March 28, 2024, 04:48:09 PM

Author Topic: Ah make yuh out  (Read 2336 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ah make yuh out
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »
Yes, that is me, back row.
Left to right: Johnathan Wills, Ulric Butcher, me, Peter DeCoteau, Keith Weekes(deceased), Sam Phillips, yes that Sam Phillips, Gerard Homer, Richard Chinapoo
Front: Winty Hackett(deceased), Germaine Reyes, Curtis Murrel.

I think this was taken in Toronto. Our uniforms(don't laugh) was the best. Made by DaCosta.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:48:07 PM by Deeks »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 08:54:50 AM »

Priceless pic!

1974?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 10:15:36 AM »

Priceless pic!

1974?

Yes indeed, it was 1974! just left school. It is indeed priceless. We have a lasting friendship even if we don't correspond as frequently. In 1984 we had a reunion. We played against the 1984 team with Clint Marcelle. They brought Latapy  in the 2nd game we played in Arima. He was not part of the squad but he was selected. He was pretty good then. He scored in that game. They won 1 -0.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 08:58:36 PM »
Deeks,

I remember that 84 game. I was living in TT then and I think it was a warm up game for the Nat. Youth team.

I seem to remember Granville or Carter or both playing in that game.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 01:48:59 PM »
Deeks,

I remember that 84 game. I was living in TT then and I think it was a warm up game for the Nat. Youth team.

VB

That game was at the velodrome. Carter was in goal. They were preparing for the Concacaf youth tournament which was to be held in TT.  The team had some very good players. I think they lost to the US on pks in the semis. Not sure, because I had left to come back state side. It was nice being home. I spent a month.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 06:32:05 PM »
Deeks,

VB

That game was at the velodrome. Carter was in goal. They were preparing for the Concacaf youth tournament which was to be held in TT.  The team had some very good players. I think they lost to the US on pks in the semis. Not sure, because I had left to come back state side. It was nice being home. I spent a month.

That was the yr before in the U 16 tournament.

I think the US did beat us in the quarter or something like that. However in the group stage we lost to Guyana 2-1.

Marcelle, Faustin, Hutson Charles, Prince, Leonson Lewis, Remy were some of the names on that team.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 08:24:37 PM »
Deeks,

VB

That was the yr before in the U 16 tournament.

I think the US did beat us in the quarter or something like that. However in the group stage we lost to Guyana 2-1.

Marcelle, Faustin, Hutson Charles, Prince, Leonson Lewis, Remy were some of the names on that team.

VB, I saw the first game in HCS. I remember Guyana had a dougla guy named Arjoon. He string up the TT keeper with a 30 yards shot. Thanks for pointing out the names because I could not remember  most of them. l I remembered  3 of them. Marcelle, because he was on the right side giving me thunder. Especially the first game in Skinner Park. Sean Walkes. Kendall Walkes younger brother. There was also a kid called Eric Miller. They said he was a diamond in the rough and was expecting big things from him. But I did not hear about him after that. Then that team had some real good guys

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 10:46:36 PM »
I remember Sean Walkes but I wasnt sure so I refrained.

There was Don Harry from South, the GK. Got dropped after the Guyana game.

Could be wrong but maybe Ross Russel was there too.

Also Warner brought in a guy from Toco that he had "discovered." I believe it ws him playing on the left and goingto great pains to get the ball onto his right foot before shooting.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 04:04:51 PM »

Also Warner brought in a guy from Toco that he had "discovered." I believe it ws him playing on the left and going to great pains to get the ball onto his right foot before shooting.

Yep, the guy Jack discovered was indeed the left-footed guy. I think his name was Eric Miller. But overall the team was pretty good. Unfortunately, they did not qualify.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 12:25:44 PM »

Also Warner brought in a guy from Toco that he had "discovered." I believe it ws him playing on the left and goingto great pains to get the ball onto his right foot before shooting.
Also Dexter Sandy.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »

Also Dexter Sandy.

Yep. He was there also.

1]; } ?>