April 26, 2024, 08:23:18 AM

Author Topic: Is the PFL going to be expanded next Year???  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is the PFL going to be expanded next Year???
« on: December 11, 2005, 05:01:14 PM »
 I wanted to know if the PFL will add new teams next year ??? Tallman ...maybe you could shed some light :)

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
Re: Is the PFL going to be expanded next Year???
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 08:02:22 PM »
I read in the Express (online) a few weeks ago that they may not expand next season.  There was some talk about merging the PFL teams with the Super League teams into one one league.  The opposition to that lay in the fact that there are certain financial criteria etc that must be met in order to qualify to be a member of the PFL.  The minimum financial criteria rules are there to ensure that players can get paid by the teams they play for etc. 

Anyway, that's basically what I remembered from the article...   
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 08:08:25 PM »
Why expand when some teams cyar even win a game for 2 seasons and others had to drop out due to lack of sponsorship.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 08:46:49 PM »
 Well I think some superleague teams should at least merge and come in PFL...It make sense expanding because more teams will get involved and therefore more support overall for T&T football...There needs to be more competition for PFL teams...The more teams that PFL could sustain the better it is for the league...It will have upsets ( where new teams show themselves), it will have rivalries( South vs north)...things like that...The Super-League should be a reserve league...Just a thought....Go T&T

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 08:50:20 PM »
Well I think some superleague teams should at least merge and come in PFL...It make sense expanding because more teams will get involved and therefore more support overall for T&T football...There needs to be more competition for PFL teams...The more teams that PFL could sustain the better it is for the league...It will have upsets ( where new teams show themselves), it will have rivalries( South vs north)...things like that...The Super-League should be a reserve league...Just a thought....Go T&T

yes i agreee...wud luv to see joe public back in the pfl...and teams like crab connection making their debut there aswell....Joe public vs jabs or joe public vs W connection would make for great derby games. seeing that we only have one big derby game in PFL  dat is Jabs vs wc

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 09:07:21 PM »
 With the World Cup coming up, there might be a greater interest in Local Football...If PFL were to expand we could see a 'football revolution'....PFL teams would have to put on better performances and to win crowds that would turn out...The Super-league could have other teams but I find that PFL teams should all have u23 representatives playing that league...We have to capitalize on the WC and I feel expansion of PFL is one way of doing it....GO T&T

1]; } ?>