May 13, 2024, 12:04:16 AM

Author Topic: Hector Sam back in training  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hector Sam back in training
« on: February 06, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »
Hector Sam back in training.
Port Vale FC.

With World Cup hopeful Hector Sam now back in training, Martin Foyle says the first thing he should be looking at is earning another contract with Port Vale.
He said: "Hector is back training with me now and that is a big relief. He was training with us for about three or four weeks, but he was still limping and once you have got that limp you are never right.
"He has been up to see Martin Copeland, who has had him morning and afternoon, just working solely with Hector and I would like to thank Martin for his help and his time.
"Hector looks a lot stronger now and the limp has gone, so now he can resume and hopefully he will be up and flying now.
"You have got to be wary after an injury like that, because the first thought is, 'what if somebody goes through and catches me on the right spot, I am back to square one again', so there is that fear factor.
"We thought he would be back in December and we are in February now. He has had a lot more time to heal, so the healing side of it is very good.
"It was just the limp and now hopefully that has gone so maybe we are looking at March with two or three reserve games before then.
"But he has got to push himself, we can only meet halfway, but he is going to work hard and that should be interested.
"His incentive is the World Cup, but even if the World Cup wasn't there to push him, his target should be getting back to playing for Port Vale and playing in ten games before the end of the season.
"I would take the World Cup away because that is the icing on the cake for him. Hopefully he needs the bread and butter, his contract is up at the end of the season.
"There is a lot of work to do. I will be watching him big time just to see if he has got that fire in his belly."

« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 08:51:27 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Hector Sam back in training
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 09:44:29 AM »
"His incentive is the World Cup, but even if the World Cup wasn't there to push him, his target should be getting back to playing for Port Vale and playing in ten games before the end of the season.
"I would take the World Cup away because that is the icing on the cake for him. Hopefully he needs the bread and butter, his contract is up at the end of the season.
"There is a lot of work to do. I will be watching him big time just to see if he has got that fire in his belly."
This mgr never misses a chance to dangle contract talk in front of our players, when it comes to playing for TnT.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:04:33 AM by Tallman »

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 09:49:41 AM »
come on hector fire in d belly fire in ur foot fire in yuh hed fire all over

buss some net give beenie a head ache
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 11:28:58 AM »
Yeah Hector...must have a royalian in the World Cup...keep pushing and show them the trini styling !
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »
FFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRREEE....like bunji garlin....go sam...yuh have a powerful first name...all the best
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

MickeyRat

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 03:04:11 PM »
Best of luck Hector!!!!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 03:46:15 PM »
Good Luck to him. I remember him being a handful at wrexham,

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 05:01:37 PM »
Yeah Hector...must have a royalian in the World Cup...keep pushing and show them the trini styling !

Isn´t he in  the same situation or worse than hardest ? the man is just now coming off limping and we can have aspirations for a world cup place for him ? what about playing with a team etc.. you know the concerns men had which excluded hardest and Dwarika ? 

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 05:41:26 PM »

nice to see hector back out again man....

wish him all the best......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 08:06:52 PM »
Isn´t he in  the same situation or worse than hardest ? the man is just now coming off limping and we can have aspirations for a world cup place for him ? what about playing with a team etc.. you know the concerns men had which excluded hardest and Dwarika ? 

Nah..not the same situation. He have a professional club to work with and proper physios giving him individual attention. Hardest was unemployed...Hector being paid to work on his fitness. like the coach say, he playing for his bread and butter here, which may be more motivation than the world cup. Play your ass off to get back in shape or u will head back to the caribbean unemployed HOPING somebody see u and give u a sweat..then he wiil be like hardest.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 08:15:35 PM »

What same situation as Hardest?   Hardly.  Sam was already in Beenie's squad before the injury, came on 2nd half against Mexico etc.  He has more than earned the right to get another look once he can regain full fitness and a place in Port Vale lineup over the next month or two.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 10:32:30 PM »

we doh really need a royalian wen it hav d whole a malick dey

whitely theobald scotland lawrence
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 05:11:58 AM »

Nah..not the same situation. He have a professional club to work with and proper physios giving him individual attention. Hardest was unemployed...Hector being paid to work on his fitness. like the coach say, he playing for his bread and butter here, which may be more motivation than the world cup. Play your ass off to get back in shape or u will head back to the caribbean unemployed HOPING somebody see u and give u a sweat..then he wiil be like hardest.

Question is ..is he playing games ??? Gym work is not gooiod enough for WC . same standards for all I say ! If fitness was all then Kerston Manswell could well force his way into the team !

1]; } ?>