now, England v USA

Two lost opportunities one more than the other. What could have been.....
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »
Highlights look like goal-scoring practice for Iran. Can they defend ? In most cases, I see we give them the ball and shots. Must have been an arrangement.  :D

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »
Highlights look like goal-scoring practice for Iran. Can they defend ? In most cases, I see we give them the ball and shots. Must have been an arrangement.  :D
I thought so myself,Iran is a better team,we know that,but you said it mate.They don't even close down man with ball.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2018, 03:39:44 PM »
Venezuela playing Qatar. To this day, I am confused as to why we do not play Venezuela in Trinidad, surely we would get a decent turnout for that game with the amount of Venezuelans in Trinidad.

It will be like ah home game for Venezuela.

Dude, stop making sense, nah!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Head Coach Dennis Lawrence

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ri7_K-_tib4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ri7_K-_tib4</a>

WATCH: Post-match comments from Iran Head Coach Carlos Queiroz

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0PiTn0ZqVjE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0PiTn0ZqVjE</a>
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 07:46:14 PM by Tallman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2018, 09:28:09 PM »
Jadon Sancho and Shaq Moore up against each other right now, England v USA

Two lost opportunities one more than the other. What could have been.....

Dude, you still crying over them. They were not interested.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2018, 10:39:06 PM »
We need more players and fast to gel with what we have. A creative midfielder to complement Hyland's bustling, a few more defenders and a striker. Lawrence mentioned in his last interview when announcing the squad for this friendly that he's looking to recruit players from abroad and there should be two more in addition to Frenderup that should join by the turn of the year. I had a look earlier and noticed that Ryan Innis is now listed as a TnT national. Hopefully he's one of many to join up https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-inniss/profil/spieler/183284

With respect to this Mr. Deeks
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2018, 11:51:49 PM »
If those highlights are an accurate reflection on the passage of play throughout the match, the final
Score flattered us significantly.

Other than that missed opportunity from the Peltier cross (a beauty by the way), we did absolutely nothing on offense and looked poor in defence.  Iran #10 was taking target practice....in open play!

BTW coach, is “the Iranian people or the Iranian team”.  Not “Irani”

I think you get them mixed up with Iraq
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:56:40 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2018, 05:06:12 AM »
T&T Senior Men show grit in 1-0 defeat away to Iran.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Senior Men put on a gritty, composed and workmanlike showing against Iran as they fell 1-0 to a 50th minute item in Thursday’s International Friendly at the Azadi Stadium in Tehran.

Karim Ansarifard scored the lone item in the 50th minute after T&T Warriors held their own in the first half to go into the interval at 0-0 against an Iran team that has qualified for three of the last four FIFA World Cups and managed a 1-1 draw with Portugal at Russia 2018.

There was a minute silence before kick off in remembrance of former T&T defender Jlloyd Samuel who played in Iran for just over three years before tragically losing his life in a car accident in England in May.

T&T actually had the first real look at goal as early as the second minute when a long delivery by skipper Khaleem Hyland was picked out by Joevin Jones who went for goal and surprised everyone with the effort which rebounded off the upright. It was an early scare for the hosts and a signal that Lawrence’s men meant business on the chilly evening. It was one of the few days that didn’t contain rainfall in the four days that the T&T team had been in Tehran but the persistent showers during the week has caused a heavy outfield which posed some challenges to both teams. But the game was not short of activity as the 11,000 fans soaked up the action.

Nottingham Forest’s Ansarifard had a 31st minute penalty stopped by goalkeeper Marvin Phillip who later confessed that he knew Ansarifard would go down the right after reviewing video reports by the team analyst this week. The ball fell for the Nottingham Forest forward but he could only blast over bar.

T&T continued to show tenacity and stood up to the aggression of the hosts. On 44 minutes, Lester Peltier, in his first match in three years for T&T, forced himself into a good position on the right and cleverly played one over with the outside of his right boot but the onrushing Nathan Lewis could not connect well enough from the six yard. Skipper Hyland and Paul teamed up well in the middle of the park while the backline of Sheldon Bateau, Daneil Cyrus, Tristan Hodge and Alvin Jones were never intimidated by the 2018 World Cup participants.

Cordell Cato and Duane Muckette came off the bench in the second half to put in a good shift while National Under 20 forward made his senior international debut ten minutes from time against an Iran outfit that included nine members of their 2018 World Cup squad in Russia with six of them starting the encounter.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago (4-2-3-1): 1.Marvin Phillip (GK); 16.Alvin Jones, 18.Triston Hodge; 5.Daneil Cyrus, 4.Sheldon Bateau,  8.Khaleem Hyland (captain); 19.Nathan Lewis, 10.Ataulla Guerra (13.Duane Muckette, 61′), 3.Joevin Jones (7.Cordell Cato, 71′); 11.Lester Peltier (17.Isaiah Lee, 80′),23.Leston Paul,

Unused substitutes: 21.Nicklas Frenderup (GK), 22.Adrian Foncette (GK), 2.Aubrey David, 21.Jomal Williams.6.Keston Julien, 15.Curtis Gonzales,12.Akeem Humphrey,

Head Coach: Dennis Lawrence.

