April 25, 2024, 08:18:00 AM

Author Topic: Ronaldinho: Well Done T&T  (Read 10168 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ronaldinho: Well Done T&T
« on: December 20, 2005, 03:19:44 PM »
Ronaldinho: Well Done T&T.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Brazilian FIFA World “Player of the Year” Ronaldinho met up with FIFA Vice President Jack Warner in Zurich this week and in a brief appearance with top FIFA officials, he was able to extend words of congratulations to this country on hearing of its qualification for Germany 2006 as the smallest nation to ever reach the world stage.
Warner came off the plane from Tokyo where he attended the FIFA World Club Championship, and headed to the FIFA World Gala Award 2005 at the Zurich Opera House on Monday where he also presented the FIFA 2005 FIFA Fair Play Award to Peru’s Amazon town of Iquitos which is situated in the middle of the Amazon.
The award was given to Iquitos based on Warner’s recommendation that they be a host town for matches during the 2005 FIFA Under 17 World Championship in September. The town was able to complete the construction of a 25,000 seater stadium in the short space of four months and had capacity attendances for the three matches played there. This made Warner a proud man and it led to FIFA’s decision that they were deserving of the award.
But the man of the moment was undoubtedly Ronaldinho and Warner wasted no time in bouncing shoulders with the Brazilian after he received his accolade.
“Ronaldinho is by far a role model for everyone who loves the game of football and what a privilege it was to hear him say well done and good luck Trinidad (and Tobago) when I spoke to him after the ceremony,” Warner told TTFF Media. “He may not know too much about how Trinidad and Tobago plays but the fact that he is aware of us qualifying for a World Cup shows that people are taking note of it.” The CONCACAF President said he also expressed his regrets to the player on the late cancellation of a proposed friendly international against Brazil in March but is maintaining his hopes that T&T will have further opportunities for such big occasions.
“I'm the happiest man on earth - I play for a great team, I have lots of friends, people appreciate the way I play, they appreciate my club and I want to continue to give happiness,” added the Barcelona star who scored a hattrick to help Brazil’s Olympic team to a 7-0 win over T&T’s Olympic team in a friendly encounter back in January, 2000.
Warner, since the draw in Leipzig has been getting the thumbs up from persons in all corners.
“I tell you that it has been truly amazing to see what qualifying for this World Cup has done for the country in terms of the recognition it is now getting. Everywhere I go and my other officials from home who were at the draw, can tell you that all kinds of people have been saying how happy they are to see Trinidad and Tobago in the World Cup. They all want to know more about the country, they want to come to the country to see the people, the beaches the place on a whole, to experience the music and the culture. And I have told them that we have all intentions of giving them a full taste of what we have to offer both on and off the playing field when we go to Germany in June,” Warner added.

Blatter tells countries to pays clubs in player conflict.

Warner left in photo with Ronaldinho at the Gala Ceremony on Monday, photo courtesy Shaun Fuentes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 06:17:12 PM by Flex »
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ronaldinho: Well Done T&T
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 03:22:15 PM »
   Well done for winning your 3rd award Ronaldinho - The Big up T&T Football and you is the Ultimate Football Superstar Award!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

:applause:

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 03:35:55 PM »
 I think Derek King get a red card when Brazil u23 play T&T u23....I glad that even Ronaldinho could acknowledge us and our achievement....Go T&T

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 04:07:19 PM »
Thanks alot Ronaldinho, we really appreciate that...see yuh in de finals.
T&T 3    Brazil 1

Feel de realness

:cheers:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline JayTheWrecker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 04:16:41 PM »
I've always liked this player. I thought it was shameful the way our stewards manhandled him after the Chelsea - Barca game last season
Son, there's only two things that matter in this life. Family and Football. Everything else is bullshit

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 05:51:04 PM »
imagine we play against ronaldinho already!! i really cannot remember that.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 05:56:22 PM »
obrigado Ronaldinho, voce tem ginga pura!! ;) felicitacoas
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 06:24:23 PM »

ah love it!!

I remember that....Rahim and dem was on that youth side......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 06:48:52 PM »
The CONCACAF President said he also expressed his regrets to the player on the late cancellation of a proposed friendly international against Brazil in March

....To which Ronaldinho replied "What friendly in March you talking about Jack?  We in Brazil never heard about that"

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 06:50:57 PM »

ah love it!!

that is news to me .......  ???
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 07:26:31 PM »
The CONCACAF President said he also expressed his regrets to the player on the late cancellation of a proposed friendly international against Brazil in March

....To which Ronaldinho replied "What friendly in March you talking about Jack?  We in Brazil never heard about that"

:rotfl:    :rotfl:      :rotfl:     :rotfl:     :rotfl:
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 08:31:49 PM »
that is to show you the gulf in class between him and Bruce Arena

he could ah bawl "Trinidad, Trinidad is real shit I sorry all yuh eh get draw with we, I would ah fix that, I would ah plat up tallman leg"

Instead the man bawl congrats and good luck

On ah side note
all yuh see wha he do people today in that game
he and Messi move real disrespectfull

Ms que un club.

Offline baby face

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 10:30:09 PM »
now dat everyone know wat we can do!!!we jus have 2 show dem on d field trini style. :-*

1]; } ?>