May 09, 2024, 08:05:45 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (10-Aug-08).  (Read 32258 times)

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Haiti Game (10-Aug-08).
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
Toussaint and the keeper were the best Trini players for me.

Haiti deserved the win. Sure, TnT made a comeback in the 2nd half and even got a clear penal that was denied. But, overall Haiti was the better team.

Now, let's wait for Touches' match report.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2008, 06:05:25 PM »
If T&T had played aggressive from the first minute instead of waiting until they were a goal down they would have had a better chance of winning and de coach have to take some blame for dat too...Aye rifht now AH FRIGGIN VEX!!..Thi sis the same team that will represent us for our first WC qualifier against Cuba! My Goodness..Now am even more convinced that we need our best players to play every game to have a good chance of reaching South Africa..I GONE,CANT BELIEVE AH WASTE MEH BLEDDY TIME WATCHIN DIS TEAM REPRESENT MY COUNTRY..I done for today steupse

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 10, 2008, 06:06:47 PM »

Haiti deserved the win. Sure, TnT made a comeback in the 2nd half and even got a clear penal that was denied. But, overall Haiti was the better team.

Congrats on the win Toussaint, and thanks for sharing the video feed.   :beermug:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 10, 2008, 06:07:04 PM »
Now ah want to hear who againt Yorke returning to our midfield!..at 38 years old Yorke playing better than most of we midfielders today
an when he is 40 an retire(again), wha yuh go do den, start to look an train somebody then
if he better than what we have.............of course
how he could better when he done...is KJ the best we have now, or is he out due to injury...should we play short till he come back, what if he don't come back ? should we stop playin who we actually have, regardless of how not up to KJ they are ? maybe yuh not following meh...later on ah more dedicated thread, we will discuss

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #214 on: August 10, 2008, 06:11:47 PM »

Congrats on the win Toussaint, and thanks for sharing the video feed.   :beermug:

Thanks, good night guys.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 10, 2008, 06:12:30 PM »

Yes Toussaint.....Congrats on the win.......and good luck in the qualifiers..... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 10, 2008, 06:13:30 PM »

Nice win there Toussaint :applause:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 10, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
so if we add Tallest, Avery, Carlos, Whitely, Birchall, Roberts and Stern will that change anything for Cuba?

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »

2nd that. wish cnc3 or cnmg show games because i would see tnt play more often.  come on mr hunt. get a sports, entertainment and cultural channel

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »
so if we add Tallest, Avery, Carlos, Whitely, Birchall, Roberts and Stern will that change anything for Cuba?

whappen Yuh dont think Scotland and Patteron should be selected before dem players who play today...and yes better players should make a difference in any team...Anyway I gone yes ah fed up with this type ah shit performances from local based T&T teams
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 06:18:42 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 10, 2008, 06:19:27 PM »

whappen Yuh dont think Scotland and Patteron should be selected before dem players who play today...and yes better players should make a difference in any team...Anyway I gone yes ah fed up with this type ah shit performances from local based T&T teams

sando we have  a coaching issue
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 10, 2008, 06:20:10 PM »
Hopefully the loss will help us. We seem to take things more seriously when we lose.

Does this expose our need for Birch?

The verdict is still out on Mats. He doesn't communicate with the public, so we are at a loss as to what to expect from the camp.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 10, 2008, 06:22:21 PM »

yea but we can't play 4 strikers.  
when you consider that is 7 players who ent play today that should be starting we just need 4 men from this squad - phillips, cyd, hislop and 1 from the midfield to play on the left (glen?)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 10, 2008, 06:28:12 PM »

2nd that. wish cnc3 or cnmg show games because i would see tnt play more often.  come on mr hunt. get a sports, entertainment and cultural channel

ah tink daiz already NCC 4 :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 10, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »
Queen I now coming to post dat....NCC 4 do show the games.....a replay though not live....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2008, 06:45:30 PM »
Eh boy allyuh real pessimistic yes ! the local boys get run in yes , but look @ it this way, them fellas ain't fit enough BC of the level of ball they playing and it was evident today, when man like lawrence and carlos join the team we will have a much stronger unit.

something else allyuh wasn't looking @ was the amount of fouls that the haitian team was commiting and the ref was oblivious to that , when ah team steady fouling and interupting yuh flow, don't you know yuh game does look poor!

the haitian team was on the blitz game, they played that stop and go football, foul and start over, the ref too was ah complete moron to give all the call to the haitians.

when ah team doh give yuh time on the ball yuh game does look shabby, i suggest that ppl hold the faith and rest assure that these rookies getting that well needed experience to develope into better players, and when whitley and the foreign based return, the team would be much better.         positive.

PS; for all the doubters ! we not only beating Cuba , but we beating guatemala as well.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2008, 06:48:20 PM »
I say we just beat Muturana and call that George .

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
Thank God I saw the game and dont have to listen or read the supposed reports. T&T was the better team and had the better chances. While Haiti played magnificently well in their half of the field passing the ball around the just died in the last third.  Glenn, Hyland and Toussaint were all guilty of missed chances. If I have to fault the coaches it is for the inclusion of Toussaint. He is not national material, way too small and light and spends too much time on the ground.

So Omarldihno, arrow Quagmire, babalawo have just been relegated to football neophite status. I will have to bypass all their posts like I bypass KND and ABtrini.The women I will excuse because I know their heart.

