March 29, 2024, 03:15:06 AM

Author Topic: Lasana Liburd responds to Warner's war cry  (Read 32355 times)

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
Lasana Liburd responds to Warner's war cry
« on: January 03, 2006, 07:51:20 PM »
'I'm no hatchet man'
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).

FIFA vice-president Jack Warner had an unusual response to a series done by myself in the Daily Express which looked critically at the ethics of Warner's joint role as football administrator for FIFA and the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and businessman that appeared to have overlapped in the case of Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup match tickets.
Warner began by saying that I (Lasana Liburd) attended Arima Government Secondary where the principal and vice-principal were both Warners, while his son, Daryan, suggested that I was actually being educated by a third Warner.
His opening set the tone of his press conference yesterday.
I never attended Arima Government Secondary nor was I ever taught by a Warner. For the record, I did O-Levels at St Mary's College before writing A-Levels at Arima Senior Comprehensive.
Not that I understand what my schooling has to do with Simpaul Travel and its deal for World Cup tickets, which will cost Trinidad and Tobago fans $30,000 each.
Warner also suggested that I was in the service of the ruling PNM party as "a hatchet man" and made a baseless accusation that I had co-authored and am billed to serialise for the Daily Express a book with English writer Andrew Jennings.
More importantly, however, it had nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Warner, who offered just over five minutes for questions by reporters, was not as unambiguous when he spoke about the allocation of World Cup tickets meant for Trinidad and Tobago and his dual role within Simpaul and the TTFF.
Warner admitted that he owned Simpaul Travel, which he bought in 1992, and that they purchased the rights to act as the TTFF's official and "exclusive" travel agent.
However, Warner saw no conflict of interest despite his role within both organisations and even claimed that it was a bonus to both parties.
After confirming that Simpaul had exclusive rights to TTFF's ticket allotment, though, Warner and his son and company director, Daryan, then said other companies were free to "mirror" their packages if they chose.
The catch was that these tickets must be bought from Simpaul rather than the TTFF as Anthony Harford of All Sport Promotions and Dr Nigel Camacho of the Trini Posse told the Daily Express.
The question about how many tickets were allocated to the T&TFF was another ticklish issue.
The Australian Football Federation announced to its football fans that it received 8,500 tickets from FIFA and those were sold on December 20 from TT$287 for an individual ticket to TT$2,443 for a package of three Category One tickets.
FIFA's website states that each football association "will receive eight per cent of all purchasable tickets in the stadium", while a TTFF release on December 14 said that "close to 4,500 tickets will be made available to the T&T Football Federation".
Yesterday, though, Warner said he had no idea how many tickets the country would receive and that the local body had not even applied for its allocation yet.
He claimed that the tickets Simpaul was offering at present were purchased from an unnamed "European tour operator".
Warner and his son refused to say how many tickets his company had acquired.
"I cannot see how that is anybody's business," said Warner. "Simpaul is a private company."
"Simpaul is not the TTFF and does not have to respond to you," Daryan added.
Warner also said that KPMG, and not Kenny Rampersad, was the TTFF's auditors.
He did not say whether Rampersad, whose company sold and accounted for match tickets among other tasks, was recently terminated or was never in their hire.
He criticised the Daily Express series for suggesting that "Kenny Rampersad is a director of Simpaul Travel", but the three-part series said no such thing.
Rather, the Daily Express article revealed that Rampersad was authorised to act on behalf of Simpaul on at least one matter and wondered if it were ethical for the accountant, like Warner, to have a dual role.
The connection between Warner's role as administrator and businessman and the price that Trinidad and Tobago fans must pay because of it was the point of my series. Pity he felt that my imaginary links with the PNM and Arima Government Secondary were more relevant.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 06:53:49 PM by Tallman »

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lisana Liburd's response
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 07:54:56 PM »
Thank you very much Lasana..stick in he arse. Doh lie down just so.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 07:58:11 PM »
Good expose all his lies...JW only  grabbing at straws to save face..he know he back agaist ah wall..so he trying to politicize everything..and blame the PNM so ppl would look the other way..

