Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Head Coach Tom Saintfiet will conduct his first training session on Thursday, December 15th at 7pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.
This will be his opening session ahead of the two international friendlies away to Nicaragua later this month and will involve twenty-eight players who have been invited to be part of a training squad. Saintfiet will subsequently select his final squad for the two matches next week for a residential training camp before the team departs on Christmas day for Managua. The two games are carded for December 27th and 30th.
Saintfiet spoke about his selection for the training squad.
“It was a short period of time for me before I had to release a squad. It is naturally not easy if you have just arrived in the country as I prefer to have much more time to anaylzye and see the local leagues. I saw now most of the teams in the Pro League and also the Super League,” Saintfiet told TTFA Media.
“The squad is made based on my style of play but also on consultation with several people of the technical committee, local coaches and other local people involved in football here. In the future we can also see players involved who were maybe not selected now because then I will follow up the league more and know more about the individual players and their qualities and I would have more knowledge of the players in the local league and abroad.
“To me now it is a good moment in these sessions to see the players who play in the local league and some who play abroad who are available, to analyse to see if they fit into my thoughts on how to play and also their personalities and in a few days time the squad has to reduced,” Saintfiet said.
Carlos Edwards has made 88 appearances for Trinidad and Tobago and was a member of the 2006 World Cup Squad. He last played for T&T in an international friendly against Jamaica in November 2013.
This is Maurice Forde’s first invitation to the Men’s Senior Team. Hashim Arcia has already made appearances for the T&T Senior Team. Jomoul Francois is former T&T National Youth team player.
- Jan Michael Williams – Central FC
- Glenroy Samuel – Ma Pau Stars
- Marvin Phillip – Morvant Caledonia United
- Adrian Foncette – Police FC
- Daneil Cyrus – W Connection
- Sheldon Bateau – Krylia Sovetov Samara
- Triston Hodge – Toronto FC II
- Mekeil Williams – Colorado Rapids
- Carlyle Mitchell – Seoul E-Land FC
- Radanfah Abu Bakr – Sillamäe Kallen
- Alvin Jones – W Connection
- Curtis Gonzales – Defence Force
- Nathaniel Garcia – Central FC
- Sean De Silva – Central FC
- Hughtun Hector – W Connection
- Maurice Forde – W Connection
- Kevin Molino – Orlando City
- Aikim Andrews – W Connection
- Trevin Caesar – Orange County Blues
- Cordell Cato – San Jose Earthquakes
- Jomal Williams – Murcielagos FC
- Hachim Arcia – Defence Force
- Willis Plaza – Jabloteh FC
- Shahdon Winchester – Murcielagos FC
- Carlos Edwards – Ma Pau Stars
- Joevin Jones – Seattle Sounders
- Aubrey David – Dallas FC
- Jomoul Francois – St Ann’s Rangers