See all you guys in the Hex!!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2008, 07:09:46 PM »
forget neo lewwe phite rite now  :challenge: .... ;D I didnt see the game I going with what men reporting .Really I getting more confused than Dave Jenny checking the  unread topics ,some men saying we playing tata some saying we almost there .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:15:40 PM by Quagmire »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
Thank God I saw the game and dont have to listen or read the supposed reports. T&T was the better team and had the better chances. While Haiti played magnificently well in their half of the field passing the ball around the just died in the last third.  Glenn, Hyland and Toussaint were all guilty of missed chances. If I have to fault the coaches it is for the inclusion of Toussaint. He is not national material, way too small and light and spends too much time on the ground.

So Omarldihno, arrow Quagmire, babalawo have just been relegated to football neophite status. I will have to bypass all their posts like I bypass KND and ABtrini.The women I will excuse because I know their heart.

See all you guys in the Hex!!

the first half was piss poor, the 2nd half was bad but a little better with a little more fight.

5 midfielders we playing with an is generally a long ball brand taking place, no creativity in the midfield.

if you want to deny yuhself divine enlightment by ignoring my posts feel free, but that side in that state eh progressing from the semi final round. If you happy with that performance then power to you.

my hope is that with the addition of the foreign based pros some how it go click, but that 4-5-1 brand we playing not happening.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2008, 07:26:35 PM »
forget neo lewwe phite rite now  :challenge: .... ;D I didnt see the game I going with what men reporting .Really I getting more confused than Dave Jenny checking the  unread topics ,some men saying we playing tata some saying we almost there .

Ok then your back to regular status :rotfl:...But from what I saw If I were to meet Haiti in the hex I would count it as six points. They have one of the p[rettiest passing game from their backlinbe to the top of our penalty area. After that its a total breakdown. I think the guys here were fooled by  the passing and not realising the compressed away sytem we were playin. I dare any of the naysayers to tell me that Haiti had more scoring opportunities than us.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 10, 2008, 07:29:21 PM »

This has to be sarcasm or just plain stupidity.  Toussaint actually provided a spark in the 2nd half adding some creativity going forward, keeping some amount of possession of the ball (even if guilty of over-dribbling) and almost scored, before that the team barely touched the ball in the 1st half besides Hyland's glaring miss on a counter-attack.  Everyone who watched the game posted that.  Maybe you only saw the 2nd half  ???

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 10, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »

I dare any of the naysayers to tell me that Haiti had more scoring opportunities than us.

So how many do you think we had?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:34:09 PM by arrow »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 10, 2008, 07:44:03 PM »

I dare any of the naysayers to tell me that Haiti had more scoring opportunities than us.

So how many do you think we had?
unquote your misquote neophite  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 07:52:58 PM by Quagmire »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2008, 07:47:06 PM »
I saw Hyland play Ash Wednesday and automatically saw his potential. He had a long way to go but had it in him. He can be a true midfielder, but coaches need to bring him along. From the looks of things the National staff not helping him get to the next level. NO progression is being made. If you invest in these young players then you have to do developmental work. Cannot just say they have the potential and then leave and say they playing at a higher level they will get better.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2008, 07:56:17 PM »

Ok then your back to regular status :rotfl:...But from what I saw If I were to meet Haiti in the hex I would count it as six points. They have one of the p[rettiest passing game from their backlinbe to the top of our penalty area. After that its a total breakdown. I think the guys here were fooled by  the passing and not realising the compressed away sytem we were playin. I dare any of the naysayers to tell me that Haiti had more scoring opportunities than us.
Great observation fardder. @ least somebody watch the game with some objectivity.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #236 on: August 10, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »

"Compressed away system???" Ent is de same shit we playin at home too? Dais we system? Let teams over run we in midfield and hope dey fall apart in front of goal?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 10, 2008, 08:15:57 PM »
Look on de bright side.

T&T achieved a clean sweep today.  Not easy to do.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 10, 2008, 08:25:51 PM »

Ok then your back to regular status :rotfl:...But from what I saw If I were to meet Haiti in the hex I would count it as six points. They have one of the prettiest passing game from their backlinbe to the top of our penalty area. After that its a total breakdown. I think the guys here were fooled by  the passing and not realising the compressed away sytem we were playin. I dare any of the naysayers to tell me that Haiti had more scoring opportunities than us.
Great observation fardder. @ least somebody watch the game with some objectivity.

fellahs, with all due respect allyuh for real??

that is no compressed away system, that is the default maturana system. Same 4-5-1 with 3 defensive midfielders and an isolated forward we playing for de last how much ever friendlies and competitive fixtures.

A few things supposed to happen with a 4-5-1 which I frankly not seeing:

- Defensively, we supposed to outnumber the opposition in midfield and stifle the opposition in preventing them from being able to have constructive play.
- We supposed to be making greater use of the wings given the width that system allows for.
- We supposed to have one midfielder having the liberty to go forward and support the lone striker with the cover of two other CMs behind him.

There has been no notable progression or improvement over the course of our last 5 matches, against mediocre and average opposition.

It really beyond me how allyuh men could be happy with that.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2008, 08:33:40 PM »
Look on de bright side.

T&T achieved a clean sweep today. Not easy to do.

Palos, yuh just put it more cynnical than I would have  :)

Omar...the only thing wrong with yuh post is yuh mention "against mediocre and average opposition"....yuh giving them fellas too much props dey sah.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

1]; } ?>