April 26, 2024, 01:06:17 AM

Author Topic: Carib pours millions onto Soca Warriors.  (Read 8660 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Carib pours millions onto Soca Warriors.
« on: November 18, 2005, 05:58:55 PM »
Carib pours millions onto Soca Warriors.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Carib Brewery have come big in rewarding the National Football Team and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation for qualifying for Germany 2006 by pouring TT$10,000,000 onto the new World Cup finalists.
This was announced at a media briefing at the Mandela Hall of the Dr Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence on Friday evening, a day after the team members received tremendous receptions from thousands of fans upon their arrival from Bahrain.
CEO of Carib Brewery, Andrew Sabga extended heartiest congratulations to the team and this was well received by Special Advisor to the TTFF, Jack Warner and TTFF President Oliver Camps. Carib also launched a new TV ad portraying the team’s success.
Carib gives $10 million to Soca Warriors.
By: By Jovan Ravello (Guardian).
[/size]

Sabga: Something beyond our wildest expectations.
Andrew Sabga, chief executive officer, Carib Brewery Limited, whose Carib Lager is the official beer of the Soca Warriors and who is one of T&T’s most visible corporate sponsors of the senior national team, yesterday presented the T&T Football Federation with a cheque for TT$10 million.
The money will provide assistance to the Soca Warriors over four years as they seek to build on their current success.
Sabga spoke about Carib’s ongoing commitment to sport to an audience at the Nelson Mandela Room, Joao Havelange Centre of Excellence, Macoya, which included Commissioner of Police Trevor Paul, T&TFF special advisor Austin Jack Warner, T&TFF president Oliver Camps, national team manager Bruce Aanensen, and former national goalkeeper Lincoln “Tiger” Phillips.
“There is a great deal for our country to be proud of” he said. “This is indeed a significant achievement for a nation as small and as young as ours.
“We experienced something beyond our wildest expectations. The match was breathtaking and the result more so, as it unleashed an outpouring of national pride and joyful unity that we rarely see.
“You did T&T proud and we applaud you.”
Sabga singled out coach Leo Beenhakker and his assistants, the T&TFF executive, and Warner for their contribution to the team.
Of the FIFA vice president, Sabga said, “his unwavering commitment to the development and progress of football at all levels in T&T is undeniable.”
Sabga reaffirmed his Carib’s “unequivocal support to the national squad as they go non-stop to Germany.
“He underlined the need for the unit to have the best preparation in the build-up to the World Cup, which kicks-off in June 9.
Sabga said: “We are in this for the long haul and we believe in laying the foundation for future years.
Sabga called on the players to embrace their significantly enhanced role model status to effect positive change in the youth off T&T.
Camps, the team manager during the ill-fated 1974 qualification campaign, cautioned that the team to be prepared to do its best at the tournament and thanked Carib for helping in this effort.
He called on the nation to “Let us go together to Germany.”
The announcement of Carib’s assistance evoked emotions from Warner, whose demeanour turned from being pensive to one of joy.
Warner began his reply by tracing the partnership between T&T football and Carib as far back as the campaign for the 1974 World Cup to the present and made it clear that “today’s sponsorship seems to be a matter of course.”
The outspoken Warner said that he was “thrilled and pleased” with Carib’s pledge, observing that the Soca Warriors made another bit of history by becoming not only the smallest country to qualify, but also on the smallest budget.
Warner revealed that the feat completed on Thursday with a 1-0 win over Bahrain at the Rafa Stadium, Manama, Bahrain, cost just under $5 million.
He said that qualification costs for the 31 other teams who have qualified for Germany would be in the region of $18 to 42 million.
While noting that just like the Soca Warriors’ historic victory, Carib’s action was well-timed, Warner sought to draw something other than euphoria from the event.
He asked that after all the partying and fanfare that the nation ask itself “what values have we learnt from this exercise.”
In this regard, he drew on the words of Prime Minister Patrick Manning, who conceded that “a football match has done what no politician could.”
Warner went on to promise the Soca Warriors assistance to Commissioner Paul in the fight against crime in T&T, saying “you cannot do it alone, but together we can succeed.”
Warner produced correspondence from FIFA which read: “We are pleased to inform you that your country’s national team has qualified for World Cup 2006.”
The e-mail referred to the team as the Soca Warriors, a moniker adopted earlier in the campaign, but abandoned later.
Warner revealed that the fans’ refusal to drop the “Soca” was significant and so once again it is the official name of the team on its way to Germany.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 03:46:07 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Carib pours millions onto Soca Warriors.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 06:05:52 PM »
Check dem. Yes man!!!!  Keep it pouring. Ah love it!!!! as Andre Samuel would say.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 06:10:07 PM »
So firing Nakhid for blasting them Syrians did good then....

