April 16, 2024, 03:39:04 PM

Author Topic: The National Anthem  (Read 6920 times)

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
The National Anthem
« on: December 02, 2005, 10:46:22 AM »
ah only hope everybody on dis site know the T&T National Anthem and could sing it proudly and accurately when we go 2 Germany next year.  Ah see in the stadium for the last few football matches people sticking when they singing de National Anthem (Shame Shame Shame!)

Laters

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: The National Anthem
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:47:41 AM »
And everybody hands by their sides please!

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 11:21:34 AM »
Quote from: Themanfriday on December 01, 2005, 04:59:14 AM
I am not sure but do they play the National anthems before every match. Then our should be done but Steel Pan. Red black and white should be the colors for fa\ns alike while here in Germany. Soca DJ's should come with their music arrangements can be made for places for them to play. I know a great deal of places.

Day in TTFF have to do this before EVERY game and hand out a pamphlet that gives a brief history of the Steelband AND the WORDS of the NATIONAL anthem.

Doesn't a FIFA ban go into place in Jan 2006 for a halt to all National Anthems being played before games after the Switzerland/ Turkey debacle?

I believe it is to be replaced by the FIFA "world" Anthem ... apparently something similar to the Olympic anthem model ... and following in the footsteps of the Champions League Anthem.

Actually, if the ban was placed on all National Anthems, it would be awesome if all the Trini fans in the stadium sang the anthem (standing at attention and no waving or eating hotdogs) after the lining up and presentation of the teams.

I saw that whenever the Scots and English square off, the English boo the Scots anthem, and the Scots in turn sing a traditional song that drowns out the English anthem. A little bit of hostility ... but I'm sure that it hypes up the players a whole lot more and gets the adrenalin pumping early on .... something that Trini teams are known to lack at the beginning of the games. Maybe we need to fire them up a bit.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 11:36:09 AM by Tallman »

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 11:44:29 AM »
i had heard someting bout dat
so that is the final decision day Rotato Poti?

dunno about it being a final decision ... but I know that they were looking for a solution to avoiding further crowd trouble, and found that alot of games between bitter rivals that the disrespect of anthems just further riled up the opposign fans against each other.

that's taking hatred to a whole new level.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 11:44:50 AM »
If Birch learn the anthem perfectly arredi it should have bullpistle waiting for any local who cyar sing the anthem word for word - in tune....
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 04:00:12 PM »
Okay lets make sure no one has any excuses not to know the words from now, so those who can't remember, refresh allyuh memories now!

T&T NATIONAL ANTHEM                         

Forged from the love of liberty,
In the fires of hope and prayer,
With boundless faith in our Destiny,
We solemnly declare,
Side by side we stand,
Islands of the blue Caribbean Sea,
This our Native Land,
We pledge our lives to Thee,
Here every creed and race finds an equal place,
And may God bless our Nation,
And may God bless our Nation.

Our Nation's Motto: Together we aspire, Together we achieve" -as found on our Coat of Arms speaks for itself and promotes harmony in diversity for national achievement.

T&T NATIONAL FLAG

Colours are Red, White and Black.

Red is the colour most expressive of our country. It represents the vitality of the land and its people; it is the warmth and energy of the sun, the courage and friendliness of the people.

White is the sea by which these lands are bound: the cradle of our heritage; the purity of our aspirations and the equality of all men under the sun.

Black represents for us the dedication of the people joined together by one strong bond. It is the colour of strength, of unity, of purpose and of the wealth of the land. The colours chosen represent the elements Earth, Water and Fire which encompass all our past, present and future and inspire us as one united, vital, free and dedicated people.

NATIONAL INSTRUMENT

The National Instrument of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago The steelpan is a musical instrument indigenous to Trinidad and Tobago whose early evolution dates back to the 1930's and 40's. Traditionally made from a steel drum or container, it is a definite percussion instrument in the idophone class. The playing surface is divided into convex sections by channel, groves and / or bores and each convex section is a note tuned to a definite pitch. The range and assortment of today's instruments makes it possible to execute the simplest of melodies to the most complex arrangements found in orchestration.

