T&T Pro League
01 Apr 2010
- Written by Inshan "Flex" Mohammed
- Hits: 2321
Yes, you've heard me right, Bulls is coming to T&T, no, not the Chicago Bulls but an all American soccer player by the name of Daniel Bulls have put pen to paper when he signed on the dotted line for the Eastern Lions last week.
The Maryland native was a member of the 2004 Maryland state finalist Patriot squad, and played club soccer with the Bethesda Internationals, which won five straight state titles between 1999 and 2003, and a national championship in 2001. Bulls was also a teammate of U.S. national team midfielder Freddy Adu.
The former University of Maryland Baltimore County midfielder took some time out to chat with the Soca Warriors Online (SWO) about his desire to do well for his new found club Joe Public.
Here is a breakdown on how the Q&A went.
1. Daniel, you are only 23 (30-Aug-86) and you still have your entire future ahead of you. Why did you choose T&T, why not MLS of even Europe.
I chose to play in T&T because I think that it is a rare opportunity that will help my career. Also, I feel that the T&T style fits me very well. Players from T&T have a strong reputation for being very successful when
playing abroad so I felt this was a step in the right direction for my career. I am not ruling out Europe or MLS in the future, but for now I think Joe Public is a great place for me and a very strong side that can compete on any level.
2. Why did you leave Real Maryland Monarchs.
I enjoyed my time at Real Maryland, but at the end of the day I always had plans to move forward. Joe Public is a very prestigious club and I am grateful for the opportunity to play here.
3. Have to ever seen a T&T club in action, if yes, what's your thoughts.
Yes, I definitely like the style very much. It is physical, but technical at the same time. There is a lot of attacking flare but also hard nose defense and I think that's a great formula for football.
4. No doubt Joe Public and W Connection are always great competitors at CONCACAF level. I assumed you saw the thrashing New England Revolution got from Joe Public in the last set of CONCACAF Cup qualifiers, were you surprised and what's your thoughts on the game.
At first I was a little surprised of the scoreline, but I wasn't surprised that they beat New England. I was informed of the quality of T&T football a while back from a friend and that was just proof.
5. How did Joe Public discovered you.
Joe Public was informed of me by Flex Mohammed of the Soca Warriors Online, who also recommended Yu Hoshide to the club last year. I went on trial and did well.
6. How has the experience been so far in T&T. The food, people, venue, new teammates, new boss, new culture, climate ... etc.
So far my experience here has been great. The people are very nice and welcoming, and I love the food. Food is big for me. I love eating. I am just starting to get used to the heat, but I'm sure I will be adjusted soon. I came here from snow and ice in the United States, so I never had a chance to prepare for the heat. Everyone at the club has been great so far, from the coaches to the staff. Very helpful and very respectable people.
7. What has been your biggest accomplishment in your career.
Well, American footballers start their professional career a bit later than most around the world because of our collegiate system. I feel my biggest accomplishments are ahead of me, but I will always cherish the
time I spent at Santos FC in Brazil as a youth.
I played with the U-17s when I was 16 and learned a tremendous amount. I had the chance to meet Robinho, Diego, Elano, and other great Brazilian players. And just being at the club that Pele was a part of will always be an important part of my footballing life and career. I really think that this experience has turned me into the footballer I am today.
8. What would you like to accomplish at Joe Public.
I would like to win as many trophies as possible with Joe Public and really make a name for the club in the Concacaf Champions League.
9. How long is your contract with the Eastern Lions.
My contract runs until December 31st, 2010.
10. Who is your favorite T&T player/s.
I think Carlos Edwards is one my favorite T&T players. He plays a similar position as me and is a good footballer. And of course, all my new teammates at Joe Public now.. (smile)....
11. What number will you be wearing with your new club.
Not sure as yet.
12. What is your favorite position on the field and who is your biggest idol.
My favorite position is any attacking midfield role. I like to run at players and be creative. My biggest Idol is Ronaldo (Brazil). He has always been my favorite footballer and I think he is the greatest to ever play.