April 25, 2024, 08:14:52 AM

Author Topic: All-Manning whip T&T SSFL All-Stars.  (Read 13493 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
All-Manning whip T&T SSFL All-Stars.
« on: December 07, 2005, 07:01:35 AM »
All-Manning whip T&T SSFL All-Stars.
By: Andrew Hancel, Observer Reporter.
[/size]

We stuck to the game plan, says coach Hunt.
Goals from Andre Fagan, Keammar Daley and Craig Hunter helped the Coporate Area's All-Manning football team to a 3-1 beating of the Trinidad and Tobago All-Stars at Constant Spring Sport Complex yesterday. Striker Lester Peltier scored the lone goal for the Trinidadians.
With just eight minutes gone in the game, the All-Manning team took the lead through Fagan, who fired a fierce shot past goalkeeper Leston Shade as the David Hunt-coached aggregation sought their footing early in the proceedings.
The young Soca Warriors were unperturbed by the early setback, however, as they held their composure and displayed superior technique and cohesion.
They would be rewarded for their discipline 10 minutes later when Peltier weaved his way through the belly of the Jamaica midfield while shaking off some three defenders before unleashing a grounder into the far corner of the goal.
And though they went into the half-time break a goal down, the scoreline could have been different as Peltier's flick-on from a right-sided free-kick crashed off the upright.
Further, midfielder Elton John's singing shot from point-blanked range from inside the six-yard box miraculously sailed over the crossbar.
Jamaica College skipper Daley, who is also the All-Manning captain, scored from the penalty spot after the referee called for a handball infringement inside penalty-box two minutes from the break.
The changes were fast and furious in the second half as both coaches - Hunt in particular - strove to give the other players on the bench some exposure.
All of nine changes were made by the winning Manning Cup standard-bearers, compared to five made by the visiting team as the game picked up pace, yet lacked intensity for the majority of the second period.
While the Jamaicans took control in the process, the visitors lost two of their better players in Khaleem Hyland and John due to injuries sustained earlier in the game which forced them to be substituted.
In spite of this glitch, however, the All-Manning team were kept at bay until the final minute of official play when substitute Hunter headed home from a Jermaine Allen cross.
Despite being outplayed in the end, Selris Figaro, coach of the Trinidad and Tobago all-star team, was not disappointed.
"Jamaica outplayed us so we have to just rebound and come again," he said with a smile.
Hunt, meanwhile, praised his opponents for their good showing, but said his team basically stuck to the game plan and therefore came away with the victory.
"I think they (Trinidadians) stuck to the task. At first they upset our rhythm in the game, but we settled down well after that," he said. Tomorrow, the visitors will go up against the Carl Palmer-coached All-daCosta Cup team at Brancourt Park in Clarendon.

All-Manning midfielder Troy Watson (left) challenges T&T All-Schools' Jamal Wiggins for possession during their challenge match at Constant Spring Complex yesterday. The All-Manning team won, 3-1. ...(Photo: Garfield Robinson).
Jamaicans outclass Trinidad and Tobago side.
By: Howard Walker, Staff Reporter.
[/size]

The ALL-Manning selection scored an easy 3-1 win over the Trinidad and Tobago All Schools team in the first leg of the Jamaica/Trinidad and Tobago (T&T) Friendship Trophy at the Constant Spring Complex yesterday.
Goals by Andre Fagon in the seventh, captain Keamar Daley's penalty in the 43rd and Craig Hunter's header in the 90th propelled the local boys to their convincing victory.
The dangerous Lester Peltier held off two defenders before rifling a low shot past diving Oneil Wilson in goal in the 20th minute to briefly give his team some parity.

