May 11, 2024, 06:58:37 PM

Author Topic: Rule - modify, change, amend or add to the game what will it be?  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
When man go down hurt to waste time, I think once the coaching staff is call onto the field, that player must wait 5 mins before returning back onto the field of play, this will eliminate faking and time wasting. I know that there are some real injuries but the faking is done to often to waste time when protecting a lead.

We need to come up with something on the off side, too many bad calls.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rule - modify, change, amend or add to the game what will it be?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:27:22 AM »
Problem is, under your rule, every time Jamaica kicks lumps out of Kenwyne, he's off the pitch for 5 mins and the team committing the foul has an advantage!

The rule I don't like is when a keeper fouls a striker (not necessarily intentionally) when he has a goal scoring oppertunity and is sent off as well as conceding a penalty. The attacking team get a penalty and a one man advantage. I think the referee should decide a) was it a penalty and then b) was it an intentional foul worthy of a red card.
Yes, I know there will be mistakes, but a keeper has to go for a one on one and if the striker is too quick, the keeper is penalised twice. A defender can foul in the penalty area and not be sent off.   

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:34:17 AM »
This is a man's game, you take it from the JA and then you dish it back out.

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »
Well, yeah, theres always that approach! We'll have to have a sin bin longer than the dugouts!

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:48 AM »
A crazy rule brought in to stop all the diving wasting time, its the fouled player that has the disadvantaged.

As for the offside I think they should put it back the way it was except for very obvious not interfering with play, down injured etc.  The only difference rather than make it from the half way line just from the penalty box with a line across the pitch.  This wouldn't result in going back to negative football and help everybody know when is offside offside, because nobody knows now including, players, managers, fans or officials.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 09:00:33 AM »
A crazy rule brought in to stop all the diving wasting time, its the fouled player that has the disadvantaged.

As for the offside I think they should put it back the way it was except for very obvious not interfering with play, down injured etc.  The only difference rather than make it from the half way line just from the penalty box with a line across the pitch.  This wouldn't result in going back to negative football and help everybody know when is offside offside, because nobody knows now including, players, managers, fans or officials.

meh boy i ent understand what yuh trying to say.......offside from the penalty box. what kind ah football is that.. So now you say a player on de attacking team could just stand up by de penalty box and  wait fuh ah man to hit him ah ball...... this will only encourage defenders to stay back knowing that the offside mark in the penalty box or what every line u talking about. This will only leave huge gaps between the midfield and the defense "THINK ABOUT IT". That ent not type ah football..... Mr  just leave be people offside line at the half line fuh meh please.... That's what de game is about.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 09:40:59 AM »
Kev, "going back to negative football" how about once the ball crosses the half line you are not allow to go back, which forces teams to play attacking ball, this might just eliminate those dull 0-0 games.

You know how some teams just keep the ball to the end of game when leading, this will force them to play the game instead of running the clock out.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 10:27:09 AM »

meh boy i ent understand what yuh trying to say.......offside from the penalty box. what kind ah football is that.. So now you say a player on de attacking team could just stand up by de penalty box and  wait fuh ah man to hit him ah ball...... this will only encourage defenders to stay back knowing that the offside mark in the penalty box or what every line u talking about. This will only leave huge gaps between the midfield and the defense "THINK ABOUT IT". That ent not type ah football..... Mr  just leave be people offside line at the half line fuh meh please.... That's what de game is about.

I can only speak for the UK but given the way the game is played now, there wouldn't be many if any teams letting a player mooch just outside the box, must have other duties to perform.  The game is / has changed since the rules have been changed.

As the offside rule stands now there isn't one, a player can stand next to the penalty box now and as long as he doesn't touch the ball, in the 1st phase anyway he is not offside.  To be frank as it stands now it would be better if they just scrapped the offside rule as it just causes confusion and a sense of unfairness amongst fans.

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
Kev, "going back to negative football" how about once the ball crosses the half line you are not allow to go back, which forces teams to play attacking ball, this might just eliminate those dull 0-0 games.

You know how some teams just keep the ball to the end of game when leading, this will force them to play the game instead of running the clock out.