NATIONAL BIRDS

The National Birds, which are represented on the Coat of Arms of Trinidad and Tobago, are the Scarlet Ibis, which represents Trinidad, and the Cocrico, which represents Tobago.

OUR NATIONAL FLOWER

The national flower, the Chaconia, (Warszewiczia Coccinea (Vahl) Kl.), called "Wild Poinsettia" or "Pride of Trinidad and Tobago" is a flaming red forest flower of the family Rubianceae. The title is in honour of the last Spanish Governor of Trinidad and Tobago Don Jose Maria Chacon. This flower, which is known by its long sprays of magnificent vermillion, will be in bloom on every anniversary of our Independence. As an indigenous flower it has been witness to our entire history. It can therefore be said to represent the imperishability of life and the continuity of our Nation. With its colour matching the flaming red of our Flag and Coat of Arms and bearing the same symbolism, the Chaconia harmonizes with the other national Emblems.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 04:26:24 PM »
yes some of our players put there hands accross there chest when d anthem playing shame shame. what is dat? we have 2 copy everything we see? steups. hands by your side plz
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 04:30:08 PM »
Okay lets make sure no one has any excuses not to know the words from now, so those who can't remember, refresh allyuh memories now!

T&T NATIONAL ANTHEM                         

Forged from the love of liberty,
In the fires of hope and prayer,
With boundless faith in our Destiny,
We solemnly declare,
Side by side we stand,
Islands of the blue Caribbean Sea,
This our Native Land,
We pledge our lives to Thee,
And may God bless our Nation,
And may God bless our Nation.

Our Nation's Motto: Together we aspire, Together we achieve" -as found on our Coat of Arms speaks for itself and promotes harmony in diversity for national achievement.

T&T NATIONAL FLAG

Colours are Red, White and Black.

Red is the colour most expressive of our country. It represents the vitality of the land and its people; it is the warmth and energy of the sun, the courage and friendliness of the people.

White is the sea by which these lands are bound: the cradle of our heritage; the purity of our aspirations and the equality of all men under the sun.

Black represents for us the dedication of the people joined together by one strong bond. It is the colour of strength, of unity, of purpose and of the wealth of the land. The colours chosen represent the elements Earth, Water and Fire which encompass all our past, present and future and inspire us as one united, vital, free and dedicated people.

NATIONAL INSTRUMENT

The National Instrument of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago The steelpan is a musical instrument indigenous to Trinidad and Tobago whose early evolution dates back to the 1930's and 40's. Traditionally made from a steel drum or container, it is a definite percussion instrument in the idophone class. The playing surface is divided into convex sections by channel, groves and / or bores and each convex section is a note tuned to a definite pitch. The range and assortment of today's instruments makes it possible to execute the simplest of melodies to the most complex arrangements found in orchestration.

NATIONAL BIRDS

The National Birds, which are represented on the Coat of Arms of Trinidad and Tobago, are the Scarlet Ibis, which represents Trinidad, and the Cocrico, which represents Tobago.

OUR NATIONAL FLOWER

The national flower, the Chaconia, (Warszewiczia Coccinea (Vahl) Kl.), called "Wild Poinsettia" or "Pride of Trinidad and Tobago" is a flaming red forest flower of the family Rubianceae. The title is in honour of the last Spanish Governor of Trinidad and Tobago Don Jose Maria Chacon. This flower, which is known by its long sprays of magnificent vermillion, will be in bloom on every anniversary of our Independence. As an indigenous flower it has been witness to our entire history. It can therefore be said to represent the imperishability of life and the continuity of our Nation. With its colour matching the flaming red of our Flag and Coat of Arms and bearing the same symbolism, the Chaconia harmonizes with the other national Emblems.

Yuh sure is not de Balizier dah is de national flower? ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 04:52:27 PM »
ya forget one boss

National Pass Time

Wining, Drinking and Macoing

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 05:33:17 PM »
I noticed the hands by the heart thing at home and in Bahrain -  oh lawwwwwwd Trinis could copy people eh? 