Iran (4-1-4-1): 22.Hossein Hosseini (GK); 2.Vouria Ghafouri (23.Ramin Rezaeian 77), 4.Rouzbeh Cheshmi, 14.Hossein Kanaanizadegan, 3.Ehsan Hajsafi; 26.Ahmad Nourollahi; 16.Mehdi Torabi (28.Sadegh Moharrami 58), 7.Masoud Shojaei (captain) (21.Ashkan Dejagah 58), 10.Karim Ansarifard (24.Ali Gholizadeh 77), 11.Vahid Amiri (9.Omid Ebrahimi 58); 27.Kaveh Rezaei.

Head Coach: Carlos Quieroz.

Videos

Dennis Lawrence's post match comments after 1-0 loss to Iran

Iran's head coach Carlos Queiroz's Post Match Comments after 1-0 win over T&T

Highlights with Iran vs Trinidad & Tobago

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2018, 06:37:12 AM »
WATCH: For those who missed the live broadcast, here is the full game:
https://vimeo.com/301046500#t=1800s

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2018, 07:56:19 AM »
T&T Senior Men show grit in 1-0 defeat away to Iran.
TTFA Media.

T&T continued to show tenacity and stood up to the aggression of the hosts. On 44 minutes, Lester Peltier, in his first match in three years for T&T, forced himself into a good position on the right and cleverly played one over with the outside of his right boot but the onrushing Nathan Lewis could not connect well enough from the six yard. Skipper Hyland and Paul teamed up well in the middle of the park while the backline of Sheldon Bateau, Daneil Cyrus, Tristan Hodge and Alvin Jones were never intimidated by the 2018 World Cup participants.

On the left.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »
Not playing a cohesive brand of football under Lawrence...

In fact we have lost our offensive sting and confidence of fighting back...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2018, 01:31:20 AM »
Queiroz: Good future ahead for Warriors.
T&T Guardian Reports.

On the heels of a 1-0 tri­umph over the T&T “So­ca War­riors” in an in­ter­na­tion­al friend­ly match in Tehran, Iran on Thurs­day, Iran’s coach Car­los Queiroz said, he was im­pressed with the lev­el of com­pe­ti­tion by the vis­it­ing T&T team.

Queiroz, a for­mer Por­tu­gal na­tion­al coach who was an as­sis­tant to coach­ing mae­stro Sir Alex Fer­gu­son at Man­ches­ter Unit­ed, told the T&T me­dia in a rare dress­ing room in­ter­view, it was a good out­ing that was ham­pered on­ly by the play­ing con­di­tions.

“To­day, un­for­tu­nate­ly, the pitch was not so good for both teams as it has been rain­ing a lot in Iran but I think at the end of the day, there were lots of ben­e­fits for both sides. Since 2014 we have not met each oth­er,” Queiroz said.

“A lot of things changed, some play­ers still in the (T&T) team, and two or three play­ers still in my team but with the same qual­i­ty, same at­ti­tude and it was great to have this op­por­tu­ni­ty to play against T&T.”

“I was im­pressed with the abil­i­ty of the team to fight, to play and to counter-at­tack. I am sure al­so that un­der oth­er con­di­tions the team would be much bet­ter. It was un­for­tu­nate that with the state of the grass it was not pos­si­ble for the skil­ful play­ers of Iran and es­pe­cial­ly the skil­ful play­ers of T&T to ex­press them­selves.”

Hav­ing played against the T&T team four years ago, Queiroz said he has seen tremen­dous im­prove­ments, say­ing the team is much more com­pact, more ag­gres­sive and more or­gan­ised with young fresh blood in it.

“I think you guys have a good fu­ture ahead of you,” said Queiroz. “I want to show my grat­i­tude for this op­por­tu­ni­ty to work to­geth­er with T&T. It is al­ways a fan­tas­tic op­por­tu­ni­ty for our play­ers be­cause we play against play­ers with good tech­nique, speed, great at­ti­tude and phys­i­cal pow­er, and it’s al­ways an op­por­tu­ni­ty for us to learn and progress.”

Iran won the match cour­tesy of a lone strike from Karim Ansar­i­fard in the 50th minute at the Aza­di Sta­di­um.

Queiroz’s op­po­si­tion num­ber Den­nis Lawrence, the T&T coach al­so ex­pressed sim­i­lar sen­ti­ments.