Coach congrats on yuh over 35 play off game....... so yuh win de knock out... Any way you mention that you paly with some ballers on your team. U said that you play mid field also.... how much times did u play de ball back..
In real foot- ball, I know if yuh have pressure and you can't turn play way yuh facing and playing de ball back might be an option. You coming with american "HAND BALL RULES' them doh play football.. always foward.... In foot-ball in order to be successful in some cases sometimes you need to play the ball back to get out off a situation then play foward. i hpe yuh understand way ah coming from....
Yuh might want to chang yuh name from coach,  :rotfl: because ah real coach will never entertain that kind ah doh play de ball back at all..... no matter wht part of de field...  redeem yuh self now..... MY son could never play fuh your team if you talkin that kind ah talk  :rotfl:

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 12:11:12 PM »
Coach one last thing... not all 0-0 game does be dull.... you sure yuh is ah TRIN.  :rotfl: Only  then american parents who don't understand de game, and have kids that does play foot-ball does make them sort of statement. Ah hate to here men talk that shhhhyt...... big up goat,  :rotfl: not coach...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »

Coach congrats on yuh over 35 play off game....... so yuh win de knock out... Any way you mention that you paly with some ballers on your team. U said that you play mid field also.... how much times did u play de ball back..
In real foot- ball, I know if yuh have pressure and you can't turn play way yuh facing and playing de ball back might be an option. You coming with american "HAND BALL RULES' them doh play football.. always foward.... In foot-ball in order to be successful in some cases sometimes you need to play the ball back to get out off a situation then play foward. i hpe yuh understand way ah coming from....
Yuh might want to chang yuh name from coach, :rotfl: because ah real coach will never entertain that kind ah doh play de ball back at all..... no matter wht part of de field... redeem yuh self now..... MY son could never play fuh your team if you talkin that kind ah talk :rotfl:

I don't think he mean no back pass at all, just when you cross into the attacking half you cannot play back into your defensive half.........like Basketball. You can keep the ball for as long as you want and play howeve,r just if the pass goes back into the defensive half and your player touches it an indirect free-kick is awarded to the other team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »

Yuh might want to chang yuh name from coach, :rotfl: because ah real coach will never entertain that kind ah doh play de ball back at all..... no matter wht part of de field... redeem yuh self now..... MY son could never play fuh your team if you talkin that kind ah talk :rotfl:

I don't think he mean no back pass at all, just when you cross into the attacking half you cannot play back into your defensive half.........like Basketball. You can keep the ball for as long as you want and play howeve,r just if the pass goes back into the defensive half and your player touches it an indirect free-kick is awarded to the other team.

when I say at all.... I mean doh entertain de talk at all.  I doh care about basket-ball rule.. Give am man ah free kick if he play de ball back in he half..... All yuh fellers good oui.... :rotfl:   to americanize for my liking... leave de game is good how it is.....

Offline Eldo man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 01:00:05 PM »

Just now you migh say add de shoot clock too. :rotfl:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 02:21:16 PM »
No goalkeepers over 5'7" tall  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »
No goalkeepers over 5'7" tall  ;D

oH RULE boy    ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »
Change the offside rule. You should never be called offside if you are in the same half as the ball when it is played. And any player who is offside is interferring with play, whether they touch the ball or not. So scrap the confusing 'interferring with play' interpretation. It's simple...you only have to stay onside when the ball in the other half of the field (ie..prevents loafing). Once your team attacking and the ball reach in the attacking half, you could roam where you want. Will prevent these annoying close calls that wrong half the time.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »
Change the offside rule. You should never be called offside if you are in the same half as the ball when it is played. And any player who is offside is interferring with play, whether they touch the ball or not. So scrap the confusing 'interferring with play' interpretation. It's simple...you only have to stay onside when the ball in the other half of the field (ie..prevents loafing). Once your team attacking and the ball reach in the attacking half, you could roam where you want. Will prevent these annoying close calls that wrong half the time.

Very Interesting!  I thought about extending the penalty area the width of the field (keeping the box).
Once the ball enters that area no more offside. If the ball is outside that area the rule applies as normal.
That is, if a player is in the area (box), but offside and the ball is played in, he is judged as normal (offside).
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »

I feel yuh say dat because you is a Barca man and know Eto'o good  ;D

but agree, that rule should have been amended awhile now

Pippo would love dat one too

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>