One on one with Kenwyne Jones.
1. What’s your most memorable moment or match, whether for country or Club?
My appearance against Martinique Senior team with the T&T Olympic team. We won 3-0 and my son Isaiah was born just before the game.
2. Name two persons, whether relative or not who have been an inspiration to you.
My parents Pamphil and Lydia.
3. Any favourite player or team?
Patrick Viera and AC Milan
4. Any other favourite sport?
Basketball and athletics, cricket.
5. What would be your preferred other profession?
6. What do you hope to accomplish either in next 5 years or end of playing career?
In five years, I should be halfway through to retirement, therefore stable enough to live a comfortable life.
7. Who’s been among your most admired coaches and why?
8. What do you think of T&T’s chances of making it to the 2006 World Cup?
Once the players can put all heart and soul into the effort, our chances are as good as any.
9. What areas you think need improving on and how do you think this can be achieved?
We need to concentrate for the entire game. Personally I need to prepare myself better to play the wing position.
10. Any instances or plays that you always reflect on?
Appearing for the national team against South Korea. It’s definitely been my biggest appearance so far.
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received?
Put God first.
12. What do you do to relax away from the game?
Probably sleep or hang out with some friends. Depends on my mood.
13. What’s your favorite dish?
Favourite drink - Pineapple juice.
14. Favorite time of year?
Don’t really matter. All times are good.
16. Most comfortable football boot?
17. Name one thing about yourself you would change if given the chance. Even if it meant going back in time.
I would change nothing. God made me how he wanted me to be.
18. Preferred Wear.
Jeans and T shirts but it depends on the occasion as well.