“It was a very good, com­pet­i­tive game. Ex­act­ly the type of game we ex­pect­ed. As I said be­fore, Iran is a very ex­pe­ri­enced team and I think tonight (Thurs­day) both teams ben­e­fit­ted from the ex­er­cise. I was pleased with the ef­fort of my boys but as I said, well done to Iran on the vic­to­ry tonight (Thurs­day).

“You can see the Irani team is well coached. They all knew what they were do­ing, but we came pre­pared for the game so it was not go­ing to be easy for them. I felt in the first half we al­lowed Iran too much pos­ses­sion and we tried to cor­rect it in the sec­ond half which I thought we did. There weren’t many chances for us but we got a few.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2018, 11:13:24 AM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Captain Khaleem Hyland reflects on 1-0 loss to Iran

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pJGc4JNttlo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pJGc4JNttlo</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2018, 01:33:52 AM »
Hyland, Bateau banking on continuous improvement.
TTFA Media.

Experienced Trinidad and Tobago duo Sheldon Bateau and team captain Khaleem Hyland are hoping to see a continuous run of improvement by the National Senior Team as the build up continues to next June’s CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Both players reflected on Thursday’s 1-0 defeat to Iran in Tehran, following the match in which they pointed out that the T&T team was able to compete with the 2018 World Cup participants but now needs to put in the extra effort in order to achieve positive results against such quality opponents.

“The effort from everyone was great. It was a heavy pitch and a tough game. We all know Iran is a tough team with their participation at the last two World Cups. They have had good coach for a very long time in Carlos Queiroz and a lot of experience an they showed they had a good game today,” Hyland told TTFA Media “ We stuck with them until we conceded an easy goal. I think maybe we decided a bit later to push the throttle and go all out.

In terms of what he felt was the biggest take away from the encounter, Hyland added, “The attitude is what we can take away from this game. The willingness to fight, to help each other and be willing to sacrifice until the last minute was great and we just have to take that on board. I can see the team is getting stronger and we just have to continue until the Gold Cup.

“You can clearly see we’ve played very well. We came out victorious against UAE and then we lost to a soft goal against Thailand similar to what happened tonight versus Iran. But the work effort and the ability of players, willing to work and fight shows what the coach wants us to do. Clearly his message is being passed on to the guys and it is being picked up by them,” Hyland stated

Kazakhstan-based defender Sheldon Bateau felt there were some factors to be pleased with.

“I want to commend the team on its effort which I felt we did well with. Result wise it was disappointing because I think we have what it takes to play with these teams and get a result. Iran was definitely a good team. They play at a high level consistently. We played in spurts. For me personally I want to see the guys work more on themselves. I think if we can have some individual improvement then as a team we can do much better,” Bateau said.

Iran head coach Carlos Queiroz said after the match that he has seen growth in the T&T side since the last meeting between both teams in Sao Paolo in 2014 and the former San Juan Jabloteh player commented on that, saying “ “Before we had good players and even a good coach but I guess football is a sport where you have your moments. I think now we are in a good moment. Most of the players have been together for a while and working with coach Dennis for a while also. I think we have seen the improvement game by game and you saw it with the last three performances. It’s just for us as individuals to keep improving and working on things that needs improvement as we look ahead to the Gold Cup next year and the next World Cup qualifying campaign.”

The T&T-based contingent of the squad returned home on Saturday morning following a fourteen-hour journey from Tehran to New York via Dubai prior to the final four and half hour trip to Port of Spain.

T&T Captain Hyland reflects on Loss to Iran

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
Bateau's comments were noteworthy in regards to individual improvements on the team, I like the fact he's making reference to it and holding players accountable as a senior player on the squad.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Playing for T&T with pride
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »
Playing for T&T with pride
By Andre Baptiste (T&T Guardian)

As the T&T foot­ball team slumped to the ground in dis­ap­point­ment, the stand­ing ova­tion from the crowd of 15,000 Iran­ian fans, was not on­ly sig­nif­i­cant for its ob­vi­ous ap­pre­ci­a­tion but rather more for the ac­knowl­edge­ment from a home crowd that the vis­i­tors had per­formed above ex­pec­ta­tions.

Be­fore the start of the match in Tehran, most of the Iran­ian me­dia were quite cer­tain, this would be an easy day,

"Iran has been on the im­prove since the World Cup and our play­ers are look­ing at mak­ing a strong state­ment to­day (Thurs­day)," one con­fi­dent Iran­ian jour­nal­ist told us.

"T&T de­feat­ed USA, we know that, so this is our way to show that our foot­ball has grown over the years and at this stage, we are look­ing ahead to tough tests in 2019. We ex­pect to win around 3-0,” added an­oth­er Iran­ian jour­nal­ist.