TWO-GOAL ADVANTAGE

The All-daCosta Cup team will now have a two-goal advantage going into tomorrow's second-leg game at Brancourt, Clarendon starting at 3:00 p.m. Winning coach, David Hunt, said the game was one of "spurts".
"We started excellently, got a goal and then we just went to sleep before Trinidad slowly took over the game. Then we got back and dominated," Hunt, the coach of Manning Cup champions Calabar, said.
"It's a matter of concentration and hopefully these players will get some more exposure at the international level to see different styles," he noted. I think we should have scores at least two more goal. But we did our part for the All-daCosta Cup team, " he added.
Meanwhile, Selris Figaro, coach of the Trinidad schoolboys had no doubts about which team was the better. "You all outplayed us, totally," said Figaro. "You were faster to the ball and more aggressive. Our players were messing around and making mistakes.
"This Jamaican team was making no mistakes. We'll have to bounce and recover for the next game," he said. The All-Manning team, decked out in black shorts and yellow and black tops, started the game with six players from champions Calabar.
The local boys got off to a fast start when in the seventh minute Norman Manley striker Fagon collected a ball in the box and fired past the diving Leston Shade in goal.
But T&T fought back through the speedy and dangerous Lester Peltier, Akil DeFreitas, Elton John and Elijah Mannors.

FORGED AHEAD.

In the 20th minute, Peltier won a ball from Norman Bailey in midfield and held off two defenders before placing his shot wide of Wilson.
But two minutes before the break, the All-Manning team forged ahead from the penalty spot as captain Daley easily converted. The expected unlimited changes came in the second half as the prolific Jermaine Allen, Craig Hunter, Wayne Walker and Kenardo Forbes entered the fray.
And with time running out, it was the combination of Forbes and Hunter that got All-Manning their third goal. Forbes, out of Bridgeport High, sped down the right flank and crossed perfectly to Hunter who could not miss with his header from close range.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: All-Manning whip T&T SSFL All-Stars.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 07:58:43 AM »
Well boy..... next time they go pick some Arima players... hahahahahahha...

Atleast we was missing some of we better players.... where is Javed Mohammed, Brentn Balbosa, Leston Paul, Franz Husbands, Mark Rivers and Sean DeSilva... Fatima have some good players they buy too, all missing...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:05:55 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 08:00:24 AM »
Oh Boy... Brace for RF...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 08:09:18 AM »

Atleast we was missing some of we better players....

Sam...that Jamaica schoolboy team is made up of players from Kingston schools (Manning cup) only. Players from the other 13 parishes schools (DaCosta Cup) werent selected for this game.

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 08:39:58 AM »
Well is all-Manning, If they was playing all-Panday, they woulda win for sure...
Must rhyme with an O

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 08:41:40 AM »
Well is all-Manning, If they was playing all-Panday, they woulda win for sure...

LAWD HAVE MUSSY!!  Wha does do allyuh fellah dred
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 09:38:36 AM »

Atleast we was missing some of we better players....

Sam...that Jamaica schoolboy team is made up of players from Kingston schools (Manning cup) only. Players from the other 13 parishes schools (DaCosta Cup) werent selected for this game.

I hadda admit that Ja schoolboy football higher in quality that T&T football rite now, them fellas beat us last year in TT twice, now again in Ja. Not to mention the U-15 tourney they had the odda day.
Most of it comes down to the shock factor I am sure in these games, Trini players not used to the tempo that Ja players play at ie the speed and aggression. I could just see the TT players being brutalised yesterday in constant spring and wondering what was going on. It took me a full year to get used to playing scrimmage and big goal in kingston with them fellas.
The more important point of concern for TT is that this is another area we usually were much better than Ja in the past, usually swamping the Ja schoolboys home and away too, but things have changed.
We have to look at improving the quality of the league.
I think it get too watered down recently.
I know they were looking at reduced game schedules.
There is too much of a difference between the top teams and the lower teams.

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 09:44:57 AM »
steups , we shuld d bess side wit dem fatima players an javed dem, now we give a poor showin

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 10:08:47 AM »

If we scrap up a team together in 2 days with no training or playing together and de Manning players playing together long now, then how we expect to beat them..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 10:45:14 AM »
Atullah Guerra of Mucurapo did he play in that game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 10:48:57 AM »
Atullah Guerra, Stephan DeLas, Sean De Silver and Javed Mohammed (Fatima & Tobago players also) wasn't there.