It is a VERY American thing - I don't see other countries' citizens doing it - but I notice it more becoming our culture.....WHYYYYYYYYY????  Because they see it on TV so it must be cool to do.....if I had one wish it's that Trinis would lead more and follow less.....I will tell u if is one thing we could learn from Jamaicans is that - lead and people will figure it out in time....doh conform......sigh :-[
BORN TO DO IT

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 05:46:52 PM »
Very beautiful words to the Trini National Anthem.  I wish our national anthem was similar.  Unfortunately ours is about god saving one woman.  Considerin how much wealth she has she don't need saving.   
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 05:54:43 PM »
If Birch learn the anthem perfectly arredi it should have bullpistle waiting for any local who cyar sing the anthem word for word - in tune....

For real I really saw that Birchal didn't know the anthem but he sang it for the last two games I was very pleased.  ;D If there are Trinis that are born and bred here that either do not know the anthem or refuse to sing it then we need to ship them out to sea. >:(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 06:00:53 PM by nobody_s angel »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 05:57:53 PM »
I will be glad to lead the anthem in Germany with that .  Let's see how many of all yuh could sing it drunk - it ent go be like Bahrain, Tallman, we could definitely drink in the stands in Germany lol
BORN TO DO IT

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 06:00:54 PM »
yeah wen i see de hand on de chest i does get vex...daz american ting...hands at the side and stand up straight...pple does be pose up slouching all kinda ting...how hard it is to stand straight for a two mins for we song?!!
Back in Trini...

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 06:01:39 PM »
Very beautiful words to the Trini National Anthem.  I wish our national anthem was similar.  Unfortunately ours is about god saving one woman.  Considerin how much wealth she has she don't need saving.   
:rotfl: the queen ha real bank in trute.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 06:32:01 PM »
big up man like Pat Castagne who write the anthem who must be shaking he head in shame

Més que un club.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »
For the foreign based on the board who asking bout anthem

The woodbrook playboyz.......yes that is a pan side

Have played the anthem on their instruments for the entire WC campaign.

Also The Hasely crawford Stadium have a big flikking screen and the words does scroll up when the anthem playing.

Yuh have no excuse as a Trini to not know the anthem.

ALyuh never sing that every day in Primary school and Once a week in secondary school or wha.

In fact alyuh acting like yuh never write on a trinpad copybook and see that, along with the creed, with the formula and times tables on the back cover.

In fact to push the envelope even further, how much of alyuh youngsters know the TT creed?

If yuh even watch rikki tikki yuh go know it.

Lemme hit alyuh the first line

I solemnly swear to dedicate my life to the service of my God and my Country.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 07:03:16 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline supaselectuh

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2005, 07:15:11 PM »
ya forget one boss

National Pass Time

Wining, Drinking and Macoing

yuh forget liming

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2005, 09:26:51 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

thanks partner...yeah yuh anthem kinda outta order a bit..

Ah surprised men still doh know dey anthem...like dey didn't have assembly in school

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2005, 09:40:15 PM »
For folks who may have never seen a steel pan- the only instrument to be invented in the 21st century - or seen or heard a steelband in operation..... enjoy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/womad2005/renegades.shtml

http://ethnonet.gold.ac.uk/illustrations/ch6illustrations/610blincolnenterprises/welcome.html

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/trafalgar_square/steelpan/index.jsp

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 09:54:23 PM »

Also The Hasely crawford Stadium have a big flikking screen and the words does scroll up when the anthem playing.

ALyuh never sing that every day in Primary school and Once a week in secondary school or wha.

In fact alyuh acting like yuh never write on a trinpad copybook and see that, along with the creed, with the formula and times tables on the back cover.

In fact to push the envelope even further, how much of alyuh youngsters know the TT creed?

2nd line
I will honor my parents, my teachers and my elders and those in authority.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 10:06:45 PM »
Touches boy what ya just do meh....now ah feeling like ah back in standard 3 getting cutass for not remembering dey "patriotic" songs

So, ah giving ya a couple of dey "oldies" lemme see if ya remember dem.

