26 Apr 2012
- Written by Inshan Mohammed
- Hits: 2074
Trinidad & Tobago International Combine is a one day annual showcase for players that live in the United States that were either born in Trinidad & Tobago or have Trinidadian parentage.
The try-outs are only for players born in 1996 and 1997. This event will be held in Brooklyn, New York on Sunday 6th May, 2012 at Old Boys High Field located on 777 Rutland Road Brooklyn, New York at 1:30pm.
The Soca Warriors Online (SWO) will be sending a few potential prospects.
Meanwhile, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation is currently preparing for the qualification phase of FIFA Under 17 World Cup to be held in United Arab Emirates late in 2013 and is looking for players that live abroad that have exceptional ability and can represent Trinidad & Tobago.
Qualification will begin in July 2012 for eventual participation in the CONCACAF Men’s Under 17 Championship that will be held in Panama from April 6-19, 2013. The four top teams from this tournament will qualify for the FIFA 2013 Under 17 World Cup in the UAE.
To be considered for the screening, participants must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be born in 1996 or 1997.
2. Hold a valid Trinidad & Tobago passport in conjunction with a US Green Card.
3. Hold a valid US passport and parents and/or grandparents must be born in Trinidad & Tobago.
4. Currently playing for a US club team and possess a valid league ID.
5. Bring a copy of their birth certificate or passport.