T&T SSFL All Star team.

Leston Shade, Kevin De Verteuil (Naparima College); Rondell Renwick, Gerron Mc Knight, (Princes Town Senior Comprehensive); Jamal Wiggins, Kerron Smith, (Carapichaima Senior Comprehensive); Corneal Thomas, Richard Roy, Khaleem Highland (Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive); Akiel Harley, Elijah Manners (San Juan Secondary Comprehensive); Travis Joseph, Kyle Blackman (Vessigny Government Secondary); Silas Spann (St Benedict's College), Elton John (St Augustine Senior); Shevon Frederick (Fyzabad Composite); Akil De Freitas, Lester Peltier (St Anthony's College).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 10:51:53 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 11:12:56 AM »
No Intercol Champions (Fatima) Players... nuff said
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 11:17:42 AM »

them fellas doh eat or wha
me eh go like they nashy
solider tights have real slack

Més que un club.

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 11:22:47 AM »
I was a lil disappointed to hear that Fatima sent their players to Barbados instead to get scouted by US schools. They should have gone to JA. The ting is i feel that all de youths should get that opportunity - to get scouted i mean. I don't know if that is de case but it doh smell right by me.
every man has the right to an opinion but that does not give him the right to be a jackass

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 11:36:16 AM »

If we scrap up a team together in 2 days with no training or playing together and de Manning players playing together long now, then how we expect to beat them..

All manning playesr are selected from roughly 25 schools.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 11:52:01 AM »
HEY SO RF its two sepeate competitons then involving different school that nice to see . Does JA schools league has a promotion and relegation and also do both team play each other.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 11:55:25 AM »
yes i know ah on ah ban

but to add to triniman question 

RF could you breakdown the whole school league as to how its played?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2005, 01:04:41 PM »
I was a lil disappointed to hear that Fatima sent their players to Barbados instead to get scouted by US schools. They should have gone to JA. The ting is i feel that all de youths should get that opportunity - to get scouted i mean. I don't know if that is de case but it doh smell right by me.

check this pufftrini.....the fatima players an dem lookin out for dey future...look at it dis way....de allstar team went to JA to play some games and come back home....de fatima fellas gone barbados to play infront ah some scouts wid de chance of securing scholarships....Ah wish everybody coulda get ah chance to be seen by de scouts, but ah real glad dat at least some men will have de opportunity to go foreign and do sometin wid dey lives.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 01:06:40 PM »
were there NCAA college coaches at this game in JA?

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 02:19:21 PM »
HEY SO RF its two sepeate competitons then involving different school that nice to see . Does JA schools league has a promotion and relegation and also do both team play each other.

Info can be obtained here http://www.issa.org.jm/football.html

Manning Cup is for schools in Kingston, Dacosta cup is for the rest of the Island. for teh Dacosta Cup, the island is seperated in zones, I think there are about 10 zones, each zone has about 6 teams. The teams in each zone play each other, and the two best teams from each zone move on to the "interzone" round. From there you have quarters, semis, and then finals. The Manning Cup zone is one huge zone, comprising about 20 or so schools, all battling it out for Manning Cup Supremacy. At the end of the season, you typically have a all manning vs all Dacosta Cup game. Thats how the schoolboy football system was run in Jamaica while I was in high schoool (not long ago  :)). My school was Morant Bay High, not far away from Port Morant United club, where Latas and Lewis started their pro careers  :nailbiting:

Pepsi has been sponsoring the competition for a number of years now. It's also worth noting that there is also a seperate age group tournament (called Colts) that run alongside the manning and Dacosta cup teams. Before each game, the under 16 teams of the schools playing wil face off in te curtain raiser. This under-16 league feeds into the Manning and Dacosta Cup teams. Again, this is how it was run a couple years ago.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 02:28:02 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline pufftrini