Big Up to TnT football!.
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 08:01:20 PM »
Lisana Jack cannot even get what school you went correct and he expect me to believe his version of the story.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

truetrini

Re: Lasana Liburd responds to Warner's war cry
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 08:04:28 PM »
Here comes Pointman to de rescue.

Riding like ah Blackass Godiva in he Hyundai Excel...trusty steed that it is...in full armor to defend he lover JAck Warner.

Prove it Lasana I said that yuh went CIC, but Warner said otherwise..ah feel yuh lying on poor old Jack.  shimps man have ah heart nah.  Ease up on we m an he is ah hero yuh know. ::)

Steups

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 08:06:44 PM »

Riding like ah Blackass Godiva in he Hyundai Excel...trusty steed that it is...in full armor to defend he lover JAck Warner.

Prove it Lasana I said that yuh went CIC, but Warner said otherwise..ah feel yuh lying on poor old Jack.  shimps man have ah heart nah.  Ease up on we m an he is ah hero yuh know. ::)

Steups

well u pay ur hero ur $30 000 then

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 08:08:35 PM »

Steups

:rotfl: :rotfl: he was being sarcastic

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
aight aight ah hope so

truetrini

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 08:14:02 PM »

Steups

wey allyuh does come from boy?

Yuh is ah waggoniust ah what?

LOL

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 08:15:38 PM »
u cud neva put me in da category star!!! my fadda have me following T&T football since b4 i cud remember

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 08:17:11 PM »
u cud neva put me in da category star!!! my fadda have me following T&T football since b4 i cud remember

well NEVER put me in de jack warner fan club..never!

Yuh mad or wha?

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

aight boss nuff respect for that. i concede

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=121996669
 not so hard to calculate.

50,768 x 8% = 4061 Westfalen Stadium in Dortmund ( Sweden)
    32,341 x 8% = 2587 Nuremberg Franken-Stadium (UK)
    41,513 x 8% = 3321 Kaiserslautern (PAraguay) edit trinidadexpress is wrong
 37084 x 8% = 2967

So you get a total of 9614 TICKETS for TNT ;D

while a TTFF release on December 14 said that "close to 4,500 tickets will be made available to the T&T Football Federation".

above is also calculated by Socapro earlier ( didn't see that earlier, duh )
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:08:41 PM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2006, 08:32:50 PM »
so how JW get 4, 500?

truetrini

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2006, 08:34:28 PM »
so how JW get 4, 500?

Simple

He take from Peter to give to Simpauls

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 08:34:41 PM »

41,513 x 8% = 3321 Kaiserslautern (PAraguay)

So you get a total of 9969 TICKETS for TNT ;D
Initialy, a range of 4-8 percent was mentioned. Maybe that's what gave the lower figure of 4450 tickets. That left the difference for JW's "discretion" :devil:
Live large and prosper!

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 08:39:54 PM »
4-8 %  ???

but every country participating in the worldcup gets 8% how can they say 4-8 % ?
I see... they say 4-8 so if everyone shuts up it will be 4, too many  make a stink ok 4+4= 8 ;)
Yeah I worked real hard to get more tickets for TnT ''slap on the sholder" got it doubled !!
I'm really great me name JW Oui

but he... wait now if you turn it around it becomes 6966 I admit 9969 is a wicket number, that is not JW fault
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 08:49:29 PM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 08:47:48 PM »

well NEVER put me in de jack warner fan club..never!

Yuh mad or wha?

Ah like yuh Bunji come back, that boy had to be mad or very new to the board. This year Dimache Gras will have Warner hot, i could feel it now, Warner will get bashed all over for his lies.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 09:13:50 PM »

Steups

LOL

Waggonist.. Did I hear waggonist ... TT you warnt to press charges ?
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 09:15:13 PM »
lasana stick it to dey nasty ness boss jack he ketch yuh nice wit da story an yuh feeling d hurt now
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

truetrini

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2006, 09:16:07 PM »

Steups

LOL

Waggonist.. Did I hear waggonist ... TT you warnt to press charges ?

ah feeling like jack so no court..jes ah warning dis time ok?

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2006, 09:27:28 PM »
Jack problem is that he want to be President of FIFA and PM of TnT.

Because he so greedy everybody will findout that "Uncle Jack" is a ole tief and he will get nothing.