10 million dollars is a GREAT help......

Thank you Carib...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 06:12:30 PM by Flex »

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 06:10:41 PM »
De could sure as hell afford Beenie now.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 06:10:54 PM »
Life funny just three months ago if TTFF did ask for a dollar Carib would of laugh at them look know I remember when we had a bone to pick with them for sponsoring St Kitts and not us but I still love it. 
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 06:16:14 PM »
Boy after d amount of Carib and Stag I see on dem pics after we win dey prob just givin that money back...dem boys smart and wait til den..watch dem after Carnival now...iz a next donation.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 06:40:57 PM »
well done.... carib walkin de walk, no side step business,

bam!!!! rest de money on the table.... that is how ah like it....

my beer, buh ah wonder how much of that is my money, all them carib and sandy sorrel i does drink....
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 10:07:36 AM by marcus »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 06:44:09 PM »
well done.... carib walkin de walkin, no side step business, bam!!!! rest de money on the table.... that is how ah like it.... my beer, buh ah wonder how much of that is my money sah all them carib and sandy sorrel i does drink....

Allyuh good yes. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 07:12:47 PM »
sh*t man, they taking it from regional cricket. is not big set of generosity yuh seeing here.  >:(

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 07:13:35 PM »
Yeah man. Put yuh money where yuh mouth is.  Time for corporate TT to step up to the plate.  Forget bout them full page ads to congratulate the team.  We want de $$$$
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 07:22:12 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 07:18:27 PM »
yea man big up to carib

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2005, 07:19:32 PM »
wha ever happen to Carib Strong?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2005, 07:23:15 PM »
AH hear that beer used to make man vein stand up in they head.  Too strong for ah beer.  Yuh might as well drink liquor, if you want ah beer so strong.

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
I always thought people did fraid it woulda make them a bullaman like Chris Garcia, since he was supposed to be the "model" behind it.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 07:38:46 PM »
Potato go easy dread!!!! ;D ;D ;D

TrinInfinite

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2005, 07:44:35 PM »
nice tuh hear, more money 4 warriors, de team comin, we comin

vibes it up

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2005, 07:49:40 PM »
it was bound to happen
carib grinn dem teeth whole ah wednesday and thursday....bars were DRY
is the only way dem could say thanks

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2005, 07:52:13 PM »
and who else eh ?

the no.1 drink of the footballers in and out the football game
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2005, 04:09:09 AM »
Well, I'm very glad for them.....

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 05:30:34 AM »
dais gud to hear well done carib

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 05:49:59 AM »
Allyuh .. I gald that the team getting money .. 10 mil is a great deal.....

But my issue is this... CARIB was always there, they en now pop up... The Team needed support a long time now... CARIB NOW come on the scene.. ONLY now.... And thjat hurts me...

Imagine there are LOTS of tax incentives for big business to invest in sport.. They now decide to come aboard and support... Now I glad WE get the money eh... BUt SHIT MAN... They could have showd that faith in the team Long before.... That my friends Wreaks of waggonism..... Plain and simple and It will take me a while for me to fully embrace CARIB...

Last saturday at the Game, I was glad that The Announcer made it a POINT to Call the sponsors that stuck with the team from the word GO.. TSTT, BUSTA, KFC... then never forsake the team.. that is love.. I love them.... i guh keep mih kiss mih arse TSTT phone.. no Digicel for me... Imagine, instead of Digi putting a congratulatory messgae in the papers for the team, the put a picture of a Football next to an appliance TSTT was to buy for their interconnet stories... It was of poor taste in my book....

ANYWAY... CARIB.. thanks for the 10 mill.. WE en guh refuse money.. But for me to fully embrace yalll.. You hadda come up reall good..
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:58:22 AM by oconnorg »
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>