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 02:58:25 PM »

check this pufftrini.....the fatima players an dem lookin out for dey future...look at it dis way....de allstar team went to JA to play some games and come back home....de fatima fellas gone barbados to play infront ah some scouts wid de chance of securing scholarships....Ah wish everybody coulda get ah chance to be seen by de scouts, but ah real glad dat at least some men will have de opportunity to go foreign and do sometin wid dey lives.... :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

to be honest, i don't really know how the scouting situation works in TnT but I do know but I see too many men which much talent who didn't get a shot.

maybe the scouting ting should be centralised and run either by the Sec Schools League or by the TTFF itself so it give everybody a chance not only individually but it serve the footballing future of the country by ensuring that the best are getting equal opportunities.
every man has the right to an opinion but that does not give him the right to be a jackass

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 03:44:35 PM »

Manning Cup is for schools in Kingston, Dacosta cup is for the rest of the Island. for teh Dacosta Cup, the island is seperated in zones, I think there are about 10 zones, each zone has about 6 teams. The teams in each zone play each other, and the two best teams from each zone move on to the "interzone" round. From there you have quarters, semis, and then finals. The Manning Cup zone is one huge zone, comprising about 20 or so schools, all battling it out for Manning Cup Supremacy. At the end of the season, you typically have a all manning vs all Dacosta Cup game. Thats how the schoolboy football system was run in Jamaica while I was in high schoool (not long ago  :)). My school was Morant Bay High, not far away from Port Morant United club, where Latas and Lewis started their pro careers  :nailbiting:

Pepsi has been sponsoring the competition for a number of years now. It's also worth noting that there is also a seperate age group tournament (called Colts) that run alongside the manning and Dacosta cup teams. Before each game, the under 16 teams of the schools playing wil face off in te curtain raiser. This under-16 league feeds into the Manning and Dacosta Cup teams. Again, this is how it was run a couple years ago.

thats a nice set u RF SO I GUESS ALL SECONDAY SChools take part in secondary football in jamaica.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2005, 03:48:49 PM »

thats a nice set u RF SO I GUESS ALL SECONDAY SChools take part in secondary football in jamaica.

All secondary schools take part...as long as they meet certain basic requirements. students have to maintain at least a c average to be able to play in the competition. In my days high schools used to recruit players from primary schools just to play football or do track. Not sure if it is still being done. Schoolboy sport, particularly track and field is very popular in Jamaica. Picture 30,000 people in te Hasely crawford over two days just to see a track meet. Dont know if this happens anywhere else in te world to be honest.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 11:16:32 PM »
Yea RF, up here by me for the Texas relays...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 05:54:01 AM »
Trini, seeing that yuh always sweating Jamaica why yuh doh go and live they...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 08:47:18 AM »
Trini, seeing that yuh always sweating Jamaica why yuh doh go and live they...

Get a grip Sam. why do you constantly fight against anyone/anything even remotely connected to Ja? Talk to me Sam. Let it all out. :)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 08:53:49 AM »
I respect no one who does not respect us...... botton line...

Ah also hate man who does try to be Jamaicans... or who does kiss they ass.... I am proud to be a Trini and I will never change that even if T&T dont want meh. You should be proud of where you're from. (not throwing that for Trini)....

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 10:48:07 AM »
sam them  is words for warrrrrr .I hope we get better luck today againt the country boys i heard them fellas does play physical with no skil   :rotfl:

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 10:51:50 AM »
 So what if they lose? You win some you lose some....This is not an official national team...Is just an exhibition

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 10:59:46 AM »
I respect no one who does not respect us...... botton line...

Ah also hate man who does try to be Jamaicans... or who does kiss they ass.... I am proud to be a Trini and I will never change that even if T&T dont want meh. You should be proud of where you're from. (not throwing that for Trini)....

So which Jamaican hate you now Sam? How many Jakans even know you? Talk to me som emore...let sget to the bottom of this.  :-\

1]; } ?>