All of a sudden you'll see that we qualifying for more youth tournaments and more importantly more WCs.
TnT Patriot

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2006, 10:40:44 PM »

41,513 x 8% = 3321 Kaiserslautern (PAraguay) edit trinidadexpress is wrong
 37084 x 8% = 2967

So you get a total of 9614 TICKETS for TNT ;D

while a TTFF release on December 14 said that "close to 4,500 tickets will be made available to the T&T Football Federation".

above is also calculated by Socapro earlier ( didn't see that earlier, duh )

I did this calculation already with the FIFA ppl on the phone with me we should get approx. 7300 tickets you have to minus press and dignitories from the stadium total and for the WC the stadiums are not going to fill all seats per FIFA. Safty issues.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2006, 10:48:43 PM »
I'm glad that Lasana stuck to the issue at hand, and didn't get pulled into the trivial name calling.  JW go be feelin' de heat soon, if not already.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 11:33:28 PM by fidel2xl »
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 10:57:11 PM »
what was even worse is the braying jackarse that is Anil Roberts on 102 after. More and more I realise he is ah jackarse. He jes concerned with what he could get yes. I thought he was bright but he eh thinking straight. He realise he could ride the Jack bus and he going to ride it.

I glad it still have men like Lasana out here yes, who will call a spade a spade. The jackarses that doh read the papers and pick sense out ah nonsense and jes wasnt to call in to the radio and talk shit need to go Arima Gov Sec cause they never went no school .

Més que un club.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 11:40:32 PM »
warner is a bloody liar, man hiding he get tickets from fifa, how de hell a european organization give it to him when the fifa ticketing committe in charge of allocating the tickets 2 each country, setta bullshit warner on, i wish i was home 2 stage a revolution against him, de pnm and unc

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 05:07:11 AM »
All yuh give Jack he Jacket nuh.........
Jack lie, lie, lie.  Jack feel we is arseholes or wha??????????? >:(
And he feel because Liburd is ah nobody he could walk over the fella and make him look small.  Ah glad Liburd did not take it jes so and clear de air. Liburd is ah hero right now.

Jack  trying to side track the talk so de 'locals' go blame PNM, Roger Boynes, Liburd for de gov't not putting money in de soca warriors and dat we go forget dat Simpauls charging $30000 to go Germany..

All politics my people, all politics.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 05:26:31 AM »
Nice article Lasana. Stick to the facts ...... let JW talk all the shit. Everybody know better
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 05:36:57 AM »
Great work Lasana...

De only Jacket Jack getting is a straight Jacket....

He is a mad man, and did not defend himself,,,, he rail road de questions and allegations against him and make one big release with nothing solid trying to get personal with Lasana and railroad de questions......

As I said, the government should not give the TTFF one black cent, let Jack spen he money and keep what ever profit he make, because it will be his investiment. Let the government give de players and coach a bonus incentive and thats it..

If Jack retire after de world cup, I hope he take his debt with him, because he will leave us suffering. And I also hope Camps, Gorden, Corneal and O' Connor resign with him also..... He will leave us in a deep deep hole....

Jack Warner is only about Jack Warner, he will like you, but you have to be a yes man. He is a crook at a very high standard..

I hope they dismantle the TTFF after the world cup and also investigate FIFA big man Mr S.Blatter...

Imagine de poor men who has supported the T&T team when they were zero cant even buy a ticket to go Germany because Jack thief all and give it to his son to sell at Simpauls Travel for an outragous price.

Flex most of all,,,, and,,,, Tallman should atleast get a free ticket.... they do more for T&T football that benefits the media and players from years to years and get no appreciation for it from the TTFF and players...... ...... I begg Jack to give them especially Flex a ticket and in every conversion we have he never reply instead he rail road de question..... He is a smart man, he so smart I feel one day he might out-smart himself...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 06:11:54 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rymizx

• Full Warrior
  • It's a small world ! - No Really...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 05:43:26 AM »
Once the facts are presented all the dribbling, and delay tactics Warner try will just give him enough rope to hang himself.

A wonder if de 50mill budget caters for the bill for that press conference yesterday carried live by so many .

1]; } ?>