As the team set­tled in­to Iran, the T&T unit un­der the lead­er­ship of Den­nis Lawrence has to­tal­ly be­come a close-knit unit, and giv­en the lead­er­ship qual­i­ties be­ing shown by the se­nior play­ers, it is ev­i­dent that the mo­men­tum of this team is quite pos­i­tive.

Lawrence has in­stilled a dis­ci­pline and fo­cused ap­proach among a gen­er­al­ly young group of play­ers who are aware that the qual­i­ty of their play will at least guar­an­tee them fair con­sid­er­a­tion for se­lec­tion.

When you re­move favouritism or nepo­tism from any se­lec­tion pol­i­cy, in­trin­si­cal­ly you build a "buy-in" from all play­ers and es­sen­tial­ly com­mand their re­spect. And for me and for all of us this should be ex­treme­ly im­por­tant.

This is a trust that works both ways be­cause when play­ers be­lieve that you are be­ing hon­est with them, good, bad or in­dif­fer­ent, they lis­ten and pay at­ten­tion and in Iran, it was ob­vi­ous that the team spir­it is grow­ing.

A new play­er (goal­keep­er Nick­las Fren­derup) was eas­i­ly wel­comed and adapt­ed to the at­mos­phere. To the cred­it of the man­age­ment staff in Iran, be­sides the work be­ing done by Lawrence, there was some­thing else hap­pen­ing as I watched Stern John, Stu­art Charles Fevri­er, Sam Hug­gins and Ross Rus­sell in­ter­act with the play­ers, there was a clear sense that every­one was on the same page. It was clear there was one goal.

When the team ar­rived in Iran, thanks to a great wel­come par­ty or­gan­ised by T&T-born Rae Ann and her hus­band, the team was treat­ed to many won­der­ful meals and an ear­ly taste of Iran­ian food and hos­pi­tal­i­ty, and to­tal­ly en­joyed them­selves.

On the field, I would like T&T to recog­nise the to­tal com­mit­ment and ef­fort from cap­tain Khaleem Hy­land, this young man wears his team’s heart on his sleeve and I tru­ly get the feel­ing that he would do any­thing for this team and play­ers on the field.

As to the match it­self, goal­keep­er Mar­vin Phillip has grown not on­ly in stature but in con­fi­dence and was yet again out­stand­ing for his coun­try, his penal­ty save was splen­did jus­tice for dis­parag­ing ref­er­ee­ing and with Adri­an Fon­cette, has the back­up, our goal­keep­ing is in safe hands go­ing for­ward.

Both Daneil Cyrus and Shel­don Bateau look in­sep­a­ra­ble in de­fence, to­geth­er with wing-backs Alvin Jones and Tris­tan Hodge, de­fen­sive­ly we are be­gin­ning to look sol­id again, notwith­stand­ing there is al­ways fur­ther work and im­prove­ment pos­si­ble.

Le­ston Paul is a fire­brand of a play­er as he ab­sorbed a lot of pres­sure on the night but found both ac­cu­rate pass­es and con­trolled touch­es when the team re­quired such. Lester Pelti­er re­turned to the team and looked like he had nev­er been away, he has ma­tured and his fu­ture looks bright once he re­mains fo­cused.

Every time, I watch Nathan Lewis in ac­tion, he im­press­es more and more, with his ef­fort both in de­fence and at­tack as well as his po­si­tion­ing, as he al­ways seems to get him­self in the best scor­ing po­si­tions pos­si­ble. Both Jo­evin Jones and Ataullah Guer­ra gave their best, par­tic­u­lar­ly in the first 45 min­utes, be­fore trav­el­ling ex­er­tions and lack of re­cent reg­u­lar com­pet­i­tive foot­ball re­spec­tive­ly would have cut short their par­tic­i­pa­tion and best ef­forts on the night.

Young­sters Du­ane Muck­ette, Jo­mal Williams, Ke­ston Julien Akeem Humphrey and Isa­iah Lee are cer­tain­ly will­ing and able and along with the more ex­pe­ri­enced Aubrey David, Cur­tis Gon­za­les and Cordell Cato are breath­ing fresh life in­to the foot­ball.

We can on­ly await the re­turn of Levi Gar­cia, Shah­don Win­ches­ter and Kevin Moli­no head­ing in­to next year. When play­ers com­pete for places, it can on­ly ben­e­fit the team.

Let us con­tin­ue to give our sup­port in ac­tion, not in words. As for oth­ers, the truth hope­ful­ly will open their eyes go­ing for­ward.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2018, 04:23:04 PM »
WATCH: Danish-born goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup talks about his first time experience with Trinidad and Tobago

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XMuJcqLOSSY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XMuJcqLOSSY</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2018, 08:33:09 PM »
I say next friendly let's take the 2 foreign born goalkeepers and see how they do.

1]; } ?>