GOD BLESS OUR NATION
Marjorie Padmore

God bless our nation
Of many varied races
May we possess that common love
That binds and makes us One.
Let it be known around the World
That we can boast of Unity
And take a pride in Our Liberty.

OUR NATION'S DAWNING ( I ain't know who wrote this one)

Come, come away, hail to the day
This is our land's great morning
Birds in the trees waft to the breeze
Songs of our nation's dawning.
Hummingbird bright, lend your delight,
Ibis your scarlet feathers;
Kiskadee call, summon them all
This is a day of wonders!

Primary school days....DE BEST DAYS yes   :beermug:
white lumpy milk and biscuit, cutarse, batabullet, ping pong and recess

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 10:16:56 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah Trinpad copybook yes!!! memories dey yes, used to have one set of gyul numbers in d back ah mine by d times tables...dat was before ah knew what to do wit dem, jus did it in primary school cause meh older partners used to talk about dem tings

if ah knew den what ah know now.... :devil: :devil:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 10:26:28 PM »
cm103 lemme tell ya something nah

you was dey biggest thing in primary school when ya had one ah dey following:

1. ya lunch kit had ah picture ah superman...in my case wonder woman full with sweetdrink (solo) and ah burger from chick-ah-burg
2. ya couldah fight anybody in school
3. ya mudder NEVER  buss ya arse in dey school yard
4. ya fadder had dey latest datsun 120Y and he picking half ah dey school to go home when it rain
5. ya bata bullet was dey whitest thing and ya get cutarse if ya mash it
6. miss did like ya
7. ya get licks with dey belt/ruler/whip/etc and ya ain't cry

allyuh continue it nah
 :beermug:

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 10:59:34 PM »
For folks who may have never seen a steel pan- the only instrument to be invented in the 21st century - or seen or heard a steelband in operation..... enjoy

may i say that it is the only acoustic intrument invented in the 20th century

oops!!

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2005, 12:09:34 AM »
cm103 lemme tell ya something nah

you was dey biggest thing in primary school when ya had one ah dey following:

1. ya lunch kit had ah picture ah superman...in my case wonder woman full with sweetdrink (solo) and ah burger from chick-ah-burg
2. ya couldah fight anybody in school
3. ya mudder NEVER  buss ya arse in dey school yard
4. ya fadder had dey latest datsun 120Y and he picking half ah dey school to go home when it rain
5. ya bata bullet was dey whitest thing and ya get cutarse if ya mash it
6. miss did like ya
7. ya get licks with dey belt/ruler/whip/etc and ya ain't cry

allyuh continue it nah
 :beermug:

TriniCana...lemme respond in kind

1. Ah had a Hulk lunchkit WITH d matching thermos....yes...everybody wanted to be me
2. Ah didn't have tuh fight, it was 16 boys to around 45 girls, we was too busy running a "who score is keeper' wid d dench as a goal an a solo bottle, back before d days of 16 and 20 oz.
3. Meh mudda threaten a few times but never make it dat far
4. Meh ole man run d latest Bluebird buy in 1983, he say d 120 was too small and if ah vex him in dat car he coulda reach me too easy to throw meh out d window. Only ting dat stop him in d Bluebird was meh moms.
5. Meh BATA had fins on it and some velcro straps, used to have to wash dem every weekend in a bucket and hang dem by d tongue plus shoe polish Sunday night.
6. Miss did love me
7. Ah bawl meh eyes out oui...but dem girls did feel sorry an want to hold meh hand and hug meh up...ah tell yuh, if i knew what to do in dem days....

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2005, 12:16:31 AM »
big up man like Pat Castagne who write the anthem who must be shaking he head in shame

For real...He son is a football coach in Barbados..Runs a very good football program..Go on competitions in england etc. Played under him for year wen i lived there..Never in trinidad i see such professionalism in the running of a football team of many age groups
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>